• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I have to read a manga/LN just to fill in the gaps the anime has kindly left out, then it's a shit adaptation (see Magi)
Except my point is that you don't have to read the source material. You can either connect the dots yourself or ignore them because they aren't critical to the story.

I haven't read the novels, fwiw.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Robotics; Notes - 03

Finally a good episode the entirety of which was dedicated to the robot tournament, and it worked pretty well. I'm starting to get used to the genki chick, although I hope she'll tone in down a bit in the future, and we finally got a glimpse of some serious shit going on in the background of the story, so we might actually get a worthy successor to Steins; Gate and not another Chaos; Head.
I didn't really want to make another negative post of impressions because I feel like that's all I've done lately, but I felt really weird about the episode. In terms of content it should be something I like. On a conceptual level these two building a tiny robot and fighting in a tournament seems cool, but the direction here seems really poor and it drags everything down.

The scenes that are supposed to be foreboding are just flat, cold, and boring. The scenes I'm supposed to be hyped up about like the kids walking out on stage to fight are underwhelming and have a lot of weak music carried over from the last scene that doesn't fit at all (or long stretches of silence). The soundtrack in general is pretty rotten really, and it doesn't help.

In many ways it feels like the show itself doesn't want to be at this point of the plot, and it rushes through events with little regard for building any of its content up or making it feel important to the larger story or the viewer.
Havent seen the episode yet but I think the anime is already more better than Steins;Gate, at least in characters, plot, setting, and atmosphere.
Gross.

Pooya

I'm not saying there is a threat as is for anyone in the game, but there could be if the dude wanted it to be, just to target Kirito and only him with what Kirito did.

1) Now here is a logical reason.. The bad guy knows about kirito ...but the bad guy is also confident that kirito can't do a thing , otherwise he wouldn't have dropped the act the second they were alone.
But unfortunatly this has nothing on the post i've quoted saying that the nervegear is now harmless..

Kirito can possibly free Asuna from the tree, isn't that the goal of the game? If he does it before that one week is over, he has every reason to stop him.
Maybe he's confident no one can do such thing, that's fair considering what they showed of others trying.

duckroll

And the suit too considering the dominator can still read as long it's reticule is pointing any part of your body.

No, he could shoot the guy once the helmet was partly disconnected when he smashed it. It must have some sort of jamming device on it.

I'm not saying there is a threat as is for anyone in the game, but there could be if the dude wanted it to be, just to target Kirito and only him with what Kirito did.
You're right ..but if he does..wouldn't this confirm the fact that asuna is indeed in the game ?
( something he can't prove at all so far )
Kirito can possibly free Asuna from the tree, isn't that the goal of the game? If he does it before that one week is over, he has every reason to stop him.
Maybe he's confident no one can do such thing, that's fair considering what they showed of others trying.

Again you're right on both questions ...
overconfidence mainly
.. for reasons i won't state because "spoilers"

So is Haganai worth watching?
I started the first episode one mornning but I passed out on my keyboard and woke up four hours later with killer leg cramps.
For the most part it's a pretty typical harem show, but out of the ones I've seen it's among one of the better ones. Basically the show is about a group of social misfits that form a club to try to make friends. So each episode they'll try out new things like playing MonHun with each other, playing dating sims, exchange phone numbers, etc. to practice for when they do get friends.
#TeamMeat
It has its highs and lows. I think anyone who enjoyed late-nineties "edgy and profane" cartoons should find something enjoyable out of it. It's a love letter to late-night non-sequitur animated comedies.

I only really remember liking the transformation sequence, but I'll probably end up watching it eventually.

Chuunibyou 4

Loved the
battle between Shinka and Sanae.
Especially how well it was animated. Would certainly love to see how KyoAni would handle a more action oriented series. Rikka continues to be adorable :).

Dekomori got a lot better in the last two episodes.
She's actually a fun character. Every bit as silly as Rikka.
Damn that show is really really fun.
I can see it selling very well too.

I can see it selling a lot of merchandise period...since I'll probably be buying a lot of it :D.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb - 03

eeUJe.png
dg7kq.png

Qm3PI.png
KpaXr.png

Gotta love Miyako and her free spirit.

Yuno participating in that earthquake simulator was hilarious.

And how many part-time jobs does that landlady have?! :lol

ZETSUEN NO TEMPEST - 04

Pretty nice episode ... the start of a very nice "friendship"..
This duo can't be underestimated :)
Can't wait for ep 5

Deadly

Chuunibyou 4
I enjoyed it more when Nibutani was the innocent girl type. But I guess that would have made her way too much like Mikuru

SDBurton

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb - 04

YunoxMiyako moment? Check.
NorixNazuna moment? Check.
NatsumexSae moment? Check.

Pool episode that provided the yuri!

I'm glad NorixNazuna is getting pushed more as I find the two of them to be adorable together.

Now if only Natsume could be so fortunate to have a tender moment with Sae! I had my fingers crossed that she would shout "Good luck!" to Sae before her competition started
but alas that unfortunately didn't happen.
They really need to do an episode/skit where Hiro finds out about Natsume's feelings for Sae so they can officially see each other as rivals. Having the two go at every time they see each other would be great.

We need to do a best Hidamari pairing brackett:

YunoxMiya
HiroxSae
NazunaxNori
YoshinoyaxKuwahara
NatsumexSae
YunoxThatOneGirlThatFoundHerCellphone
HiroxSaexNatsume (Harem Option)
YoshinoyaxPrincipal (Hetero Option)

You forgot LandladyxSae. YohinoyaxPrincipal is eww.

Dresden

chuuni - 04

Best episode so far.

ed3ZXl.jpg

• Fuck tiny hats.
  • She's wearing like three skirts.
  • It hurts like hell when the cat starts slipping and the claws come out.

K 04

I grown really fond of the samurai robots that inhibit this blue-tinted world.

Some movement in story, can't wait for the skateboarder to get smashed in the face again next episode.

Glad I'm not the only one that hates that skateboarder douche.

And yes, the robots are awesome. They're like more automated tachikomas.

/XX/

He's also unproven until he manages another team. Unless you were taking a jab at me for being a Barça fan when I don't even like those cunts.
Nah, it wasn't a jab... do you think I haven't seen enough of FootyGAF to know you are a fan of Club Deportivo Guadalajara? Coincidentally, I enjoyed their victory over Barça in past year's friendly... he, he, he... ahem, anyway, you even touted the 'clásico' match 'Chivas' VS. Club América on this very thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42942898&postcount=8744)!

I maybe have made around two posts tops in the seasonal official football thread (being this http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37267985&postcount=10440 the last one there I remember making), but I assure you I follow it closely. I have also seen other of your posts like the ones related to Mexico's national football team on the thread dedicated to the recently passed Olympics, for example... I check many other topics although I hardly post in them!

I simply found that description you made of Mourinho funny because it is exactly (even word by word) what many have been saying of Guardiola since his first moments as manager at 'La Masía' reserve teams (taking advantage of what his mentor Cruyff established there, and Rijkaard continued, to perpetuate their Total Football vision). And all this while they make out Mourinho to be the complete opposite calling him the better strategist of the two. Obviously, that kind of clear cut descriptions and simplifications are useless, as I see it.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Buriki is like one of the worst character designers working today. Horrid squished faces with Keyface-like eye distances and crescent moon mouths.

Say what you will, but Buriki is a very skilled artist. There are some stylistic choices I don't necessarily care for, such as the way the hands and faces look, but the pieces still come across beautifully. Unfortunately, I feel that Buriki was most likely sought after as an illustrator for images and light novels - rather than as a designer. Much of what make's Buriki's art so nice is lost in translation when the style is carried over to anime. You end up with most of the bad and none of the good.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Say what you will, but Buriki is a very skilled artist. There are some stylistic choices I don't necessarily care for, such as the way the hands and faces look, but the pieces still come across beautifully. Unfortunately, I feel that Buriki was most likely sought after as an illustrator for images and light novels - rather than as a designer. Much of what make's Buriki's art so nice is lost in translation when the style is carried over to anime. You end up with most of the bad and none of the good.

Considering Buriki designs have only showed up in two animes so far, I'd be hesitant to be that definitive about how well they work. They look splendid in Denpa Onna, and very unsplendid in Haganai.

SDBurton

They need to do a Love Hina-esque spin-off series starring Ladylady-san. It could be half romantic misunderstandings and falling face first into boobs, half part-time job hijinks.

It should also be a period where she's making a real effort to quit smoking. :lol

But you gotta admit, it was pretty cute when she made him the schoolboy outfit. ;)

Haha, true.

/XX/

「ジャイアントロボ THE ANIMATION ~ 地球が静止する日 ~」アルティメットBlu-ray BOXが届いたー♪:録画地獄:So-net blog
http://catalina.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2012-10-26-3

What a beauty! And remember it includes English dub, pals...

You were already inside, man.
Oh, my! What I missed here?

And this is why I don't skip pages in the thread, thanks /XX/.
My pleasure to help you!

Risette

A Good Citizen
「ジャイアントロボ THE ANIMATION ~ 地球が静止する日 ~」アルティメットBlu-ray BOXが届いたー♪:録画地獄:So-net blog
http://catalina.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2012-10-26-3

What a beauty! And remember it includes English dub, pals...
Is this the first anime series transferred in 4K?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom