• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ixion Saga DT 7
tumblr_mdp83cbngU1qbxqfpo1_500.png

One of the funner episodes of the anime, Kon so funny in the hot spring running and swimping and jumping and then the way and when Sainglain lifted him, more. Even more with his little shogun in response to Erec.

Ah and still glowing next week, looks fun too

Though they didnt say what a newhalf is?

Jex

Magi - Episode 7

This is a lazy review for a lazy episode. It was barely okay. There wasn't anything really "wrong" with the adaptation, because it only covered like... 3 chapters, but it also felt pretty devoid of personality. I can't really pin down what the laziest thing about the episode is, but it's probably a toss up between the totally mundane direction and the really poor casting and voice direction. This episode has some of the biggest male names but somehow it didn't make me feel a thing other than "this is the most miscast Fukuyama role I've ever seen and heard"... which isn't a good thing. :/
Well, shit. I can't really say that I'm surprised to read this but at the same time part of me hoped that it would all work it in the end, or that the earlier parts of the show were awkawrd because the team were just finding their feet. I suppose at this point it's safe to say that there's something fundamentally broken about the production when it comes to the audio design. For it to be so obviously bad doesn't say anything good about the production as a whole. Audio is not an unimportant aspect that will just work itself out somehow. It's as important as the visuals, and in some cases it can be even more important.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Does this count?
I would use it as an avatar but I already promised Zeroth I would wear his Anno avatar.
Well, shit. I can't really say that I'm surprised to read this but at the same time part of me hoped that it would all work it in the end, or that the earlier parts of the show were awkawrd because the team were just finding their feet. I suppose at this point it's safe to say that there's something fundamentally broken about the production when it comes to the audio design. For it to be so obviously bad doesn't say anything good about the production as a whole. Audio is not an unimportant aspect that will just work itself out somehow. It's as important as the visuals, and in some cases it can be even more important.
I maintain my opinion that the great use of music in Code:Breaker is the reason that the show doesn't seem incredibly mundane.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
One Piece - 568

Robin's "Ufufufu~" when she embraced Chopper from behind was kinda hot.

Poor Sanji.
How the majority of romance fanfics dealing with Robin have her paired with Zoro of all people still fucking baffles me to this day. Aside from my NamixRobin pair, I'd say Sanji is the only guy worthy of being with her. Zoro pairs should either be ZoroxTashigi, or ZoroxPerona.

Back to the episode, it was pretty boss of
Jinbe to volunteer himself for Luffy's blood transfusion. Respect!

Jex

I maintain my opinion that the great use of music in Code:Breaker is the reason that the show doesn't seem incredibly mundane.
That's not an unreaonable opinion at all. Sometimes I think the sound direction for JoJo is better than the visual direction.

Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse 20 (Pre Climax Special)

Pretty pointless, unless one is an ultra hardcore total eclipse fan then Im quite sure no one would need this recap to get "ten times more enjoyment" from the climax.

Skip to 15:33 for the new OP, and 22:19 for the new ED. New OP is good.

Soma

I keep seeing this show. They talk a lot about panties, but I never see them. Are there panty shots in this show? Someone post the panty shots. I need an anime with really really good pantsu in it. Like detailed pantsu where the artists really took their time and care (IE panty shot from Bakemonogatari ep 1 etc..)

I don't believe anything will top the Jexhius-dissertation worthy shot from episode 1.

I kinda want to read that entry again too.

duckroll

It's definitely a lot more than just the music. The show also has great acting, the characters all have very energetic and unique voices, and the storyboarding and direction is above average with great pace and really nice effects for all the powers. I think every little thing counts when it comes to making a show feel really enjoyable to watch, especially when dealing with generic original material. On the other hand, even with good source material, every little thing can add up to detract from the experience and make something feel a lot more inferior than it should be.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
One Piece - 569

GiFNe.png
rmfLO.png

R9TSm.png
lXRPM.png

Sanji
making sure he leaves with no regrets.

Strawhats
are invited to their invitation banquet/now celebration party after beating this shit out of Hody and his crew and saving Fishman Island. I like how in the flashbacks they still have dark skinned Robin. :D I miss that tan so much.

Hiiro no Kakera 2 ep 8
tumblr_mdpcxfV2dk1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Love at first site for Yuichi senpai :/ not the best one there, they need to do another with Ryo, I guess in the last four episodes for this, hopefully.

Nice that he actually got involved though and to find out he is a true Inukai, I wonder if he will have a larger role in the finale that we are coming up upon. He could use more magic and whatnots. Takuma too, if he can control those Onikirimaru powers in time before somehow the artifacts are awakened that would be beneficial too. Time is short and there is a lot of ground the could potentially cover to ahve a nice build up to a grande finale

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I seem to be in a buying mood again. How often do the Hellsing Blu-rays go on sale? I see that the first set and second are around $40ish each. First set having 1-4 and second having 5-8. I've only seen the first "movie" or whatever you want to call them.

I see Rightstuf has the Infinite Stratos Blu-ray for $26 (I've seen it) and Towa no Quon Blu-ray for $16 (Haven't seen it)

Man I really need to start watching One Piece again. I finished watching after Skypeia.

Mandoric

Banned
They're called hype trains because they can't change course or direction.

How about another use of the term? They're called hype trains because they're about 50 goblins and crabs clipping through each other that will not give up and will not relent until you zone (at which point they will aggro any other poor bastard standing near the zone line).

Jex

[Code:Breaker] - 7

These nonsensical plot twists are just the kind of thing that makes this the most entertaining show of the season!

yami4ct

So I've just finished Evangelion 2.22, and I'm not at all sure now why people laughed at me when I said I remembered Shinji being better in ReBuild than in the show. I was right on that. At the end of 2.22, Shinji actually has a spine and does things because he wants to, and I don't have to hear either him or Rei go "I am me." For 30 minutes straight.

To be honest, I was really ready to say I did not like Mari at all as of this film, because she comes off as Asuka minus the character development, mostly just there to do what Asuka would otherwise do without having all the trauma. However, her little speech to kick Shinji out of his pity-me loop at the end merits some respect, even if she is otherwise still pretty annoying to me.

She's still leaps and bounds ahead of Kaworu.

And while I'm not a fan of Shinji/Rei, I have to say this: Rei's new voice acting, while initially jarring, is actually pretty nice because it reflects the fact that this Rei is more human than the initial Rei. And I honestly found her attempts at humanity endearing, if only because I am a sucker for the defrosting ice queen trope in all its many forms.

As to speculation:
I'm of the opinion that the entire thing is one giant stable time-loop. In other words, the Second Impact that young Misato 1 witnessed was actually the same event as the one taking place during End of Evangelion. Or rather, at the time that End of Evangelion was happening, a young Misato 2 was witnessing what she would believe to be second impact. As evidence, I point to the fact that while the being of light Misato 1 witnessed looked like Unit 01, the beings shown in Misato 2's version of events looked like the Rei Ayanami clones implementing Instrumentality in EoE. Also, the sea in the show was blue, but in EoE it turns red/orange, like it is in ReBuild, and no 2nd Impact rings are shown on the world in EoE, but the ones in ReBuild resemble the ones from EoE completely.

This is literally as crazy as the Zelda Time Line at this point.

Yeah, Rebuild Shinji is way better than original Shinji. That much is clear.

As for the theories in spoilers, my thoughts are

I'd say it's currently unclear as to if it's a timeloop or what. There are a multitude of different options. They only thing that's clear is that this is a sequel to the original series spawning off of Shinji's actions in EoE. Now as for what's exactly going on, the way I see it are a combination of these few options.

Time Loop:Shinji at the end creates a looping time period where the world is continually destroyed and rebuilt, but with minor changes each time. Ultimately, each loop ends with Human Instrumentality beginning, the world melting, and Shinji rejecting and rebuilding anew. If that's the case, it's unclear how many times this has happened. Heck, maybe even the original series is part of a larger loop. What is clear is that this Shinji is taking substantially different actions and that may mean the loop will be broken after this iteration.

Shinji's subconscious: at the end of EoE, Shinji was able to rebuild the world as he saw fit, yet the only way he could rebuild it was by altering the memories of the people as they reformed from the primordial goo. The physical world is set. That's why we still see all the remnants of EoE. The only affect Shinji could have would be to change peoples memories and personalities. He even changed his own as well. As part of this reforming, everyone lost their previous memories so it's like the original series never happened.

Another thing that the movies have made clear is my original theory of post EoE was wrong. I originally believed that the people of the world would eventually rise out of the goo as exactly the same as they entered it. The world would continue forward after the tragic events of EoE, not reset. It seems I may be partially correct, but certainly it's not how I originally thought it.

Most likely the truth lies somewhere in-between, and will never be fully revealed. Eva's creators love trolling the audience, so they will likely deliberately leave no answer. It's part of the fun of that series.

NeonZ

They only thing that's clear is that this is a sequel to the original series spawning off of Shinji's actions in EoE. Now as for what's exactly going on, the way I see it are a combination of these few options.

I really, really don't see how that's "clear". Rebuild has done some visual allusions to the original series, but most of them (like the red sea) have received explanations that aren't tied to the events of the original series at all. Personally, I think that the official material isn't lying or hiding anything here. This is a new standalone story, not a sequel of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom