• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That's not subjectivity. That's shallow analysis. It's one thing to interpret a scene differently (and that's subjectivity) and it's another to have shallow discussion. You can have the same sort of discussion in absolutes too:

"This anime is the best anime this season."
"No, it's garbage."

In the end, of course, most people probably fall between the two extremes with a few exceptions here and there.
There's nothing shallow about being able to isolate and identify the reasons something is enjoyable.

Most of this discussion over the last few pages is really just over misunderstandings and the inability to properly communicate effectively. It's all pretty awful really.
pz1rU.jpg

cajunator

Banned

trejo

I don't have anyone on my ignore list nor do I expect to ever put it to use. I guess I just don't see the point.

This is all assumption on your part.

Really, if you wanted to say this type of thing, it would be that the negative opinions are so scattered and vastly different that I can't even begin to think about what's valid in them.

The list of negative opinions pertaining to this show I like varies greatly in range due to different sets of people having different sets of issues with it. Clearly this means they must all be utterly baseless!

OceanBlue

There's nothing shallow about being able to isolate and identify the reasons something is enjoyable.

Most of this discussion over the last few pages is really just over misunderstandings and the inability to properly communicate effectively. It's all pretty awful really.
http://i.imgur.com/pz1rU.jpg

That's not what I meant. I meant that things like, "I like [x]," are more of a problem for discussion because they're shallow, not because they're subjective. I agree with what you're saying.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I love the way you keep finding hidden reasons for people's behavior. It's really great that you keep doing that.
Yes, because I really, truly, actually think that people actually didn't like the show because of something relatively minor that happened in the part of the show that even most people who didn't like it admit is good.

Totally believable.

cajunator

Banned
Let's stop talking about garbage shows and go to the meat of the animegaf discussion.

Was charles ever in a bunnysuit in the anime?

Nope she wasnt.
That would have made the show pretty great.
She is literally the only reason I bought the blurays.
Yes I financially supported Infinite Stratos.
Im sorry guys.

Bleach 278

Show stop showing stuff that happens in the time before the OP. It's amazing that you can make a show that spends 5 minutes on recaps even harder to follow.

Nice fighting before shit hits the fan with the ear piercing brat.

Branduil

Infinite Stratos is one of the worst things ever inflicted upon the world by Japan. I'm glad the light novels were cancelled.

Yes, because I really, truly, actually think that people actually didn't like the show because of something relatively minor that happened in the part of the show that even most people who didn't like it admit is good.

Totally believable.

Yeah, I missed the context behind that post. My bad.

Jex

I see the discussion has gotten pretty serious in the last few pages. Fortunately I was watching The Skull Man do his skull things.

cajunator

Banned
I prefer my figurines appropriately dressed for whatever reason. That's why I'm not a fan of the bunny suit Charlotte figurine. The track suit one by Alter fits my taste a lot better.

I agree normally, but this figure is way too cute.
I love it.
I dont normally buy this sort of figure, preferring the original outfit.
The track suit one is probably a future purchase though.

jbug617

Banned
Nope she wasnt.
That would have made the show pretty great.
She is literally the only reason I bought the blurays.
Yes I financially supported Infinite Stratos.
Im sorry guys.

I want a Season 2. Even if he was an idiot, the show is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Fuck Hyouka, fuck your favorite anime, fuck your taste, fuck you, and fuck your mother.

Jex

I don't think shouting is the most constructive way to end any debate, however it is the way that most debates usually end.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think shouting is the most constructive way to end any debate, however it is the way that most debates usually end.
But that is because most "debates" on public forums are just people "shouting" at each other.

Lain

The Pet Girl of Sakura Hall 1-2

I did like the omission of the OP in the first episode: it left more time for the episode instead of the usual waste of (anime) time OPs are.
The start seemed a bit weak, but as it went on the characters grew somewhat on me, though I'm not sure how much I like the over the top setting.

Episode 2 had many silly moments and many reactions from Sorata (which is probably the part I like the most so far), though for some reason I found this scene really funny:
28914df0cdd87c5c47b8881aa9c1a969cc0b8527.jpg

ba361dc90fe8aba1ed459d02b2d3f2439ab196fd.jpg

She's totally my type

wonzo

Banned
There's nothing more pathetic than bragging about having someone on ignore.

Space Brothers 31

Huh, so they can get someone to record a couple of lines in space but they can't find someone to do CG that doesn't stick out like the worlds shittiest thumb. Funny list of priorities that is. Oh well, I felt like they kinda undermined the fantastic end to last weeks episode with teh recap but the antics with the old man certainly helped keep the episode enjoyable overall.

spacebros31a.jpg
spacebros31b.jpg

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Congrats on being the first on my ignore list all of animeGAF.

Dresden

^ yo dayum

Cajun was onto something with the Charlesjack.

Now if only there would be the mythical bunny Laura figurine.

OceanBlue

The Pet Girl of Sakura Hall 1-2

I did like the omission of the OP in the first episode

It's become so common now that it shouldn't be a big deal for me, but I love it when the first episode of shows don't open with the OP and place it where the ED should be instead. I love it. Final episodes do it too and it's great.

Jex

I think we're onto something BIG here, Jexhius.

I've seen conflicts resolved amicably e.g. both people acknowledge the other persons position (because it's pretty rare to actually change someone's mind) but that's never going to happen once you start attacking other people rather than the arguments they put forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom