• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was wondering why all of a sudden I had more options to build stuff.

I spend more time building settlements than actually playing the game.

So I just completed the
Institute
ending.
I just want to know if the others endings are that bad casualty-wise... Cuz i just destroyed the airship and the Railroad. I kinda wanted to leave them alive but it forced me to kill them to complete the ending (unless I got something wrong).
I'm about to do the Brotherhood ending then the Railroad ending. But I have a question: is there an ending with I'm not hostile with any of the 3 factions ? Because if there is none I might just do the quests for trophies and then reload an old save... I still need to do Deacon and Dance's quests (for their perk).

Feel free to spoil me btw :p

So I just completed the
Institute
ending.
I just want to know if the others endings are that bad casualty-wise... Cuz i just destroyed the airship and the Railroad. I kinda wanted to leave them alive but it forced me to kill them to complete the ending (unless I got something wrong).
I'm about to do the Brotherhood ending then the Railroad ending. But I have a question: is there an ending with I'm not hostile with any of the 3 factions ? Because if there is none I might just do the quests for trophies and then reload an old save... I still need to do Deacon and Dance's quests (for their perk).

There is a way to keep the Brotherhood and Railroad alive if you go with the Minutemen. Google it, I'm in bed and too lazy to find a link. :p

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
So I just completed the
Institute
ending.

Yes, but no.

There is a way to keep the Brotherhood and Railroad alive if you go with the Minutemen. Google it, I'm in bed and too lazy to find a link. :p

Yes, there is BUT you have to do many quests in a very specific order for it to work. Most people won't be able to pull it off AND it's probably a glitch since Bethesda probably couldn't account for every possibility.

Dead Man

So I just completed the
Institute
ending.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187261113&postcount=5659

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187021994&postcount=4716

Are what I will be referring to for my current play through.

Yes, there is BUT you have to do many quests in a very specific order for it to work. Most people won't be able to pull it off AND it's probably a glitch since Bethesda probably couldn't account for every possibility.

Actually, it's not a glitch. If you do it just right the characters actually acknowledge you beating the game with the Minutemen while still being friendly. So it was definitely put in there deliberately.

Actually, it's not a glitch. If you do it just right the characters actually acknowledge you beating the game with the Minutemen while still being friendly. So it was definitely put in there deliberately.

Just to make sure: What's the earliest point in the game where I can fuck up that peticular Minutemen ending? What Quest do I have to make a savepoint that I have to keep?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Major major tip.
My first playthrough I avoided using the cooking station.

BIG MISTAKE. Cooking animal parts give XP and some nice boosts and can be sold for a good amount of caps.

But the most important benefit is being able to create vegetable starch which is converted to adhesive out of corn, purified water, tato and mutfruit. All of which can be grown on settlements.

Seriously, don't ignore the cooking station.

Replicant

Just to make sure: What's the earliest point in the game where I can fuck up that peticular Minutemen ending? What Quest do I have to make a savepoint that I have to keep?

Reunion. It's the point where all Hell breaks loose.

You'd want to finish off all of the Brotherhood recon team (Danse, Haylen, Rhys) missions to save yourself some trouble.

Major major tip.

BIG MISTAKE. Cooking animal parts give XP and some nice boosts and can be sold for a good amount of caps.

But the most important benefit is being able to create vegetable starch which is converted to adhesive out of corn, purified water, tato and mutfruit. All of which can be grown on settlements.

Yep, vegetable starch is a godsend.

Recall

Major major tip.

You seem to have missed the most important part... The cooking station gives you the best buffed healing items in the game with little to no effort.

Major major tip.

I pick up any meat that I can find. You gain so much XP from it even more if you have idiot savant. And some of the stuff you can cook really has amazing bonuses. That Yoa Guai roast man

Praise be to our lord and savior, the Grilled Radstag. For when you're already carrying way too much, but still need to carry more.
Also this. Life saver.

At 98% happiness at The Castle. Arrow is still pointing up. I've got 17 level 3 shops (mostly clinics, bars, and tailors), a bunch of TVs and paintings around. I walk around and then ring the bell. It seemed to increase by 3% every half hour but since 95% it seems to only increase by 1% every half hour.

Is there anything I can do to push it over the edge?

At 98% happiness at The Castle. Arrow is still pointing up. I've got 17 level 3 shops (mostly clinics, bars, and tailors), a bunch of TVs and paintings around. I walk around and then ring the bell. It seemed to increase by 3% every half hour but since 95% it seems to only increase by 1% every half hour.

Is there anything I can do to push it over the edge?

No at the end it can only rise up 1% every time. You just need to wait a lot and stay in the castle until it hits 99% and then 100% after that.

Icefire1424

Grilled Radstag. Seriously never leave home without it. Used to always carry around a couple bottles of booze to up my Strength a bit whenever I needed to carry some extra crap, but ended up getting addicted to alcohol. Figures.

I still haven't got the 100%, although a lot of my settlements are in the low 90s.

The highest I've gotten was 99% on Spectacle Island but it dropped and now sits at 90%, I went there and was asked by one of my 20 odd dwellers "Your not a synth spying on me are ya?" does this mean I have an infiltrated synth in my settlement?

You seem to have missed the most important part... The cooking station gives you the best buffed healing items in the game with little to no effort.
Also this, I never bothered with medic.

I really hope bethesda patches ammo prices or something, scrounger doesn't affect shotgun shells or energy ammo for some reason and even with 10 charisma (partially from clothing) ammo is like 8 caps a piece. Should I invest in the perk that gives better barter prices?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I do hope that once mods come to console that ballistic weave can be added to anything. Particularly the very sexy vault 81 jumpsuit and road leathers

Man, I need to get some more steel for my settlements. I build 'em up so much that I'm constantly on the verge of running out. It hasn't happened yet, but if I found another settlement I'm royally boned.

I'm gonna have to start getting resources for reconstructing the Castle, too. Preston has been wanting me to take it back for nearly a week now.

Playing on PC. Is there any way to edit my current carry weight. Not my maximum carry weight. it says I'm carrying way more then I am. It effects stealth I'm sure so it's just a slight annoyance.

Chris R

Just finished this tonight, very disappointing for me since I just played 3 and NV last year and enjoyed them (3 more than NV).

The gunplay is so good, but they that that giant leap forward and throw everything else that made fallout good out the window.

No grey areas, just static paths to follow for the quest lines, the total lack of a good dialog system, ect. The crafting and settlement stuff I'm neutral on since it isn't forced, but you can't bypass the terrible dialog system.

françois

So I haven't beaten the game would the upcoming robot DLC break my game?

Or would it enhance i??

Hard to say at this point. It could definitely be game breaking. You only need to be level 15 to start with the DLC. They've only just sent out beta access for the DLC so not much is known just yet as to how strong they'll be.

Replicant

So I haven't beaten the game would the upcoming robot DLC break my game?

Or would it enhance i??

Your average Automatron can kill your Level 50 characters if you're not careful. They break easily though unless they are named characters (ie. KLEO, Codsworth). Speaking of, Codsworth is an awesome tank companion for first starting character.

So yeah, I'll say it'll break your game a bit unless you play in Survival mode.

Debating to start my second play through or not. Would be melee/pistol (or shotgun) only. Power armor heavy run too.
I was going to do a stealth assassin build for my Railroad playthrough. I did straight Power Armor powerhouse for my Institute/Minuteman and Brotherhood playthroughs.

Is there a Chinese stealth suit in the game at all?

The majority of legendary weapons I've found this playthrough are useless melee weapons I never use, or armor pieces I have no use for.

I like the idea, but I wish they'd gone with more fixed loot locations.

And right as I type that, I find one of these.

McU2fTA.jpg

Top Bottom