• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Buriki is like one of the worst character designers working today. Horrid squished faces with Keyface-like eye distances and crescent moon mouths.

Denpa Onna says not no but HELL NO.
i6vPYha7blIIS.gif

cajunator

Banned
Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo 03

This show is turning out better than I expected it to. The supporting characters definitely help to carry it, with misaki being my definite favorite, but Shiina is starting to become a bit better defined. She is still pretty characterless though. Jin is pretty crazy. This show is pretty cute overall and the character chemistry somehow works really well.

You just proved my point.

I really don't give a shit if you like her or not, I just felt like posting her picture.

Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! 4

Absolutely loving this show so far, but I can't help but hope that in the last episode there's a genre shift and the kids actually summon a demon or something and it just murders the entire school. And then the show ends. AOTY.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yamato 2199 5-6
These eps fucking OWNED so hard that I can't wait for next set of em. Please don't tell me I'm gonna have to wait several months or something. :(
FUCK YES. Didn't I tell you? That Pluto shit owned so fucking hard.

I remember the aspect ratio shit. Fuck that guy.
Oh I remember him. You guys killed him. :( lol

It's like 3-4 months per volume of 4 episodes. I don't think the series is going to finish until the end of 2013, since it's 26 episodes. Vol.4 comes out in Feb 2013.
"The only thing bad about Yamato 2199 is that it's just TOO good". At least the time gives them an opportunity to make the episodes look good.

cajunator

Banned
From the New world 04

Wow. This show is getting seriously disturbing.
I can understand why this society is set up the way it is and why controlling the PK ability is so important, but its kind of frightening how the adults use mind control and deception against the kids. Its so convoluted that there is no way to tell what is real or not. And then THOSE THINGS show up. Nightmare fuel. I am super intrigued by this show and what will happen now. This is a good one.

Steroyd

Hidamari Sketch Honeycomb - 04

So today they're having a swimming competition at the school... so what does this mean?

Yuri level 9000!!

7HBDJ.jpg

Yuno's not exactly being subtle here.

AKgt4.jpg

Keep fighting the fight Natsume!

YNG1X.jpg

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer

H77nw.jpg

Not even males can escape going out of camera focus, despite the camera having auto focus LOLOLOL

Yoshinoya, on a one woman mission to sell those BD's now with added Gainax bounce.

Accel World SP 1

Already actually watched this a while back, but nice to see it again. Whole Taku mounting part made me laugh still as well as just the beginning with Haru being accused of being the cookie thief.

Medaka Box Abnormal 3

How did people find the episode, overall boring or uninteresting. It was a great change, though by still having boring overpowered Medaka doing the usual, but instead actually getting the
specials, I thought they were normals
Akune and the swimmer some screentime, as well as some Zenkichi. Actually Zenkichi was the best part and still makes the show for me. It just something about him and being a Normal that makes me rather interested and wanting to just see how far he can go and if he can do things on the same level as the specials and abnormals. Seeing normal characters rise to power is much more enjoyable, entertaining, and pleasing than seeing overpowered near perfect characters who are just incapable of losing and etc (Medaka) get screentime and whatnot. Please tell me when he will do great stuff this arc. Will definitely go into the manga end of this season just to follow his progress, I hope.

Pooya

Zetsuen no Tempest - 4

These are real bros. Pretty good episode even though there was no action, the back story was pretty cool. Good to have a calm, 'emotional' episode after all the explosions. Like the trio so far.

crazy girl - 4

That was extra stupid and not even funny stupid like last episode, I'm wondering what's this going to be for the rest of the show now that all the characters and their 'dark past' or present is revealed, stupid girls doing stupid things with a guy sticking around to make it look like a harem show? or they are going to grow up in the end, with some love story.

Baka Art Online - 16

ahahaha aahhhahaha.

yeah, let's just put that thing that killed two years of my life on my head again, just to save money and not buy a new, supposedly secure one. And why pick the same handle again even knowing that dude knows this name? I'm sure he has good reasons for that right? BATMAN gotta show off

Psycho-Pass - 3

Gino actually cares about human lives (Kogami too somewhat), pretty much what I thought of anyone in the first episode, other than Akane, seems to be not a true image of them, he seems to be playing it safe re Enforcers but he probably has good reasons.
They are really reckless and not every time will go well like this time or last week I'm sure. Kogami goes Gilgamesh for a bit. lol unstable character

Another problem with dominator we saw in this episode, this episode was still world building somewhat but not as heavy as first episodes obviously, more subtle and better. All of these things they have introduced so far are going to return later in main case maybe? or could be just for this episode's case and I'm looking at things wrongly.

If the format is going to be a case every week but some overarching story in the background it would be cool, but I hope that main plot line shows itself sooner than later or the cases become more interesting and deeper, maybe even spanning two, three episodes and not with faceless random characters but genuine criminals that can escape or exploit the PP system and real motivations not helpless, poor people. I want dark dark shit from this show :p

Jarmel

Banned
So... despite writing the source material, and having input on the show itself, which adapts the exposition-heavy novels into an exposition-heavy show... uh, okay.

Also you can't just hand-wave away clumsy "worldbuilding" as something that's required for a scifi work. Most of the convos with the old prosthetic man are unneeded.

Novels by their nature tend by exposition heavy. The show itself could have easily used visual means to represent stuff such as prior Grail Wars or Servants, this is extremely apparent in the first episode. Urobuchi wasn't directing and wasn't screenwriting.

Like I said, science fiction in general is relatively heavy on exposition. He's not the first science fiction writer to do it and he certainly isn't the last. The more different society is from our modern one, the more likely there is going to be either an exposition dump or monologue. I mean look at Shin Sekai, it also used a pretty obvious exposition dump.

Baka Art Online - 16

ahahaha aahhhahaha.

yeah, let's just put that thing that killed two years of my life on my head again, just to save money and not buy a new, supposedly secure one. And why pick the same handle again even knowing that dude knows this name? I'm sure he has good reasons for that right? BATMAN gotta show off

Why buy another one , when the old one won't kill you anymore ?
Why input another name when the person you're looking for would likely recognise you by your username , first ?

Pooya

Why but another one , when the old one won't kill you anymore ?
Why input another name when the person you're looking for would likely recognise you by your username , first ?

Because that guy is in control of the system and Kirito knows that too, now he gave away his identity and gave him a way to kill him too by using nerve gear? Asuna would recognize him anyway.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Because that guy is in control of the system and Kirito knows that too, now he gave away his identity and gave him a way to kill him too by using nerve gear? Asuna would rexognize him anyway.
It's because people have no agency in the real world and video games are the only thing that matter.

Just as Kirito doesn't think of finding hackers to break into this game and free Asuna from the outside, CreepyRaperDude won't think of going to Kirito's house and killing him while he's poop-socking in WoW SAO FairyFuckerOnline.

Jarmel

Banned
It's because people have no agency in the real world and video games are the only thing that matter.

Just as Kirito doesn't think of finding hackers to break into this game and free Asuna from the outside, CreepyRaperDude won't think of going to Kirito's house and killing him while he's poop-socking in WoW SAO FairyFuckerOnline.

Here's a question, why doesn't Kirito just get evidence that Asuna is still in the game and go confront the father who will get the police involved?

duckroll

Because that guy is in control of the system and Kirito knows that too, now he gave away his identity and gave him a way to kill him too by using nerve gear? Asuna would recognize him anyway.

Pretty sure he did it on purpose. Batman fears no one. Batman is fear itself!!!

Maedhros

Go read the novel. Or at least the part where he logs on and digits his name and you'll understand.

Pooya

Here's a question, why doesn't Kirito just get evidence that Asuna is still in the game and go confront the father who will get the police involved?

I'm assuming he has entered the game just to do that, because that pic isn't clear or something. Sounds like he just wants to get to the tree quick just to do that but again he could press the father on this to inspect their servers or something... but as far as outside authority comes, like firehawk said, they don't exist in SAO universe, if they did they wouldn't allow selling microwave helmets on the market in the first place, that's something you gotta accept I guess. But even based on simple logic, characters actions are ridiculous and happens again and again.

I'm assuming he has entered the game just to do that, because that pic isn't clear or something. Sounds like he just wants to get to the tree quick just to do that but again he could press the father on this to inspect their servers or something... but as far as outside authority comes, like firehawk said, they don't exist in SAO universe, if they did they wouldn't allow selling microwave helmets on the market in the first place, that's something you gotta accept I guess. But even based on simple logic, characters actions are ridiculous and happens again and again.
Notto disu shitto agen

1) Only sao can kill you ( the killing command was only in the final version of that game ). Alo being made from a previous version of the engine can't kill you .
Why would be use a nickname other than the one he is used to ? The other game has plenty of people with new appearances. Using his real name in a game doesn't make any sense ..there is no adavantages to it ...
Furthermore , only few people knows who "kirito" is .. and only those people would provide him with the information he seeks.

If hacking was a viable option ( to free people from the game ), people wouldn't have been stuck in SAO for 2 years ...

That's exactly what he is doing ... his current goal is to go the place the picture was taken to be sure that's her ..a thus prevent the sick guy plans ..it's not like he can just claim this out of the blue or have access to the ALO servers ...

Right .. Outside authority does exist in the SAO universe ... the reason why the helmets were allowed to be sold despite the risk will be explained in another arc ...
same as why t there hasn't been any attempt to save them from the game ( SAO ) in 2 freaking years

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Buriki is like one of the worst character designers working today. Horrid squished faces with Keyface-like eye distances and crescent moon mouths.

That's just like, your opinion, man.

Anyways, character designs are such a subjective matter that arguing about them is generally a waste of time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
1)
If hacking was a viable option ( to free people from the game ), people wouldn't have been stuck in SAO for 2 years ...

Given how this game is the worst coded shit ever, where Kirito is able to come in with super powers because it's literally recycling code from SAO, you'd think someone would be able to do some Sneakers-style shit on this game.

Given how this game is the worst coded shit ever, where Kirito is able to come in with super powers because it's literally recycling code from SAO, you'd think someone would be able to do some Sneakers-style shit on this game.

as i said there is a reason for that too ... this isn't a matter of why nobody could do that , but why nobody did anything.

He already has a picture of her in the new game, or at least enough of a picture to send warning signs to someone of the right authorities.

Lord knows why he didn't at least show Asuna's dad, oh yeah anime.

hasn't he plenty of time to do that after he checked out if it's true or not ?

The sickos main bad guy would just say :
"this is just the prize of the game i'm managing, i made her look like asuna because i love her so much "

Without more proof , he has nothing to show really ...

Stupid show is stupid. lol

I will look forward to the day when they will explain ( hopefully correctly ) the reasons just to see your reaction

Pooya

If there are really reasons for all of this in the LN and everything's planned reasonably there, SAO anime must be one of the worst adaptations I've ever seen

Jarmel

Banned
Haha. Maybe it's because I've already been through Planetes, but I find Akane to be the one that's more annoying. Go figure.

At least Akane doesn't talk about leaving her family, love. Episode 4 did somewhat redeem her but Tanabe definitely is highly irritating. I didn't find Akane that annoying frankly and Tanabe makes me want to airlock her. She talks about love about as much as Sayaka talks about justice.

I dropped Planetes because of her. And space Ninjas. But mostly her.

When I watched that episode I just sat staring at my monitor wondering what show I was watching and whether I was supposed to laugh.

cajunator

Banned
Chuunibyo 04

This show is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE.
Especially every time Yuuta smacks Rikka on the head. that little noise. HNNNNNNGH.
I must have watched those parts over and over a dozen times. can't help it.
It was also fun to see Nibutani's....other side. Kyo Ani, I don't know how you do it but you keep doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom