• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCG

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled - 02

I didn't like this nearly enough as the first one. For starters obviously the three ghetto elevens (who tried to kill you last time and kidnapp your general) tries to 'escape' with your knightmares.
You still let them on and then they tried to assassinate you on the battlefield, great judgement call Leila. She showed promise in the start but I cant remember one thing of value she did on the battlefield, but be the one who needs saving by Akito. Disappointing.

Unless I missed it, they didn't even show CC, despite the preview. Well, onwards to the next epis.. oh.

The first entry established Leila's idealism and the second confronted it with reality. Despite her good intentions, she's still young and inexperienced. I'd only be truly disappointed if she learns nothing at all from these events, but I think the director isn't going to keep her or Akito as static characters (the three Elevens are almost certainly going to die though). In this case, I thought the emphasis was on what she did outside of battle and why she decided to participate, even if it didn't turn out too well. She was trying to make things work and prove she wasn't acting from a position of safety, despite her lack of piloting ability. I liked her idea about the drones, even if they were mostly just decoys in practice.

Since you're wondering about C.C. it seems they moved that part to chapter 3 as seen here.

What do you mean abused?

Don't worry.

When you play the game you can hold the device/phone/tablet and activate the cosplay Vn feature that show people in Cosplay clothes..( Can't wait to be in 2020 so i can try it too IRL )

So you can abuse that feature and enjoy the game with a genki catgirl classmate instead of a regular genki classmate.

Mazinkaiser 7

Ok I am willing to believe that a Super Robot can have a near infinite supply of giant missiles (at least if SRW J is any indicator), the power to create tornadoes that makes robotic beasts melt, can fire a powerful heat beam from a out of place red plate on its chest and just in general beat the crap out of everything without so much as scratching its paint job.

But I am calling BS on Mazinkaiser surviving
being drowned in lava
without Kouji being killed or the machine itself not being damaged in the process.

Willing suspension of disbelief aside, The climax and was fun to watch like the rest of the show. I'll admit that just having Kouji fight
Baron Ashera in a different body
is a bit lazy but it doesn't detract from the final fight itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom