• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Texhnolyze 15

wtffff

Soon.

FrNK7.png

Articalys

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 3

Thank god, another show where the plot doesn't get hung up on misunderstandings (well, except for from Misaki's POV for now) and actually moves things along. Also loved the different ending animation for this episode
. Really looking forward to where things go for now.

Man, you can tell that Yoshitsugu Matsuoka is having a hell of a fun time voicing Sorata.

Narag

Texhnolyze 16

That hospital scene was intense. God damn. Still not sure why this guy is taking over but damn if that isn't some escalation.

cajunator

Banned
Go back to your roots and rock Erio.

Watashi is a cutie, but I agree.
Envelope needs to bring Erio back.

Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo 3

Thank god, another show where the plot doesn't get hung up on misunderstandings (well, except for from Misaki's POV for now) and actually moves things along. Also loved the different ending animation for this episode
. Really looking forward to where things go for now.

Man, you can tell that Yoshitsugu Matsuoka is having a hell of a fun time voicing Sorata.

Ive seen two episodes and pretty much dislike Shiina for making the SAO characters look deep. However something about it keeps me watching.

fertygo

Ive seen two episodes and pretty much dislike Shiina for making the SAO characters look deep. However something about it keeps me watching.

Shiina the wish fulfillment device is much better than all SAO Chara combined, come on man.. Episode 3 prove that.

Narag

Texhnolyze 17

TExxM.png

Oh my god Hal noooooooo. Kimata nooooooooo. One guy texhnolyzed into being a Shape was fucking disturbing too.

Thoraxes

Jojo - 01-03

aWz8X.jpg
pYlsw.jpg

Now I understand the thread title.

Also, we are not deserving of this show. So manly, so gentlemanly, so fabulous.

The time period chosen is awesome, the art looks hot, and this show has got style.

Fuck. Yes.

cajunator

Banned
Jojo - 01-03

aWz8X.jpg
pYlsw.jpg

Now I understand the thread title.

Also, we are not deserving of this show. So manly, so gentlemanly, so fabulous.

The time period chosen is awesome, the art looks hot, and this show has got style.

Fuck. Yes.

This is why you are a wise and noble bear.

Texhnolyze 17

TExxM.png

Oh my god Hal noooooooo. Kimata nooooooooo. One guy texhnolyzed into being a Shape was fucking disturbing too.
The fight with Hal was so good. I was so sure Shinji was fucked.

You have done well, Narag, but the best is yet to come. Rest now, for you will need it.

cajunator

Banned
Got three episodes into Texhnolyze before putting it on hiatus.
Maybe I should stick with a few more episodes, because apparently it starts rolling.

Thoraxes

TWGOK/Kaminomi - Tenri OVA Part 1

QPn1d.jpg
KuwK5.jpg

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

The voices for Tenri and Diana are like perfect. They fit each girl SO GOOD!

It's also just warming to see the cast back again. As an avid reader of the manga, I was very pleased, and man, they were pretty good about following the manga. Nora and her buddy were as hilarious as I expected them to be, and the
Yokkyun death scene is still hilarious,
but with Hiro Shimono's delivery of Keima's lines, the hilarity comes off even more.

So good all around, and I appreciated the teasing of Nanaka, Tsukiyo, and Minami in the game store.

PS: Dat Nora body.

cajunator

Banned

QPn1d.jpg
KuwK5.jpg

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

It's also just warming to see the cast back again. As an avid reader of the manga, I was very pleased, and man, they were pretty good about following the manga. Nora and her buddy were as hilarious as I expected them to be, and the
but with Hiro Shimono's delivery of Keima's lines, the hilarity comes off even more.

So good all around, and I appreciated the teasing of Nanaka, Tsukiyo, and Minami in the game store.

!
I was not aware of a TWGOK OVA!
When did this little miracle occur?

Soma

Sword Of The Stranger

That was great. Haven't seen an excellent samurai anime film like that since Trust and Betrayal.

The story was pretty straightforward though not bad at all. The two main characters, Koutarou and Nanashi had good development between each other as the film progressed. It's slightly unfortunate that pretty much every other character besides Rarou didn't get fleshed out because there seemed to be some interesting members in the Ming group. Though that most likely would've required a short series or something. I did find some of the dialogue between the Chinese militia and the Japanese group pretty interesting since that's something that's not touched upon a whole lot in anime. Overall I liked the pacing of the film. Everything flowed nicely and the build up to the final scene was excellent.

The film was beautiful. I absolutely loved the water painted landscapes that provided the backdrop to many scenes. They really nailed that feeling of winter in feudal Japan. I noticed a few awkward CG stuff (that vertical panning of the tower in particular) that looked a bit weird in implementation but can't say it bothered me a whole lot. The fight scenes were great and the final fight just may be one of the best animated fight scenes I've seen in a long time. Excellent choreography with a rousing soundtrack that matched every important moment. There's not a whole lot more to say honestly. I liked it a lot and probably gonna re-watch a lot of those scenes in the near future.

duckroll

Who would be the competition?

Maybe Watanabe if he starts doing action again.

We'll see in a year or two. Watanabe hasn't done anything for ages, before he came back with Kids on the Slope. Since he wants to regularly do a series a year now, it might be comparable if he actually does an action series or film again.

There's a lot of "competition" if we're talking about directors who do a lot of action (Kamiyama, Imaishi, Mizushima, Akane, etc) but they're just not very good competition. Before Ando came along, I'll definitely say Watanabe was the top of the game in terms of being an all round action director who really understands film making foundations and applies them in a classical way to create well thought out and very impressive action sequences. Kamiyama is probably the closest in the respect.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

http://i.imgur.com/QPn1d.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/KuwK5.jpg

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

Tenri seems to be a boring version of Library Girl though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom