• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Chuunibyou 4

Another really fun episode, this show has picked up quite a bit since the first week. Sooner or later we are going to get a lengthy fight sequence, and it will be so so good.

Jex

Psycho Pass 2

This really is a reverse harem show, though. Akane already has three husbandos, and I particularly liked how Akane
shooting
Shinya caused him to completely rethink his life for the first time ever.

Never doubt the power of
getting shot
to change your perspective.

jbug617

Banned
Hayate No Gotoku! Can't Take My Eyes Off You 4

The show is ugly. It doesn't look good and the way they drew Hayate is really different compared to the old shows.

Articalys

I've got to say, this show is looking pretty fabulous.
7tKhO.jpg
The official website for the television anime adaptation of Touya Mikanagi's Karneval manga updated with the series' cast, staff, and a new piece of key visual art on Thursday. Hiro Shimono, Hiroshi Kamiya, and Mamoru Miyano are reprising their roles from the series' drama CDs.

The announced cast includes:

Hiro Shimono as Nai
Hiroshi Kamiya as Gareki
Mamoru Miyano as ship fighter Yogi
Aya Endo as ship fighter Tsukumo
Daisuke Ono as ship captain Hirato
Yuuichi Nakamura as ship fighter Jiki
Koji Yusa as ship captain Tsukitachi
Daisuke Hirakawa as researcher Akari

The original manga follows Nai, a naïve boy searching for someone important to him, with only an abandoned bracelet as a clue. He encounters the pickpocket Gareki when the two meet in a strange mansion. Soon they find themselves part of a setup, becoming wanted criminals by military security operatives. When all hope seems lost, the two are introduced to none other than the country's most powerful defense organization, "Circus."

Eiji Suganuma (Kodomo no Jikan, Mashiroiro Symphony - The color of lovers, Ninja Cadets, Sasameki Koto) is directing the series at Manglobe (Deadman Wonderland, Hayate the Combat Butler: Can't Take My Eyes Off You, Mashiroiro Symphony - The color of lovers, Ergo Proxy) and Touko Machida (THE IDOLM@STER, Lucky Star, Amnesia) is handling the scripts. Toshie Kawamura (Yes! Precure 5, Smile Precure!, Mashiroiro Symphony - The color of lovers) is serving as the character designer and chief animation director for the series.

An anime preview DVD is bundled with the manga's 10th volume, which shipped on Thursday. The series is slated to air next spring.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Woah. GAF is giving me Madoka ads. Perhaps this is a sign!

I will say that the price is actually rather reasonable. Shame I don't actually have a BluRay player at the moment.

trejo

Kuttsukiboshi OVA 1-2

Going into this blind I had no clue what to expect. What I got were exceedingly low production values and a very interesting story about friendship and closeness.

The story follows Kawakami, a girl who
developed telekinetic powers following a car accident
and her classmate Saitou Aya, who discovered her secret and has bowed to keep it as such, in addition to having tasked herself with helping Kawakami learn how to develop her abilities and maintaining a record of her progress. Due to its short length the OVA wastes no time in getting the viewers acquainted with the characters and them to one another. It also helps that the cast is kept short and as such it's easier for the audience to focus on the ones who are in the spotlight.

As I said, production values are low, sometimes amateurish, even, but I found myself so engrossed by some of the more unexpected twists that they became an afterthought to me after a while. Still, it could've only benefitted from having a higher budget but it's mostly a nitpick at this point.

All in all, this was a very surprising watch that manages to wrap its story up satisfyingly within its short runtime and, if nothing else, it managed to provide some of that good, old-fashioned entertainment for as long as it lasted.

Oh, and also, it has a teensy bit of this and that, so I can't really stress enough how much of a must-watch this is for SDBurton.

I get the feeling that between this and Ebiten I really need to make the effort to watch something of an altogether more wholesome sort. Mix it up and all that.

Narag

Princess Nine 9

I.. I had no idea about the foul rule bouncing off the pitching rubber. Anime needs to stop teaching me things.
Totally forgot how bitter it was between the daughter the chairman had and the daughter she never had the chance to have.
Hell of an ep to come back to.

cajunator

Banned
Woah. GAF is giving me Madoka ads. Perhaps this is a sign!

I will say that the price is actually rather reasonable. Shame I don't actually have a BluRay player at the moment.

You should buy the Madoka blurays.
Especially since yall get an affordable version.
Soooooooo worth it!

Articalys

Time once again for a new episode of Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oRzq91CopQ

Looks like they heard the calls of Pillow-chan fans, since this episode is all about a normal day after school in the Far Eastern Magic Nap Society of Summer, but from Tsuyuri's perspective.
Also, it seems like it takes place after the events of the normal episode 4, FYI.

Next week will be the last Lite episode.

Dead

well not really...yet
lol manglobe

Almost funny how almost overnight they went from alternative style shows to the same old animue shit.

I guess when pretty much every show youve ever made is a bomba, its inevitable... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom