• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So is the main reason why we don't get BDs to fight reverse importing or does Japan just want us to suffer?
They probably want everyone to just buy at Japanese prices. I'm surprised they don't just put CR's subs on their DVDs and then just force people to buy direct from Japan at this point.

survivor

Banned
Kamisama Kiss 4
kE2Ut.jpg

This is the sort of stories I signed up for when I started watching the anime. Even though it was sort of obvious that
Yonomori was either dead or missing, I still liked the reveal near the end. Oh and I'm still amused by how these shoujo always use attempted rape as a convenient plot device to have the hero come and save the girl.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Gintama 167

Of course Gin loves the old classic dungeon crawlers.

Hopefully they go all out on this RPG spoof.

It was screenshots from this episode that got me to watch Gintama. Yes, it took a long time to finally hit the episode I was looking forward to.

cajunator

Banned
No, don't do it! I would never seriously ask that of you. My temptations are only meant for people who have demonstrated that rolling around in the mud pit of masochism is a perverse source of fun, and you, /XX/, are meant for far classier forms of appreciation and discourse. I take comfort in your seeming immunity to AnimeGAF "culture", and if I ever dragged you down from that, I could never forgive myself!

By saying this you are insinuating that AnimeGaf culture is bad or something. Whats wrong with it? It has been a lot of fun. Watching bad shows is a lot of fun too especially. Watching only good shows is actually pretty fucking boring.
Also lol at anime being classy to begin with.

So is the main reason why we don't get BDs to fight reverse importing or does Japan just want us to suffer?

Pretty much to prevent reverse importation because Japan relies heavily on domestic sales and they are starting to slide with Japanese buying american releases.

/XX/

No, don't do it! I would never seriously ask that of you. My temptations are only meant for people who have demonstrated that rolling around in the mud pit of masochism is a perverse source of fun, and you, /XX/, are meant for far classier forms of appreciation and discourse. I take comfort in your seeming immunity to AnimeGAF "culture", and if I ever dragged you down from that, I could never forgive myself!
I'm honored by the image you have of me, thanks! Well, this is a two-way agreement, if you refuse to do your part I will as well...

... so, will you watch Tekyū? All depends on your decision.

Yeah. While you're hatewatching, it's recommended that you unload all the negative emotions you're feeling into a post right after every episode. That's because you don't want to drown in them.

Screencaps are also usually part of the deal because through them you're able to make everyone in the thread suffer with you, and that's how we bond.
You didn't even try to stop me like Mad Pierrot, man... you want me to suffer!

... But yeah, I think I agree with the Pierrot here. Maybe you should leave the self-loathing for us masochistic peasants.
And now you made me feel bad for all the comrades here. You are cruel, Brazil!

Because Madoka
exists in a huge number of timelines due to Homura's time travelling, so her cumulative power is enormous.
Also,
Kyubey has multiple spares as you know, so locking one up will probably just present another, although Im not sure if he has to be dead to replicate

7/10 I definitely don't agree with.

That's because it has to do with karmic importance or the significance of the individual on a grand scale. For Madoka, multiple timelines were created because of her and so therefore her importance was shot up. It doesn't matter what Homura's intentions were in regards to Madoka, it was merely the act of Madoka being the center of attention for someone to spawn multiple timelines. As for Kyubey, Homura's power was a side-effect, presumably something he didn't foresee. Even then it worked to his advantage so I doubt he cared, it was only when Madoka tripped him up that it only became an issue for him. Kyubey isn't all knowing. As for why Homura couldn't just lock Kyubey up, it's possible he could jump bodies if need be or kill himself in captivity. They stated that there is more than one Incubator.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Well, I don't like how she turned out to be the most important character in the end, when she was so insignficant and refused to fight. I had my doubts about it, why she was so insignificant (in helping out with the fights)throughout the series. Well, it was a cool show, outside the cosmic universe aspect of it.

Still upset how the bluray release of Persona 4 was handled.

If you mean English dub only, I am pretty sure Kurokami had the same problem when released by Bandai. I for one enjoy watching both the sub and dub of the anime I own, so I would rather take a delayed release or locked subtitles over a dub-only release.

Thoraxes

Tenri seems to be a boring version of Library Girl though...
She's the childhood friend.
And Keima goes through what makes the childhood friend role so significant by explaining his detailed definition of flags to give them birth to a route. It's good stuff.
Was it tricky getting a screenshot of the one frame the GameGears were powered on?
Ohohohohohoho

It took me 10 seconds, but I laughed good

Is this a 2 part oav , right ?..earing they did a good job with this arc makes me happy
(proud follower of the manga ) DAT TRIPLE GAMEGEAR combo ..

From what i've read, it should be. I also just can't imagine them cutting it short like this. Especially given what it would start to set up.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
And Keima goes through what makes the childhood friend role so significant by explaining his detailed definition of flags to give them birth to a route. It's good stuff.
Ohohohohohoho

It took me 10 seconds, but I laughed good

From what i've read, it should be. I also just can't imagine them cutting it short like this. Especially given what it would start to set up.

Season 3 announcement at the end of the second OVA

BELIEVE

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm honored by the image you have of me, thanks! Well, this is a two-way agreement, if you refuse to do your part I will as well...

Well, I am Gan Ning.

But don't feel bad. We clearly enjoy everything we do. Hell, I even enjoyed Yami... In a twisted way.

Thoraxes

I'm glad to see more and more bros are starting to watch JoJo. It's pure anime bliss.
Hell yes. It just has everything I love, and I am a sucker for style.

BELIEVE

If they give me more trolling in the credits, I will pray to the anime gods for it to happen. All the best girls are left, and 3 of the girls they could totally do in one episode each (as their chapters were shorter anyways).

7Th

@Aikatsu 3
Blue is still super-gay.
aaBpvl.jpg

y1Ldjl.jpg

@Saint Seiya Omega 29
Why do we need main characters other than Kouga and Yuna? Did the trio of extras even have a single line of dialogue this episode? The show would definitely work better without filler characters like Souma or Haruto, it completely ignores them most of the time already.

If you mean English dub only, I am pretty sure Kurokami had the same problem when released by Bandai. I for one enjoy watching both the sub and dub of the anime I own, so I would rather take a delayed release or locked subtitles over a dub-only release.

Well the second set, the blu ray for persona is missing all the bonus features that the dvd has in addition to being dub only, if I remember the listing correctly.

cajunator

Banned

Its not so much we want you to suffer. I honestly feel that watching some bad stuff can make you better appreciate the really good stuff, as it gives you something to compare to.
Not to mention that a lot of the bad stuff actually provides extremely high entertainment value. Its ok to enjoy the good stuff, since I do as well, but that would be missing out on a vast, vast amount of the anime world.

BELIEVE

Man I wish. TWGOK is a great series and still can potentially go a lot of places with the material. Both seasons were equally great.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
By saying this you are insinuating that AnimeGaf culture is bad or something. Whats wrong with it? It has been a lot of fun. Watching bad shows is a lot of fun too especially. Watching only good shows is actually pretty fucking boring.

Why would the guy with the Happy Science tag suddenly turn on our tradition of watching things that defy description as "good" and "bad"? I'm not condemning anything, only acknowledging that it's perfectly fine not to engage in any of the usual AnimeGAF horseplay. We need people like /XX/ who exclusively make thoughtful, informative posts and can rein in the tone of the thread when it tilts too far in the direction of hatewatch/sufferwatch/etc grandstanding.

Also lol at anime being classy to begin with.

Wait, what? Where did this come from? I find it difficult to believe that you actually mean this.

Well, since it's come to this to divert you from this suicidal course: nope, nada, never on Teekyuu!

cajunator

Banned
Why would the guy with the Happy Science tag suddenly turn on our tradition of watching things that defy description as "good" and "bad"? I'm not condemning anything, only acknowledging that it's perfectly fine not to engage in any of the usual AnimeGAF horseplay. We need people like /XX/ who exclusively make thoughtful, informative posts and can rein in the tone of the thread when it tilts too far in the direction of hatewatch/sufferwatch/etc grandstanding.

Wait, what? Where did this come from? I find it difficult to believe that you actually mean this.

Ive seen way too much anime to ever consider it a classy medium. There are a handful of shows that might fit that description but anime is certainly not at all.
It is what it is. Trying to make it into something it is not is kinda silly.

Ultimadrago

Who are you quoting?

Amir0x'd!

Feels bad, man.

Here, here.
At the very least, I greatly appreciate that type of consistent input.

Though a part of me still wants /XX/ to review CG Heidi!

jbug617

Banned
Ginga E Kickoff 24

The whole episode about
blind soccer was good. It showed how Shou is a great leader (even he has the most annoying voice ever).
Looks like we get our 2 new players in the next episode.

mAcOdIn

No one should be buying Kurokami or the Persona animes anyways, these companies are trying to make it as unappealing as possible to try and curb you from wasting your money and you bite their hand for it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ive seen way too much anime to ever consider it a classy medium. There are a handful of shows that might fit that description but anime is certainly not at all.
It is what it is. Trying to make it into something it is not is kinda silly.

Well, no medium is inherently classy or déclassé. I was simply remarking that our friend /XX/ has an appreciation of the medium that strongly tends toward works with artistic and critical merit, of which there are still undeniably many in spite of the aggregate "image" of the industry's output.

/XX/

Well, I am Gan Ning.

But don't feel bad. We clearly enjoy everything we do. Hell, I even enjoyed Yami... In a twisted way.
And you just remind me I'm not on that list... WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU TO TREAT ME LIKE THIS?

A veces hay que ensuciarse un poco las manos por el bien común, mi estimado /XX/!
Bueeeeno, lo haré. No tengo elección si me lo dices de esa manera, compañero...

Its not so much we want you to suffer. I honestly feel that watching some bad stuff can make you better appreciate the really good stuff, as it gives you something to compare to.
Not to mention that a lot of the bad stuff actually provides extremely high entertainment value. Its ok to enjoy the good stuff, since I do as well, but that would be missing out on a vast, vast amount of the anime world.
True. This is all tongue-in-cheek so don't worry, I'll watch it anyway as a proud member of this community.

Hey! Can I copy-paste these for mine?

Well, since it's come to this to divert you from this suicidal course: nope, nada, never on Teekyuu!
Thanks, but too late now. It is a pact made with more people, so wish me luck!

That's quite harsh if the bonus content builds upon the actual plot to the series.

Ah there it was
Special Features (DVD): Person 4's Mr. Experiment; The Unlucky Ninja, Mr. Experiment; The Unlucky Gentleman, Mr. Experiment; The Unlucky Ninja, Mr. Experiment ~ Final Episode; The Unlucky Ninja, Experiment Girl; A Brief lesson on Izanagi & Izanami; Japanese promos & TV Spots; Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

Special Features (Blu-ray): Clean Opening Animation; Clean Closing Animation

cajunator

Banned
Well, no medium is inherently classy or déclassé. I was simply remarking that our friend /XX/ has an appreciation of the medium that strongly tends toward works with artistic and critical merit, of which there are still undeniably many in spite of the aggregate "image" of the industry's output.

While thats true, anime has devolved into a decided unclassy medium. Like I said there are select few shows that will always be works of art and director visions, but most of it, the vast majority, is pretty insipid stuff when it comes down to it.

And you just remind me I'm not on that list... WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU TO TREAT ME LIKE THIS?

True. This is all tongue-in-cheek so don't worry, I'll watch it anyway as a proud member of this community.

Hey! Can I copy-paste these for mine?

Thanks, but too late now. It is a pact made with more people, so wish me luck!

Please don't feel obligated to watch bad anime. If its not of interest to you, you dont have to.
I'm just saying its REALLY fun is all.

cajunator

Banned
Also, despite all the talks of "masochism" and "hatewatch", I really think that if people did not in fact enjoy what they are watching in some small way, they wouldn't bother at all. If you are hate watching something, you still like it to a degree. The shows people truly hate are not even discussed or given the time of day. These are shows that show up in the OP but get absolutely no discussion time whatsoever. Those are the true failures.

trejo

You really really don't have to do it if you don't want to. I'm just messing around anyway, no way I would ever bother with that shit myself.

What I'm trying to say here is that I don't need your blood on my hands, okay?!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Also, despite all the talks of "masochism" and "hatewatch", I really think that if people did not in fact enjoy what they are watching in some small way, they wouldn't bother at all. If you are hate watching something, you still like it to a degree. The shows people truly hate are not even discussed or given the time of day. These are shows that show up in the OP but get absolutely no discussion time whatsoever. Those are the true failures.

There are people out there like myself who simply hate not finishing things they have started.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to

I will disagree slightly. I basically dropped Fate/Zero after episode 3 and my eventual desire to continue it was largely attributed to feeling left out of the party, slogging through it in the hopes that maybe, eventually, something would click with me and then I would be able to join in on the fun everyone is having.

I kept watching, but after a point I simply stopped posting impressions because I didn't want to be scene as trolling for attention or just being a hater. :-/

/XX/

Though a part of me still wants /XX/ to review CG Heidi!
That would destroy nostalgic good memories and all! It is on its own level; maximum 'hatewatch'.

Please don't feel obligated to watch bad anime. If its not of interest to you, you dont have to.
I'm just saying its REALLY fun is all.
I'm convinced, man.

I have no idea why I'm actively listening to Furi Kuri's OST.
Soon you'll say the same of FLCL itself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom