• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Polar Bear Cafe 30
polarbear30.jpg
polarbear30a.jpg

:sasako and polar bears neverending flood of halloween costumes. oh, and there was something about llamas but no cares about them anyway

cajunator

Banned
I have a cart with them saved on Rightstuf. $120+shipping is still an awful lot but depending on how it ends, and whether or not I'll want to watch it again before I order them.
If it's as good as you say, and so far it is, I'll end up buying them as a late birthday gift to myself.

5 episodes to go, I'm already considering taking work off to finish it.

Edit: The first 2 movies aren't out on Blu-ray in NA yet are they? What about Japan?

You'll take work off just to finish Madoka? I wish that were an option for me. It's not easy to take work off in a dispatching job.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But can you roll those R's?!
The Scottish do that that too!
Gotta know the numbers up to ten as well, bro.
Uno... welp, that's it. lol
None of you fuckers are getting inside my house.
But your house is my house! That's the law!

I've been able to work out what most of the :______ mean, but this one is still a mystery.
Mono no aware, as has already been explained. lol

Stop copying me, icarus.
Fuck you Hobo, I quit.
:kayos

There are exactly two moods, or emotions if you will, that firehawk12 ever seeks out or responds to in anime and quite possibly in fiction in general: lesbian angst and mono no aware.
I always felt heteronormativity should also be included; however, I don't dictate these kind of things.
See, that's at least three!

I don't think heteronormativity is an emotion.
It is if you're a guy threatened by alternate forms of sexuality and gender identity I suppose! lol

As long as one of those dudes ends up like this, I'll be happy.

http://i.imgur.com/GTABp.gif

OG :kanna!

cjkeats

You'll take work off just to finish Madoka? I wish that were an option for me. It's not easy to take work off in a dispatching job.

I've never taken a sick day so I've got plenty of time saved, and the flu is going around site so I've got the excuse. I've always wanted to take a sick day when I'm not sick, but I'm too honest.

You know what it's like when a series picks up steam. I like to do it like a band-aid and just tear through it. Thankfully the weekend's here tomorrow anyways.
I just want to see someone
stab
Kyuubey
in the face
Repeatedly

I'll take more fabulous in my life~

This does look like fun, well expect for the boring looking shota.
There are boring looking shota? Impossible. The girl feels out of place among this great looking cast. One with white hair reminds me of this seasons Isana in K, so probably will be a favorite in addition to the one with goggles. Otherwise seems good. may check out the Manga if I can clear my backlog.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kintama 256

k46vul.jpg

But of course. lol

fBd9Sl.jpg

This totally makes no sense out of context, but it's what an amazing sight-gag.

This arc was a nice way to reintroduce basically the entire cast. I'm just curious to see what they do next week. Even if it's a rerun, I hope they do something to mark it as different somehow.

Ginga 24
dOh2Fl.jpg

Dat bro finger-sex.

QrnX5l.jpg

Also, it looks like Kansai girls like the blond boys. Poor Shou-kun!

Also, blind soccer > beach soccer. The only thing that Knight in the Area has is Nana and Mai, but even then... Erika > Nana + Mai, so there ya go. lol

Westlo

But that one based from the original design. Its just a natural choice.

Yeah, made sense to go with the design of the original and somewhat popular original source as opposed to one of many manga series that will probably get canned within a few years while barely telling much of the overall story.

Naruto Shippuden 285

I guess now we will have a long stretch of filler. Not a bad fight the episode had for explosion style and some kekkai genkai, though not having any characters anyone cares about and being on some random kazekage shinobi made it not that enjoyable.

Grzi

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - 04

Still good, but the visuals are getting worse every week. Too bad, but at least the part at the river looked great, much better than the rest of the episode.
The character interactions were great as usual.

Ixion Saga DT - 03

A boring episode this week, spending the entire episode on pet related antics wasn't the best idea.

/XX/

I apologize if I got carried away a little by the conversation earlier. If it comes to it I sure want sometimes to talk with you normally as things go on and on. However, I'll try to tone down and keep to a minimum such drivel...

... well, just one off-topic comment more:

p.s. I TOLD YOU ABOUT PEPE DAWG

I TOLD YOU HE WAS SHITE
Creo que se han vertido sobre Pepe muchas críticas, sobre su calidad en general, debido a errores puntuales. No voy a entrar en temas de actitud, pero Pepe ayer mostró un acierto en las anticipaciones y los cruces propios del jugador de calidad que puede ser, y es... pero, ciertamente, con el balón controlado se le vio confuso. También es verdad que, tras la pérdida de su enlace ideal en la salida del balón con el medio-campo que es Khedira, y si no hubiera sido por las coberturas que le hizo Ramos, ¡esto podría haber sido peor aún! La defensa estaba a cuadros, y sinceramente, no se pueden tener jugadores polivalentes y con casta como Xabi Alonso ('I love you!') en todas las posiciones.

I'm gonna tell you the truth: your manager is an incompetent strategist who has managed to win what he won on the coattails of others. Great motivator though.
I find funny that you just described Guardiola!

O.K., all done! Now I'll stick to the matter in question for this thread, I promise!

Hyouka 18
Love this show.
Though I think the show would have been better if the mysteries were more serious or had it been a supernatural mystery.
the atmosphere is perfect for that imo.

/XX/

Yeah, iirc NHK tested 4K OTA and compressed it came out to like 250Mbps. Lol. That's over 5 times the recommended max bitrate of the Blu-ray spec.

Hopefully H.265 will alleviate some of those problems, though.
Not over-the-air, but time ago they set, as means of experimenting with simulations on very high bit-rates, "dummy" satellite transmissions with a specially conceived/manipulated transponder that achieved this:

TECHNICAL DEVELOPMENT TOWARDS IMPLEMENTATION OF EXTREMELY HIGH RESOLUTION IMAGERY SYSTEM WITH MORE THAN 4000 SCANNING LINES said:
(...) The SHV signal compressed at a bitrate of 200 Mbps was transmitted successfully via the 21-GHz-band traveling wave tube (TWT) over 10 hours in total. The results suggested that SHV broadcasting via 21-GHz- band satellite is promising.
http://www.nhk.or.jp/digital/en/technical/pdf/02_1.pdf

And they are referring here with this to a 8K Super Hi-Vision (SHV) signal, not 4K. On more recent over-the-air tests for SHV they didn't even surpass 200Mbps counting both real-time audio & video streams (http://www3.nhk.or.jp/pr/marukaji/pdf_ver/327.pdf), and we are still talking about 8K.

Camera limitations. This is from an article about 4K/6K transfers and not 4K consumer displays, but it's pretty relevant:
Yeah, and that without mentioning the (kind of) average number of effective lines of motion resolution on consumer displays, that in many occasions can worsen the output even more!

dohohoho
yes, with four hours of exclusive voice clips preloaded
Does it come with greatest hits like 'Yuno Sleeping'?

cjkeats

Hyouka 18
Love this show.
Though I think the show would have been better if the mysteries were more serious or had it been a supernatural mystery.
the atmosphere is perfect for that imo.

I thought that too. I always figured the thing with
Chitanda's missing uncle
was going to come back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom