• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 |OT2| Idly waiting for the Dog Days of Sabre

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluWacky

Arslan starts in April. Directed by Noriyuki Abe, series composition by Makoto Uezu and character design by Shingo Ogiso.

Gotta be at A1 if it's Abe surely after Kuroshitsuji (can't see him going back to Pierrot now)? Plus it's an adaptation of Hiromu Arakawa's manga version and they presumably have decent links now because of Silver Spoon.

Specifically, MBS/TBS Sunday 5 pm slot. Sue me if old :p

Oooh,it's Nichigo! I know timeslots are essentially meaningless but I get excited about them anyway :p

I have a soft spot for the original Arslan OVA. Looking forward to this a lot.

Of course the most important reason people should care about this is that the Arslan series is based on a novel series by the LoGH dude (although that also produced Tytania, so...)

It worries me a little that Arakawa's manga is getting an adaptation only a year or so after it started. The novels are ongoing; will this end up with an anime original story, perhaps, or just adapt a couple of arcs?

2qRcHsM.jpg

Am I supposed to like the doctor?

Because he seems like an asshole.

And not the entertaining kind of asshole that Izaya is.

NewFresh

Ice cold, Emmanuel.

I wasn't that...

now i'm feeling like an unwanted child :( Sword of the Stranger looks really great, love movies.

Yeah, maybe that came out wrong.

@EmmanuelMunoz
black lagoon is one of my all time favs.
As i mentioned, i should really have added a note on that score..

Have you tired jormungand? A step down from black lagoon but has some similar elements that I found interesting. Gungrave is also kinda similar but...well it's gungrave.

Was Bacanno! on your list?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
No new Donyatsu chapters.

No new Tonnura-san chapters.

No new Teppu chapters.

FUCK THIS HOBBY.

cajunator

Banned
Days? Is that how long it takes to get on NeoGAF now? It used to take months and months. They'll just let anyone in now!

Anyway, as for recommendations, I'd say watch Sword of the Stranger.

I remember when it was 3-5 months and a small group of Juniors was introduced in a new thread.

BEAR you are a genius!!

Too bad I'm not creative enough to come up with generic moe girls

Typically I draw my own but its nice for someone else to do all the work.

Haly

A make your own Ume design Flash app would be dangerous and probably a controlled substance in countries like America.

Clov

People seriously think the cheapest R1 company will pay Kadokawa enough money for their top franchise at the moment?

Yeah, it doesn't strike me as very likely either. I thought that Funimation would be interested in it. Perhaps they'll pick up the home video rights later on? I don't think any companies outside of Funimation and Sentai would even consider trying to grab this one, so I'm not sure what's going to happen with it.

/XX/

Days? Is that how long it takes to get on NeoGAF now? It used to take months and months. They'll just let anyone in now!
Took me almost a year...
Days? Months? Ohoho, I see this is what non-gold account peasants actually believe:

Buying the subscription right away had its perks!

From what Shirobako told me, military moe is HOT right now.
That's just Mr. Mizushima & Co. paving the way for their "hinted" Ribbon Warrior adaptation... oh, and next year's GuP movie as well, of course! :p

Code Geass: Akito the Exiled - 02

I didn't like this nearly enough as the first one. For starters obviously the three ghetto elevens (who tried to kill you last time and kidnapp your general) tries to 'escape' with your knightmares.
You still let them on and then they tried to assassinate you on the battlefield, great judgement call Leila. She showed promise in the start but I cant remember one thing of value she did on the battlefield, but be the one who needs saving by Akito. Disappointing.

Akito and big baddie supposedly are brothers
, which suggests that Akito's power stems from his brother's attempt to kill him with his geass. Or maybe he somehow is immune to it and got this 'berserk' geass on his own.
Unless I missed it, they didn't even show CC, despite the preview. Well, onwards to the next epis.. oh.
Good parts:
"Julius Kingsley", Suit up (NSFW?), Centaur Knightmare

Oh my god her fuwa ponytail *_*
I was so happy when they announced this figure of Akiho in a catgirl outfit. Never expected it to get made!
Well it's surprising if y'ouve seen only the anime.
That ouflit can really be ABUSED ( if i may say so ) if you play the game .
Not a surprise it became a fan favorite.

However what i want is more ...

And the world won't answer my wish.

KanColle confirmed by CR.

This may be my favorite cute military series since Strike Witches.

Speaking of, there's a short cute military series this season too.

Well if they take clues from strike wishes we might have a automatic success.

Haly

Oh, so it was possible to make shotas with that.

cajunator

Banned
Well it's surprising if y'ouve seen only the anime.
That ouflit can really be ABUSED ( if i may say so ) if you play the game .
Not a surprise it became a fan favorite.

However what i want is more ...

And the world won't answer my wish.

Well if they take clues from strike wishes we might have a automatic success.

What do you mean abused?

Can't wait for the Ther-moe nuclear devices

First band moe
Then military moe
Now disease moe

How long until death moe? I need some cute skeleton moeblobs.

Well...Sankarea

/XX/

Does anyone know if the number of copies available mentioned on this product's page makes reference to just momentary or overall stock? Because I'm kinda worried about the further availability of this PERFECT BLUE's storyboards re-issue.

This not being announced as a limited release, and only 10 days after they opened pre-orders for it, the idea of having just 67 copies left (at this precise moment) in there at the publisher's own store (although without knowing if this would affect in the same manner to other affiliated re-sellers like amazon.co.jp) makes me think that they didn't plan to print more due to an already expected low demand... :-(

I hope I'm just jumping to conclusions prematurely! But... is the interest on Mr. Kon's work sufficiently alive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom