• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sword Art Online 20

That fight was fuckin good. If ALO has one edge over SAO, it's the potential for really fuckin cool mid-air battles.

I've said it before, but the degree people take the game seriously to the point of coming up with derogatory terms for different player species is awesome.
Roleplay to the extreme ! What baffle me is that in both SAo and Alo they had structured army ... Alo even has elections !!

SSO 32
being yuna is suffering
Part of her character..part of the franchise. Yuna is great as a support character but alone ? not a chance.
Hmm... seem like they've announced a new anime project for Rozen Maiden. Nothing 100% confirmed yet, but most people seem to think it's legit.
Could be great if they reboot everything and follow the manga this time..

Hmm, is this series actually worth checking out?
It has walking/talking dolls and the MC is a hikkikomori .... so yes it's enjoyable..
At least it has a nice OST.

Well yeah, right now pretty much the only ones still watching are those that enjoy the show, and those that have been vocally against the show have all stopped caring.

it's for the better.....hatewatch always find it's limit

wonzo

Banned
Medaka Box Abnormal 6
medakaa6.jpg
medakaa6a.jpg
medakaa6b.jpg
medakaa6c.jpg

Man, they fucking nailed down everything in this episode perfectly. The voices, the trolling, the animals, the fighting... Everything. I swear to god they better animate the Minus arc after this as it would be the greatest thing ever.

She's Raku.
At least the bad writing in this show's actually entertaining in its own way unlike Nisekoi where it's just completely and utterly infuriating with how dense almost everyone is, especially Raku.

sonicmj1

Evangelion: 3.0

.... There is no way to talk about this film at any length without huge spoilers that I'm hesitant to post. Gotta get a formal review out by Monday morning, so for now I'll just say that nobody could have possibly seen this coming.

Fuck.

I also highly suggest people avoid spoilers as much as possible.

Evangelion 3.0

Yeah, it's a hard movie to talk about. I did my best in the official thread, but you kind of have to be vague about it.

It was really disorienting going in without spoilers, but it was also pretty cool. Not sure why they chose this direction, but whatever.

Avril Lavigne ruining that trailer.. but yeah Strong World was very underwhelming.

It was a sick person who decided to put Avril Lavigne covering Nickelback in the movie.

Grzi

BTOOOM! - 07

The wedding scene was hilarious, and yeah, videogames make you a better soldier than a real battlefield.
Still, this was the best episode so far, pretty fun with some decent action, too bad next week looks like crap.

duckroll

Code:Breaker - Episode 7

sfAdK.jpg

Is this a sword of the stranger?

What an episode. Wow. What an episode. That was... not what I expected at all. But it was really cool, and still FUCKING HILARIOUS! Lol. I don't even know where to begin. It's impossible to post most images from this episode because there are so many... erm... interesting surprises. Lol. I'm totally Lost here.

Okay, so Sakura^2 is.... the daughter of the most badass Yakuza boss in Japan? I presume he has retired from crime or something, judging from what he said, otherwise there's no way her personality makes a lick of sense. Aside from that, the Code:Breakers actually have Lost forms? They don't just go unconscious like Ogami? They turn into LITTLE KIDS and DOGS? Wow.

This is really something else. I would say this episode "jumped the shark" but I would be lying if I said this doesn't make the show 10 times cooler than it already was. Random hilarious nonsense and kickass effects animation is what drives this series, and the more over the top and nonsensical it gets, the better, as long it remains funny and leads to good fights imo!

It was definitely a pretty impressive episode to officially kick off the second half of the series. Code:Breaker is true entertainment (TM).

So... Black Friday is less than a week away. What places do you guys use to shop for anime? Amazon has decent prices and I ran into(but haven't used) Rightstuf recently which looks promising.

I checked a bunch of reviews on Bluray.com and it seems like anime is getting lots of amazing BD transfers now. It seems like it'll be a good week to buy.

Westlo

JoJo 07

I'm getting caught up in the hype, but this show is literally too fucking cool, in my opinion. Everything about is either charming, cool, or both.

I love it, it's an absolute blast to watch.

I just watched the first 7 episodes in one sitting, holy shit Jojo is awesome, so on board the JoJo train. Also is this really 26 episodes long like listed on MAL? Fuck yeah if so.

Speedwagon is the chum we all wished we had!

Eva TV 1-2

Pretty good. Solid details in the visuals all around. Not sold on its excellence yet.

Yo, you better be on #Team Asuka.

cajunator

Banned
So, more waifu stuff, huh? I'll have to finish Ah! My Goddess first, I guess.

Not exactly. More shoujo/romantic comedy. Really good. Really cute.

Ah! My Goddess 13

A new challenger approaches!

So Skuld has officially joined the fold. I found her voice overly shrill and annoying at first, but I actually got used to it a lot faster than I thought I would. Though I'm not sure how I feel about the character yet. Overly stubborn and tsundere. For example, she scolds Keiichi for patronizing her for assuming she was lonely without Belldandy. Correct me if I'm wrond, but didn't she explicitly say that she was lonely or something to that effect? (Or was it about the overly heavy workload?) Either way, it's clear she was lonely anyway.

Though I, uh, appreciate the... revealing shot of Belldandy in the bathtub, why couldn't they do this for Urd? All she got was a sideshot of her in the tub. Nothing else. Come on guys, get with the program!

Belldandy rides a broom? Okay, that's unfair levels of hhhnnnnnnnggggghhhhh.

This show's OP really is lovely and beautiful. The new credit theme is much better than the old one as well.

Glad you are enjoying the Cute this series has to offer, which is a fucking lot.

I love how the show goes from english dub and then just breaks into the Japanese version of that song all of a sudden.

SAO 20

They really stepped up their animation.

iBgOVA1kallGU.gif

Oh yeah, that fight looked good too.

wow this show has changed a lot since I dropped it.

I don't really know how custom drawings work in Animal Crossing 3DS, but this is kinda neat.

RBtle.jpg

That is highly impressive considering how difficult it appears to be to accomplish that.

fertygo

Thing is it's not something that outlandish. Guilty Crown does have pretty amazing animation.

Guilty Crown wish had name like Mitsuo Iso and Yoh Yoshinari involved on its animation, instead abusing CG and quick cut to the death. (I know Eva have their own trick but blah)

I have only seen the first two episodes of Guilty Crown but the CG was very Production I.G. like, so even the weakest EVA scenes are leagues above GC.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Guilty Crown wish had name like Mitsuo Iso and Yoh Yoshinari involved on its animation, instead abusing CG and quick cut to the death. (I know Eva have their own trick but blah)
I have only seen the first two episodes of Guilty Crown but the CG was very Production I.G. like, so even the weakest EVA scenes are leagues above GC.
Oh yeah, I meant the hand-drawn animation.

P.S. Rewatching episode nineteen again. It may be my favourite anime episode of any anime ever.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Is that the
berserker
episode?
The Zeruel episode, yeah. I'm just picking up on things now that I didn't back when I first watched it. The jokes about Eva being for mecha what Madoka is for magical girls (lulz) got me curious. This whole episode is a big fuck you to super robot shows everywhere.

Medaka Box Abnormal 6

Man, they fucking nailed down everything in this episode perfectly. The voices, the trolling, the animals, the fighting... Everything. I swear to god they better animate the Minus arc after this as it would be the greatest thing ever.
Yep a Minus arc properly adapted would be the best thing ever !

cajunator

Banned

Such an adorable look of utter broken devastation.

Ah! My Goddess 14

Is there a "Pro-Skuld, Anti-Skuld" comic out there somewhere?

Skuld actually grew on me as the episode went on
course the point in which this happened was coincidentally around the time the Jameson started kicking in
Anyway, robot battles are cool. However,
Megumi did win, right? I mean, both robots were destroyed, but her robot CLEARLY collected more barrels beforehand, which was the whole fucking point. Also, did Skuld really taze Megumi at the end? Shit that kid's hardcore.

The Belldandy/Skuld moments in this episode were ultimate hhhnnnnnggghhhh material. Now I know what that phrase truly means.

Oh my. Be careful with that hnnnging.

They cant just raise cost on BD's and release more BDs. I think people are willing to pay for better quality of their coveted series.

I will gladly pay more for higher quality bluray over DVD. I am certain most people would do the same.

I wonder what is more dysfunctional - the anime industry or the Japanese games industry?

I would say the anime industry. the games industry is at least operating within a safe margin.

hmmmm, should I watch Girls Und Panzer? What am I in for?

Yes.
Cuties in tanks. Thats all that need be said.

#TEAMMISATO

I

uh

huh i guess i cant hate that statement

Misato is the once and future waifu.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Medaka Box Abnormal 6

Yep a Minus arc properly adapted would be the best thing ever !

Don't do this to me, guys. Let's enjoy what we have.

EBITEN 5
PVV2Ll.jpg

This is a tarot card featuring the death arcana.... no comment

For ep5 we get many fist of the north STAR references .. and an intense discussion about what means to be a cosplayer for a male .....i don't even know where to start considering how stupid everything was in this episode .. remember everyone bullying isn't cool except when everyone doesn't care

Ps: "YU A SHOCK " featuring maid doesn't delivers as much as i could have expected

Uchip

Banned
EBITEN 5

For ep5 we get many fist of the north STAR references .. and an intense discussion about what means to be a cosplayer for a male .....i don't even know where to start considering how stupid everything was in this episode .. remember everyone bullying isn't cool except when everyone doesn't care

its basically the terminator

Hunter x Hunter 56
tumblr_mdoofuDKqd1r8g55fo1_250.png
tumblr_mdoofuDKqd1r8g55fo2_250.png

They had really nice outfits, well Killuas, could do with smaller megane for Kurapika but otherwise sold. Really suspenseful episode.

Chrolle is so smart to figure out and finally connect all the dots like that. Though fortunately Shalnark and Feitan got to stay at base but I had to question why he left the base, some of them are definitely probably in line to now die definitely :( Did get mad at Kurapika though, rushing recklessly putting Killua and Gon in harms way, good thing Machi doesnt think they are that dangerous, gah.

I really liked how they had the lightning and then the power out and it got all dark while Chrollo was talking really made the scene stick out well.

Baka and Test - Summon the Beasts 3 - 6

How is Yoshii even surviving, he barely eats no hot water (no food in the kitchen ever), like 1/64 of a cup of ramen for lunch...His parents ought to send him more money. Anyway, I guess it made for fun comedy moments with his friends as well as the Yoshii x Kubo moment, and then Yoshii x Yujii house scene. The pool / bathouse episode was funny, as well as hunting for the prizes. Fun anime.
Iron ring thing is incredible just for letting them use their avys whenever they want

Defuser

Girls und Panzer ep 1

UAwfb.gif

By not watching this show!

Nice to see a everyday normal Japan with a normal all girl school with a tan...wait what? Tanks make girls more feminine? Girly? While completely disses the notion of guys with tanks? Furthermore this isn't Japan and it's on a huge ass navy ship?

6ObEH.gif

At least it got some :SDburton and the beginning segment was interesting. Not interested in the slice of life or whatever problems miho has. Will watch for the tank lessons and segments.

Pooya

Sword Art Online - 20

wow, this battle is actually good and is animated? this can't be, FINALLY.

that's it? ok. wait, what's happening? why are they....

it's shit again. :(

SWORD ART ONLINE

cajunator

Banned
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure 05

Dastardly Dio doth destroy and dehumanize.
Jubilant JoJo jousts with Justice!
Zeppeli zealously zigs and zags with zip.
Speedwagon shounen soul shatters sins.
DEVILISH DENIZEN DIO MUST DIE.
WWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defuser

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ep 7
mfQ4a.png
gUEMp.png

I don't know why but the drawing of the clouds offends me when I don't have any problems with the rest of the animation.

Other than that Dio is still a evil cruel douche and
RIP Zeppelli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom