• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Daitarn 3 9

Huh, tonal shift from the previous was retai---

ymr4nl.png

nope.

There's some strangeass Frankenstein story being told here. :lol @ examining banjo's memories just to see him pervin' on women and getting rejected hard.

Uccbr.png

Not even subtle.

DUosPl.png

Anime needs more of this.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think firehawk12 and SDBurton have been watching it since the beginning. I'm watching it as well, but I'll probably watch episode 3 tomorrow.
I was the first here, I think!

It's my #guiltypleasure (or #odanobuna) show of the season. But after episode 3, my mind is totally fucked.

It's like when I saw the super-SHAFTy episode of BakaTest 2 or the extremely arty normal-girl arc of TWGOK S2. I'm not sure if I'm giving the show too much credit for being good or if my expectations of haremshit are so low that I'm being easily impressed by something relatively standard by any other measure.

OceanBlue

It's my #guiltypleasure (or #odanobuna) show of the season. But after episode 3, my mind is totally fucked.

It's like when I saw the super-SHAFTy episode of BakaTest 2 or the extremely arty normal-girl arc of TWGOK S2. I'm not sure if I'm giving the show too much credit for being good or if my expectations of haremshit are so low that I'm being easily impressed by something relatively standard by any other measure.

I was watching it before it was popular :V.

Sakurasou was actually one of the series I was interested in since the beginning because I'm a fan of this type of cast dynamic and I like calling it the new Toradora even though it doesn't really have too much in common with Toradora. I don't think I was the first because I'm slow to watch shows as they come out though.

As for episode 3, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'll just attribute it to Okada Mari.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast

Man... Best Student Council really screwed you up. :lol

And labeling this #OdaNobuna is messed!

survivor

Banned

Huh, now I'm intrigued. Maybe I will check out the first 3 episodes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was watching it before it was popular :V.

Sakurasou was actually one of the series I was interested in since the beginning because I'm a fan of this type of cast dynamic and I like calling it the new Toradora even though it doesn't really have too much in common with Toradora. I don't think I was the first because I'm slow to watch shows as they come out though.

As for episode 3, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'll just attribute it to Okada Mari.
This show is an Okada-bot show? Fuck, I'm just going to assume it's all the source material then. :p

And to be fair, I just knew it was a harem when it popped up. I'm not sure why or how I pick which harems to watch though. As long as they don't air on a busy day, I suppose.

Man... Best Student Council really screwed you up. :lol

And labeling this #OdaNobuna is messed!
Given all that you watch, I still don't know why you dislike BSC. lol

Huh, now I'm intrigued. Maybe I will check out the first 3 episodes.
As I mention in my post, the first three episodes is basically the
Film arc from Hyouka
, which is just insane when I think about it. lol

I think you're interpreting my statement as much more critical than it's intended to be. If anything, it was an offhand lighthearted commentary on how I'd personally act in the same situation. Now, if I was actually making some kind of serious, substantial criticism of the show, "it's explained better in the novels" just can't be a sufficient explanation for any kind of logical or narrative discrepancy as the novels and the show are two entirely separate works and I can only judge the content of the show on its own merits, but I wasn't making any kind of actual criticism here.
I already had this said to me a few weeks ago .. but you can't put every explanationwhile adapting ..otherwise you'd to settle for load and lods of internal monologues so that you get the same amount of information as before..

That said i understand that you want to judge the anime on his own merits and that's why i said that the statement being absolute ( or implied as ) is enough of a clue.

Kind of a shame how he could have an arc with a pretty empowering message and then go back to what he usually does with women.

I think oda had a lots of things to show/explain and lots of ideas and couldn't do it fully .. i'm glad the anime salvaged some of them and made them cannon.
That said i'm pretty sure that theme will come back at some point with the same characters or with others ...
Oda doesn't forget after all and plans ahead

Emitan

Revolutionary Girl Utena 31

Not really surprised Red Hair and Nanami aren't related. They look nothing alike. I wonder if Nanami's love for her brother blinded her to this. I'm also very confused as to why this is upsetting to her unless she only loved her brother because he was her older brother and doesn't have a real love for him. Also amusing how the Himemiyas shocked her considering her incestuous love.

You make it sound way better than it is, though I guess my experience on the harem genre is limited so perhaps it is better than most of the others out there?

I dont know, I think its lacking in lots of moments, though it is visually appealing, the cats are nice, main character is nice, and the manga plot could be interesting if its explored more. Its just the pet girl is annoying...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You make it sound way better than it is, though I guess my experience on the harem genre is limited so perhaps it is better than most of the others out there?

I dont know, I think its lacking in lots of moments, though it is visually appealing, the cats are nice, main character is nice, and the manga plot could be interesting if its explored more. Its just the pet girl is annoying...
It's the writing of this particular arc that is impressive more than anything else. Well, I don't even know if it's impressive is my point I suppose. lol

The rest of the show is still generic harem, with the Kanna-girl being Kanna'ed right from the first episode and so forth. Mashiro herself is basically a magical girlfriend, except instead of being a witch of the underworld or a Cthulu or whatever, she's just a genius.

It was 26 episodes of nothin'!
Still better than Maria Holic S2!

fertygo

That Sakurasou show does have nice episode pacing, the content itself isn't any special (or even bad, as expected from LN adaptation)
But everything felt smooth in 20 minute, more credible poster should try to watch this so we can confirm this is Okada's effect or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom