• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrotab

Banned
Horizon 1

That was probably the most complex opening episode I've seen so far. All those names, political entities, organisations... They just threw you right into the middle of all that. I didn't do a lick of research on this show before watching this, so I wasn't even aware of the exact genre. I couldn't follow the ending narration at all. Something about humanity basically 'reliving' history, then the Dark Ages happen, and everything screws up? And now there's war between Divine States who are in different periods of time or something? I might need to rewatch this episode later.

The chase scene was exciting and it showed off everyone's powers a bit. Based on first impressions, I liked sensei the most. Tomi has waaaay too smug a smile.

Not immediately sold on this, I am.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Horizon 1

That was probably the most complex opening episode I've seen so far. All those names, political entities, organisations... They just threw you right into the middle of all that. I didn't do a lick of research on this show before watching this, so I wasn't even aware of the exact genre. I couldn't follow the ending narration at all. Something about humanity basically 'reliving' history, then the Dark Ages happen, and everything screws up? And now there's war between Divine States who are in different periods of time or something? I might need to rewatch this episode later.

The chase scene was exciting and it showed off everyone's powers a bit. Based on first impressions, I liked sensei the most. Tomi has waaaay too smug a smile.

It only gets worse, and never better.

Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon 1

If you can make it to and beyond episode 3. I thought the basic idea wasnt hard to follow for the anime, but I did end up having to go to various fan sites and the wiki's just to keep a few of the details straight.

Horizon 1

I found turning off my brain and just enjoying all the splendor that is going on screen the best way to enjoy the show. Understanding it comes second.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Suite Precure - 08

gVkRZ.png
ANJqu.png

Pr6FW.png
ixW3y.png

Must resist... urge.. to ship!

Oh man this episode was awesome. With
Siren going undercover to break up Hibiki and Kanade's friendship, she herself got a taste of what its like to actually have friends. Don't even get me started on the idea of shipping her with Hibiki... really tempting!

Here's hoping further down the road
Siren comes to her senses and joins them.

iVzUX.png

So saved.

Geneijin

Horizon 1

Episode 2 basically explains all of this.

cajunator

Banned
At least Jinrui is taking the top spot among shows that weren't already guaranteed sellers. That's the true #1!
except when it isn't: see the S1s of the S2s selling well this season

In fact, it's looking more and more like they actively prefer bad writing!

Bad writing can be a lot of fun, so its not surprising. I mean look at Evangelion and how well that sold.

Suite Precure - 06

Kanade was such a jerk in this episode. Souta just wanted to show his appreciation for having her as a sister and
she just blows up in his face for getting the kitchen a little dirty. :/
Hibiki laying that guilt trip on her was glorious though.

This definitely looks like the Precure I want to watch.

Oh my god. This is amazing, lol.

compared to:

It's pretty crazy. Hopefully this season can bring some big sales. F/Z S2 will probably get on here once sales are reported too.

I guess I need to watch S2. I watched S1 and it was okay. Nothing amazing but the production values were good and it was entertaining.

Madoka Magica sold THAT well? That's pretty great sales. Shaft must know osmething that other studios don't.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Moe Nazi Tanks 4

I guess I've said fuck it and thrown in the towel at this point, especially when it has some hilarious moments even without the Nazi stuff.

IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW, BUT THEY ARE BRITISH BECAUSE THEY LIKE TEA.

I'll let you discover the context for this picture, but the
forced drama was just funny because of the melodramatic nature of it all. Almost as silly as the end of Upotte, come to think of it. lol

Jex

Horizon 1

All of which is why many people dropped the show after the first episode. Well, that and the art style.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
All of which is why many people dropped the show after the first episode. Well, that and the art style.

I liked the first episode of Horizon. I was fully intent on watching the rest of it, but somebody said the action gave way to boring dialog, so I dropped it. All I wanted was to see those lovely females in skin-tight suits bouncing around with explosions behind them for 13 episodes. Was that really too much to ask of Horizon?

Dresden

I liked the first episode of Horizon. I was fully intent on watching the rest of it, but somebody said the action gave way to boring dialog, so I dropped it. All I wanted was to see those lovely females in skin-tight suits bouncing around with explosions behind them for 13 episodes. Was that really too much to ask of Horizon?

It still has quite a lot of that, you just have to skip episode 8. That's assuming you don't mind the designs.

Season 2 is where they go full out action.

The middle of season one has lots of talking (with one great battle by Kimi) but the ending is action filled as well. If you want to see that, skipping the middle is the way to go.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
As a whole though, I don't see how a show becoming more entertaining does not make it a better show.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Does SAO become a better show then?

I don't see why it wouldn't if it does become more entertaining, I wouldn't know though.

A show can still be entertaining and bad. Just because it's better than it was before doesn't mean the show has become "good." I'm just disagreeing with Envelope's opinion of "It gets worse."

I see that Oshii is once again bringing his 'talents' back the world of live-action cinema. Goodie - http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/p...unk-for-steampunk-in-the-last-druid/garm-wars

Taking place in a world of war known as Annwn, Garm Wars sets the scene with clone soldiers from 3 military tribes, in a bloody and perpetual battle of air, land and technology. One clone, Khara, finds herself separated from battle and on the run with unlikely companions. In seeking to know more about their joint existence, the fugitives instead find an unrelenting truth and the greatest battle of their lives.

The Last Druid: Garm Wars is a long-awaited film Mamoru Oshii has wanted to make for over 15 years. Shortly after Ghost in the Shell (1995), Oshii-san completed a few short pilots as a precursor to Garm Wars but his original concept remained hidden from the world…until now.

And I see it'll be in English too. Oh boy!

Jex

More over, some of those elements sound similar to The Sky Crawlers. You already made that movie, Oshii!

cajunator

Banned
Well that's fair enough. In what way do you think the writing is bad?

The ending doesn't make much sense, but overall there are things throughout the show that were a bit weird. I would have to rewatch the show again to point out exactly what. I dont really care about writing anyway as you guys know so its not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom