• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You mean you get to watch obliged 2-to-3 inoffensive minutes of 'yuri' antics per episode while I have to endure a whole (full-lenght episodes) 'cour' of THAT? You find that FAIR?

I merely propose deals. It's up to others to determine whether or not they're worth agreeing to!

cajunator

Banned
That's how I felt when I ordered the BD of Heaven's Lost Property: Forte. Have another eight months or more to wait.

Going to hold off until a season one/two pack, just like Spice and Wolf.

Wait...WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE, WHAT?
Damn it I have a DVD version. they released the original series on bluray then followed up with a DVD only version of forte. you mean they are rereleasing it on bluray? fuck Im really getting angry at companies.

Damn it I have a DVD version. they released the original series on bluray then followed up with a DVD only version of forte. you mean they are rereleasing it on bluray? fuck Im really getting angry at companies.

You probably should just wait for now on for any funimation dvd only releases, unless they say they dont play a blu ray ever.

cajunator

Banned
You probably should just wait for now on for any funimation dvd only releases, unless they say they dont play a blu ray ever.

Even when they say they wont put out a bluray version they fucking lie and do later on. I dont trust them anymore.
So fucking mad.

Says Availability: "We'll get it for you!"

cajunator

Banned
I'm kind of getting stuck with DVD versions of stuff later replaced with bluray because of this shit. Thinking of selling off some of it possibly to make more room for stuff (and so its not just wasted $$$)

Gintama 167

ad75V.jpg

Of course Gin loves the old classic dungeon crawlers.

Hopefully they go all out on this RPG spoof.

cajunator

Banned
I liked season one, second season was a lot weaker though.

Is it? I haven't seen it, but I took a chance on Sora no Otoshimono Forte after loving the hell out of season one and that was rewarding. Was hoping BTT2 would be the same way. how is it weaker? Its not really a "strong" kind of show to begin with. Is it not as funny?

Steroyd

Is it? I haven't seen it, but I took a chance on Sora no Otoshimono Forte after loving the hell out of season one and that was rewarding. Was hoping BTT2 would be the same way. how is it weaker? Its not really a "strong" kind of show to begin with. Is it not as funny?

The first half of season 2 is basically retreading the exact same jokes as season 1, the second half of season 2 tried to do some half assed genre change into something a little more serious... I think.

I know I was dissapointed overall with season 2.

Season 2 subbed is on Hulu.

cajunator

Banned
Gonna skip the whole 4K thing. I am still not even sold on the improvements that bluray has visually over DVD. The main reason as I have said before to upgrade to Bluray for me is durability of discs. much less destructible collection.

Dresden

It doesn't look like he answered all that many questions.

Still, thing needs 5 grand to meet its goal at the moment.

He answered the really important ones though.

q. I love giant robots. Do you think you would ever make a giant robot anime?

a. I'm sure I will. I grew up with Mazinger Z (Tranzor Z in the US), so I also like giant robots.

cajunator

Banned
The first half of season 2 is basically retreading the exact same jokes as season 1, the second half of season 2 tried to do some half assed genre change into something a little more serious... I think.

I know I was dissapointed overall with season 2.

That does seem kind of lame.
If there's one thing BTT does not need to be, its serious.

Heaven's Lost Property: Forte was the first of many Kadokawa titles the FUNi was able to release DVD only. The Blu-ray was bound to be released, but only when Kadokawa allowed I assume. The original street date for the HLP:F Blu-ray was December 18, 2012, but has since been pushed back to June 25, 2013 due to Japan's Blu-ray box coming in January.

If you still have the support to purchase the Blu-ray here's the link, but it may turn out to be another Strike Witches 2... http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/QApDhgtfzkybvuqMUU/browse/item/96388/4/6741/84

Ah, well, I had a problem with that exact speech (as did a few other people) but that's because I felt
that basically the whole explanation was complete unnecessary and they could have left it ambiguous. Sometimes it's best not fill out all the blanks.

Might I add the
time travel thing, she has done the exact same thing over and over again to prevent catastrophe from happening, in the end Madoka got very powerful. Homura only wished to relive the moments with Madoka, not to repeat it over and over again. In the end this process was limited, how did Madoka store so much energy to create a new universe? And how can Kyubey, that has the power to grant wishes, not have seen Homura traveling through time. Why couldn't Homura just take Kyubey and lock him up so he couldn't contact Madoka, rather than killing him and spawn and do his thang?

Magi Madoka 12 fin

Pretty visuals and some cool characters, unfortunatly the story has plotholes and doesn't make much sense.

I feel generous today, so I'll give it a 7/10

mAcOdIn

Ehh, you know, perhaps my taste isn't the best to try and critique the type of show because it's generally not the type I'd like but....

I found season two uninspired and boring. Half of the fun in season was was when they were introducing a character, that of course is gone in season two. Then the other half of the fun was with them setting everything up and that's gone in season two. So in the first season you had some amusing gags with Shouko, the amusing gags with Yoshii's sister, the amusing gag with Shimada's stalker girl, none of these are like high brow comedy or anything super brilliant but they work well enough the first time, once season two swung around it really had nothing new at all to add, nothing changed in anyone's relationship, no new characters were really introduced it was just more of the same but tempered by the fact it was now old hat. Only real new addition to the dynamic was a male character attracted to Yoshii and, honestly I can't remember anything else. It just wasn't memorable in any way, I can remember lots of shit from season one almost nothing from season two.

Keep in mind though that this isn't a new thing for me, I felt the same way about Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei where I felt it was at it's strongest when it was making new character introductions and once the whole cast had settled in and it switched from that angle into what's essentially a harem holding pattern it became more boring to me. Bakatest season two's the same thing, if you get a kick out of the same guy calling the same girl flat over and over again then you'll love it but to me the same gag over and over wore itself pretty damn thin. Curse of the harem structure I suppose, it's essentially doomed to stay stuck where it's at until it gets cancelled and even then that depends on the benevolence of the author as to whether it ever has a real ending or they end it in a manner that suggests it goes on as is for all of eternity.

cajunator

Banned
Heaven's Lost Property: Forte was the first of many Kadokawa titles the FUNi was able to release DVD only. The Blu-ray was bound to be released, but only when Kadokawa allowed I assume. The original street date for the HLP:F Blu-ray was December 18, 2012, but has since been pushed back to June 25, 2013 due to Japan's Blu-ray box coming in January.

If you still have the support to purchase the Blu-ray here's the link, but it may turn out to be another Strike Witches 2... http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/QApDhgtfzkybvuqMUU/browse/item/96388/4/6741/84

FUCK THIS SHIT.

Might I add the
time travel thing, she has done the exact same thing over and over again to prevent catastrophe from happening, in the end Madoka got very powerful. Homura only wished to relive the moments with Madoka, not to repeat it over and over again. In the end this process was limited, how did Madoka store so much energy to create a new universe? And how can Kyubey, that has the power to grant wishes, not have seen Homura traveling through time. Why couldn't Homura just take Kyubey and lock him up so he couldn't contact Madoka, rather than killing him and spawn and do his thang?

Magi Madoka 12 fin

Pretty visuals and some cool characters, unfortunatly the story has plotholes and doesn't make much sense.

I feel generous today, so I'll give it a 7/10

Because Madoka
exists in a huge number of timelines due to Homura's time travelling, so her cumulative power is enormous.
Also,
Kyubey has multiple spares as you know, so locking one up will probably just present another, although Im not sure if he has to be dead to replicate

7/10 I definitely don't agree with.

/XX/

I merely propose deals. It's up to others to determine whether or not they're worth agreeing to!
You know what? I accept! Just for you and Brazil.

What are the terms? Do I have to post a review for each episode? I'm not accustomed to. I usually leave this kind of organized and individualized reviews to those that can articulate themselves better in English, and then I drop some particular thoughts about it myself for some shows.

I suppose that with this I have to take screenshots as well to demonstrate I'm really watching this, right? The temptation of faking some impressions is big... very big, but I'll complete the task!

cajunator

Banned
Ehh, you know, perhaps my taste isn't the best to try and critique the type of show because it's generally not the type I'd like but....

I found season two uninspired and boring. Half of the fun in season was was when they were introducing a character, that of course is gone in season two. Then the other half of the fun was with them setting everything up and that's gone in season two. So in the first season you had some amusing gags with Shouko, the amusing gags with Yoshii's sister, the amusing gag with Shimada's stalker girl, none of these are like high brow comedy or anything super brilliant but they work well enough the first time, once season two swung around it really had nothing new at all to add, nothing changed in anyone's relationship, no new characters were really introduced it was just more of the same but tempered by the fact it was now old hat. Only real new addition to the dynamic was a male character attracted to Yoshii and, honestly I can't remember anything else. It just wasn't memorable in any way, I can remember lots of shit from season one almost nothing from season two.

Keep in mind though that this isn't a new thing for me, I felt the same way about Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei where I felt it was at it's strongest when it was making new character introductions and once the whole cast had settled in and it switched from that angle into what's essentially a harem holding pattern it became more boring to me. Bakatest season two's the same thing, if you get a kick out of the same guy calling the same girl flat over and over again then you'll love it but to me the same gag over and over wore itself pretty damn thin. Curse of the harem structure I suppose, it's essentially doomed to stay stuck where it's at until it gets cancelled and even then that depends on the benevolence of the author as to whether it ever has a real ending or they end it in a manner that suggests it goes on as is for all of eternity.

That does make sense, and its what I was afraid might happen since BTT seems to have run its course.
However, Sora no Otoshimono Forte bucked that trend by being possibly even funnier than season one. I was hoping for BTT2 to follow suit somehow. The two are very different shows though so what works for one understandably doesn't work for the other.

If you guys haven't seen SNO and forte I highly recommend it if you like the genre at all. the show is completely hilarious and way over the top. It helps that the MC is not a total loser. He's hedonistic and extremely perverted, but he's not an asshole either.

Jarmel

Banned
Might I add the

That's because it has to do with karmic importance or the significance of the individual on a grand scale. For Madoka, multiple timelines were created because of her and so therefore her importance was shot up. It doesn't matter what Homura's intentions were in regards to Madoka, it was merely the act of Madoka being the center of attention for someone to spawn multiple timelines. As for Kyubey, Homura's power was a side-effect, presumably something he didn't foresee. Even then it worked to his advantage so I doubt he cared, it was only when Madoka tripped him up that it only became an issue for him. Kyubey isn't all knowing. As for why Homura couldn't just lock Kyubey up, it's possible he could jump bodies if need be or kill himself in captivity. They stated that there is more than one Incubator.

cajunator

Banned
So cajunator, what happens if FUNi is only able to release the HLP movie on DVD at first?

then I will just keep waiting I guess. Tired of being burned by DVD releases.
The sad thing is they are gonna release Utena eventually on Bluray and I wont even be the only one here double dipping on it.

then I will just keep waiting I guess. Tired of being burned by DVD releases.
The sad thing is they are gonna release Utena eventually on Bluray and I wont even be the only one here double dipping on it.

Thinking this may be Nozomi's first Blu-ray release? Nozomi, and more recently Lucky Penny, seem to be all DVD only releases from RightStuf. I hope to see some BD releases from RightStuf's studios in the future.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

What are the terms? Do I have to post a review for each episode? I'm not accustomed to. I usually leave this kind of organized and individualized reviews to those that can articulate themselves better in English, and then I drop some particular thoughts about it myself for some shows.

I suppose that with this I have to take screenshots as well to demonstrate I'm really watching this, right? The temptation of faking some impressions is big... very big, but I'll complete the task!

Yeah. While you're hatewatching, it's recommended that you unload all the negative emotions you're feeling into a post right after every episode. That's because you don't want to drown in them.

Screencaps are also usually part of the deal because through them you're able to make everyone in the thread suffer with you, and that's how we bond.

madp

The Light of El Cantare

No, don't do it! I would never seriously ask that of you. My temptations are only meant for people who have demonstrated that rolling around in the mud pit of masochism is a perverse source of fun, and you, /XX/, are meant for far classier forms of appreciation and discourse. I take comfort in your seeming immunity to AnimeGAF "culture", and if I ever dragged you down from that, I could never forgive myself!

OceanBlue

That does make sense, and its what I was afraid might happen since BTT seems to have run its course.
However, Sora no Otoshimono Forte bucked that trend by being possibly even funnier than season one. I was hoping for BTT2 to follow suit somehow. The two are very different shows though so what works for one understandably doesn't work for the other.

If you guys haven't seen SNO and forte I highly recommend it if you like the genre at all. the show is completely hilarious and way over the top. It helps that the MC is not a total loser. He's hedonistic and extremely perverted, but he's not an asshole either.

I should probably finish Forte so I can prepare myself for season 3. I kinda stopped watching the anime at the same time I stopped reading the manga. If it's funnier, I'll probably enjoy it.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
No, don't do it! I would never seriously ask that of you. My temptations are only meant for people who have demonstrated that rolling around in the mud pit of masochism is a perverse source of fun, and you, /XX/, are meant for far classier forms of appreciation and discourse. I take comfort in your seeming immunity to AnimeGAF "culture", and if I ever dragged you down from that, I could never forgive myself!

... But yeah, I think I agree with the Pierrot here. Maybe you should leave the self-loathing for us masochistic peasants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom