• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Suite Precure - 22

fMm6E.png
VvroG.png

LHSPD.png
Gxu78.png

3F7yn.gif
3F7yn.gif
3F7yn.gif

3F7yn.gif
3F7yn.gif
3F7yn.gif

Holy shiiiiiiiiit! Cure Beat why are you so damn cool!!

Metrotab

Banned
Chuuni 5

It seems to me that at the end of this episode is
the exact moment Rikka falls truly in love with Yuuta. That expression doesn't lie.

Narag

(also, you don't know true pain unless you've subjected yourself to the animated adaptations of Ryûko no Ken / The Art of Fighting and Samurai Spirits / Samurai Shodown)

I've tried starting the samsho ones now and then but something convinces me otherwise, as if an otherworldly force is protecting me.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I don't usually post anything about an One Piece arc before finishing it, but this time I can't resist it.

One Piece 352 (353 preview)

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

BROOK AND LABOON HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SHOW

ODA I CAN'T

Articalys

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai 5

That ending was fabulous.
FukuJun going full chuuni with the Dark Flame Master voice, and her new email being the same "black raison d'etre" as the group name for the show's ending song was a nice connection to show it wasn't random.

Also, lololol at
the more "realistic" game of house that Tooka was playing with Yumeha

Syrinx

YuruYuri 17

I'm not sure I like this new disjointed pace this show has adopted. It feels like most of the things that went on in this episode were just mini-skits involving the YuruYuri characters. Maybe it has always been like this and I've never realized it (wouldn't be the first time), but it has become fairly obvious now.

I did like the bit with Akari and the train. Her running toward the train screaming while Kyoko had her head out the window was a great gag, and probably a reference that completely went over my head (it seemed a bit familiar for some reason). Then the rest of this bit was just Akari talking to herself, but it was surprisingly entertaining. Though I have to ask: who the fuck buys canned coffee from a vending machine. It's probably some canned iced shit that tastes like lukewarm ass. Then, the kicker at the end, she misses the train again because she's too busy texting with the others.

Himewari's sister was weird. "Do you hate boobs, Sakurako onee-chan?" "I'll share my boobs with you when I get them!" "I thought that milk would help your boobs grow". Yeah. Strange little girl.

Well even worst parts of One Piece are lightyears ahead of worst parts of Belach and Naruto. God damn some of those fillers were almost abusively bad.

What? One Piece has the worst parts among the three. Id take numerous episodes of the moms association of konoha and ninja circus troupes than experiencing one of those one piece fillers before skypeia/foxy pirates stuff (awful arc).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chuu2 5

qsdE2l.jpg

One step closer to the curling anime of my dreams. Make it happen KyoAni!

Mn1Col.jpg

But really, this was the moment that sold the episode and probably the series. I hope it avoids the melodrama trap and just treats junior high as a bittersweet memory rather than something traumatic. It's probably as close as KyoAni has gotten to a moment similar to Nagato crying when she gets the form back anyway.

Cwarrior

have to set the bar somewhere!
you have made up your own standards here by way of only measuring them in their entirety. The worst scenes of One Piece are really bad, some of the worst, and the best scenes are really good, some of the best. This is what i was trying to say.

Worst part of all of one piece is apis filler arc and that had random scene where luffy runs into a wall to make an exit which happen make me chuckle at how out of the blue luffy though process is, sanji sweet cooking skills ,apis's shitty cooking scene were poor zoro
forced to eat it like dumpster and that dragon bird's death & rebirth scene at the end arc was pretty good

Even the worst filler arc/moment of one piece is better then the best moments of most animes out there.

Uchip cut down on the tsunduru wahtever they call it.

CorvoSol

Confession: I've never seen anything from the Full Metal Panic franchise, so I don't know just how unconventional it is apart from there being some kind of loli military commander. Hope these all end up being good recommendations for you, then!

Oddly, Rei clones are most prevalent outside of the mecha genre now.

It's kinda best divided into three parts: There's the Action, which involves the super spy/mecha elements of the hero's life, the Comedy, which tends to happen when he is in the high school segments, and the Romance, which bridges the two.

I like to play the buff guy who only watches anime for the Mecha, but I'll be straight with you all: the romance in FMP! ultimately overtook both the giant robots and the comedy for me, and endeared the series to me.

And I really hated the Rei clone in Haruhi until they actually humanized her a bit. I hate them not so much because they're unoriginal, but because they're all the same lack of a character.

Suite Precure - 21
http://i.imgur.com/3F7yn.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
you're in for a treat for the next episodes
[quote="Noirulus, post: 43829656"]

I can't tell whether that's a recommendation or a warning, lol.[/QUOTE]
Because it's actually both ..it'sa wild ride that is enjoyable ..but you're not garanteed to enjoy the ending ( i did but i know some people didn't )
[quote="SDBurton, post: 43830850"][B]Suite Precure - 22[/B]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3F7yn.gif[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3F7yn.gif[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3F7yn.gif[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3F7yn.gif[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3F7yn.gif[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/3F7yn.gif[IMG]

[spoiler]Holy shiiiiiiiiit! Cure Beat why are you so damn cool!![/spoiler][/QUOTE]

will you last for a trio , then ? are you READY ?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If I remember the season really ended abruptly and I believe it only had 10 episodes. Hope there is another season coming.
Yeah, it was a weird season because Upotte was also a 10 episode series for some reason. I was wondering if 10 was starting to become the new 12/13 because of poverty in the anime industry. :p

Jarmel

Banned
Sword Art Online 17- A Father's Love
1901321_o.gif

I'm enjoying this hell out of this show. I want those tears. All this suffering is delicious. Anyway this is a more traditional show now with the whole rescue the princess bit. I mean it's quite fascinating how fast Asuna is being turned into a damsel-in-distress. I think someone had real life relationship issues. It's really amazing how shallow and blatant the self-insertion is. I mean good God, this is as close I've ever seen to seeing a Gary Stu. I think I've seen hentai less blatant than this. The daughterfucker figures out how to fly as good as a pro within minutes. Okay. I could discuss how mind-numbingly stupid this show is from things such as some crazy maniac magically figuring out brainwashing or the fact that the government is insanely stupid for not managing these networks themselves instead of letting some random third-party corporation handle it.
How the fuck does this make a lick of sense? If people figured out that it's impossible then why the fuck are they still bothering with the game. Also has nobody heard of backstabbing? Is this some foreign concept where two races help each other and when they get before the throne room, they duke it out?
Also this is a load of shit. Who would play a game stupid enough where the balance is completely fucking broken when that class is complete? The driving force of any MMO is balance.

I probably could talk about how every character wants the MC's dick and how his sister is stupid enough to not recognize her own damn brother despite him looking pretty god damn similar but it's not worth the effort. I look forward to the sister getting the childhood friend treatment where she is forever friendzoned and looks on as the MC bangs the damsel in distress.

The worst news I've seen this weekend, and that includes my dog dying, is seeing SAO have near 30k in sales.

Sword Art Online 17- A Father's Love
How the fuck does this make a lick of sense? If people figured out that it's impossible then why the fuck are they still bothering with the game. Also has nobody heard of backstabbing? Is this some foreign concept where two races help each other and when they get before the throne room, they duke it out?
It's said in the same sentence that "maybe" everyone missed an event that would allow one race to prevail ..also no race can tackle the giant tree because they are worried about "backstabbing"

Who would play a game stupid enough where the balance is completely fucking broken when that class is complete? The driving force of any MMO is balance.

and that's why it works ... it's so balanced no one can tackle the main quest alone ...

Jarmel

Banned
It's said in the same sentence that "maybe" everyone missed an event that would allow one race to prevail ..also no race can tackle the giant tree because they are worried about "backstabbing"

and that's why it works ... it's so balanced no one can tackle the main quest alone ...

How does that even make sense? How does a quest or event allow one race to progress? Do they get some super buff? I mean if they haven't figured it out in around a year then people would say the game was buggy or broken. I mean usually most MMOs are figured out in three to four months max. After that amount of time, I think the analysis that it's impossible or broken is probably correct.

That is literally the most stupid game mechanic I've ever seen. I mean it's like putting a carrot in front of a donkey and letting them chase it for an undefined amount of time. At some point you gotta pay off. Looking at the recent crashes of MMOs, there is no way this game would have lasted a year before being shut down due to players giving up on it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Chuu2 05:

This episode really sold me on Rikka's character and why she acts to way she does, at least to an extent, as well as why she clings so heavily to Yuuta. I mean, it's not like the fact that she's
super lonely
would have taken anyone here by any amount of surprise, but it's the method with-which they deliver this information that really makes it feel genuine instead of just a trope. The potential for growth exists, let's see if KyoAni seizes it.

The scene at the temple was pretty funny, as was the "house" scene. ;P

There were some really nice scenes here especially in terms of lighting that really convey the feelings and not just the moods.

Chuu2_05_03.jpg

She may act like she wants to be in the darkness...

Chuu2_05_04.jpg

...but deep down she wants to join him in the light.

Oh, and Yuuta? You're way more interesting when you do a Chuu2 bit.

Distilled chuuni moe from the end of Chuunibyou episode 5.

KyoAni is untouchable.

My heart... she's reaching for my heart!

wonzo

Banned
Chu2 5

I wasn't really feeling this episode at first but the way they handled the maths test by using it to
highlight Rikka's social exclusion and the distance she feels from her older sister
instead of the usual melodramatic crap pretty much sold it. :bow kyoani :bow

Even the worst filler arc/moment of one piece is better then the best moments of most animes out there.
this is the most insane thing i've read since the last novid post

Untouchable until tomorrow.
Goddamn right!

Uchip

Banned
I don't usually post anything about an One Piece arc before finishing it, but this time I can't resist it.

One Piece 352 (353 preview)

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

BROOK AND LABOON HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SHOW

ODA I CAN'T

One of the best Tie-ins/retcons in anime for sure

What? One Piece has the worst parts among the three. Id take numerous episodes of the moms association of konoha and ninja circus troupes than experiencing one of those one piece fillers before skypeia/foxy pirates stuff (awful arc).

your avatar is a shota kissing a man, your opinion is void

Syrinx

Been evaluating what I should do when I finish YuruYuri. I watched the first episode of Darker Than Black and enjoyed it, but I didn't continue on for some reason. Might pick back up on that. May also start watching My Little Monster since a lot of people are saying it's good. Will look to see if Amazon has anything interesting as well.

cajunator

Banned
Been evaluating what I should do when I finish YuruYuri. I watched the first episode of Darker Than Black and enjoyed it, but I didn't continue on for some reason. Might pick back up on that. May also start watching My Little Monster since a lot of people are saying it's good. Will look to see if Amazon has anything interesting as well.

My Little Monster is absolutely worth your time.
Its really well done.

Jarmel

Banned
Chu2 5

I wasn't really feeling this episode at first but the way they handled the maths test by using it to
highlight Rikka's social exclusion and the distance she feels from her older sister
instead of the usual melodramatic crap pretty much sold it. :bow kyoani :bow

I agree. This was handled really well and was something I wanted the show to handle earlier. Also the sister truly is top-tier.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead OVA
tumblr_mcf0wqeis61rcj8eco1_500.gif

Pretty hilarious at times, half and half on the second half as nekkid ayumu at school was hilarious even if it was focused on girls physical exams, and Orito was funny all throughout.
Exposed boobs via sea through invisble potion at the end was not good :/ didnt like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom