• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
opm1.jpg
opmo1.jpg

hey guys one has more lines and detail than the other but it pretty much looks the same to me. 2subtle4me

Branduil

Arguing with cajunator about character designs is like trying to teach a mule how to dance.

Both are coming to a Broadway theater near you.

Uchip

Banned
Well yeah, anybody could.
But the ones on the bottom could be fixed extremely easily.
Umakoshi style isnt very complicated at all.

not saying they couldn't be fixed
but toeis animators are either really lazy or really inconsistent
its also very different from an animation standpoint, this isnt a manga where its a single drawing being modified

cajunator

Banned
Arguing with cajunator about character designs is like trying to teach a mule how to dance.

Both are coming to a Broadway theater near you.

All Im saying is that a competent artist could reproduce that style in a few minutes.
It amazes me that professional artists cant reproduce something they see.

trejo

Jungle wa itsumo Hare nochi Guu 1-3

Holy crap on a cracker this show is insanity distilled. Every other scene had me questioning just exactly what the fuck I was watching only to one-up itself each time with some new, demented, hilarious gag. Guu is, like, the master troll to rule over all other trolls ever. This is completely mental in the best possible way.

Also, that mom is hella awesome.

Uchip

Banned

Holy crap on a cracker this show is insanity distilled. Every other scene had me questioning just exactly what the fuck I was watching only to one-up itself each time with some new, demented, hilarious gag. Guu is, like, the master troll to rule over all other trolls ever. This is completely mental in the best possible way.

haha
I gotta find that show again
one of the few genuinely funny comedy anime

I can only assume like Uchip said that the toei animators just plain dont give a shit.

theyre making mad bank with One Piece and nobody is going to complain about it

I don't think I can get into the childish animes anymore. It needs to be something unique. The last one that I loved immensely was Death Note. Haven't seen anything seriously good since then.

Any recommendations for serious original animes?

Currently watching "From the New World" and it's not bad. Had a few hiccups in the middle but looks like its getting back on track.
I watched Tsuritama and Code Breaker (1 episode each) and they are quite childish.

I am thinking of starting Steins;Gate again as I dropped it after 7-8 episodes. Seeing the lack of original stuff, I might have to pick it up again =/

Instead of jumping on you like a few other people in here, I'd ask if you can give us any more information about what you're looking for. I don't really know if I'd call Death Note unique anymore, but it would be good to know just what you liked about it.

jman2050

Tsuritama 6:
What a fantastic episode all around. It had all of the normal quality I associate the show with, but it also managed to do so much more. We get some more plot developments, and they come in a rather fun way, and all tie together nicely with what the characters are doing. Yuki's continued development is great, and you can even see that in something as small as how the facial expressions he makes have changed. The scene where the characters all work together to catch the tuna was a really heart warming one, and we got some more of that at the end, too. The confrontation between Akira and Haru was handled very delicately, and despite all of the inherent zaniness of the scene (and the premise, really), it felt quite nuanced and stood apart from the rest of the surrounding material.

Fate/Zero 6 / 7

Darn I wonder if Kiritsugu's ability was inspired by AW's Physical Burst there. Heh, I think first half of F/Z has more of my favorite moments as Im rewatching, every fight is really well done. Either Im more attentive this time but its like Kiritsugu has no ever spoken to Saber at all.

Penguin Drum 22

If Kanba dies, ugh, I cant. Kanba has been doing so well and was quite epic with his smartphone game of rolling the ball causing some explosion in the real world, but I guess its time for Sho to get involved here. Regardless other girl accompanying him and then sacrificing her self, she deserves much praise, best female character in this

Still have mixed feelings on this entire ending arc, depending on the actual ending, I guess I will side with either liking or disliking

Dusk Maiden of Amnesia 6 / 7

See, when the anime ditches all the fan service stuff it can really deliver on being a good story. Both episodes had good mysteries and suspense to make them the best of this anime so far. Specifically the Red Woman mystery was really good. If were gonna have ghost then I expect the anime to be dark and near horror like with some psychological effects on normal humans involved and it delivered.

The other episode
Kami Yuuko and her negative emotions leading to that surprising fall out from Teiichi and forgotten memories, wow. That came from nowhere.

The use of the visual genjutsus in the hall running or just the normal humans reactions was memorable, they need to do more of it.

Lain

Ginga e Kickoff!! 27

Relaxing episode with a little bit of training and a little bit of growing up.
Like the broken record that I am, I'll reiterate how much this show is good given how it handled the Erika's half jealousy/half hurt pride, with a bit of feeling left behind by people she thought were worse than her. No real drama, just a bit of stubbornness that doesn't preclude the kids from acting like rationale people in the end.

From The New World 7

I'm curious how the other 3 managed to
reach the spot safe and sound
but I don't think I'll get a sort of explanation for that.
I liked how Satoru showed some smarter thinking when it came to the danger they were in. I disliked seeing Saki trying to refuse the obvious idea about the missing kids. Given what we know she knows, it made her character feel a bit annoying in that situation to me.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I'm not entirely sure why, but I think of Steins;Gate and Death Note(and Code Geass fwiw) as being in the same vein. I'd think that someone who likes one of those would like all of them.

The funny thing is, I love Steins;Gate, but hated the other two. They just didn't click with me, especially Geass.

might be spoilers

I think the official word is that Homura's
gender was unstable and meeting Minato made Homura into a female. I think Homura was changing but can't stand the fact she has a master.

I got that much, but what about
his penis?
This is important!

Hiiro no Kakera s2 ep 7

Wow confession of I love you senpai at the usual end of episode thing, unfortunately not the one I would choose
Shinji is supposed to be commited to his twin Mitsuru, why is he in love with us the viewer?

Episode wise, the actual backstory to the Tamayuri-hime was emotional and finally fully explained well. Typical sad but still the underworld god and the Tamayuri-hime spawning the events of the present was worthwhile. Present day, things still are falling apart, however
Takuma back with Tamaki
helped to balance out the intense feelings from Mahiro and Shinji and people basically resorting to the last ditch efforts.

wonzo

Banned
Magi 5

Ehh, seeing Paimon animated and the new Djinn equip was nice and all but this episode really didn't do anything for me. Probably the biggest problem is how they changed the climax of the episode as the way Aladdin and Ugo arrived in the manga was pretty hilarious. Oh well, next episode has nothing but MMMOOOORRRRRRRRR and that's all that really matters.

ed's still shit

Man the MAL forums are kind of stupid.
charismaman2.0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom