• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

I was able to finish the quest at Kells after I did the Fort Strong quest. Thank god.

So I was thinking about setteling down in Covenant
I killed everyone there.

Anybody got any experiences with this place as a settlement. It's kind of unique and I think there might be some problems with it.
Yeah I had a settlement there. The turrets on the walls will attack you so that's annoying, I love the idea of the thick walls with barbed wire and the one entrance protecting the settlement but I had to destroy the turrets and couldn't get new ones up in place (I didn't try too hard though)

Not sure if it's been patched

Yeah I had a settlement there. The turrets on the walls will attack you so that's annoying, I love the idea of the thick walls with barbed wire and the one entrance protecting the settlement but I had to destroy the turrets and couldn't get new ones up in place (I didn't try too hard though)

Not sure if it's been patched

Yeah. The destroyed turrents are still burning and smoking. This is pretty annoying. Also the blood (haven't checked if it's still there though).
Also it is kind of annoying that most items and beds are those of strangers. I guess that doesn't change though. Probably have to get rid of all that stuff.

Depends on wether you favor single shot or automatic. I'd choose the one you put more perks into.

As for INT. If you already have the INT bobble head then you could use one point for INT but I don't think that one point would change that much.
yeah I currently have 9 int with the bobble head

And just assuming the perks were equal, which one benefits more from the legendary mod? Currently all my points are in semi auto rifles so I have 0 in pistols and in automatic weapons

CaptainKashup

Neo Member
Mh, yeh. Since the Official "Post Your Character" Thread has been dead for months, I thought I could post it here.

After hours and hours of fiddeling with mods and such, I'm finally prepared to do my first real run of this game with this guy.

1457283776-outtaofthevault.jpg

Sorry if it isn't the place !

I currently loot locked a LvL 21 raider when fast traveling into Oberland Station. I was also farming a loot locked 31 raider in the basement of DD Tech School for hours.

Having a hard time finding a LvL 15 ledgendary to further limit the loot pool.

Have you gotten one from Desdemona? they don't start dropping from legendary enemies until then apparently.

And just assuming the perks were equal, which one benefits more from the legendary mod? Currently all my points are in semi auto rifles so I have 0 in pistols and in automatic weapons

Two shot is worthless on weapons with low base damage due to the way damage is calculated for each bullet. A single shot version of a pistol will do more damage than a two-shot.

I was able to finish the quest at Kells after I did the Fort Strong quest. Thank god.

So I was thinking about setteling down in Covenant
I killed everyone there.

Anybody got any experiences with this place as a settlement. It's kind of unique and I think there might be some problems with it.
I thought it would be a favorite with the walls and all but it seems so small and there's not a lot of room at all. Ended up making a staircase to make another small building in the air for beds.

Also, just finished defending the Castle on Survivor. Holy hell was that annoying. I kept getting blown up or killed when I would be at 70% or higher defended.

I thought it would be a favorite with the walls and all but it seems so small and there's not a lot of room at all. Ended up making a staircase to make another small building in the air for beds.

Also, just finished defending the Castle on Survivor. Holy hell was that annoying. I kept getting blown up or killed when I would be at 70% or higher defended.

Yeah it's quite small. But I think I will use it as my own homebase. I think I'll just get some of my favorite companions there and we live there in some nice luxurious houses :p
I need to change my hub from red rocket and covenant is also quite in the centre of the map

As for defending the castle. I didn't have that quest on my first playthrough. Any idea why I didn't trigger that quest. What did I do wrong?

Also that rich guy Mortimer trying to get me killed. That's cute

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Does the Boston airport not let you plant foods or put up a recruitment tower? It's not showing up in my options.

You have to get banished from the Institute and then complete Form Ranks to make the institute feel threatened enough to attack the Castle.

So I need to hand the holotape to sturges and just have to pay attention to fuck with the institute before it's to late. Sounds easy.

So I moved all my stuff to Covenant. Took a while. But I'm glad that I'm out of Red Rocket. Got kind of boring and the super mutants were pretty annoying.

is there a way to send companions back to their original place (e.g. Piper to her home in Diamond City)

Does the Boston airport not let you plant foods or put up a recruitment tower? It's not showing up in my options.

Boston Airport should only be used as a provisioner Hub. Or not built up at all if you intend on turning the Brotherhood hostile. You loose control of the airport if you turn on the brotherhood.

Boston Airport =
No Crops- Completely supported by other settlements
Just enough space for 10 spigots to generate 30 water
No Stores
No Recruitment Beacon- You have to recruit at other settlements then send the settlers to the Boston Airport. I recommend Nordhagen Beach because of how close it is to the airport.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Any reason why my happiness keeps going down in various places? I just joined the brotherhood and my settlements meet every requirements to keep people happy but for some reason a few of them keeps having happiness lowered and I can't figure out the cause.

Replicant

Yeah it's quite small. But I think I will use it as my own homebase. I think I'll just get some of my favorite companions there and we live there in some nice luxurious houses :p
I need to change my hub from red rocket and covenant is also quite in the centre of the map

As for defending the castle. I didn't have that quest on my first playthrough. Any idea why I didn't trigger that quest. What did I do wrong?

* You need to go with Minutemen when doing "The Molecular Level" so you get "The Inside Job".
* Don't forget to backstab the Institute by inserting the holotape Sturges gave you to their computer and download the data.
* Give the tape back to Sturges. Regardless of what happens afterwards (ie. Maxson may asks you for the tape), as long as Sturges have had a chance to access it (he'll make a copy for himself), you're good. Institute will see the Minutemen as a threat.
* Get yourself banished from the Institute either by killing someone there or by coming clean to Father about your disapproval of him post "Battle of Bunker Hills"
* "Banished from the Institute" should come out as a result and it'll lead to "Burning Cover" (if you're doing underground cover for Railroad), which leads Desdemona asking you to use Minutemen instead.
* If you already have 8 settlements, you don't need to do "Form Ranks". I didn't.
* Either way, you need to talk to Preston to initiate "Defend the Castle".
* Defend the Castle.

Any reason why my happiness keeps going down in various places? I just joined the brotherhood and my settlements meet every requirements to keep people happy but for some reason a few of them keeps having happiness lowered and I can't figure out the cause.

If none of the numbers (food/water/bed/electricity) are red then it's likely that you have Synth Infiltrator in your settlement.

your settlement's happiness tops out 85% naturally by meeting requirements and fluctuates between 85 and 75

I deliberately keep my settlement defense low (usually at 0%), as Ive heard attacks occur more frequently because of that. I always try to maximize combat opportunities, now I am the the end game/post story stage. I could see settlement attacks being an annoyance for players still focusing on other parts of the game.

BizzyBum

My last achievements before the DLC is getting a settlement to 100%. I haven't played as much recently so there was a patch to make this easier, correct? Is there now a quick and surefire way to get this I can follow?

My last achievements before the DLC is getting a settlement to 100%. I haven't played as much recently so there was a patch to make this easier, correct? Is there now a quick and surefire way to get this I can follow?

The patch shouldn't have influenced this trophy

However it is pretty easy.
Use this
https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutset...out_4_benevolent_leader_trophy_fast_and_easy/
and as soon as the happiness rises sleep for 47hrs. Wait until it rises again and sleep again 47hrs and so on.
Should take less than 1 hour I would say (also depends on what your happiness is currently at red rocket)

Having a difficult time finding a straight answer to this. Just trying to figure out how far I am from the storyline's end.

I just finished the following:

Teleported into the Institute after using the Minutemen to help build the Signal Interceptor. I loaded the data onto the holotape as Sturges asked, and then proceeded to speak with Father and the other Institute division leaders.

I've completed this and am ready to return to Sanctuary to give Sturges the data and then later deliver Virgil his serum. How far am I from the end of the main storyline?

* You need to go with Minutemen when doing "The Molecular Level" so you get "The Inside Job".
* Don't forget to backstab the Institute by inserting the holotape Sturges gave you to their computer and download the data.
* Give the tape back to Sturges. Regardless of what happens afterwards (ie. Maxson may asks you for the tape), as long as Sturges have had a chance to access it (he'll make a copy for himself), you're good. Institute will see the Minutemen as a threat.
* Get yourself banished from the Institute either by killing someone there or by coming clean to Father about your disapproval of him post "Battle of Bunker Hills"
* "Banished from the Institute" should come out as a result and it'll lead to "Burning Cover" (if you're doing underground cover for Railroad), which leads Desdemona asking you to use Minutemen instead.
* If you already have 8 settlements, you don't need to do "Form Ranks". I didn't.
* Either way, you need to talk to Preston to initiate "Defend the Castle".
* Defend the Castle.
So I just fucked up by not getting banished. Guess I'm going to piss off Father then.

Any news on when the new Survival mode drops?

No but I hope (and think) it will drop with the first DLC

Having a difficult time finding a straight answer to this. Just trying to figure out how far I am from the storyline's end.

I just finished the following:

Teleported into the Institute after using the Minutemen to help build the Signal Interceptor. I loaded the data onto the holotape as Sturges asked, and then proceeded to speak with Father and the other Institute division leaders.

I've completed this and am ready to return to Sanctuary to give Sturges the data and then later deliver Virgil his serum. How far am I from the end of the main storyline?

Depends on how many missions for the factions you want to do, and i am assuming you want to take on the institute with the minutemen. So that depends on how you get banished from the institute. You could be really close, or aways away from the end.

Depends on how many missions for the factions you want to do, and i am assuming you want to take on the institute with the minutemen. So that depends on how you get banished from the institute. You could be really close, or aways away from the end.

Thanks for the response. I'll reply in spoiler tags just in case:

I kind of just wanted to power through the main storyline first and then do some wandering/exploring afterwards or start up a new save where I more fully explore each faction's offerings. The relative urgency of the overarching plot is somewhat distracting when I'd rather just go around and do whatever I want. For that reason I really just wanted to get it out of the way the first time through.

Replicant

So I just fucked up by not getting banished. Guess I'm going to piss off Father then.

I forgot to say that in order to have a chance to talk to Father on the top of C.I.T ruin, you have to completely fucked "The Battle of Bunker Hill" for him by tipping the winning scale towards the Railroad by:

* making the Railroad (and Brotherhood if you want more fun) aware of this impending attack
* Killing the Courser
* setting the 4 runaway Synths free (don't do anything to them)

If you are allied with everyone, you don't have to kill anyone except the courser and a few turrets when you get there. They'll fight against each other and you are free to pick up the scrapings later.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
How can I figure out who the synths are in my settlement? Are they supposed to have something if I pickpocket them? My happiness is like 20 and going lower in some places but there is no indication of anyone being unhappy and none of my settlement stats are red ever.

Replicant

How can I figure out who the synths are in my settlement? Are they supposed to have something if I pickpocket them? My happiness is like 20 and going lower in some places but there is no indication of anyone being unhappy and none of my settlement stats are red ever.

They have Synth Component in them. But I don't see how you can see that until you've killed them. Just save, kill all, find which one has Synth Component then reset and just kill the Synth or exile them elsewhere.

I always wonder if a settlement full of nothing but Synth Infiltrator will have really low happiness or high happiness. And will they still try to sabotage resources? Lol

Replicant

Don't they have a default energy resistance if you look at them in VATS with that one perk?

That's rather hard to figure out, especially if they wear one of those yellow hats or other suits with energy resistance. Unless you strip them down then scan, I don't think you can be sure.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah so I killed all settlers in certain settlements and I still can't find any synth components. If there is an up arrow next to happiness does that mean it's in good standing?

Replicant

Yeah so I killed all settlers in certain settlements and I still can't find any synth components. If there is an up arrow next to happiness does that mean it's in good standing?

Yeah, it is. If there is one, you'd have find it by now. I had one and the minute I got rid of him, my happiness jumped from 90% (and going downward) to 95%. It really shocked me because I didn't believe about the whole Synth Infiltrator being a part of the game before this.

It's weird that your happiness went down to 20% though. I rarely around my settlements but they always hover around 80%. I just make sure the amount of food/water/electricity/bed/security exceeded the amount that are required by the settlers. Also, try assigning beds to settlers since that lessens the likelihood that they feel that there's not enough bed (had this happened to me). Check your turrets that they don't need to be fixed. Check your crops to make sure some of them didn't die during attacks, etc.

If your settlements meet the food, water, bed and security requirements your happiness should fluctuate between 85 and 75.

MayMay

Banned
Question about PC version:

Amazon has this game for sale, but it's the PC boxed version. It's 50% off http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YQ2MM2M?keywords=fallout%204%20pc&qid=1457390234&ref_=sr_1_1&s=videogames&sr=1-1

My question is does a steam key come inside of the box? In the description, it briefly states Steam is needed to activate it, but just want to be sure I can redeem it on Steam since I already have the season pass on that platform.

If its anything like Skyrim the code will be on a sticker inside the box. And because every version of FO4 has to be activated on Steam it's going to be the same thing here

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Question --

So is "Institutionalized" really the last story mission? That's according to what I read on US Gamer, but I just finished it and didn't really feel like the game had any closure. Now The Father wants me to go kill a synth? I'm confused. Could someone tell me how much more of the main story there is, hopefully without spoiling too much beyond where I'm at?

GHG

I picked this up yesterday and installed a load of mods to make it look pretty but I don't understand one thing....

Why am I still vulnerable to radstorms even when I'm standing inside a building? And why does it rain when I'm inside? I just don't understand...

Replicant

I picked this up yesterday and installed a load of mods to make it look pretty but I don't understand one thing....

Why am I still vulnerable to radstorms even when I'm standing inside a building? And why does it rain when I'm inside? I just don't understand...

Bethesda being lazy?

They want the characters to look wet when it rains and for power armor to show splashes of rain on the helmet when it rains.

But they couldn't be bothered to turn that off when the person is inside a building. And for that matter, couldn't be bothered to implement 'no rain' area inside a building.

Question --

So is "Institutionalized" really the last story mission? That's according to what I read on US Gamer, but I just finished it and didn't really feel like the game had any closure. Now The Father wants me to go kill a synth? I'm confused. Could someone tell me how much more of the main story there is, hopefully without spoiling too much beyond where I'm at?

Institutionalized is the start of Act 3, and Act 3 can be longest or the shortest act depending on how you play.

If you don't see a load screen you ain't inside.

GHG

Bethesda being lazy?

They want the characters to look wet when it rains and for power armor to show splashes of rain on the helmet when it rains.

But they couldn't be bothered to turn that off when the person is inside a building. And for that matter, couldn't be bothered to implement 'no rain' area inside a building.

If you don't see a load screen you ain't inside.

That's just ridiculous. It's 2016 FFS and they haven't sorted this shit out.

I'd just exited the vault and was scavenging around the town they used to live in and a radstorm hit so I ran inside. Couldn't figure out if it was something wrong/conflicting with one of my mods but it turns out that's just how the game is designed... Sigh.

The creation kit can't come out soon enough so that someone can fix this.

At least it doesn't actually rain inside structures anymore. That shit still happened in Skyrim even.

Radstorms are annoying though, yeah. I usually just pop a Rad-X when it starts and a RadAway when it's over.

At least it doesn't actually rain inside structures anymore. That shit still happened in Skyrim even.

Radstorms are annoying though, yeah. I usually just pop a Rad-X when it starts and a RadAway when it's over.

I mostly waited/slept for 2 hours when I saw one about to start. Unless I was in power armour at the time that is.

I forgot to say that in order to have a chance to talk to Father on the top of C.I.T ruin, you have to completely fucked "The Battle of Bunker Hill" for him by tipping the winning scale towards the Railroad by:

* making the Railroad (and Brotherhood if you want more fun) aware of this impending attack
* Killing the Courser
* setting the 4 runaway Synths free (don't do anything to them)

If you are allied with everyone, you don't have to kill anyone except the courser and a few turrets when you get there. They'll fight against each other and you are free to pick up the scrapings later.

I actually had that. I told everybody about Bunker Hill (wich made it kind of stupid since nobody attacked me but everybody was fighting). I freed the synth for the railroad.
I had the conversation with father on top of the CIT but I didn't got banished and continued working for the institue and everybody else from there.
Guess I convinced him not to fire me :D

What? Radstorms hardly give you any radiation. I get more radiation from stepping into water for 2sec or getting hit by a ghoul. I don't give a shit about the radiation from radstorms. Plus they look extremely rad!

Eh, sorry for dp!

What? Radstorms hardly give you any radiation. I get more radiation from stepping into water for 2sec or getting hit by a ghoul. I don't give a shit about the radiation from radstorms. Plus they look extremely rad!

Eh, sorry for dp!

I didn't mean annoying in the sense of "oh my god they're going to kill me".

Top Bottom