• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the story was interesting up to a certain episode,
up till they talked about the universe, how energy is needed and how people are just disposable
, I like the artstyle, the way the barriers and witches are displayed. It looks very pretty.

I'm surprised how literally people take the expenation.
There is a circle of hope and despair and Kyubey's race benefit from it - he even said that all the magic stuff is illogical and inexplicable, that's the point.

Jex

The OP is the best thing to come out of this season. It's simply the best thing ever.

Well I wouldn't say it's the best thing to come out of this season it's certainly the manliest OP since, I dunno, Shin Mazinger Shogeki! Z Hen. Note: any 'real' OP will include the title of the show within the lyrics of the OP. That's how you know it's good.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Well, well... I'm sorry but I also have a pride! I can compromise to check (just for you) a compilation of the best (?) dance scenes on YouTube once the series ends. Good enough?

Yeah, alright. As long as you put more CG in your life!

cajunator

Banned
NIS America needs to put up that preorder for Denpa already. I want to use my discount.

WHat do you mean? I preordered the show yesterday. Its available to preorder now.
Or does NISA have some special promotion?

I'm surprised how literally people take the expenation.
There is a circle of hope and despair and Kyubey's race benefit from it - he even said that all the magic stuff is illogical and inexplicable, that's the point.

That's pretty much what I took from it.
Its a shaky explanation but then so is the actual existence of magic. That really wasn't the point though. the point was that
the girls are basically an exploitable energy source

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Man I had a fucked up dream last night about some non-existent show. It was like time travel with Psyho-Pass. There were two MCs who went back in time to kill someone, shit happens, they killed some other people, and finally killed each other.

Would watch :D

My Little Monster 1
TlZNi.jpg

Love is in the air.
People really like this show? Billiechu wouldn't shut up about it. You see this Billie? I watched the first episode. You can stop hounding me.
I guess it was ok.
ScflC.jpg

Is there any other way?

Emitan

My Little Monster 1

People really like this show? Billiechu wouldn't shut up about it. You see this Billie? I watched the first episode. You can stop hounding me.
I guess it was ok.

You have to at least watch episode 2. If you still don't like it then you can stop.

Jex

My Little Monster 1

I guess it was ok.

It's not all about Haru threatening to rape people. Also, those images are 1920 x 1080 dude!

duckroll

Man I had a fucked up dream last night about some non-existent show. It was like time travel with Psyho-Pass. There were two MCs who went back in time to kill someone, shit happens, they killed some other people, and finally killed each other.

Sounds like you watched the anime adaptation of Urobuchi's Gunslinger Stratos arcade game. Maybe this is a vision from the future. Do you remember which studio animated it? We might have a scoop from your dream!

Gunslinger Stratos is about a future Japan where there are two possible futures, and each future has become its own dimensional reality. Knowing that ultimately only one can actually exist, both futures send a team of operatives back to present day to ensure that their future happens, of course the operatives are the same people... just based on completely different future worlds. So it's about the same people (except slightly different!) trying to kill each other in present day Japan.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Sounds like you watched the anime adaptation of Urobuchi's Gunslinger Stratos arcade game. Maybe this is a vision from the future. Do you remember which studio animated it? We might have a scoop from your dream!

Gunslinger Stratos is about a future Japan where there are two possible futures, and each future has become its own dimensional reality. Knowing that ultimately only one can actually exist, both futures send a team of operatives back to present day to ensure that their future happens, of course the operatives are the same people... just based on completely different future worlds. So it's about the same people (except slightly different!) trying to kill each other in present day Japan.
I'm no good with the specifics, but it sounds interesting!

cajunator

Banned

I would watch this.
Especially since it would combine the names of a very good anime with a very bad one.

Dresden

Time travel plots are cool when they set up lots of potential gore and explosions. I hope they sit down and chat in a diner at some point.

$5 and I also want to see what the preorder bonus is going to be.

I am still waiting to see what the pre-order bonus is for Serial Experiments Lain. I already know there is artbook and remastering booklet, but nothing has been mentioned about the free gift with purchase.

Oh, and FUNi has also pushed back the release date of Lain to November 27, so there is a two week delay from its original street date.

/XX/

I feel like the highlight of this movie was conveniently shadowed Kaoru dick.

Alright, I guess this is okay... so far. Shinji is still a fuckhead, Asuka now just craves the dick, but Rei is super moe so I guess that balances out.

Ending: What the hell maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!?
Asuka has always just craved the dick.
Or actually has one, like in the image from Master Milk's current avatar...

the side characters were quite forgettable in Gurren Lagann
the main characters were great though (apart from nia)
Attenborough!
Yeah! Even background characters like Bruce Ironstaunch were cool:

BRUCE IRONSTAUNCH by ~Rubber-Soul on deviantART
http://rubber-soul.deviantart.com/art/BRUCE-IRONSTAUNCH-62093168

Yeah, alright. As long as you put more CG in your life!
Don't worry, with Evangelion: 3.0 I'll have enough CG seen to last me a lifetime!

cajunator

Banned
Also, I'm more wary now about ordering DVD sets unless its something like Croisee and Detroit Metal city which are unlikely to ever get bluray releases.
However I held out for Mayo Chiki and the fucking DVD set is sold out already. I was kind of pissed about that.

Geneijin

Tomat is the Looper

mAcOdIn

Jarmel

Banned
Hey, it worked for Bioshock!

Bioshock really is an exception as the whole point of the game was to satire those types of games.

I thought the story was interesting up to a certain episode,
up till they talked about the universe, how energy is needed and how people are just disposable
, I like the artstyle, the way the barriers and witches are displayed. It looks very pretty.

I was actually fine with this despite knowing scientifically how full of bullshit it was. It allows some sort of grey area for Kyubey other than making him a troll that likes to see people suffer. It also adds a Utilitarian argument to the show something Genbutch likes.

cajunator

Banned
Oh shit Baka to Test 2 got licensed? I NEED.
BTT is such a fun show.
Nobody here seems to watch it though :(
Not that theres a lot to discuss about it.

That is a bit annoying seeing as I just specifically ordered stuff the other day based on release dates and now its going to skew the deliveries.

That's how I felt when I ordered the BD of Heaven's Lost Property: Forte. Have another eight months or more to wait.

Oh shit Baka to Test 2 got licensed? I NEED.
BTT is such a fun show.
Nobody here seems to watch it though :(
Not that theres a lot to discuss about it.

Going to hold off until a season one/two pack, just like Spice and Wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom