• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoraxes

Texhnolyze 22 FIN

You've got to be fucking kidding me. That's all that was left of Onishi? :(

Ichise's eyes were so like they were early on in this too. Seeing him hold what was left of Ran was fucking depressing.

Awesome, awesome show and well rewarding past that slow start.

I'm very glad you enjoyed this. A lot of people don't give it the time of day past the slow opening, but man is this show one hell of a ride and I loved the world they built.

Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! 4
Ofsk3.jpg

Men in Black 4
I knew that's where this show was going to go, I knew
Nibutani was going to be just like Yuuta.
Though I think the whole erasing everything embarrassing from your past is going about it wrong. There so much horrible old art I have floating around on the internet, but I've never thought to delete them all as I think seeing them will motivate me to get better. Of course, bad 8th grade level art and a chuunibyou encyclopedia are completely different things, but whatever.
Now all the characters are in place, so let's see where they go from here. I wonder if Yuuta will
still try to pursue Nibutani
SwG0Z.jpg

An important document indeed.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 04
This show started kind of fun during the first episode but it's already hit the point where I can only think of it as being junk. The show has awful range, is super predictable, and generally just sort of blows most of the time. Pretty much all of the characters are just astoundingly off-putting and unlikable. Like for the most part they're just mean and inconsiderate, but this is anime so wwwwwwwwwwwwwww we're all having fun so why don't you laugh along? All of this feels like it's been done a million times before. Oh, and the Lite OP is like a million times better than the one they use.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Code:Breaker 03

ogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogamiogami

Time once again for a new episode of Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Lite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oRzq91CopQ

Looks like they heard the calls of Pillow-chan fans, since this episode is all about a normal day after school in the Far Eastern Magic Nap Society of Summer, but from Tsuyuri's perspective.

Also, it seems like it takes place after the events of the normal episode 4, FYI.

Next week will be the last Lite episode.

Really? that's to bad. I really like them.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ginga e Kickoff! 24

That was one of the coolest episodes of any anime I've watched all year. It was basically the same old "think outside the box in order to improve at fighting/sports" cliché every shounen ever implements, but it managed to be educational and interesting because of the real world applications of blind football. The skill and dedication these people have to exert in such a simple hobby is admirable.

P.S. Coach-san is a terrible keeper.
Ginga e Kickoff 24

I didnt even know Blind Soccer was real but more power unto them irl who play it. That just seems totally mindblowing to know where the ball is, and dribble, and defend, and etc. Good episode.
Ginga E Kickoff 24

The whole episode about
blind soccer was good. It showed how Shou is a great leader (even he has the most annoying voice ever).
Looks like we get our 2 new players in the next episode.
I know, right? It was amazing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You should buy the Madoka blurays.
Especially since yall get an affordable version.
Soooooooo worth it!

I guess it would be a good idea to support reasonably priced anime in the UK since I always complain about what a rip it is.

I mean it won't be the first DVD (or in this case BD) that I've bought and not watched straight away.

cajunator

Banned
I guess it would be a good idea to support reasonably priced anime in the UK since I always complain about what a rip it is.

I mean it won't be the first DVD (or in this case BD) that I've bought and not watched straight away.

Yeah.
If you are going to support a show at retail, Madoka would be a good one.
It could open the UK market a bit more.
Do yall usually import us versions? Do those even work?

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Nope. You just need to like casts of cute girls and Misaka as an MC.

Mikoto misaka was my waifu according to that site where you put your username.

Articalys

Bizarre. I know I checked a question twice on different days with the same input and got two different results.

Well, it's of no consequence anyway.
Where does it say that?
At the very top, where it says how many people answered the question so far and how many total results there are. And I just checked, and indeed some questions have that line about different every day and some don't. I guess the waifu question was one of the latter.

Grzi

Regardless of My Adolescent Delusions of Grandeur, I Want a Date! - 04

Another great episode, Shinka added some nice dynamics to the crew, it was funny, great animation and action at the end, and it successfully avoids being samey (which is a surprise), at least for now.
I'm having almost too much fun with this show.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Yeah.
If you are going to support a show at retail, Madoka would be a good one.
It could open the UK market a bit more.
Do yall usually import us versions? Do those even work?

I just use the streaming services now. Last box set I bought was Azumanga and only because I happened to come across it at a special promotional price.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh wow, they actually changed the Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai opening animation! It no longer flashes pictures on alternating sides of the screen during the first bit, now it keeps the credits on one side and the images on the other; there seem to be a few other subtle changes too. I guess there were enough people complaining after all...
Booo. The OP is what separated the men from the boys.

This is probably a bad time to mention I cosplayed once. I still feel dirty.
I have a morbid curiosity of going to a convention. If I were to ever fulfil that curiosity cosplaying would be a must since I'd need a disguise.

Stop fishing for tags, people.
The one handy thing about having a tag; you can't be accused of tag fishing.

Booo. I was hoping for Space Beano.

Pics of the mom plz.

Also, as far as I'm aware a mom, by definition, cannot be a christmas cake.
#TeamMums for both Chuuni and SAO are the true paths to enlightenment.

Thats so adorable.
Wish I had one.
So you can rip her head open? You really do have a morbid mind cajun.

Yurumates OVA (2009)

This was created earlier than 3D/Plus. It's a collection of shorts, as well (thirteen to be exact), but all edited back-to-back in the same video. Besides the first video with Yurume moving in for the first day, the skits are different than the ones used for 3D/Plus.

The art is was first noticeable difference for me. However, the pacing, humor and character voices are the same. At the end of the day, the notable gap between art and animation leaves me greatly preferring Yurumates 3D/Plus to this OVA despite having a similar soul.
There's still another OVA out there to watch.

Narag

Galactic Cyclone Bryger 21

38iu9l.png

Turns out Blaster Kid loves guitars as much as he does guns.

Villain was kinda off in this one. Rather than following a sensible threat of "Do what I say or I'll kill your sister." he added theatricality to it by shooting her into space.

cjkeats

Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Episode 7

Kyuubey is still
a bastard
Madoka continues to
just kinda be "there".

Got some backstory on Kyouko, turns out her "miracle"
went terribly wrong.
I'm surprised she's coming around faster than Homura, but I'm not complaining. I like her. She seems to be the only one outside of Homura who has any idea the tolls of doing this whole MG thing can take, and she takes it with a Pocky stuffed grin.

This episode had a whole lotta talking, including the introduction of a
love triangle(?) that I can't see being any more to the story than a way to get Sayaka to cry it out
, and the best fight scene yet. The animation in this show is still some of my favorite.
The witch battle was just awesome to watch.

Kazzy

Woah. GAF is giving me Madoka ads. Perhaps this is a sign!

I will say that the price is actually rather reasonable. Shame I don't actually have a BluRay player at the moment.

Yes, and you should, for as slow as they can seem in bringing titles over (if they ever make it), I am generally pleased whenever I have bought a Manga UK release.

Summary: It's relatively cheap!

cajunator

Banned
Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Episode 7

Kyuubey is still
a bastard
Madoka continues to
just kinda be "there".

Got some backstory on Kyouko, turns out her "miracle"
went terribly wrong.
I'm surprised she's coming around faster than Homura, but I'm not complaining. I like her. She seems to be the only one outside of Homura who has any idea the tolls of doing this whole MG thing can take, and she takes it with a Pocky stuffed grin.

This episode had a whole lotta talking, including the introduction of a
love triangle(?) that I can't see being any more to the story than a way to get Sayaka to cry it out
, and the best fight scene yet. The animation in this show is still some of my favorite.
The witch battle was just awesome to watch.

Told you Kyoko was awesome!
If you like the animation and art in the tv broadcast you should see how gorgeous the blurays look.
Madoka magica is a really good looking series.

cjkeats

Told you Kyoko was awesome!
If you like the animation and art in the tv broadcast you should see how gorgeous the blurays look.
Madoka magica is a really good looking series.

I have a cart with them saved on Rightstuf. $120+shipping is still an awful lot but depending on how it ends, and whether or not I'll want to watch it again before I order them.
If it's as good as you say, and so far it is, I'll end up buying them as a late birthday gift to myself.

5 episodes to go, I'm already considering taking work off to finish it.

Edit: The first 2 movies aren't out on Blu-ray in NA yet are they? What about Japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom