• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas DLC Vol3: Old World Blues |OT| What did you do with the brain?!

duckroll

zR4f7.jpg

Title: Fallout New Vegas DLC Vol3 - Old World Blues
Release Date: July 19th 2011
Platforms: Steam/Xbox Live Marketplace/Playstation Store
Price: $9.99/800 Points/$9.99

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/games/fnv-dlc.php

Description:
The residents of the Mojave have long assumed the trackless wastes of the ‘Big Empty’ are a no-man's-land, a desolate stretch where no living thing can survive. In Old World Blues, you discover that it is anything but...

After being transported to the Big MT research crater, you find you're the only hope of saving the Think Tank – the strange group of post-human researchers who inhabit the facility. They enlist your aid to save them from their own experiments - experiments that have gone horribly out of control. As you explore the huge stretch of the Big MT crater and its many underground labs, you’ll confront strange mutated animals, battle terrifying new atomic robots, and discover a new home base to call your own. Recover all the weapons, armor, and tech of the Pre-War era and use them to help save all of Science!

Key Features:
- New Terrain: Explore the expanse of the ‘Big Empty’ and its huge variety of research centers, arboretums, canyons, and scientific labs. Even better, find and upgrade your own home base, the Sink, within the Big Empty's central dome!

- New Enemies: Confront the surgically-altered Lobotomites, bizarre robot scorpions, the dead occupants of the Y-17 Trauma Harnesses as well as the terrifying disembodied brain, Dr. Mobius. Look out for other strange and terrifying creations of the Think Tank!

- New Perks and Weapons: Old World Blues increases the level cap by 5 and introduces a range of new weapons including the Sonic Emitter, K9000 Cyberdog Gun, Proton Axe, and several varieties of Mad Scientist Gloves such as the Sterilizer Glove and Corrosive Fist.

You’ll also find new armors such as the Sneak Suit and Mad Scientist Scrubs to make your life in the Mojave easier. Look out for implants that can switch your body parts in and out for new effects and defenses to aid you in the Big Empty and the Mojave wasteland!

FAQ:

Q: Who made Old World Blues?
A: The Project Director is Chris Avellone, who is handling design and writing on all the NV DLCs other than Honest Hearts.

Q: What voice talents are featured in this DLC?
A: Veronica Belmont, Roger Cross, Jace Hall, Jim Ward, James Urbaniak, and Cam Clarke.

Q: This DLC isn't going to take all my gear away right?
A: Nope, there's no restrictions to what you can bring into the DLC.

Q: Can we return to the DLC area after beating the scenario?
A: Yes.

Q: I heard the Sneak Suit talks to you, is that true?
A: Yes, it does. The Cyberdog Gun also waggles its ears.

Q: Is the level cap increased?
A: Yes, another 5 levels added to the cap.

Q: Are there new achievements/trophies?
A: Yup, another 5 achievement/trophies have been added.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7p6LRaXfZI

Screens: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/art/fnv-screenshots1.php

owbscreen_01B.jpg

owbscreen_02B.jpg

owbscreen_03B.jpg

owbscreen_04B.jpg

owbscreen_05B.jpg

owbscreen_06B.jpg

owbscreen_07B.jpg

Trick_GSF

Banned
So hyped for this. In my opinion it looks like the strongest Fallout DLC so far.

It'll all be over soon, though. :(

Make some quest packs, Obsidian!!

Man Fallout New Vegas gets so much crap for being released a tad buggy, I wish people would give it a chance cause they have done a great job patching it and keeping it fresh with new content. It's such a good game I liked it even more than fallout 3, better story and just more focused missions. I've played all the dlc and enjoyed them (the first one imo was the worst, but still fun) looking forward to this.

Jerk

Banned
For Science!!!

God, I cannot wait for lonesome road. After that, I can finally start playing again.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Jerk said:
For Science!!!

God, I cannot wait for lonesome road. After that, I can finally start playing again.
I know what you mean. After Lonesome Road, I think I will start another run through to experience it all at once. Just need a new character type. (I have no originality. I create either a melee-focused or non-laser guns build)

Very excited for this. Didn't get around to playing Dead Money until last week, and I was blown away by how good it was. Seriously, some of those conversations with Christine had PS:T level writing. Love the way they've been setting up the inevitable showdown with
Ulysses
throughout these, looking forward to seeing the hints that are dropped in this one.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Instant purchase.

The DLC for New Vegas has really been amazing so far, and this one looks to be the strongest one yet. Can't wait.

imoTEP12

Hopefully this goes up quicker on steam then the lonely road did, other then that really looking forward to jumping back into the game.

duckroll

imoTEP12 said:
Hopefully this goes up quicker on steam then the lonely road did, other then that really looking forward to jumping back into the game.

You mean Honest Hearts? Lonesome Road isn't coming out until next month or September...

Anyway I hope this shows up on Steam in 2-5 hours... Really wanna play it!

hemtae

duckroll said:
You mean Honest Hearts? Lonesome Road isn't coming out until next month or September...

5 hours at the minimum is what I would guess. 7ish hours is when dead money came

This reminds me that I need to strip down my character again

OMG Aero

You can't do anything after you complete the main story of New Vegas right?
I'm still playing through it and am wondering when I should start doing the DLC.

Very excited for this. I've purchased all the DLC so far, but still haven't played any of it or finished the base game. I tend to wander around and kill stuff, and having the level cap raised each time is great. I'm close to the end, and once Lonesome Road hits I'll probably get to the point of no return, do all the DLC in order, then finish the game.

OMG Aero said:
I'm still playing through it and am wondering when I should start doing the DLC.
Right, you have to revert back to an old save to keep playing if you wish. So you can start the DLC at anytime, really, won't affect the main story any.

bryehn

I keep forgetting I have the vanilla on my Xbox HDD for a month, then go back to it for 10-15 hours at a time.

I can't wait to play this DLC in 2017.

edit: Oh I didn't know there was no post-story play, may as well buy the DLCs. Unless through a stroke of luck they allow you to continue your vanilla save with GOTY disc content.

imoTEP12

duckroll said:

Ah thanks, yeah I meant honest hearts...didn't really enjoy that one overall which is probably why I couldn't remember the name off hand. Here's to hoping that in a couple of hours I will be playing a much better dlc in old world blues.

Sober

OMG Aero said:
The latest patch autosaves you at the point of no return, though I'm guessing it still warns you; it just makes a save before the endgame so you can reload it after the ending to play the DLC.

Haven't purchased Honest Hearts yet, but I'm really looking forward to this, moreso than I am Honest Hearts. Can't decide if I'll purchase both and play Hearts first, or just this one and pick up Honest Hearts later if it ever goes on sale.

Hulud

Dead Money was great. Honest Hearts was good. This looks amazing. The talking armor will be MINE.

Also, I like how they have been setting up the big plot point which I am assuming will occur in
Lonesome Road.

Card Boy

Banned
Puppet Shadow said:
Any word on a GOTY edition that will include all the DLCs?

You'd think they will include all the DLC's if past Bethesda GOTY bundles are anything to go by.

Did New Vegas win any GOTY awards btw?

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Looks like it's up. Just bought it and it's downloading.

Hulud

I felt good after buying the first 2 DLCs during the steam summer sale but I don't have the willpower to wait for this one to drop in price. I'm sure it'll be worth the $10 anyway.

Drazgul

Hulud said:
I felt good after buying the first 2 DLCs during the steam summer sale but I don't have the willpower to wait for this one to drop in price. I'm sure it'll be worth the $10 anyway.

Of course it is, it's made by Chris Avellone - He Who Can Do No Wrong.

Top Bottom