• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Space Bros 29

It's not that I dislike Hibito or anything but I really hope this launch arc is over and done with sooner rather than later because I want the show to focus back on Mutta. Right now he seems more like a commentator than a protagonist.

Yeah, this arc has been pretty dull outside of the flashback episode as Hibito really isn't an engaging character at all.

emAbo.jpg

This week's engrishwatch

Don't forget this little nugget.

spacebros29aa.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Space Bros 29

It's not that I dislike Hibito or anything but I really hope this launch arc is over and done with sooner rather than later because I want the show to focus back on Mutta. Right now he seems more like a commentator than a protagonist.

It hasn't been a particularly lengthy arc but I do think it should go back to Mutta's personal journey.
Hibito is important and perhaps this is a strong motivating factor for him to continue to train hard towards his goal.
It does seem to be a bit of filler to be honest. I appreciated the accuracy of Kennedy Space center right down to the launch pad placement.
For space geeks this show is a treat.

trejo

YuruYuri 3

I think, despite my uneasiness with, um, certain aspects of the show, I'm actually kinda enjoying it. I kinda wish the Amusement Club would actually, you know, do something, but I guess just watching these four do their thing is good enough for now.

At least the yurus kinda sorta engage in activities that the name of their club imply. God forbid K-On's Light Music Club ever actually plays some music.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
I need something short, with a good plot (or at least some good dialog).

I'm about to watch Baccano, would that fit the bill?

Saint Seiya Omega 06

Retook the series, getting Naruto vibes from this one. Elemental chakras, tournaments and stuff. OG was outdated, this one is weaksouce, ugly designs and animations. Will give until 15 episodes to drop

Space Bros 02

Yea, Cartoon for adults. Transition episode, getting ready for something awesome?

JoJo 3

Manly action. Animation looked quite bad imo LOL, it's tough to look after dat opening

I need something short, with a good plot (or at least some good dialog).

I'm about to watch Baccano, would that fit the bill?

Yes.

Texhnolyze 21
It was fucking brutal, not what I expected at all. Really hated that part because of how disgusting it was.
Especially after they made a point of showing Onishi taking her to safety and giving her a gun to defend herself when shit first hit the fan.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, this arc has been pretty dull outside of the flashback episode as Hibito really isn't an engaging character at all.

Don't forget this little nugget.

spacebros29aa.jpg

Hibito is pretty much the model astronaut.
He is probably supposed to be rather unengaging since he sort of presents the goal Mutta is trying to achieve.
Hes a placeholder.
I noticed they did the countdown incorrectly as well.

Narag

Texhnolyze 22 FIN

You've got to be fucking kidding me. That's all that was left of Onishi? :(

Ichise's eyes were so like they were early on in this too. Seeing him hold what was left of Ran was fucking depressing.

Awesome, awesome show and well rewarding past that slow start.

trejo

At first I thought it said "mimute", which is understandable, to a point. But upon closer inspection it seems to actually say "mimuie" which is like, wtf?

What does "Light" Music Club even mean, anyway?

Well, according to the all-knowing wikipedia:

The title of the series comes from the Japanese word for light music, keiongaku (軽音楽), which in the Japanese context is similar to pop music.

Articalys

What does "Light" Music Club even mean, anyway?
I swear I remember reading somewhere that a "light music" club is playing in a band with instruments, as K-On shows, but just a "music" club is more along the lines of the chorus clubs from Tari Tari. Though I could be mistaken.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb - 02

jdrJT.png
5Ebal.png

EPQM2.png
CvcjU.png

:D ------->:O

In relation to the 3rd Screenshot (NSFW):http://i.imgur.com/Lto5o.png

Yuno is the only person I know that can make creeping look adorable.

But she really needs to be more assertive, both as an upperclassman as well as Miyako's OTP.
You should've squeezed them Yuno you had the "ok" from Miyako!

And it really seems that they're done with the undertones, they're just making these ships sail!

Branduil

I don't understand how they screw up the spelling of English so much in anime. I mean, they're obviously basing it off of things they've seen before, so... why can't they compare it to those references and see that it's obviously wrong? Especially with things like "Alert" or "minute." It should be beyond easy to find the correct spelling.

Nafe

Noirulus is back at AnimeGaf! Not sporting the Mayo Chiki! avatar of Subaru anymore though I see.

Congratulations to both Metrotab and Ice Lightning on achieving member status too!

Hanamaru Kindergarten 12

I've never seen Hanamaru Kindergarten before but I already like the blue haired girl. With and without dead eyes.

This post isn't surprising in the least. It's just not a show for people looking for Y chromosomes.

Hoitie Toitie and Photo Finish should team up in an episode of Season 3.

Top "Recent" Acquisitions by the AnimeGAF Jewish Illuminati:

0. Nafe
1. Tomat
2. chickdigger
3. Joe Molotov
4/100. Porcelain Thrill
5. that bundle of self-loathing we know & love (?) as Maedhros
6. ...wait, what?
∞. Novid

Top 5 Posters Who Should Read Grant Morrison's Run On Doom Patrol Since They Want To Be Coerced and/or Listed But Only If They Can Stand Dirty English Because It's Like The Best Comic Ever:

1. Dresden
2. Dresden
3. Dresden
4. Trejo
5. Dresden

Neat, I've surpassed even the five point scale. I saw this list after I posted my impressions of Fehérlófia too. Well it's always nice to make more friends who you can share some similar interests with. :)

lol
Nafe really is the best.

Haha, I don't know about that. I haven't really done anything special have I? I'm just trying to be myself.

Sailor Moon 25

smoon25a.jpg

Goddamn, Makoto fucking owns.

Yay! You're watching more Sailor Moon! This is a good episode, I like how Makoto just picks ups the monster haha. I love how she does her attack chant too..."Waga shugo Mokusei yo! Arashi wo okose! Kumo wo yobe! Ikazuchi wo furaseyo!"

Unfortunately they don't seem to focus on Makoto's strength as much as the series goes on. This even seems to be a thing in the live action PGSM, where they show her as really tough physically when she's first introduced but then they just kind of seem to forget about using it most times.

I've mentioned it before but as far as a little bit of trivia, Makoto's seiyuu, Emi Shinohara, has actually already voiced two monsters. The first was the bat creature in the Ikuhara directed Episode 6 and the second was the doll in Episode 18. Currently she's also providing the voice for Reika's mother in Smile PreCure!.

Hyouka 1(rewatch)

I enjoyed this substantially more the second time around. It's interesting all the little pieces of foreshadowing I noticed watching it now. Chitanda's and Satoshi's first meeting is really funny. Also, this show is ever more gorgeous than I remembered.

You're making me want to rewatch Hyouka now. It is neat going back to shows retrospectively though. I remember rewatching the first few episodes of Madoka and while some things were obvious even on a first watch, it was the more subtle things such as the scene compositions, lighting, angles and framing that now really stand out.

Tenri seems to be a boring version of Library Girl though...

I saw that as "Literature Girl" for a second and thought of zeroshiki haha

Running a mild fever. I blame you Mad Pierrot! Somehow...

images

Do you want Nurse Minako to help you?
heh heh

Hopefully you get better soon though. :)

4 days and only 3000 posts? AnimeGaf you're slipping.

Even without Kayos, this thread still seems like it's moving too fast.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I don't understand how they screw up the spelling of English so much in anime. I mean, they're obviously basing it off of things they've seen before, so... why can't they compare it to those references and see that it's obviously wrong? Especially with things like "Alert" or "minute." It should be beyond easy to find the correct spelling.
Korean animators paid by the frame drawn just don't find it profitable to double-check silly stuff like English spelling.

cajunator

Banned

I dont understand either.
With the internet they can simply copy the correct spelling from anywhere.
Theres no need to even guess.
It really has to just be laziness or apathy.

Magi 3
tumblr_mc9q1bYFch1rdiylyo1_500.gif

Excellent closure to the arc and it gave me my favorite Alibaba moment. He just looks so happy that its just plain silly and hilarious and so worth it for the struggles hes just endured Im guessing and finally catching a break. The heartfelt feelings he and Aladdin have for each other and enough for Aladdin to say that he really likes him is really touching and makes me wish for them to never be split up, go separate ways, or to break up. Though the series keeps being rather intriguing by just holding all the background information for each character hidden, either just Alibaba trying to forget or Aladdin just not knowing about himself. Still waiting for Alibaba to just confess it all, which I thought he said he would do in episode two before everything fell to pieces. If his body remembers then he must tell.

Morgiana was just plain annoying and I wish she'd stay in her country. Really needed to actually be forced by the dude to not stay with Jamil. I had already had enough with her when she kicked Alibaba all the way across the room and was even going to stab him, seriously!? They were in necropolis what in the world would Jamil even be able to do if she disobeyed. Shes just never thinking.

One of the songs actually did sound like it was inspired from Bleach, there was a song with the typical vocals found in a few of the bleach ost tracks, at least thats what that song in this episode felt like to me.

Articalys

Oh wow, they actually changed the Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai opening animation! It no longer flashes pictures on alternating sides of the screen during the first bit, now it keeps the credits on one side and the images on the other; there seem to be a few other subtle changes too. I guess there were enough people complaining after all...

Branduil

Oh wow, they actually changed the Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai opening animation! It no longer flashes pictures on alternating sides of the screen during the first bit, now it keeps the credits on one side and the images on the other; there seem to be a few other subtle changes too. I guess there were enough people complaining after all...

The original version will now be a collector's item.

survivor

Banned

Good news. Now I can finally watching the OP without blinding myself.

But, I was just about to get used to it after a few more viewings.

I liked that part could bob my head to each side. Anyway the full version of the song is pretty good, like the singers voice.

trejo

Ebiten 1-3

This show is pretty terrible. It has an annoying Haruhi clone voiced by Kana Asumi and an accompanying Mikuru clone voiced by whoever who is also a fujoshi and an exhibitionist. Its schtick seems to be that each episode focuses on a different older popular show to parody. I enjoyed the first two episodes mostly because they were nothing but blatant Saint Seiya and Sailor Moon parodies respectively. As such, the third one I liked a lot less due to unfamiliarity with whatever it is they were supposed to be parodying for the week.

So yeah, awful show whose only saving grace is the parody angle. I don't think I'm going to be following this one for a lot longer if the issue present for the third episode starts to repeat.

Ebiten 4 (first four minutes)

(NSFW)WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK?!?(NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom