• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Given the marketing material for Q, I'm not sure how they're going to fit in anything but KaworuxShinji.
My guess, Unit 01 goes crazy, tries to absorb all of humanity, Kaworu descends to Tokyo-3 from the moon in his EVA, then penetrates Shinji with his Lance of Longinus.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The second weakest link of the original series (the first being the ending) was Kaworu being given only one episode to seduce Shinji.

Now that he'll get 2 whole hours, I couldn't be happier.
I don't like lists because I'm never on them.
Numbah one on my LitMangoAnimuGAF list.

wonzo

Banned
Yamato 2199 4
yamato21994.jpg
yamato21994a.jpg

Hmm, can't really say I was felling this episode. It was nice and all that firing the EWG has its reprocussions but everything else was kinda lacking.
I saw the twist that the ship was Kodai's older brothers coming a mile away
and the CG was kinda awkward looking for the battle scenes. Next episode looks great though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Top "Recent" Acquisitions by the AnimeGAF Jewish Illuminati:

0. Nafe
1. Tomat
2. chickdigger
3. Joe Molotov
4/100. Porcelain Thrill
5. that bundle of self-loathing we know & love (?) as Maedhros
6. ...wait, what?
∞. Novid

Top 5 Posters Who Should Read Grant Morrison's Run On Doom Patrol Since They Want To Be Coerced and/or Listed But Only If They Can Stand Dirty English Because It's Like The Best Comic Ever:

1. Dresden
2. Dresden
3. Dresden
4. Trejo
5. Dresden
lol
Nafe really is the best.

Jex

Yamato 2199 4

Hmm, can't really say I was felling this episode. It was nice and all that firing the EWG has its reprocussions but everything else was kinda lacking.
I saw the twist that the ship was Kodai's older brothers coming a mile away
and the CG was kinda awkward looking for the battle scenes. Next episode looks great though.
Just a query as a 'fan' of the original series, does the robot still try to feel up Yuki or have they excised that tasteless and illogical fanservice from the latest work?

Narag

Texhnolyze 13

I54wsl.png

wqd21l.png

XNQgUl.png

Guess it wouldn't be Texnolyze without this.

Uhhh I didn't expect that to be how Onishi lost his legs. I wish I could remember the MC's name too. It's not used a lot to begin with but it's like some gap in my memory I cannot fill no matter how hard I try.

hhhmIl.png

Can't unsee a young Cotton Hill.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
the side characters were quite forgettable in Gurren Lagann
the main characters were great though (apart from nia)

I thought that it had one of the most colorful and likable supporting casts in recent memory.

Ezalc

I don't like lists because I'm never on them.
You're on the list of posters who are never on lists.
Top "Recent" Acquisitions by the AnimeGAF Jewish Illuminati:

0. Nafe
1. Tomat
2. chickdigger
3. Joe Molotov
4/100. Porcelain Thrill
5. that bundle of self-loathing we know & love (?) as Maedhros
6. ...wait, what?
∞. Novid

Top 5 Posters Who Should Read Grant Morrison's Run On Doom Patrol Since They Want To Be Coerced and/or Listed But Only If They Can Stand Dirty English Because It's Like The Best Comic Ever:

1. Dresden
2. Dresden
3. Dresden
4. Trejo
5. Dresden

Now that's what I'm talking about!

too bad she got shafted in the second half

I'd shaft her if you know what I mean.

Uchip

Banned
I thought that it had one of the most colorful and likable supporting casts in recent memory.

recent? that was what, 5 years ago? poor anime and its neglected supporting casts :(

I wish I could forget Rossiu.

Kittan, Lordgenome, and Adiane were pretty great though.

I forget the names of the other side characters.

is kittan the obnoxious guy with the sisters? because I dont remember
Lordgenome wasnt really a side character
who is adiane?

Texhnolyze 13

Uhhh I didn't expect that to be how Onishi lost his legs. I wish I could remember the MC's name too. It's not used a lot to begin with but it's like some gap in my memory I cannot fill no matter how hard I try.
Ichise. His eye is itchy and he doesn't say much.

Also, super happy you're continuing it. Hopefully it doesn't let you down!

the side characters were quite forgettable in Gurren Lagann
the main characters were great though (apart from nia)
I'll never forget how terrible that dude who moved in on Kamina's turf was. Fuck that guy.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
If by salvaged you mean she Mary Sued everything up.

Calling her a Mary Sue implies negative things, so I wouldn't do that. But if we simply take it to mean "somone who is perfect/has no "bad" qualities" or something along those lines, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

duckroll

Calling her a Mary Sue implies negative things, so I wouldn't do that. But if we simply take it to mean "somone who is perfect/has no "bad" qualities" or something along those lines, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Nia is a pretty negative element in Gurren Lagann. Lol.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
recent? that was what, 5 years ago? poor anime and its neglected supporting casts :(

Well, for a medium that's existed for several decades, five years is a perfectly reasonable time frame for comparing "the recent best" in virtually any category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom