• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like the above necessarily makes me out to be the most insightful or articulate poster at animeGAF, either, but knowing that I used to post like that (sprinkled with the largely stupid humour I post now) always makes me disappointed that I don't make greater contributions anymore aside from trying to provoke (read: harassing) people into thinking about SKU - or, god forbid, an Oshii movie! - on the off chance someone actually watches it.

I often promise myself I won't post here unless I start putting out somewhat substantive posts like that on the subject of specific anime again. But it's all a little hard to justify when it feels like you're talking to yourself, you know? So I would just end up never posting here anymore if I kept those promises.
When you're old and senile and crazy, you're going to be talking to yourself all the time. The sooner you get over this hump, the better.
This is more or less a problem with the thread, not really Icarus.
What I meant is that she shouldn't force herself to do it.

jbug617

Banned
Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai! 4

Who would of that the cutest girl in the class is also
one of them. I wonder what will she do to prove that she is the real one and not a fake.

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes 15th Annivesary Celebration! A Super Ranking Special on Noteworthy Movie Scenes!!

1KfVJ.jpg

A recap pretty much of all the Pokemon movies shown so far with fun Rocket commentary and some random clips of the new upcoming one.

Pretty fun and makes me want to rewatch them someday again.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
When you're old and senile and crazy, you're going to be talking to yourself all the time. The sooner you get over this hump, the better.

What I meant is that she shouldn't force herself to do it.

Maybe you shouldn't force yourself to do it. You ever think of that? Not forcing yourself to do it?

Yeah.

Do it.

Chuunibyou 4
This show is just making me cringe now, I'm not sure I want to watch anymore of it. The antics aren't funny and the characters aren't compelling or interesting, especially the awful Sanae. It's such such a shame to go from Hyouka to this.

trejo

Ebiten 4 (the rest of it)

Yeah I think I'm done here,
feline molestation
aside. I don't even know when the parody ends and the show's story starts, nor do I even care, really.

Tell us the truth trejo, what did you cosplay as last convention?

I'm sorry to say I've never gone to a convention before.

But if I ever do I can assure you that manFaye would be one of my top choices.

Emitan

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! 4

Yuuuuuuup. Shinka is Mori Summers! Heh, her switch from really nice girl to scheming... schemer is really unsettling. I hope she stops acting with so much resentment towards the group.

Fight scene was good, I love seeing their ridiculous weapon designs.

Poor Pillows barely being involved ;~;

What's with Twin Tail's way of speaking? I don't speak any Japanese but it sounds like she puts a big "DESU!" at the end of every other sentence. The emphasis is weird.

I'm dying.

Mandoric

Banned
Lol, holy crap.
Here are some other values if people want to get a sense of how big that is compared to what we have now:
(clipped)
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/hdt...-question-about-hdtv-bitrate.html#post1229973

Japan: All terrestrial around 1gbyte/10 minutes MPEG2 1080i. The rare satellite exception same rate, MPEG4, 1080P.

yunocchi_thumbdrive_lar.jpg

I look forward to the day when 8k Hidamari Sketch upscales are sold on Yunocchi Thunderbolt Thumbdrives.

I own this thumbdrive and you don't. Biiiiiiiiiidah.

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb - 02

In relation to the 3rd Screenshot (NSFW):http://i.imgur.com/Lto5o.png

Yuno is the only person I know that can make creeping look adorable.

But she really needs to be more assertive, both as an upperclassman as well as Miyako's OTP.
You should've squeezed them Yuno you had the "ok" from Miyako!

And it really seems that they're done with the undertones, they're just making these ships sail!

Watching the wrong version!
But it's HidaSketch, let's all be happy about it anyway.

It could save your life.

Mandoric

Banned
Discotek Thermæ Romæ is surprising. They're normally a licensor of last resort, rather than the team bringing us fresh Noitamina at a high point.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 4
tumblr_mcfib8ZU8s1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Can relate to that.

The old version of the OP was better. Not having the alternating clips and credits in the OP makes it feel less energetic.

Episode actually made me laugh lots just the whole way Yuuta was actually initially getting caught up in the circumstances (the lighting on the floor was awesome, and then the flour being the smoke). Nibutani was kind of dull.
If only Forest Summer mode was her permanent.
I really want Dark Flame Master to reappear. Oh well funny episode but the action was a bit dull. Show is starting to make me want to move it to my to buy list.

Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! 4

What's with Twin Tail's way of speaking? I don't speak any Japanese but it sounds like she puts a big "DESU!" at the end of every other sentence. The emphasis is weird.

I'm dying.

it's not DESU , but DEATH all ....part of her fictionnal personae

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's both an age thing and a character quirk thing.

---

Jormungand 3

I guess to avoid any spoilers, you can't post any caps. But man,
#ShawnRyan
#gamechanger!

It's just too bad that the #gamechanger is wrapped up in something that looks so bland.

Still,
I'm glad that they've at least established that the characters aren't invincible super soldiers.
There's an interesting morality tale here as well, and even with the anime-isms, I'm almost reminded of that old Greg Rucka book Queen and Country at times. If only it looked better than it does. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom