• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Next thing you are gonna tell me is that Macross Frontier is best Macross.

Macross Frontier is the best Macross tv series (Plus is obviously the best overall). Original series was honestly ass, DYRL was great. And well 7 is just total garbage.

But more importantly Sheryl Nome is the best Macross waifu. Misa is #2.

Dynedom

To qualify my original statement: I don't think there are a lot of original works by BONES that are great with the exception of Eureka 7 and RahXephon.

They seem to do better with adaptations. Maybe I'll just stick to those.

This almost certainly won't last.

Fool me thrice, shame on something something...

ZnTempest is an adaptation anyway.

Dynedom

I keep hearing about this, but still haven't watched it.

I'll keep note of it.

If you can give the series a chance and not just dismiss it as an Evangelion clone (you'll know what people are talking about when you start, trust me), it's a great series. I personally had to watch it twice to get everything but it's a re-watchable series.

Watch Wolf's Rain!

Haha, sorry. Forgot to respond to this. Sure will.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I think it might have been some more subtler signs. I think it was in episode 11 where they shrunk that Nao clinged to Reika a bit. Episode 25 at the beach had Nao and Akane facing off and eventually became Akane x Nao but to start with Reika was with Nao. Stuff like that maybe?

I personally kind of like them together just because they're my two favorites haha. (Yayoi is pretty great as well though) Some of the extra material might be helping with the shipping as well such as the opening to the 3DS game

Ultimate truth is that every Precure pairing ever has zero evidence supporting it, so just ship who you like.

Some just happen to feel more convincing and natural than others, but I've never felt that way about Nao x Reika. Nothing in common, no chemistry.

Yeah, but Oda's chapters in the later part of the series are jam packed with a lot more content than his earlier chapters. Compare the amount of text in an East Blue chapter to something more recent. That adds up a lot more than 2 pages, because those 17 pages have a lot more events happening than the 19 pages of Arlong Park do. It might only be a few chapters longer than Arlong Park, but so much more happens in those chapters plot wise. I have a hard time seeing them managing to cut that down to 2 hours without completely mangling it.

Just removing most of the superfluous scenes with the Whitebeard division captains would make Marineford doable in film format. There's a lot of content in that arc, but it's pretty cleanly divided between things that actually advance the narrative and things that don't.

But Cure Sunny is awful. Cure Beauty would make the perfect husbando for Cure March.

does not compute

Grzi

Time of Eve (Movie)

1Cu4M.jpg

I don't remember the details from the original ONA so I'm not sure what was added, but I do know I enjoyed this one more than I did the original (which I liked), so yeah, this was pretty great.
If you love coffee, you should watch this, it's just people drinking coffee and chilling with robots. Great stuff.

trejo

I wasn't aware that it was okay to openly discuss stuff like that without spoiler tags. That and stuff like the punching gif from My Little Monster some pages back make this place real unique when it comes to spoilers.

I love coming here, but the culture feels really different from the rest of GAF in that sense. Makes it like a fun minefield of sorts.

Well it's a preview so there isn't any spoiler or shit got real in it. But that punching gif from Tonari no Kaibutsu kun crosses that line and ruin it for me.

You guys should have just protected yourselves better if you didn't want to get spoiled. Now deal with it.

trejo

List of good Bones:

Angelic Layer
RahXephon
Wolf's Rain
Scrapped Princess
Full Metal Alchemist
Kurau Phantom Memory's first episode
Eureka Seven
Ouran High School Host Club
Select parts of Darker Than Black's first season
Skull Man (going by impressions)
Sword of the Stranger
Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Star Driver's first and last episodes

Blasty's scarce action scenes also qualify as good Bones but they've been so few and far between with lots of shit in the middle that I can't in good conscience give it a nod yet.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
This feels like I'm being baited but why do you think FLCL isn't good?

A bit late here, but:

To boil it down to it's barest essence, there was really nothing I enjoyed in FLCL apart from a few of the battles.

I didn't like the characters. I didn't like the vague elements of story that were present. The randomnity of the whole series didn't settle well with me. The creators themselves have said that they did it just for the sake of doing that, so it's not just me "not getting it". From the impressions I've seen of people who did enjoy FLCL, it generally was either that the entirely random occurances that are strewn throughout the show amused them/had some sort of meaning for them, or else they felt some sort of bond with growing up in a small town with nothing to do. That aspect of the show really annoyed me, though. The MC is always complaining about how there's nothing to do, yet all sorts of cool stuff goes on around him. Before people start jumping on me for how I just didn't get it, since that seems to be what usually happens in these cases, there's a difference between missing the point of it all, and realizing that the point isn't particularly interesting or worth my time. Same deal with stuff like Hyouka.

I'd certainly be interested to know why you like it, however!

cajunator

Banned
A bit late here, but:

To boil it down to it's barest essence, there was really nothing I enjoyed in FLCL apart from a few of the battles.

I didn't like the characters. I didn't like the vague elements of story that were present. The randomnity of the whole series didn't settle well with me. The creators themselves have said that they did it just for the sake of doing that, so it's not just me "not getting it". From the impressions I've seen of people who did enjoy FLCL, it generally was either that the entirely random occurances that are strewn throughout the show amused them/had some sort of meaning for them, or else they felt some sort of bond with growing up in a small town with nothing to do. That aspect of the show really annoyed me, though. The MC is always complaining about how there's nothing to do, yet all sorts of cool stuff goes on around him. Before people start jumping on me for how I just didn't get it, since that seems to be what usually happens in these cases, there's a difference between missing the point of it all, and realizing that the point isn't particularly interesting or worth my time. Same deal with stuff like Hyouka.

Im not a huge fan of FLCL either. It feels disjointed and was confusing to follow. I was entertained by it though.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Macross Frontier is the best Macross tv series (Plus is obviously the best overall). Original series was honestly ass, DYRL was great. And well 7 is just total garbage.

If you are blind.

MacF is too ugly to be called the best "anything" - plus everything it did the original macross did better. Objective fact.

Magi 7
tumblr_mdr6k8R8de1ruh2d9o3_500.png

Sinbad is an excellent character, that scene when we first saw was really good and memorable here. Also like the other characters, Jafar, Masur and even
Cassim?, hope he gets more screentime too
. Episode really wasnt as intense as past episode and left me hoping for a moment when itd take off but at the end I was pleased.
Finally Alibaba and Aladdin are reunited, its been so long since we even saw Alibaba.

When will we finally see more Magi? Ah and I like the series for its wide range of magic weapons, more, keeps it really fresh.

Risette

A Good Citizen
A bit late here, but:

Can you cite the creators and where they said that they made it just for the sake of doing what you said?

Uchip

Banned

+1 for the darkside list of wtf's

Articalys

Medaka Box Abnormal 7

For safety's sake I'll link to this week's screencap instead, since it was hard to find something that wasn't slightly spoilery.

Only another two chapters this time around, but with this they've re-established a perfect three-chapters-per-episode average so far. Looks like it's pacing itself just fine.

Anyway, a slower episode this week, as you've probably already figured out, so that means lots more talking. The good news is a lot of the focus is still on Naze.

Saint Seiya Omega 33

Wow really good episode with my favorite songs playing and good job to the characters involved
Koga with the initial destruction of Gemini Paradox then Ryuho getting all powered up after getting naked senseless, was cool. I liked how they do the eyes with that moment of when he is experiencing the seventh sense. Anyway really thrilling defeat.
. Antagonist had one of the better named attacks and it kind of looked good too
Final Destination

madp

The Light of El Cantare
[Hidamari Sketch] - Season One + Specials

SHAFT's secret best show.

Sure, right behind Natsu no Arashi!

I see. Can you procure a pirate hat, an eyepatch, a stuffed parrot and 5 gallons of K-Y on short notice?

Me poop deck be ready for swabbing, yar.

your gif is shit and you should feel bad for posting such garbage.

Easy there, cowboy. Weren't we polite to that altairax15 guy when he used to come in here with those 1fps FMA troll face gifs? It's not like a bad Boondocks gif is an unholy abomination in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom