• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Doc_Drop

This okay to use on existing saves?

As far as I'm aware it'd be ok, but it'd be worth checking the mod notes just in-case. It might be more likely difficult reverting back after installing it, but given it's not mod specific content and merely probability and spawning manipulation like the legendary enemy spawning I imagine it will be fine. I've not had any issues

So I just died fighting some raiders which is strange since I haven't died in ages. Thought I maybe didn't pay attention to my health or whatever. I was kind of pissed since I lost about 20min progress and I found a nice legendary machete on the way.
Did it again and got killed again by the same guy. I watched my health bar and just saw it dropping rapidly.
Finally after I killed him at the 3rd attempt I saw that he had this

woSefr0.jpg

So jeah, no wonder.
So now I got two submachine guns that are way OP haha.

Bonus: I wanna be that guy!
xA9uXk3.jpg

daninthemix

Now that i've started modding I just can't get enough...

- infinite settlement size
- infinite ammo for companions, so it's practical for them to actually use high quality weapons
- easy hacking + lockpicking, now that I'm bored of those minigames
- more armour modding, so I can put ballistic weave on anything and do fashion souls for me + companions
- stackable concrete foundations
- bullet time

Edit: kitted Piper out with road leathers and a miltia hat (both with Bl. Weave lv5) and a fully upgraded suppressed assault rifle and she basically cleared Corvega by herself.

Ok I got a few questions.

Is there any way how to see if tries are reset or a dud removed while hacking? Or is this random generated

How long is the duration of alcoholic drinks?
I looked at the party girl skill and it seems actually to be quite usefull. I don't need intelligence anyway and even lowering would be cool for idiot savant. So if the duration of alcohol is quite long I might consider becoming an alcoholic

Also how long is the window of idiot savant rank 3 in which you get more xp from kills after the perk was triggered?

Doc_Drop

Ok I got a few questions.

Is there any way how to see if tries are reset or a dud removed while hacking? Or is this random generated

I can only comment on this, but what exactly do you mean? When you clear out a code entry like: () [ ] etc it will say on the right hand side what the effect was and at the top is your amount of tries left

I can only comment on this, but what exactly do you mean? When you clear out a code entry like: () [ ] etc it will say on the right hand side what the effect was and at the top is your amount of tries left

I would like to know beforehand if click something like () if it will remove a dud or reset my tries. It's a little annoying if it resets your retries even if you still have all tries.

Doc_Drop

I would like to know beforehand if click something like () if it will remove a dud or reset my tries. It's a little annoying if it resets your retries even if you still have all tries.

No, he means if you can predict beforehand. You can't.

Gotcha, yeh maybe in a mod later I guess. I often find that if you get all the ()'s (etc) that you may only have 1 or 2 options at the end and from there it's quite a simple word game

No, he means if you can predict beforehand. You can't.

I already thought this might be the case.

Gotcha, yeh maybe in a mod later I guess. I often find that if you get all the ()'s (etc) that you may only have 1 or 2 options at the end and from there it's quite a simple word game

Yeah sometimes there are a lot so that you can't even fail even if you wanted and sometimes there are only a few.
The funny thing about this is that I only found out about this in my second playthrough. Didn't bother with it at all the first 130hrs :D

Doc_Drop

Yeah sometimes there are a lot so that you can't even fail even if you wanted and sometimes there are only a few.
The funny thing about this is that I only found out about this in my second playthrough. Didn't bother with it at all the first 130hrs :D

I remember watching a mate play Fallout NV when he got to his first terminal and he didn't quite get the mini-game so basically decided to ignore them throughout. It's odd, as I found them quite easy from the start

The majority of legendary weapons I've found this playthrough are useless melee weapons I never use, or armor pieces I have no use for.

I like the idea, but I wish they'd gone with more fixed loot locations.

And right as I type that, I find one of these.

McU2fTA.jpg

My first play through I pretty quickly got a legendary weapon that really complemented my build, it was magic. I've since started a new game and so far I've only gotten junk. Would have definitely liked some decent fixed loot.

After 3 days and 9 hours of game time I've finally arrive at the Institute.

congrats.
I recommend to everybody to wait as long as possible to enter the institute. It's just a so much better experience when you spent so much time in the commonwealth with it's citizens and hear all the rumors about the institue and find out what is going on up there before you get to the institute.

Lucreto

Getting to 100% happiness in a settlement is going to kill me,

I started out at 80% and I added a few turrets to get defence to 110. I have 17 settlers, 48 food, 52 water and 3 clinics.

I went and did the Asylum and when I got back it was 50%.

Getting to 100% happiness in a settlement is going to kill me,

I started out at 80% and I added a few turrets to get defence to 110. I have 17 settlers, 48 food, 52 water and 3 clinics.

I went and did the Asylum and when I got back it was 50%.
You can never leave. Ever. Build 16 level 3 shops split between clinics and bars. Make sure you've got a supply line with excess food coming into your settlement. Assign all of your settlers to the shops.

Make sure the size bar is almost filled or the trophy won't pop.

Build TVs, rugs, and paintings. Make sure there is a surplus of beds and they are all inside structures with a roof and doors.

