• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I really don't understand the point of the censoring. Isn't this stuff shown at 2 AM in Japan or something? Who are they censoring it from other than the Otaku who WANT to see everything? Kids aren't up at that hour and they don't give a shit about shows like that to begin with. The only people staying up to watch that are the same ones who buy the blurays. Unless it really is a bluray marketing gimmick.

OceanBlue

I really don't understand the point of the censoring. Isn't this stuff shown at 2 AM in Japan or something? Who are they censoring it from other than the Otaku who WANT to see everything? Kids aren't up at that hour and they don't give a shit about shows like that to begin with. The only people staying up to watch that are the same ones who buy the blurays. Unless it really is a bluray marketing gimmick.

They're on AT-X, a satellite channel which has shown worse. It's definitely just a Blu-Ray marketing gimmick.

Steroyd

I don't understand it either, but I can only see it as a marketing gimmick for Blu-rays unless there's some strange backwards censorship law at play here.

2da.jpg

lololol

Oh we're doing beam of the week, surely Mikan having a leisurely stroll with Yami has to take the title of most random beam of the week.

I was thinking of using that one too. It was hilarious seeing a casual hanging out montage, and then a giant-ass beam, 1% of it actually covering what it needs to.

cajunator

Banned
Yep, the Madoka is enormous...hope you can find a good spot for it. I'm at the point where I just have to rotate figures on display. Maybe my roommates won't notice if I start to take over the guest room.

Looking forward to seeing those pics if you do decide to do them! I'll admit to sucking at figure photography too. I need a better camera, for starters.

My dad has a really nice camera. He doesn't use it much at the moment so I might be able to borrow it.

That meme is so hilariously stupid.

¥¥¥

That meme is so hilariously stupid.

Like all memes are.

jbug617

Banned
Suki-tte Ii Na Yo 4

Another person trying to break up the unlikely pair. It's great that Mei
put the smack down on him verbally and then Yamato gives it to him physically. Also you find out that the other girl problem and Yamato admits to sleeping with her.
Guess Mei gains her confidence in the end.

Andrew J.

Sword Art Online 17

At the risk of repeating myself, I'll take a one-dimensions psychopath villain played by Takehito Koyasu over the wistful psychobabble of Kayaba any day.

Sword Art Online 17
tumblr_mch7tpE9fk1qjklx2o1_500.png

I like Fairyto more than SAO Kirito. Flight system alone makes ALfheim Online leagues better than Sword Art Online. Kiritos antics were hilarious. He was like making an eight in the sky. World Tree and the guardian set up around/in the dome seems way more appealing than ascending 100 floors. Where this lacked though is in the antagonist.
Mind control or memory altering sounds way too ambitious where permadeath felt a bit more realistic of sorts. I dont know, when he got to the contracting with someone in America it just felt silly. Anyway, as long as rescuing Asuna through the power of Kirito and teamwork through different races is there it should be good

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Suki-tte Ii Na Yo 4

Another person trying to break up the unlikely pair. It's great that Mei
put the smack down on him verbally and then Yamato gives it to him physically. Also you find out that the other girl problem and Yamato admits to sleeping with her.
Guess Mei gains her confidence in the end.

It's a shame how I used to look forward to each episode, but now I'm dreading every Saturday until its done. :lol

Why am i laughing so hard ???

Because Mor really could wreck his shit if she wanted to.

mAcOdIn

Considering your avatar is one of my favorite series how bad can my tastes be, really?
Because you like everything. How could I trust a food critic if he liked everything from eating from a 5 star restaurant all the way down to eating from the dumpster behind a local Chinese restaurant?

Syrinx

YuruYuri 10

Field trip!

So, I imagine that Yui's experience of dealing with Kyoko during the trip was somewhat akin to a parent taking their kid to Disney World for the first time, where the kid is all excited and running all over the place and the parent is tired, but if they stop watching her for five seconds she'll be on the other side of the park starting a fire or some shit. She seems to have the attention span of a meth-addicted squirrel. Props to Yui for not losing her mind.

I thought Chitose's nosebleeds were getting old, but then she bled into her soup and then bled out her eyes. Those were funny.

Were those noises that Kyoko were making in the bath supposed to be like a tugboat or something?

Then, they had a pillow fight. Come on, Yui, how do get knocked out cold in a pillow fight?You're better than that, dammit! And come on Chitose, you don't compliment your opponents after they deliver a critical blow to your face, even when they weren't fighting you! Fight back!

This is like the second time in the last three episodes where Akari and Chinatsu were barely there, or not there at all. Hope they don't keep getting shafted out of their due airtime.

cajunator

Banned
Because you like everything. How could I trust a food critic if he liked everything from eating from a 5 star restaurant all the way down to eating from the dumpster behind a local Chinese restaurant?

I really don't understand what is wrong with liking almost everything.
Its like, its fine to like x good show, but its NOT fine to like Y bad show in addition to X.
It doesn't really make sense. Like having good tastes means not only appreciating good shows but also having to completely exclude bad shows entirely.

Kazzy

I can recall Cajun saying he dislikes several Anime, it's just that he typically pursues what he likes, not there is anything wrong with that. I mean, whenever the thread is called on to provide a list of recommended shows, his taste never seems conspicuous in its content.

He did highlight SAO as being a bad show after all!

mAcOdIn

I really don't understand what is wrong with liking almost everything.
Its like, its fine to like x good show, but its NOT fine to like Y bad show in addition to X.
It doesn't really make sense. Like having good tastes means not only appreciating good shows but also having to completely exclude bad shows entirely.
There's nothing inherently wrong with liking most everything, don't get me wrong, in fact, I wish I could like most things I see because I think I'd be a happier person if I could, however, all I'm saying is that when you hold such an outlier's position then by default you no longer sync up with a large amount of people and your view becomes less relevant to the rest of the people if that makes sense. Again, I'm not saying it's right or wrong here , I'm not completely meaning to insult you, just a tiny bit, but like I said it's like anything else, when you like so much of something that opinion becomes less relevant to the rest of us.

Like a food critic who likes to eat almost anything. Like a computer user just as happy on Dos as the newest Windows or Mac OS, like a reader who likes every book, or a guy who likes every movie, when you hit that level you're so far removed from the rest of the group how can people take your opinion seriously? On the flip side I guess it's easier for us to read you than it is for you to pick shows for us because we could just be like "eh, it has chicks in it, he'll like it," but the difference in opinion is there and I don't think they reconcile.

There's nothing inherently wrong with liking most everything, don't get me wrong, in fact, I wish I could like most things I see because I think I'd be a happier person if I could, however, all I'm saying is that when you hold such an outlier's position then by default you no longer sync up with a large amount of people and your view becomes less relevant to the rest of the people if that makes sense. Again, I'm not saying it's right or wrong here , I'm not completely meaning to insult you, just a tiny bit, but like I said it's like anything else, when you like so much of something that opinion becomes less relevant to the rest of us.

Like a food critic who likes to eat almost anything. Like a computer user just as happy on Dos as the newest Windows or Mac OS, like a reader who likes every book, or a guy who likes every movie, when you hit that level you're so far removed from the rest of the group how can people take your opinion seriously? On the flip side I guess it's easier for us to read you than it is for you to pick shows for us because we could just be like "eh, it has chicks in it, he'll like it," but the difference in opinion is there and I don't think they reconcile.
Has cajun ever claimed to be an anime critic? This boils down to "stop liking what I don't like."

faridmon

Psycho - Pass Ep 1 & 2

Notwithstanding the ugly art style it utilizes, The world is interesting enough to hold my attention and feed my curiosity. It does remind me a lot of Darker than Black in terms of how law enforces use powers to apprehend those how have the same powers but are criminals on the run. The writing seems to be on the weaker side, but the story, nonetheless, could develop into a powerfully exciting one. Can't wait for more!

mAcOdIn

Has cajun ever claimed to be an anime critic? This boils down to "stop liking what I don't like."
Everything boils down to that!

But, one, don't take what I'm saying too seriously, and second, he asked how bad his taste can be so I'm telling him. BAD.

But there's nothing wrong with that haha.

Sword Art Online 17

Sigh, I actually had a positive impression of this episode till like the 17 minute mark of this episode. Silly me for having one of those.

Why do MMOs have to be so life or death or mind control or rescue your boring waifu. What ever happened to playing them for the fun of it?

Kazzy

Everything boils down to that!

But, one, don't take what I'm saying too seriously, and second, he asked how bad his taste can be so I'm telling him. BAD.

But there's nothing wrong with that haha.

When one makes the distinction that the content is questionable, is it really bad taste? I mean, you can still enjoy something, whilst still recognizing that it isn't good.

I think you'd start to question it when someone labels everything as being unequivocally good, something which Cajun doesn't do.

cajunator

Banned
Well, ideally, yes, that would be the case.

I can sort of understand this, however, since I like most things, I will watch or at least sample most things (given the time to do it). Thusly I can give a lot more insight into what shows are out there than someone who willingly shut out most of it because it was below a certain standard, if that makes sense. Its better for being able to recommend different shows to people.

But, in fact I DO have a standard of my own. There are certain shows I just plain do not like, the same as the rest of you. I just think it happens to be a smaller amount and many of them are shows people tend to avoid in the first place. But if you look at my personal top ten list or on my MAL you will probably notice the shows I gave tens to (other than Yami)are shows many of you would agree are excellent.

Also, trying to narrow down my tastes as "it has chicks in it so Cajun will like it" is definitely not true. Its more likely than not, but its not really true. I dont just chase after every cute character in every show, as much as it seems that way. I look for interesting stories, good settings, nice music, good art, and decent production. I can tolerate bad plot/writing a lot more than some people obviously.

I think it would just be better if people were to look at the shows I rate 9s and 10s and not so much the 8 or below. If a show isnt abysmal I dont rate it less than a 6 most of the time. I just give the creators the benefit of the doubt and consider it a show that didnt particularly appeal to me.
When it comes to recommending things, you'll see me recommending Haibane Renmei, Kinos journey, mushishi, Moribito, Chihayafuru, Madoka Magica, YUA, CCS - CARDCAPTOR SAKURA AKA NOT THAT PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT CARDCAPTORS, that sort of thing. These are definitely not awful shows I think you will agree.

I think it would just be better if people were to look at the shows I rate 9s and 10s and not so much the 8 or below. If a show isnt abysmal I dont rate it less than a 6 most of the time. I just give the creators the benefit of the doubt and consider it a show that didnt particularly appeal to me.
When it comes to recommending things, you'll see me recommending Haibane Renmei, Kinos journey, mushishi, Moribito, Chihayafuru, Madoka Magica, YUA, CCs, that sort of thing. These are definitely not awful shows I think you will agree.
cajun likes Cardcaptors confirmed.

mAcOdIn

Ya'll are taking this way more seriously than I think anyone should. I'm essentially saying Cajunator grades on an extremely generous curve.

Sword Art Online 17
tumblr_mch7tpE9fk1qjklx2o1_500.png

I like Fairyto more than SAO Kirito. Flight system alone makes ALfheim Online leagues better than Sword Art Online. Kiritos antics were hilarious. He was like making an eight in the sky. World Tree and the guardian set up around/in the dome seems way more appealing than ascending 100 floors. Where this lacked though is in the antagonist.
Mind control or memory altering sounds way too ambitious where permadeath felt a bit more realistic of sorts. I dont know, when he got to the contracting with someone in America it just felt silly. Anyway, as long as rescuing Asuna through the power of Kirito and teamwork through different races is there it should be good

I agree ..ALO is more intresting because it's more a typical MMO..hopefully it'll be easier to understand than SAO and many of his rules ...

I did like yui in this episode.

Because Mor really could wreck his shit if she wanted to.
So it's a case where the meme could become reality ? LOL

Sword Art Online 17

Sigh, I actually had a positive impression of this episode till like the 17 minute mark of this episode. Silly me for having one of those.

Why do MMOs have to be so life or death or mind control or rescue your boring waifu. What ever happened to playing them for the fun of it?

Because not everyone can make an story without an antagonist while still being intresting ..
This episode last minutes did a good job IMo to show the stakes involved for the hero to overcome

Kazzy

Ya'll are taking this way more seriously than I think anyone should. I'm essentially saying Cajunator grades on an extremely generous curve.

I'm not being serious; I don't think anyone is. I was just curious how you were defining bad taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom