• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

TyrantII

Ugh, PSA: if you update to 1.04 or whatever the current patch is, the game actually ties the patch to your save data from here on forward. So even if you delete your game and re-install it, the save data will not work without the recent patch.

Thankfully most of my save data barring the last 2 are not tied to the recent patch. Probably only relevant to console players though since PC players can mod all they want.

Saves made on 1.03 and earlier still work. So don't do anything in 1.04 if you have a recent 1.03 save. Back em up as well!

Also, the Dogmeat glitch still works on 1.04, but only for apparel (including power armor pieces). It won't work for any other item.

they really should allow the duplicating trick being that they have no way for us to go and get more wood and steel once its all used up.

Start foraging for mops and cans wastelander!

First time I bought a Season Pass, it's kinda neat to just waiting for the DLC instead of wondering about buying it at all (I guess that's the point behind them :p but considering the content I got from the main game I don't mind).

Though I won't touch any of the new content until they patch in their new Survivor mode.

StereoVsn

Itching to play this, but I think I'm going to wait for the new Survivor mode too.
Waiting for creation kit. Bunch of Mods are out of date and a lot of mod creators are waiting for it as well (PC here). That said Survival will also be nice as long as food/drink rates are not crazy.

Do you think we could see a Fallout 5 in two years? NV came out two years after 3, the engine is ready and assets are made for current consoles. Theoretically a second Fallout for the same generation should be able to be made faster.

What else is there to do after beating the game?

Come on, I don't know how much sidecontent you did in your playthrough but the game is set up that you wouldn't even visit large parts of the map if you stick close to the main story and even the majority of quests.

Do you think we could see a Fallout 5 in two years? NV came out two years after 3, the engine is ready and assets are made for current consoles. Theoretically a second Fallout for the same generation should be able to be made faster.

I would argue that the engine is not ready and that the assets were made for the previous consoles...

BizzyBum

It's possible, but I'd rather have Elder Scrolls VI for this gen then hold off Fallout 5 for next gen, but that probably won't happen.

Replicant

I hope so. I'm not into the dungeons and dragons / medieval stuff so Dragon Age / Elder's Scrolls/Witcher 3 kind of world do not interest me. But something along Fallout or space-opera like Mass Effect would interest me.

There won't be another fallout game before the next elder scrolls. Maybe they will let another developer do the next non numbered fallout like they did with obsidian and new vegas

Dead Man

I hope so. I'm not into the dungeons and dragons / medieval stuff so Dragon Age / Elder's Scrolls/Witcher 3 kind of world do not interest me. But something along Fallout or space-opera like Mass Effect would interest me.

I enjoy ES, but FO is my real Bethsoft addiction. Hope we get another take by a different dev like last time.

Edit: My game just updated and a new quest started. I guess it's time.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Come on, I don't know how much sidecontent you did in your playthrough but the game is set up that you wouldn't even visit large parts of the map if you stick close to the main story and even the majority of quests.

I explored the whole map before I even did the main story.

BizzyBum

I explored the whole map before I even did the main story.

It basically comes down to how much you enjoy building settlements and how much of a completionist you are.

Getting all the achievements (playing all 4 faction missions), clearing every location on the map, max affinity with every companion, finding all the magazines, farming legendaries.

Can't believe NA has to wait for 1 PM ET tomorrow for it on PSN. 11 AM here but that still sucks. Guess I'll play The Division until the server reset.

thenexus6

I put the game on yesterday after not touching it since December. I started the USS Constitution quest but man the game performance was so chopping and sluggish.. The missions glitched (couldn't talk to the captain) then I randomly failed it for no reason so I just turned the game off.

I will give new DLC a go but really have zero interest really playing this game much anymore.

Just finished the Dlc on steam. Was pretty fun couple of hours. I liked it and had some fun creating robot companions. The story was interesting as well. I only beat the main quest and haven't done any of the side stuff yet.

JoeNut

Just finished the Dlc on steam. Was pretty fun couple of hours. I liked it and had some fun creating robot companions. The story was interesting as well. I only beat the main quest and haven't done any of the side stuff yet.

is it worth keeping the companions? do they offer more than Nick or whoever?

Recall

How long did it take you?

4 hours.

I was already level 58 and had finished everything else in the game so I just focused on the DLC but didn't rush through the last dungeon of the quest.

You get some great gear. Assaultron head as a powerful laser rifle which I randomly found was cool. Irradiates you but does massive damage.

Dead Man

Just finished it. A bit underwhelming mission wise. The automatons are pretty cool, but most of the quests just follow the 'go to x, destroy all enemies' formula. The end could have been interesting, but it just sort of wasn't. Not sure if that was because of my dialogue choices.

Hope the next DLC has a bit more depth to it.

Recall

Just finished it. A bit underwhelming mission wise. The automatons are pretty cool, but most of the quests just follow the 'go to x, destroy all enemies' formula. The end could have been interesting, but it just sort of wasn't. Not sure if that was because of my dialogue choices.

Hope the next DLC has a bit more depth to it.

It had the same amount of depth as the main game... Kill everything, not much in way of choice.

I found the enemies to be quite challenging, most were level 52+

Top Bottom