• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel like getting into an argument, not that you can have that substantive a discussion about personal subjective reactions to a show anyway, so all I'll say is that I found Hyouka to be entirely engaging and engrossing all the time. It was oozing with the kind of atmosphere I love.

MCD

magi88a.png

Yup. He is total shit.

If you gonna do a badass looking shota, then do it like the master: Monster Girl Quest.

Maedhros

One good criticism I can make about Hyouka until now is how they don't make the show a moe wank feast. It's there, surely (specially Chitanda), but subtle and don't make me cringe like in every other recent KyoAni show.

That, allied with the art and soundtrack, make the show a bit mysterious. Even though the content is boring until...

Hyouka 04

Wow, a good episode. Seriously, that was pretty nice. How they actually did something interesting, proper research about the origin of the club/Sekitani Jun. The MC looks like a fucking detective.

I know the mysteries aren't the best part of the show for some people, but if the show continues like that, I can really watch. Or could... since I'm already spoiled and know that the episodes after 05 are slow.

suko_32

Hayate you're just not that funny anymore...especially if you're just going to use jokes from the beginning of the manga/S1/S2. I'm not the only one watching this show feeling like this right???

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6vmxeAAbG1qhrv31.gif[/IM]

[I]Watching 4 min shorts are a chore now? Really? [/i]

I know this is your shtick and I should honestly ignore your posts but goddamn DTL.[/QUOTE]

Well it certainly wasnt something that was any way pleasurable, why would I find entertainment from watching girls doing mundane things like talking in a classroom, shopping or watching them play with water balloons?

Branduil

One good criticism I can make about Hyouka until now is how they don't make the show a moe wank feast. It's there, surely (specially Chitanda), but subtle and don't make me cringe like in every other recent KyoAni show.

That, allied with the art and soundtrack, make the show a bit mysterious. Even though the content is boring until...

Hyouka 04

Wow, a good episode. Seriously, that was pretty nice. How they actually did something interesting, proper research about the origin of the club/Sekitani Jun. The MC looks like a fucking detective.

I know the mysteries aren't the best part of the show for some people, but if the show continues like that, I can really watch. Or could... since I'm already spoiled and know that the episodes after 05 are slow.

Only episode 6 is "slow."

Hyouka's problem was that the mysteries felt too mundane and unsubstantive, sometimes bordering on the surrealistic (Why did I get pissed off?), to actually warrant the serious dramatic encadrement, and this gives the first cour a very dry atmosphere.

The School festival arc resolved that by making the mystery cartoony and interesting, while letting the character interaction work in a dynamic environment (the cooking competition etc.).
thats how I felt though I enjoyed it for what it was by the end.
the atmosphere at certain points was more fitting for a supernatural show or something more serious like a murder mystery.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
It's like you're meeting him for the first time, again!

Haha seriously! For a second I thought it was someone else because I didn't catch the avatar change, but nope... it's just DTL being DTL.

Why don't you find out for yourselves? After all, it's only 4 minutes!!

Big difference in calling a show a chore because its terrible, and calling the show a chore because it lacks guys.

Hidamari Sketch X Hoshimittsu 6

This went a little overboard on the eyecatches. I know the series often uses them as scene transitions, which is fine in moderation, but when you've got at least one every minute and they're often not even connected to what's going on around, that's just needlessly making the episode feel choppy. I see that this is the only time the storyboarder has worked on a Shaft show, so I think he tried too hard to fit in with their style without actually doing anything interesting.

Still, it was fairly enjoyable. Nazuna's deformed face is my favorite.

cajunator

Banned
Well, it doesn't look better.
And it's certainly not better written.
I guess it is more "moe," though.

Visually no one can argue, but chuunibyo has been pretty well written so far based on the subject matter.
Its certainly not awful. Everything has made sense in context.
Its definitely much cuter but also a lot stronger from episode to episode.
Hyouka was ultimately a gorgeous show with very little to say.
That was the main problem with it.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Visually no one can argue, but chuunibyo has been pretty well written so far based on the subject matter.
ugh

Kazzy

That's because it's me

You old romantic, you!

It's good so far (as of writing, I still need to catch up on the last two episodes), but it's a bit early to making that sort of judgement. And Hyouka had a lot to say, it's just that, it didn't fall exactly in line with what many were expecting from it. The contrasting opinions to the final episode were proof of that.
I found it weird that people were genuinely annoyed with it, particularly with the fact that there wasn't some huge romantic resolution.

Branduil

Hyouka had quite a bit to say, actually. A lot more than Chuunibyou has so far, with its exceptionally simple themes. I guess you could say it doesn't matter since it's a comedy, but the jokes are starting to wear thin.

Blasty

I'm about to watch the new BTOOOM! episode. It's been rather odd, but good. For some reason it reminds be of Mirai Nikki.

cajunator

Banned
I'm gonna check out Tonari first. To be honest, I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of moe anime. I like it, sometimes - but the show has to also be good for me to get into it.

Chuunibyo is good actually.
Tonari is just even better so definitely check it first.
You cant go wrong with either one.

cajunator

Banned
Whoa dude.. that gif is for real??

On second thought...

Watching this might really enrich my Chuunibyou doujin reading experiences.

Okay, I am sold.

She says this little "au!" thing when yuuta smacks her and it melts your heart.
I created a word to describe the show.
Hyperdorasqueetiful.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Hyouka had quite a bit to say, actually. A lot more than Chuunibyou has so far, with its exceptionally simple themes. I guess you could say it doesn't matter since it's a comedy, but the jokes are starting to wear thin.
They were never funny. It's just irritating.

Also the show doesn't make sense a lot of the time. See:
Chuu2 4

This show is not very good.

Couldn't they have just told blondspin girl about the characters of her name and got it over with
GOD

Articalys

Media Blasters has finally thrown in the towel with trying (and failing) to continue to release Bakuman, and it seems that they hope Viz will pick up the slack. A fan asked them "Why hold the licensing rights to a title (Bakuman) if you keep pushing it back, and then say you don't plan to do anything with it?" on their Facebook page, and MB responded, " I believe it will go to Viz. We wanted to release it but the sales were not there."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom