• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

It means your :kayos right now.

His :kayos cannot be contained.

Real answer: kayos90 a bright and impressionable poster who has left us for greener pastures seemed to not be aware of the concept of wikipedia and was often left seemingly perplexed at many posts in these threads.

Thus the term :kayos was born but in return he broke free of the chains of AnimeGAF which bound him. In these lands, he was never heard from again and we all wonder when or if he'll make his return.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! - 04

DNpEV.png
x3QgJ.png

Best girl and best pairing.

I knew there was a 'bitch' persona behind that fake smile and I'm so happy I was right! Mori Summer is definitely best girl. Here's hoping she continues her verbal abuse towards the MC throughout the remaining episodes (not because I hate him, but because his reactions are hilarious). Mori Summer takes shit from no one! :D

This show is definitely my #OdaNobuna.

She's barely even in the show! By that logic Yuuta's mom is the best character because she's been in one episode?

She's #2 on my list. Right behind hairclip. #TeamChristmasCake

Digimon Adventure 3-4

The Matt and Tk brother thing was touching really, especially how he tried to not show that he cares that much for TK in front of him, but everyone else can tell even TK. Matt and Tai are nice too, they really carry the show forward and keep things interesting.

Birdramon is pretty ugly though. Though where are the black gears even coming from?

Hayate no Gotoku Can't Take My Eyes Off You - 04

This show manage to totally ignore plenty of good things about hayate no gotoku and even manage to not fill them by something else ..

by now it's painfully obvious that no one will have any sense of character develloppement beside the new character as everyone act their roles and nothing else ...

Even seeing character i love animated is not enough for me to forgive what this show does ...
it's messing up the continuity they even seemed to care enough to do a roll back in season 2 .. and i'm not ashamed to say that i don't care about ruri ..

now i'll catch up to the manga instead ( i still have plenty to read ) it's more funny and more engaging that this stuff

Chuunibyou demo koi ga Shitai! 4

This episode was quite good and highly enjoyable, but it was also probably my least favorite, due largely to how inconsistent it was. The first half was mediocre, while the latter half was excellent, since
Nibutani disposed of her "perfect" facade
, which allowed for a much more interesting story to take place. Despite this, I recognize the episode as a necessary bridge between Yuuta's superficial attraction of Nibutani and the gradual establishing of his romantic interest in Rikka. Although the story didn't particularly interest me throughout the first half, I felt the episode, as a whole, was paced really well.

Though it was certainly expected, I didn't particularly like that
Yuuta chose to join the club solely due to the shallow attraction he has towards Shinka
, but this is a rather insignificant complaint. The largest criticism I have is that, due to Shinka being far too prevalent throughout, Rikka, as in the previous episode, seemed to be forced into the role of a secondary character, which doesn't exactly benefit the story, since her interactions with Yuuta are easily the best element of the show. Thankfully, the latter half of the episode strongly allayed my temporary fears that this would turn into the Yuuta-Shinka show, so hopefully the story returns to focusing on the far more engaging and enjoyable dynamic of the relationship between Yuuta and Rikka.

Rikka
stumbling upon and consequently becoming embarrassed by Yuuta's dirty magazine
was easily my favorite scene in the episode. The humor, for the most part, worked quite well, especially Sanae and Rikka's fantastic interactions. Sanae's enthusiastic admiration towards Rikka is quite amusing. Kumin's also pretty likable, but, unfortunately, she hasn't been given much to do.

Despite it's predictability, I really like that
Nibutani was revealed as Mori Summer
, due mostly to what that means for Yuuta, since his interactions with
"normal"
Shinka essentially diminished his character into a one-note repetition. Her
separate personality
, though intriguing in it's surprising contrast, is pretty unlikable. At least the
chuunibyou aspect
of
Shinka's true self
actually gives her dynamic characterization and an interesting personality, since she definitely didn't possess one before. Now that her
true motivations have been revealed
, it's great that she doesn't appear to have any sort of
romantic interest in Yuuta
. Hopefully, now that he's been
"rejected"
, he can finally move past his temporary crush on worst girl, which would consequently allow Rikka and Yuuta's relationship to properly develop.

The production values remain consistently impressive, as illuminated by the entertaining end to the episode, in which
Shinka and Sanae fight for the book she had written
. This brief action sequence was, once again, really well-animated and excellently choreographed. The dynamic facial reactions are depicted particularly well. The altered OP is actually pretty good, since it's no longer "seizure-inducing".

All in all, Chuunibyou, despite it's occasional, but temporary narrative flaws, continues to exceed expectations with it's execution and a thoroughly likable cast of characters. It will be interesting to see which direction the story will take, since the
club has been fully assembled
. I love that, so far, Rikka appears to be the only one that's romantically interested in Yuuta, and I hope it remains that way. As such, I'm expecting far more focus on Rikka and her gradually developing relationship with Yuuta as the story progresses.

Still, even with the
added touch to her personality
, this episode basically solidifies Shinka as the worst girl. Touka > Rikka > Kumin > Sanae > Shinka

NewFresh

It's not like the "reviews" we write up have any greater meaning, especially when most people don't even read them.
I always enjoyed reading the more in depth reviews and often bookmarked them for reference. I would like to think people also read some of mine, but it was always just a fun exercise in further understanding an OVA/Film/Show.

Edit:

Even some of yours

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38007457&postcount=16730

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38090330&postcount=18151

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40160315&postcount=17001

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom