• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

EekTheKat

Kevitivity said:
I'm in a bad situation with this game. I'm about 34 house in and the game now locks up every time I try to enter the Strip. (360 version) It loads for a second, then the screen goes black and thats all... hard lockup. When I restart the xbox I have a corrupt auto save.

A few other people with this same issue on the Giant Bomb forums. There don't appear to be any work workarounds... I'm not about to start over and wish for the best...

It sounds like the
old cowboy hat bug - find/buy an "old cowboy hat" and put it on before zoning into the strip. IIRC one should be available at Mick and Ralphs

Put on hat, then try and enter the strip.

Not sure why I'm spoilering it - it is a bug but it does seem to have something to do with a certain NPC.

Finalow

what the fuck :-|
When i enter in The Tops all the people there start to shoot at me, i can't even do the quest ''talent pool'' of tommy torini because he shoot at me too. How can i solve this?
Only because i've killed
Benny.
Fuck.

Kurtofan

finalozzo said:
what the fuck :-|
When i enter in The Tops all the people there start to shoot at me, i can't even do the quest ''talent pool'' of tommy torini because he shoot at me too. How can i solve this?
Only because i've killed
Benny.
Fuck.
Where did you
killed him?
Speak to him first and ask him to go in a suite.

Not related:I had the weirdest bug ever!
I was in Helios and when I exit the building through the backdoor,Old Gibson and her dogs appear in the middle of nowhere :lol

Also a less funny bug:I can't go to Primm anymore ever since
the Followers sent EDE back there

Kurtofan said:
Not related:I had the weirdest bug ever!
I was in Helios and when I exit the building through the backdoor,Old Gibson and her dogs appear in the middle of nowhere :lol

Also a less funny bug:I can't go to Primm anymore ever since
the Followers sent EDE back there

:lol I had the same thing happen in the same spot. It was at the end of a particularly long play session in the early morning hours, so in my tired state I thought her dogs were coyotes and started blasting away. I only stopped because I noticed they had names.. thank god for auto-saves.

Haunted said:
Do you have a dual monitor setup? Try to disable the secondary monitor before starting NV with the dx9.dll fix. Fixed the crashing at startup for me and really helped with the general stuttering, framerate and crashing problems.

Thanks Haunted, that did the trick. Now my desktop crashes are down to 1 every 60-90 mins and the framerate has gone up to better-than-360 level. Of course, DX9 visually kills the ground (hello, Morrowind shrubberies!) but I'll take FPS (despite 4xAA/8xAS) over ground quality any day.

Still some awful bugs though. Typically if I load a save with fighting and go into another save, any enemies there maintain their alignment (ie: if I pick a fight with Legion, they are still ready to rumble on a different save.) Also on a few of my saves alignment info is basically gone. I have some alignment info with the first town but NCR has nothing visible despite helping out at the Prison.

Wallach

Kevitivity said:
I'm in a bad situation with this game. I'm about 34 house in and the game now locks up every time I try to enter the Strip. (360 version) It loads for a second, then the screen goes black and thats all... hard lockup. When I restart the xbox I have a corrupt auto save.

A few other people with this same issue on the Giant Bomb forums. There don't appear to be any work workarounds... I'm not about to start over and wish for the best...

I've heard (don't kill me if this doesn't work) that actually finding and wearing (or maybe just having in your inventory a "Old Cowboy Hat" will allow you to get around this.

I'm pretty sure it's caused by the quest where you
collect various debts for Francine and when dealing with Caleb McCaffrey you kill him. The bug supposedly has to do with scripting regarding Caleb's hat.

Is there any way to get that detective outfit that the guy in Ultra-Luxe was wearing? I saw him and I'm like aw shit I need that fucking trench coat.

Wallach

disappeared said:
Is there any way to get that detective outfit that the guy in Ultra-Luxe was wearing? I saw him and I'm like aw shit I need that fucking trench coat.

Nope, not actually in the game as something you could equip.

Dresden

sw33tclyde said:
:lol I had the same thing happen in the same spot. It was at the end of a particularly long play session in the early morning hours, so in my tired state I thought her dogs were coyotes and started blasting away. I only stopped because I noticed they had names.. thank god for auto-saves.
You can kill them without penalty, I think. Gibson didn't seem to mind.

PowderedToast

disappeared said:
don't think so. it's what the mysterious stranger wears aswell iirc. i was so pissed when couldn't take it from his inventory, it's so dope

Finalow

Kurtofan said:
Where did you
killed him?
Speak to him first and ask him to go in a suite.
i've killed him in the casinò, i didn't know that i could kill him in his suite ... now i have to restart the game only for one achievement.
Fucking game :/

Jerk

Banned
Wallach said:
The closest thing to a "neutral" option is
Yes Man.

That is more or less what I figured.

I only wish that I did not have to screw over House in order to accomplish this.

Wallach

Jerk 2.0 said:
That is more or less what I figured.

I only wish that I did not have to screw over House in order to accomplish this.

There's no way around it, but that's as much his fault as it is yours.

Kurtofan

finalozzo said:
i've killed him in the casinò, i didn't know that i could kill him in his suite ... now i have to restart the game only for one achievement.
Fucking game :/
It's no big deal,it's a pretty quick quest to get to and it's pretty irrelevant to the rest of the game.(I've no idea why they made this quest in particular an achievement)
Carry on with your actual game and start a new one afterwards.(anyway you can't get all quest chievos in one go so..)

Finalow

oh god.
i'm in the bunker of the Brotherhood of Steel, hidden valley. (House always win, V) I have to do the test, i have to kill a nrc dude there in the hidden valley. Ok but my weapons and all my stuff are gone. I've read of this bug: ''Xbox 360 Users may not get their guns returned during the first encounter test, save before entering and meeting the Brotherhood for the first time. "
So much bug jesus christ :-|. Can anyone tell me if is it a bug? Or i've just to kill the nrc dude for have my stuff back.

X26

Banned
finalozzo said:
oh god.
i'm in the bunker of the Brotherhood of Steel, hidden valley. (House always win, V) I have to do the test, i have to kill a nrc dude there in the hidden valley. Ok but my weapons and all my stuff are gone. I've read of this bug: ''Xbox 360 Users may not get their guns returned during the first encounter test, save before entering and meeting the Brotherhood for the first time. "
So much bug jesus christ :-|. Can anyone tell me if is it a bug? Or i've just to kill the nrc dude for have my stuff back.

That sucks, have you tried finishing that part (you don't need to kill him btw if you have high enough speech) going back to the bunker? Maybe that'll trigger something and you can get your stuff back

Finalow

X26 said:
That sucks, have you tried finishing that part (you don't need to kill him btw if you have high enough speech) going back to the bunker? Maybe that'll trigger something and you can get your stuff back
i can try this (anyway i can kill him without weapons, very easy ftw).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
finalozzo said:
oh god.

Your stuff is in a footlocker in the bunker near the entrance, it isn't "given" back. You can also finish that quest without firing a shot.

Finalow

Sinatar said:
Your stuff is in a footlocker in the bunker near the entrance, it isn't "given" back. You can also finish that quest without firing a shot.
the problem is that i haven't found any footlocker near the entrance.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Well if it is a bug and the box isn't there, that sucks. If not...

screenshot1pq4i.png

screenshot2qt0n.png

syllogism

Llyranor said:
Is there a mod that'll increase my walking speed (also for companion) ? This is painful.

Wouldn't mind a multi-companion mod as well if it won't break the game?

Hopefully stuff that I can just add in and still use my saves as well.
I just used "setgs fmoverunmult x" (I recall 3 is default). It will also affect enemy speed though so you may want to put it back to normal for fights.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
One thing I wish was that you could side with the
NCR while still getting the powered up Securitrons via Yes Man. I mean, Yes Man doesn't care whether you go for an independent New Vegas or not, so it stands to reason that if you decided you wanted to have a Securitron army to help out the NCR in the last battle, then he'd be all for it.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
So, about Yes Man...

He asks me if I want to spare factions continue. Can I tell him somehow to destroy them or I have to do it myself?

Also Boomers are some ugly motherfuckers. They seem to be good, but after this
history lesson I don't want to help them out with Lady of The Lake
. I can't wipe them out because they seem to be good in person but damn... Talk about hard choices.

subversus said:
. I can't wipe them out because they seem to be good in person but damn... Talk about hard choices.
That mural was hilarious. I read it from left to right and thought "aaaaw isn't that cute" and then at the final image I turned towards the boy and shook my head. :lol

They're just insecure, the work you're doing there should/could convince them that not all savages are bad...
and they didn't do anything bad
in the end montage. The dialogue with the boy was bugged for me though, so I don't know what he said.

Kurtofan

subversus said:
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised me if they become big in the next games,they sure have potential.
The mural cracked me up as well.

Decided to go ahead and complete an ending
House Path
and WTF with Cass' ending
started but didn't complete Heartache by Numbers and the result sounds like suicide

Also hit an ED-E glitch where the second option never loaded and froze the game every time. After fucking around for an hour to fix it I just had to send him along without completing the quest. booooo :(

Ok How the heck do you built a custom weapon in this game? "the Rock-it-launcher"???

I found the schematics for the "Rock-it-Launcher" on the shelves inside one of the Nellis Hangers..I go to my pip-boy and under data-notes..it says "now you can built a "rock-it-launcher" at a WorkBench by combining a conductor, firehose nozzle, leaf blower, vacuum..blah blah.."

So I go to a work bench with all the mentioned ingredients to make my so called "Rock-it Launcher" but unfortunately the Bench does not give me any option of "rock-it-launcher" nothing even close to it..just the usual, combining energy weapon ammo crap, Weapon repair kit and Stimpack building recipe etc.

I have me "Guns" or something pretty low under SKILLS.. I think it's like 39..but does that even matter?

Someone please... thanks

Dresden

subversus said:
There's nothing wrong with raining FIRE and DEATH on the savages.

EricHasNoPull said:
Ok How the heck do you built a custom weapon in this game? "the Rock-it-launcher"???

I found the schematics for the "Rock-it-Launcher" on the shelves inside one of the Nellis Hangers..I go to my pip-boy and under data-notes..it says "now you can built a "rock-it-launcher" at a WorkBench by combining a conductor, firehose nozzle, leaf blower, vacuum..blah blah.."

So I go to a work bench with all the mentioned ingredients to make my so called "Rock-it Launcher" but unfortunately the Bench does not give me any option of "rock-it-launcher" nothing even close to it..just the usual, combining energy weapon ammo crap, Weapon repair kit and Stimpack building recipe etc.

I have me "Guns" or something pretty low under SKILLS.. I think it's like 39..but does that even matter?

Someone please... thanks

Looking at the Fallout wikia, it could be another bug. :/
Sometimes you cannot use the schematics or even view them, even with having all components in inventory (Confirmed X360,PC,PS3)
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Rock-It_Launcher

X26

Banned
EricHasNoPull said:

Someone please... thanks

Is there a certain repair skill requirement involved?

Lakitu

st5fu
Just to summarise my game play today:

More glitches. I was out with
E-DE
somewhere. I was sniping and it kept on giving away my position, so out of frustration I sent it back to
Lucky 38
. I noticed a few hours later, that it was no longer there. So now I can't find it anywhere. I also lost
Rex
but I found him at Freeside of all places. That put a damper on an otherwise awesome gaming session.

I did the hunting eggs quest for Red Lucy in The Thorn, got plenty of caps out of that and some sex :lol

Done a lot of exploring, looting and killing as usual. Went to Jacobstown for the first time, got Lily who is fucking hilarious and had a good laugh there. One of my favourite areas.

And today finally I got to explore the whole of The Strip which I have been avoiding since I've been busy with quests all over the wasteland that I wanted to do. I also discovered the majority of the locations besides The Fort (any idea when I'll get to go there?) and the Legate's Camp.

I've not yet been to Tops and confronted Benny. I'll do that soon. But today I did Michael Angelo's quest, the NCR Embassy quest and killed Pacer (felt so good) and went to Ultra-Luxe with Boone which to me has one of the more interesting quests in the game. I felt like a detective. I had a funny moment, when I was investigating the detectives dead corpse. The Ultra-Luxe guard came at me with his cane and I was getting my arse handed to me, then out of nowhere Boone came in and attacked him with his cane. It was awesome.

I've decided to hold off that quest for the time being as I want to build up my reputation on The Strip, so I can become a member of the White Glove Society, and take Buck Henderson's shotgun (that he gives to you inside) and kill them all. :D Fucking Cannibals.

Now I've been prompted by the NCR to go to
Hoover Dam
, if I do a quest there will it affect the endgame since I haven't
confronted Benny yet nor got the Platinum Chip
. Also, got
Arcade
, I haven't used him all that much, does he have a quest? And if so, how do I activate it?

Lastly, I've explored pretty much everywhere, and like to think I've got most of the rarest and best loot, especially when it comes to weapons. But somewhere deep down I think I'm missing some stuff. I mean I got the
12.7mm SMG today, but I saw someone else in this thread with the pistol.
Anybody got a comprehensive list on these please? Not just weapons, but armours. I've yet to see anybody
wearing Ranger armour.
Does anybody know at what point they appear? I mean I'm level 30 now, but I've yet to see them so I can try to that little trick to get their armour.

Game's fucking awesome besides all the annoying glitches. Hope it gets patched up soon.

I got ambushed by 6 members of the viper clan. They all ahd knifes which means they were prepared to do nasty things.

I got rid of em...oh my god...so horrible...look at the bodies...what have I done!?

Funny bug. I'll go to sleep in my bed in
the Lucky 38 and after about an hour that Follower of the Apocalypse interrupts my sleep to ask me if I'd consider bugging House's mainframe. She'd probably do it herself but she can't get into the building :lol It's happened a couple of times, still freaks me out though

Wallach

Sato Koiji said:
I got ambushed by 6 members of the viper clan. They all ahd knifes which means they were prepared to do nasty things.

I got rid of em...oh my god...so horrible...look at the bodies...what have I done!?

Sounds to me like you dispensed some fucking sweet justice.

I need to take some screencaps of my shotgun dude doing his thing. The "shotgun justice" outfit is fucking hilarious and it feels unfair somehow that I get to look that awesome while being a complete beast. Shopping list if you want to rock it yourself:

Police Hat
Authority Glasses
Vault 34 Security Armor
Riot Shotgun or Hunting Shotgun

Wallach

Snuggler said:
ooh

Who do I have to kill for a pair of aviators?

Nobody! When traveling from Nipton to Novac, after you cross the railroad tracks and the road turns to your left, look for a way up the hill to your right. You'll come across the Caesar's Legion safehouse (locked, key required). Just past that is the Old Nuclear Test Site, but from the campfire in front of the CL Safehouse you'll see a small viewing bunker with chairs. There's like 5 pairs there on the chairs from dudes who were no doubt viewing some wicked explosions. Mind yourself in that area because it's full of ghoul assholes if you go any farther into the test site itself.

Edit - explained that a bit wrong.

Dwayne

Probably answered a thousand times, but I couldn't see it in the OP or the last few pages - What mods are must have for a first time player?

Wallach

Dwayne said:
Probably answered a thousand times, but I couldn't see it in the OP or the last few pages - What mods are must have for a first time player?

Honestly I think the only ones I'd consider "must haves" would be straight-up scripting fixes for stuff official patches have not yet taken care of. Other than that, maybe a UI swap for fitting more text on screen if it bothers you.

Top Bottom