• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 |OT2| Farming Simulator 2287

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Institutionalized is the start of Act 3, and Act 3 can be longest or the shortest act depending on how you play.
Got it, thanks for the heads up!

I think USGamers wording may have been misleading -- it's the start of the final ACT, not nessecarily the final mission.

Replicant

I actually had that. I told everybody about Bunker Hill (wich made it kind of stupid since nobody attacked me but everybody was fighting). I freed the synth for the railroad.
I had the conversation with father on top of the CIT but I didn't got banished and continued working for the institue and everybody else from there.
Guess I convinced him not to fire me :D

LOL. Well yeah, you did. For me it's the reverse. What Shaun said there triggered my BS meter and I have had enough of pretending that I was okay with what he's doing, which I haven't been okay ever since he said it back when the two first met again.

But I think you have one last chance prior to Mass Fusion event. But this time it won't be honest conversation. It'll be a complete backstab, I think. But hey, "Revenge is a dish best served cold" after all so go for it.

BizzyBum

Does anyone have a picture of the in-game map with every location shown? For some reason the ones I find online are either missing locations I have or they are some interactable map.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Can certain companions affect settlements? Maybe one of my settlement is pissed off because I sent strong there and all he does is whine and wants to eat humans.

JoeNut

No surprise they're making another already, considering how long it takes after all the voice acting is finished i would imagine they started before F4 had even shipped.

Waiting for the DLC is killing me, i don't want to play any more until it's out

GHG

So I'm 9 hours in and I've probably spent about 5 of those masquerading as an interior designer.

This isn't a fallout game, I don't even know what it is but I sure am having fun.

I have a legendary pipe rifle with no mods and a regular pipe rifle fully modded. Is it possible to remove the mods from my regular pipe rifle and transfer them to the legendary? If so, how?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Question: I am looking for an attractive outfit for my female character that can be upgraded with ballistice weave and enable me to cover it with armor when necessary.

So far the outfit that Cait wears is the only thing that works. I was so upset that Road leathers can't be upgraded either cuz I loved that look.

I have a legendary pipe rifle with no mods and a regular pipe rifle fully modded. Is it possible to remove the mods from my regular pipe rifle and transfer them to the legendary? If so, how?

Build or attach standard stuff on the modded rifle, the good mods will be added to your inventory then attach the good mods to the legendary

Question: I am looking for an attractive outfit for my female character that can be upgraded with ballistice weave and enable me to cover it with armor when necessary.

So far the outfit that Cait wears is the only thing that works. I was so upset that Road leathers can't be upgraded either cuz I loved that look.

Army Fatigues
Dirty Army Fatigues
Baseball Uniform
Military Fatigues
Minuteman Outfit
Tattered Rags

françois

Not sure whether it works for Legendary items but I know that it's possible for normal weapons of the same type. if you change one of the mods on a weapon, the one that was previously equipped ends up in your inventory.
Then if you try to change your mod on the legendary weapon the material requirements should be gone.
Haven't actively tried it myself but I think it should work. Should be quite easy to try out.

Holy shit I totally forgot about the ballistic weave. I was never able to use this since one of the P.A.M. quests was bugged for me so I could never finish it.
Oh man I gotta do this shit asap. Gonna do railroad stuff from now on.

What was Bethesda thinking with the Freefall Armor Legs? It is impossible to get up there unless you glitch or cheat. You'd never have enough AP to get there with a jetpack.

Doc_Drop

What was Bethesda thinking with the Freefall Armor Legs? It is impossible to get up there unless you glitch or cheat. You'd never have enough AP to get there with a jetpack.

It's a strange one, as though they forgot to add a normal way to access them. I'm sure I got them once by accidentally falling from the top at some point

I got there with power armor and Nuka Cola Quantum. You definitely don't need to cheat or glitch.

françois;198035993 said:
Not sure whether it works for Legendary items but I know that it's possible for normal weapons of the same type. if you change one of the mods on a weapon, the one that was previously equipped ends up in your inventory.
Then if you try to change your mod on the legendary weapon the material requirements should be gone.
Haven't actively tried it myself but I think it should work. Should be quite easy to try out.
Ah but I still need to spend the materials on creating the standard mods for the non legendary weapon?

I'm on (what I think) is my final story mission, or damn near close to it
The Nuclear Option
. I was wondering if anyone had any good side quests to recommend? My favorite so far has been " Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution." I've done a fair of amount of side quests, but I'm sure there's some enjoyable ones I missed.

I got there with power armor and Nuka Cola Quantum. You definitely don't need to cheat or glitch.
How did you do this? Were you on PC and had the Quantum bound to a hotkey? On console you require a minimum of two button presses while maintaining the thrust button. It's easier to use a trash can.

Doc_Drop

I'm on (what I think) is my final story mission, or damn near close to it
The Nuclear Option
. I was wondering if anyone had any good side quests to recommend? My favorite so far has been " Last Voyage of the U.S.S. Constitution." I've done a fair of amount of side quests, but I'm sure there's some enjoyable ones I missed.

As with a lot of games with companions, I'd say fully exploring their quests to be more fulfilling as they actually have personalities and there feels like a sense of relationship progression (Valentine's in particular).

I think I have enjoyed finding out about places rather than completing the side quests associated with them if that makes sense. Places like Salem, Dunwich Borers, etc

How did you do this? Were you on PC and had the Quantum bound to a hotkey? On console you require a minimum of two button presses while maintaining the thrust button. It's easier to use a trash can.

Did it on Xbox One.

I used the drug that slows down time and used a Quantum.

TyrantII

Jet and Nuka Quantum have a purpose you know!

The first cubby is the hard one. The second can be made in one jump.

Is it just me, or does Dogmeat stick a lot closer to the player now for some reason?

I don't remember him blocking my path and breaking my momentum so often at launch, when I had him with me for nearly the entire game. Now I just feel like whenever I'm going somewhere I need to navigate both the landscape and him blocking my path.

First of all I hope the DLCs will add new weapons. This game really needs at least one decent shotgun. Also an AK74/M16 style assault rifle.
I wouldn't mind the lack of variety if the customization wasn't so damn linear. There are some neat options but they should all be replicated again in rank 4 so the objectively best setup isn't shockingly obvious.

Christof

Neo Member
For any Xbox One fans who want the season pass but missed it before the price rise.

newegg.com still has Xbox digital codes for the season pass at $29.99

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Build or attach standard stuff on the modded rifle, the good mods will be added to your inventory then attach the good mods to the legendary

Army Fatigues
Dirty Army Fatigues
Baseball Uniform
Military Fatigues
Minuteman Outfit
Tattered Rags

It turns out the Wiki article was wrong. Cait Corset cannot be upgraded with Ballistic Weave.

I was upset, because Road Leathers and that Corset are sexy (without being overly sexual) outfits and I wanted to make them my main article of clothing.

Sigh. I just ended up going with the Minutemen outfit.

Hopefully more outfits will be in future patches/DLC

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I have to admit that its really a damn shame that they patched out the duplication glitches for the settlements on consoles.

If you go online and see many of the amazing settlements people put together. Many of those required an insane amount of resources to obtain. Many used glitches to obtain those resources.

If a player wants to use a glitch in a SINGLE PLAYER game that cuts down on boring grinding then why stop them? Who is it hurting?

Im currently doing my second playthrough of the game and I am certainly tempted to take advantage of some glitches rather than just constantly grinding back and forth to get all the perks I want.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Any impressions on the new patch?

Downloading the patch now. It's 2.351 GB (PS4). I had no idea this came out on PC already.

I'm personally just hoping for performance improvements.

N° 2048

Change log 1.4 :

Along with support for upcoming add-on content and additional gameplay fixes, the 1.4 update includes several new features that will let you add even more character to your settlements.

New Features
Support for add-ons
Additional art customization added to Workshop:

Super Mutant clutter including meat totems, meat bags and meat cart
Raider clutter including raider poles, cages and tents
Abstract and portrait paintings
Variety of new signs
More metal and wood doors variants

Fixes

General stability and performance improvements
During "Getting a Clue" quest, Kellogg's desk will remain a working container
During "Rocket's Red Glare", resolved issue where companions could not be dismissed after completing the quest
Fixed an issue with "Kremvh's Tooth" quest item not spawning properly
Settlements under attack will now display an updated message with the results of the attack if player does not respond
Fixed an issue with screen effects not clearing away properly after using a scope
Fixed an issue with trying to sprint while in third person with a minigun equipped
Rank 4 of Demolition Expert perk now properly increases the area effect of explosives
The Scrounger perk now includes additional common ammo types
Fixed an issue where Calvin Whitaker would disappear in Vault 81
Fixed an issue where Ninja and Sandman perks combined would apply the incorrect damage bonus
Fixed an issue where Rank 3 of Grim Reaper's Sprint did not fill critical meter properly
Fixed an issue with key cards not spawning correctly in Vault 75
Fixed an issue where enemies would stop spawning during "Airship Down"
Being in first person while wearing power armor and quickly switching weapons will no longer cause the Pip-Boy to be stuck
Fixed an issue with the autosave counter getting incorrectly reset
Fixed issue that would cause the Pip-Boy menu to turn invisible while swimming
Fixed an issue where scrapping larger quantities of a single item would inadvertently scrap a legendary item
Fixed issue where exiting workbenches would cause third person to stop working properly
The Scribe can now be assigned consecutive settlements properly
Fixed issue with duplicating scraps shipments
Fixed issue with vendors not properly exchanging caps after several consecutive transactions in a row
Fixed issue with the quicksave and autosave message persisting through loading screens
Fixed an issue where updating to the latest patch would cause Options settings to reset back to default (Xbox One)
Fixed an issue with loading save with a placed object in water, not properly floating

TyrantII

I have to admit that its really a damn shame that they patched out the duplication glitches for the settlements on consoles.

If you go online and see many of the amazing settlements people put together. Many of those required an insane amount of resources to obtain. Many used glitches to obtain those resources.

If a player wants to use a glitch in a SINGLE PLAYER game that cuts down on boring grinding then why stop them? Who is it hurting?

Im currently doing my second playthrough of the game and I am certainly tempted to take advantage of some glitches rather than just constantly grinding back and forth to get all the perks I want.

Protip. Delete the game install and patches, reinstall offline, and glitch away.

Game saves are not locked to patch level for some reason!

Change log 1.4 :

Rank 4 of Demolition Expert perk now properly increases the area effect of explosives
Nice, was about to get that Rank 4 soon anyways.

And I'm so going to make a Raider settlement. Dress all my settlers as raiders.

Also I probably will make a small settlement just for strong nicely decorated for him. A nice place far away from me so I don't have to listen to his stupid crap anymore

Top Bottom