If you have a junkyard dog send it to the settlement. If you have Bunker Hill then build a caravan outpost in your settlement. Stay there. Once you see the arrow go up just leave the game on for 8-12 real hours.

françois

Didn't they say something along the lines of that they were going to fix that achievement? When's that happening?
I did it 2 months ago with the red rocket trick and it was one of the worst achievements I've done in a while, but it was the last before getting my plat.

françois;198516312 said:
Didn't they say something along the lines of that they were going to fix that achievement? When's that happening?
I did it 2 months ago with the red rocket trick and it was one of the worst achievements I've done in a while, but it was the last before getting my plat.
It was supposed to already happen, and maybe they did make it easier. But how I outlined above got me there in about 8 real hours.

cordy

Banned
One of the only games I've gotten a Platinum trophy for, love it.

Look forward to the DLC. By far the hardest part for me was actually getting the max in settlement happiness. Once I got that I didn't even do any other things with settlements.

Lucreto

You can never leave. Ever. Build 16 level 3 shops split between clinics and bars. Make sure you've got a supply line with excess food coming into your settlement. Assign all of your settlers to the shops.

Make sure the size bar is almost filled or the trophy won't pop.

Build TVs, rugs, and paintings. Make sure there is a surplus of beds and they are all inside structures with a roof and doors.

If you have a junkyard dog send it to the settlement. If you have Bunker Hill then build a caravan outpost in your settlement. Stay there. Once you see the arrow go up just leave the game on for 8-12 real hours.

Thanks for the tips, I got the trophy after 4 hours. I did the clinics and bars tip and added the door to my building. I didn't need to set up a supply line or build TVs or rugs. I left it to run while I watched a few episodes of Arrow.

valkyre

I just bought Fallout 4 Season Pass for free. The store has it listed as free, this has to be a mistake so everyone if you are quick you may get it.

I am from Europe so I dont know if this applies to other regions as well.

I just bought Fallout 4 Season Pass for free. The store has it listed as free, this has to be a mistake so everyone if you are quick you may get it.

I'm not convinced this isn't just a misnamed static theme. Guess we will see and no harm in trying etc. Thanks for the heads up.

JoeNut

what the hell i will be pissed if this is true when i've just paid £30 or whatever for it a couple of weeks ago

sep

Just did the same, let's see

Somebody fucked up pretty bad if true.
Funny that I don't feel bad about this. I payed 30 bucks for it but I feel like it's worth it. This game gave me so much fun so far I'm willing to give them every penny they deserve

valkyre

Looks like they corrected the mistake... another friend just tried to buy it and he got a message that he is not eligible for this purchase. So yeah... Weird thing is it is still showing as "free" on the store.

Sande

Finally found the motivation to finish the main story after months of not touching the game. All I can say is: meh. I don't feel like they gave enough of a reason to pick any specific faction, all of them just keep spouting about being best for the Commonwealth. It's like Bethesda wanted the decision to be as difficult as possible so it kind of became a meaningless one.

And whatever you choose, the ending is just the same vague canned cutscene. Wow.

Replicant

Ugh, PSA: if you update to 1.04 or whatever the current patch is, the game actually ties the patch to your save data from here on forward. So even if you delete your game and re-install it, the save data will not work without the recent patch.

Thankfully most of my save data barring the last 2 are not tied to the recent patch. Probably only relevant to console players though since PC players can mod all they want.

N° 2048

It's been like that for most games on consoles for a while though I thought. A lot of games even warn you that going downgrading won't work when you load an old version save.

Replicant

It's been like that for most games on consoles for a while though I thought. A lot of games even warn you that going downgrading won't work when you load an old version save.

Yeah, but Fallout 4 has been a bit easy on this regard. Prior to this, we could do the duplicating trick as long as we used the old version of the game. With this change, unless you have an old save that wasn't tied to the new patch, you will no longer be able to do the duplicating trick. Which sucks for console owners since PC owners are not tied to this kind of limitation and can build all sorts of settlements to their hearts' content.

Ah well, I'll make sure I have enough stuff to build to last a life time even after I'm bored with the game before updating to this patch.

Yeah, but Fallout 4 has been a bit easy on this regard. Prior to this, we could do the duplicating trick as long as we used the old version of the game. With this change, unless you have an old save that wasn't tied to the new patch, you will no longer be able to do the duplicating trick. Which sucks for console owners since PC owners are not tied to this kind of limitation and can build all sorts of settlements to their hearts' content.

Ah well, I'll make sure I have enough stuff to build to last a life time even after I'm bored with the game before updating to this patch.

they really should allow the duplicating trick being that they have no way for us to go and get more wood and steel once its all used up.

Replicant

they really should allow the duplicating trick being that they have no way for us to go and get more wood and steel once its all used up.

Tell me about it. My 1st character will have little to no problem since he's set for life. But my 2nd character, which I made for the Institute/Railroad/Brotherhood path is suffering since I can't seem to find enough junk to build and she doesn't have enough money yet to buy anything.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Are endings all the same with slight differences and does the game still continue after beating it?
I took the choice of pissing off the brotherhood and sticking with the railroad.

Are endings all the same with slight differences and does the game still continue after beating it?
I took the choice of pissing off the brotherhood and sticking with the railroad.

Yeah, pretty much. Only differences are in possible end-game states. Whether you have access to certain places
or if those places even exist anymore

Top Bottom