• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
6ZeWX.jpg

Highschool DxD Light Novel Spoilers

Issei's Best Bro Kiba turns into girl.

A Girl in a slutty nurse costume.

http://i.imgur.com/wlnkk.jpg

Kimikiss - 2

It's weird how many things are differently done in this show. 3 characters getting their own romance arcs and splitting the spotlight? One of whom is a girl getting involved with a guy? A rather gentle tone instead of wacky harem shenanigans? I'm liking this a lot.

And the background art is a lot more impressionistic than I'm used to, gives everything this washed out look. Not something I'd usually prefer, but it gives the show a way different feeling.

How does it compare to Amagami?

K 5
tumblr_mcttji3od81rx1dfqo1_500.gif

So many good moments. I love Shiro and Kuro looking on the bridge and off into the water, it was a lovely scene. But also the main attraction this episode. Misaki (he was blushing, even at the mere name of his Mr. Makoto) and Fushimi (voice change, way he says Mi. Sa. Ki and toys with him) and so much action on their front both in actual physical action and just their personalities clashing. It was really a well done interaction with some really awesome skateboard tricks and flashy spark fist attacks. Coolest skateboarder in anime ever.

The funniest thing was how everyone just kept missing Shiro, or even each other initially (Misaki and Fushimi crossing paths around that statue in the circle room but missing each because their on other sides). Or when the blues walked right in as Shiro and crew were leaving

There was some minor thing that was really interesting they did, when the lady was talking in the room and the camera went out of the window the sound made it as if we were listening in on her from outside the glass, minor but intriguing.

For plot, with Shiro not being a student and still not having a PDA (I guess he never had one) perhaps he induced upon himself some sort of amnesia.

Oddest thing was that random panty shot, it was like what was it ten seconds and you could her pink. Awkward.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Aren't they supposed to take care of gaspard ? and how the hell did this happen ? another crazy experiment , like 200 ise ?

Azazel had made a Gender Swapping Ray-Gun in a previous story. Issei is depressed and Azazel tells Kiba to use it to turn into a girl to cheer up Issei

This shit is so dumb it's hilarious.

Mandoric

Banned
Time Zones how do they work?!?.jpeg

Oh, I'm sorry. Are you still at work at eleven at night yet irked when people dare to call out your magical fantasy shitposting at three in the morning? Cleaning up to go home at 4, but beddy-bye time is before primetime? Or does the same magical time-shifting math that makes 12-year-olds 40 also put you in a hitherto-undiscovered time zone that ticks through eight hours while the rest of the world experiences the next four?

I mean, hold it, guys, we got a Homu over here. If any of you have pink hair you best be putting a padlock on your belt buckle right now.

Uchip

Banned
Oh, I'm sorry. Are you still at work at eleven at night yet irked when people dare to call out your magical fantasy shitposting at three in the morning? Cleaning up to go home at 4, but beddy-bye time is before primetime? Or does the same magical time-shifting math that makes 12-year-olds 40 also put you in a hitherto-undiscovered time zone that ticks through eight hours while the rest of the world experiences the next four?

I mean, hold it, guys, we got a Homu over here. If any of you have pink hair you best be putting a padlock on your belt buckle right now.

who pissed in your cereal?

Azazel had made a Gender Swapping Ray-Gun in a previous story. Issei is depressed and Azazel tells Kiba to use it to turn into a girl to cheer up Issei

This shit is so dumb it's hilarious.

WTF ..oh i see ..VOL 13 ..i stopped at vol 12 ..Those are crazy sub stories all of those i've read in this book were dumb and stupid but they were entertaining too ..
All is good if this is a one time (crazy) event

So it seems, according to Ghibli producer Toshio Suzuki, that Kamiyama had originally written the 009 Re:Cyborg script for Oshii to direct, but Oshii was fired by its producer due to his lack of motivation.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Space Brothers 25-27

This is how I feel when I'm watching this show:

AM1Wx.jpg

The new OP is cool, but I love the new ED.

duckroll

So it seems, according to Ghibli producer Toshio Suzuki, that Kamiyama had originally written the 009 Re:Cyborg script for Oshii to direct, but Oshii was fired by its producer due to his lack of motivation.

IG is doing it wrong. Oshii is supposed to write scripts for other directors to direct. Other directors writing scripts for Oshii to direct is just asking for trouble!

Ultimadrago

User Enron has been so kind as to send me a "Mystery Box" in the mail:

i23W4WhXUtzif.JPG

"U.Drago, I like it!"

The contents:

Top-Left to Bottom-Right: Read or Die set (2 out of 7 discs), Space Pirate Captain Herlock: The Endless Odyssey, Kaze no Yojimbo, (The very well-received!!!) Samurai 7 Volume 1, Samurai Champloo Volume 1, Yukikaze: Danger Zone (Volume 1)

I'd like to publicly thank Enron for dumping sharing his personal treasures with me. I'll probably get around to them someday.

Was planning on going to check out the new Cyborg 009 movie last weekend, but discovered that it isn't playing anywhere in Nagasaki. I'd have to travel 2 hours to Fukuoka to watch it, which is a major bummer.

Blah!

Also, no bloodshed! Can't we all live in peace??? =(

Blast of Tempest 5
tumblr_mctsr5Tk9S1rwv2mgo1_500.gif

megane Yoshino needs to show up more often, I hope. But Mahiro still is given the best looking moments. Tetsuma reminded me of Debito (Arcana Famiglia, so I was oddly waiting for him to say bambino).

At the end of the day everything happens for a reason, even if it is tethering on the edge of logic and reasoning, and ultimately my face at the end of the episode
just how extravagant is Salmon-dono's plan to even have crafted this barrel with her skull and at least tell the partial truth about her being on some deserted island (which I hope is at least surrounded by a barrier like the Clan's base

Taruranto

It's not my fault you're so shabby of an armchair analyst that you can't deal with the basic math of what happens when the 3 million paperback-buying 35-year-olds you heard about on TV once meet the 3 million magazine-buying 12-year-olds as recorded in the demographics data put out by the industry in order to properly guide ad buyers.

You know, armchair analyst is the wrong word at that point. High-chair analyst? Carseat analyst?

How did i even miss this.

jbug617

Banned
Zetsuen No Tempest: The Civilization Blaster 5

I think is my favorite show this season. I like the pacing and the action in it. However I think the plot can be confusing if you don't give the show 100% attention to the dialogue.

It was good to see the aquarium from 2 different perspectives (present and Yoshino's date). Also the new guy obviously is going to join the 2 fight against the clan.

Metrotab

Banned
Might be interesting to note Chuunibyou has now more pre-order points than the anticipated Little Busters! adaptation. Not bad coming from a light novel nobody even knew existed before this show.

Taruranto

Zetsuen No Tempest: The Civilization Blaster 5

I think is my favorite show this season. I like the pacing and the action in it. However I think the plot can be confusing if you don't give the show 100% attention to the dialogue.

It was good to see the aquarium from 2 different perspectives (present and Yoshino's date). Also the new guy obviously is going to join the 2 fight against the clan.

I actually think the only way to like this show is not put 100% attention in the dialogs.

Why does everything have to be a competition? Can't we all just agree that the combination makes for a delightful moe stew of which we can all enjoy?

Pillow girl truly embodies the anti competitionist and humanistic core of Chuunibyou. A non violent a silent protest against society.

So she is obviously best girl and should be ranked accordingly.

Team Napping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom