• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I thought Cardcaptors was pretty cool, way back in the day. So innocent.

I'm not gonna lie, I watched some of Cardcaptors on TV when I was younger. When I acquired the full series and watched it though, and realized what a clusterfuck scam Cardcaptors was, I never saw it the same way. Now it is the purest evil. Worse than talking during a movie.

NeonZ

Kintama 04/Final
Mantama 01/Final
Gintama 256/Final (for now at least, because next week we're getting a rerun of episode 136...)

Oh, hey.

Kintama_ep256_01.jpg

I wonder if the Wii U will be successful enough to justify a follow up to the Owee story?

Narag

Sword Art Online 17

Game stuff like the racial bonus talk, the magic system, race relations, and the world tree was ace. Rest sucked per the usual.

Sword Art Online 17

Sigh, I actually had a positive impression of this episode till like the 17 minute mark of this episode. Silly me for having one of those.

Why do MMOs have to be so life or death or mind control or rescue your boring waifu. What ever happened to playing them for the fun of it?
There's no such thing as a fun mmo.
I'm not gonna lie, I watched some of Cardcaptors on TV when I was younger. When I acquired the full series and watched it though, and realized what a clusterfuck scam Cardcaptors was, I never saw it the same way. Now it is the purest evil. Worse than talking during a movie.

But is it worse than talking at the urinal?

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sukitte Ii na yo - 04

Yamato gives
pity fucks
confirmed. :/

Hopefully they're done with the "rival" bullshit now that
the two problem kids are out of the way.

I think I accidentally caught Cardcaptors once...oh the horror.

I should thank you for always recommending Haibane Renmei. That got me to watch it, and really enjoyed it.

faridmon

Cardcaptor Sakura is a classic. It is incredibly fun, cute, has great music and characters and story. Cardcaptors can go die in a fire.

So we are talking about different series. never mind me then. Go on with your hate train. Don't know what the hell is Cardcaptors is and I don't care.

cajunator

Banned
So we are talking about different series. never mind me then. Go on with your hate train. Don't know what the hell is Cardcaptors is and I don't care.

That's the right choice.
Cardcaptors not only abridged the series, it removed any trace of Tomo's little crush on Sakura, the relationship between
Touya and Yukito
, and it portrayed Syaoran as
another competing Cardcaptor to Sakura
. It was basically an all around shitjob.

faridmon

That's the right choice.
Cardcaptors not only abridged the series, it removed any trace of Tomo's little crush on Sakura, the relationship between
Touya and Yukito

That doesn't sound good at all.

Robotics;Notes 3
tumblr_mch7eixpBV1qzd219o1_500.gif

Three episodes in and for me Robotics;Notes is the superior anime adaption among the two from this same source company etc. The concept is way better than Steins;Gate, Id rather take making battling robots and school stuff and friendship over random collection gathering female characters and solving their mundane life issues with a mix of
time hijinks
any day. And even more so the better cast is here, Kai and Subaru are way more interesting and just better designed than Okarin and Daru. I expect many great moments from these two.

Probably last to watch this weeks, but Ill spoilertag just in case. Good episode with the Robo One competition as well as a few things during it and thereafter. Im hooked.
I guess Aki has fast time abilitiy while Kai is able to slow down time etc. It also seemed like he had a murky past, cruise ship accident? adopted from sea or something, memory loss? And more the woman and scientist who analyzed him from afar, whom is this committee. So intriguing.

Best moment
Kai and Subaru in the office and he got conned into putting the mask on, whole scene was hilarious. How in the world did Aki not know, what even?

Syrinx

YuruYuri 11

Ladies, raise your weapons.

So Kyoko got a concussion or something when she tried to fly down the stairs, and she's turned into a boring, uptight shit. The girls pretend to like it. They act like things are better now that Kyoko isn't raising hell. But they all know it isn't. I believe that the moral of the story is that if somebody is truly your friend, you wouldn't change a thing about them. Or be careful on the stairs. I suppose there's room for two morals.

Also, apparently Chinatsu was a total brat growing up. She also doesn't seem to remember doing that. Or she just has a really good poker face. Hopefully they'll explain that. "I saw nothing" was probably the best part of the episode, at least until Akari hits her head herself and everybody raises the nearest weapon they can find (Yui's right, by the way: why does the Student Council room have a crowbar and mallet on hand?), and what follows is something I assume to be like that scene in Airplane! where the woman got hysterical and everybody's smacking her and shit and people got lined up to calm her down holding weapons.

Only one episode left for this season. There's two seasons of this show right?

cajunator

Banned
YuruYuri 11

Ladies, raise your weapons.

So Kyoko got a concussion or something when she tried to fly down the stairs, and she's turned into a boring, uptight shit. The girls pretend to like it. They act like things are better now that Kyoko isn't raising hell. But they all know it isn't. I believe that the moral of the story is that if somebody is truly your friend, you wouldn't change a thing about them. Or be careful on the stairs. I suppose there's room for two morals.

Also, apparently Chinatsu was a total brat growing up. She also doesn't seem to remember doing that. Or she just has a really good poker face. Hopefully they'll explain that. "I saw nothing" was probably the best part of the episode, at least until Akari hits her head herself and everybody raises the nearest weapon they can find (Yui's right, by the way: why does the Student Council room have a crowbar and mallet on hand?), and what follows is something I assume to be like that scene in Airplane! where the woman got hysterical and everybody's smacking her and shit and people got lined up to calm her down holding weapons.

Only one episode left for this season. There's two seasons of this show right?

Yes indeed there is MORE :D

Kyouso Giga II 02

5 minutes of colorful, crazy, amazing, awesome looking action once again. Sure, I had no idea who the girl was that the main character of this episode, but who cares. It was a visual delight on my eyes~

Taruranto

That's the right choice.
Touya and Yukito

CCS manga is better anyway.

Yeah Morigana can actually walk up a wall using her leg strength.
i know i read 125+ chapters of magi 4 weeks ago ( before the first ep aired ).. mor is love ...
Robotics;Notes 3
tumblr_mch7eixpBV1qzd219o1_500.gif

Three episodes in and for me Robotics;Notes is the superior anime adaption among the two from this same source company etc. The concept is way better than Steins;Gate, Id rather take making battling robots and school stuff and friendship over random collection gathering female characters and solving their mundane life issues with a mix of
time hijinks
any day. And even more so the better cast is here, Kai and Subaru are way more interesting and just better designed than Okarin and Daru. I expect many great moments from these two.

Probably last to watch this weeks, but Ill spoilertag just in case. Good episode with the Robo One competition as well as a few things during it and thereafter. Im hooked.
I guess Aki has fast time abilitiy while Kai is able to slow down time etc. It also seemed like he had a murky past, cruise ship accident? adopted from sea or something, memory loss? And more the woman and scientist who analyzed him from afar, whom is this committee. So intriguing.

Best moment
Kai and Subaru in the office and he got conned into putting the mask on, whole scene was hilarious. How in the world did Aki not know, what even?

i agree ... the pieces are coming together a little bit by bit ..i won't say much ( since i've already played the game ) but i think that while steingate is better , robotic notes have much more adrenaline filled moments ..i think it's because of the robots :)

Jex

Manga just announced they have the UK rights for Wolf Children and Blood-C amongst a bunch of considerably less interesting stuff at their podcast panel at MCM Expo in London, for anyone wondering what's happening with the rights to that in these parts.

They sure were quick off the mark with that one. Then again, they have been pushing the TGWLTT/Summer Wars dual pack out there so clearly they have an eye on the works of Hosoda.

Nafe

Robotics;Notes

Not too much a fan of the whole Japanese robot anime super popular worldwide thing but is OK. The disease the girl has seems awfully contrived. I like the MC though. He's not an asshole, he just refuses to be a doormat. Just because she's a girl doesn't mean he has to drop all his interests in order to help her, nor does it mean he has to pay for her hobbies. He helps her out occasionally, but he's got his own interests and he has no reason to become her personal slave because she's obsessed with building a giant robot. He will help out and I'm sure they will start a relationship because *anime*, but so far I don't understand the hate.

"Beat me at KILL-BALLAD"

Yeah this is my reaction to the people in the thread talking like he has some obligation to support her hobbies. The show hasn't explained why he's in the club in the first place (other than saying he found it to be a comfortable place to play games) but I'd assume she probably begged him to join and he did her a favor so the club has members.

I could see him not having to roll over for her as a personal slave but even in the first episode there was the one girl who came up and asked him for help, to which he responded with his "beat me at Kill Ballad". The way her male friend was basically saying not to bother as she wouldn't get anywhere asking him for help came across that he's not to keen on helping anybody at all and not just Akiho.

Robotics;Notes 3
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mch7eixpBV1qzd219o1_500.gif[img]

Probably last to watch this weeks, but Ill spoilertag just in case. Good episode with the Robo One competition as well as a few things during it and thereafter. Im hooked. [spoiler]I guess Aki has fast time abilitiy while Kai is able to slow down time etc. It also seemed like he had a murky past, cruise ship accident? adopted from sea or something, memory loss? And more the woman and scientist who analyzed him from afar, whom is this committee. So intriguing.[/spoiler].

Best moment [spoiler]Kai and Subaru in the office and he got conned into putting the mask on, whole scene was hilarious. How in the world did Aki not know, what even?[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]Were you able to tell who Mr. Pleiades was?[/spoiler]

cajunator

Banned
Looks like Robotics;Notes is the main show I need to catch up with now (start).
I hear rumblings of catgirls and genki so it should be fun.

Syrinx

YuruYuri 12

This might have been my favorite episode.

Damn, Chitose really got blitzed on that chocolate, huh? And poor Akari, after her bath barrel (that is remarkable improvazation, by the way) tumbled into a FUCKING RIVER, then having been completely forgotten her friends, comes back and has somebody forcibly kiss her up FOR THE SECOND TIME THIS SEASON! Of course, they calm her down by having Ayano kiss Kyoko, which causes the tea house to look like stomping grounds for Jack the Ripper.

That science lady is crazy, by the way. Who makes a time bomb out of an alarm clock? Heh, for a moment there I thought Akari had actually died and I was all like "WHAT THE FUCK IS FUCKING GOING ON IN THIS FUCKING SHIT FUCK!" But of course, Akari isn't really dead. It actually ended up being a pretty fitting way to end the season, seeing as how Akari's lack of presence was the big theme in the show.

"Oh and could you get me some juice and some yakisoba bread?" Famous last words, thems is.

Despite my rather snarky (what the hell this word processor doesn't recognize "snarky"?!) way of writing, I want it to be known that I genuinely did enjoy watching this show. Though I'll have to make full effort to make sure nobody I know knows that I watched this (or School Days, for that matter), or else I'd probably have to kill them. Will likely take a bit of a break before Season 2.

Jex

[Sister Art Online] - 17

This show is about as good as you could make it if you were closely following the material you had to hand. Interpret this in whatever light you wish.

As for the 'plot developments' this episode - anyone stupid enough to buy a Headset-thing after seeing what happened to the players of SAO deserves whatever is coming to them.

faridmon

Anymore announcement at MCM expo? I could have been there since a friend of mine invited me, but ALAS, I am in Birmingham at the moment :(

Wolf Children announcement made my day/night. Great!

Narag

[Sister Art Online] - 17
This show is about as good as you could make it if you were closely following the material you had to hand. Interpret this in whatever light you wish.

I was actually thinking about this earlier and how the part of the adaptation that might be the most successful is how they present these virtual worlds. The story is just sort of there and not really worth caring about but man, I enjoy the varied locales of the show. It's like that's the only avenue for creative freedom in this and taken advantage of accordingly.

Instro

What the, their butts aren't showing.
Yet

[Sister Art Online] - 17

As for the 'plot developments' this episode - anyone stupid enough to buy a Headset-thing after seeing what happened to the players of SAO deserves whatever is coming to them.
I'd still buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom