• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Darkshier said:
Looking at the Fallout wikia, it could be another bug. :/

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Rock-It_Launcher

(from the Wiki)

"Bugs

Sometimes you cannot use the schematics or even view them, even with having all components in inventory (Confirmed X360,PC,PS3) "

X26 said:
Is there a certain repair skill requirement involved?

Yep it's definitely a Bug: Even if I do not have a required skill of a custom weapon or custom aid or ammo whatever, the Workbench interface at least still shows me (Grayed out) the ingredients of the recipe and also shows my Attained Skill level vs the Required Skill level ie: "Skill Required 45/50 or 65/50 etc."

It is a bug indeed because there is no sign of "Rock-it-Launcher" anywhere in the WorkBench Menu...that really sucks, because I've been collecting all sorts of junk to use as parts and ammo for this Weapon, so I could built and use it once I found the schematics...But I guess now it's a no go :(

I remember this weapon being so much fun in Fallout 3 ... So is there going to be a patch soon to fix this or better yet is there a user based mod out there to address this issue??? (PC version)

Thanks for your response and help guys.

Captain Tuttle said:
Funny bug. I'll go to sleep in my bed in
the Lucky 38 and after about an hour that Follower of the Apocalypse interrupts my sleep to ask me if I'd consider bugging House's mainframe. She'd probably do it herself but she can't get into the building :lol It's happened a couple of times, still freaks me out though

That's a good one! :lol

Simon Belmont said:
Whoa, I just realized Dave Foley voices Yes Man. Fan-fucking-tastic.

THAT's who it is. I was busting my brain trying to place the voice.

MMaRsu

Hey guys I have a problem.. Veronica has gone missing. Like earlier, sometimes she would just vanish and pop up in a new area like a vault.

But now I want to recruit Arcade Gannon ( who seems awesome, is he? ) but he's telling me three's company. Obviously this means veronica is getting in the way of me taking this cool dude away from here, and she needs to go. Where can I find her ??

Can someone PLEASE tell me where to find a detonator for the C4? I need one so that I can kill some NCR guys without them knowing it was me and I've looked all over the place for them, Novac, Gun Runners, all the shops in Freeside, no-one seems to have one!!

MMaRsu

Enemy Of Fate said:
Can someone PLEASE tell me where to find a detonator for the C4? I need one so that I can kill some NCR guys without them knowing it was me and I've looked all over the place for them, Novac, Gun Runners, all the shops in Freeside, no-one seems to have one!!

The dino dude in Novac doesn't have one either?

And shit man, I really need to find Veronica. I want a different party member who doesn't fucking leave on me.

X26

Banned
Wallach said:
Sounds to me like you dispensed some fucking sweet justice.

I need to take some screencaps of my shotgun dude doing his thing. The "shotgun justice" outfit is fucking hilarious and it feels unfair somehow that I get to look that awesome while being a complete beast. Shopping list if you want to rock it yourself:

Police Hat
Authority Glasses
Vault 34 Security Armor
Riot Shotgun or Hunting Shotgun

Might try that setup, to be honest I'm a bit dissapointed in the lack of cool looking clothing/armor. I basically rocked the bounty hunter duster (+shades and 1st recon beret) for my entire first playthrough and only switched when I got ncr combat armor

MMaRsu said:
The dino dude in Novac doesn't have one either?

And shit man, I really need to find Veronica. I want a different party member who doesn't fucking leave on me.
Nope, just realised I could check it up on Fallout Wiki. Turns out its the Jeannie May girl in Novac that has it, although it really makes no sense whatsoever that she would be selling something like that when no weapon shops in the whole wasteland sell the damn thing! Gonna go pick it up now in a bit, those NCR guys won't know what hit em!

I'm currently experiencing some sort of bug that halts my progress in the story. If anyone has any suggestions, that'd be awesome...

So I've made it to the point where Cachino is down to take out his bosses in Gomorrah. However, while the current mission states to go to Cachino when I am ready, I cannot do anything except talk to him about them. Nothing will initiate the next part of the quest and I am concerned that its a game breaking bug.
On PC.

Duki

Banned
xenorevlis said:
I'm currently experiencing some sort of bug that halts my progress in the story. If anyone has any suggestions, that'd be awesome...

So I've made it to the point where Cachino is down to take out his bosses in Gomorrah. However, while the current mission states to go to Cachino when I am ready, I cannot do anything except talk to him about them. Nothing will initiate the next part of the quest and I am concerned that its a game breaking bug.
On PC.
yeah this happens. just go upstairs and kill them yourself if you want to finish it.

Double D

Mr. House/The Fort Questions
Ok, so I talked to House, talked to Yes Man. Been kind of doing a little bit of everything for a bit. Exploring my options with the stuff Yes Man is sending me around to do, killing Benny, saw the White Gloves, did the Cachino/Gamorrah thing. Haven't seen Brotherhood yet.

So I pick a quest (Render Unto Caesar) from my list at random earlier, forgetting that, evidently it was related to all this. I'm with Boone, and the Legion have hated me for a while. Long story short - Boone and I murdered our way into the Weather Center place, with House downstairs wanting me to do some shit.

I haven't even gone back to House after initially getting the poker chip, now he assumes that Caesar took the chip from me and I got it back somehow. Funny, there wasn't an option for, "I shot everyone in the face and one of them was probably Caesar". So I fully poked around downstairs and found the spot to upgrade the Securitrons, but left it alone for now. I wanted to to finish up the Yes Man stuff by going to check out the BoS, but ultimately I think I'll side with House. without spoiling it too much, should I go back to the Lucky 38 and talk to House there, or just do this thing at the fort? Will that ultimately please House, or is this a trick? Also, some chick from the Followers wants me to bug House, which I'm considering, but won't do it if will fuck my relationship with House in the end.

Well, I guess I got a little carried away with questions there, but if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. :)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Vik_Vaughn said:
Mr. House/The Fort Questions
Ok, so I talked to House, talked to Yes Man. Been kind of doing a little bit of everything for a bit. Exploring my options with the stuff Yes Man is sending me around to do, killing Benny, saw the White Gloves, did the Cachino/Gamorrah thing. Haven't seen Brotherhood yet.

So I pick a quest (Render Unto Caesar) from my list at random earlier, forgetting that, evidently it was related to all this. I'm with Boone, and the Legion have hated me for a while. Long story short - Boone and I murdered our way into the Weather Center place, with House downstairs wanting me to do some shit.

I haven't even gone back to House after initially getting the poker chip, now he assumes that Caesar took the chip from me and I got it back somehow. Funny, there wasn't an option for, "I shot everyone in the face and one of them was probably Caesar". So I fully poked around downstairs and found the spot to upgrade the Securitrons, but left it alone for now. I wanted to to finish up the Yes Man stuff by going to check out the BoS, but ultimately I think I'll side with House. without spoiling it too much, should I go back to the Lucky 38 and talk to House there, or just do this thing at the fort? Will that ultimately please House, or is this a trick? Also, some chick from the Followers wants me to bug House, which I'm considering, but won't do it if will fuck my relationship with House in the end.

Well, I guess I got a little carried away with questions there, but if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. :)

Just pick what you want and go for it. Make a save and go back if you want a different outcome. That's what's awesome about New Vegas.

zsswimmer

Enemy Of Fate said:
A way to kill someone without people getting aggressive towards you is to use weapons like the Ballistic Fist or the Love and Hate spiked knuckles. I killed a ton of Legions without them ever knowing by going into sneak mode and punching their dudes out.

jett

D-Member
Skimming through this thread seems people really like Cass huh? I'm around 10 hours in and have played with Boone most of the game. Right now I'm undecided if I should let the
Van Grufen(did I spell that right?) family kill her. Is there any reason I should keep the woman around? :p

Dresden

jett said:
Skimming through this thread seems people really like Cass huh? I'm around 10 hours in and have played with Boone most of the game. Right now I'm undecided if I should let the
Van Grufen(did I spell that right?) family kill her. Is there any reason I should keep the woman around? :p
Being a total badass and doing tons of damage with a good rifle or shotgun should be enough reason! Being able to chug whiskey without penalty is nice too.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Bit frustrated here all, I need some help.

What is the best way to defeat Lanius at the end of the game? I am level 22 and have guns to 100 but he and his henchmen demolish me with power fists. My sniper barely does any damage to them even though its stats are 168. I have tried this part for about an hour with no luck.

Help?

Deadly Cyclone said:
Bit frustrated here all, I need some help.

What is the best way to defeat Lanius at the end of the game? I am level 22 and have guns to 100 but he and his henchmen demolish me with power fists. My sniper barely does any damage to them even though its stats are 168. I have tried this part for about an hour with no luck.

Help?

Your level is pretty low; are you buffing with drugs/booze?

Wallach said:
Honestly I think the only ones I'd consider "must haves" would be straight-up scripting fixes for stuff official patches have not yet taken care of. Other than that, maybe a UI swap for fitting more text on screen if it bothers you.

I consider MTUI, the Veronica Fix, the "That Gun" re-spec, and something like CONELRAD necessary now.

I also just added a mod that makes the 10mm SMG into a tactical SMG, something like a H&K sub-machine gun, while retaining that 'Fallout' look. It's one of the best weapon mods I've come across.

I'm fast approaching D&D levels of obsession when it comes to making characters now. :lol Running five different characters right now. Just made a melee/unarmed tank with
STR 10, PER 3, END 10, CHA 1, INT 1, AGI 5, LK 10.

Strongest, stupidest, luckiest, and ugliest sonofabitch you'll ever meet.

The others are just different types of play styles. Other main guy uses only dynamite and a .357 Magnum and looks like Dick Dastardly.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
bonesmccoy said:
Your level is pretty low; are you buffing with drugs/booze?

Any that I have, I am a bit ill-prepared as I did not know this was coming nor that it would be harder than anything else in the game.

Others have beat it at level 15, so I figured I was plenty high.

There any weapons at the hoover damn I can revert to and grab?

EDIT: Check that, all my saves are in this area. Damnit.

Dresden

Deadly Cyclone said:
Any that I have, I am a bit ill-prepared as I did not know this was coming nor that it would be harder than anything else in the game.

Others have beat it at level 15, so I figured I was plenty high.

There any weapons at the hoover damn I can revert to and grab?
I can't think of any that'll be better than whatever you got--sounded you like had a Gobi or the anti-material rifle?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dresden said:
I can't think of any that'll be better than whatever you got--sounded you like had a Gobi or the anti-material rifle?

Best I have is a sniper rifle at 112. He and like 4 others attack all at once and just demolish me.

Deadly Cyclone said:
Best I have is a sniper rifle at 112. He and like 4 others attack all at once and just demolish me.

Could try knocking the difficulty down. Also try getting some snipes in from a distance. You have to get close to trigger the fight but you can whittle him down with some good crits.

It's the worst fight in the game though..good luck.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Beat it, odd that the last battle was 10x harder than anything else in the game.

Now to start another playthrough and see how it turns out.

Wallach

bonesmccoy said:
I consider MTUI, the Veronica Fix, the "That Gun" re-spec, and something like CONELRAD necessary now.

I also just added a mod that makes the 10mm SMG into a tactical SMG, something like a H&K sub-machine gun, while retaining that 'Fallout' look. It's one of the best weapon mods I've come across.

The only one I actually use right now is the reload bug fix: http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36317

Fixes the stupid bug where you'd get "stuck" after reloading certain types of weapons. Super nice for my shotgun-focused character.

bonesmccoy said:

yeah that SMG mod is nice, if your looking for some weapons from 3, here is a great mod

-Original FO3 Weapon Pack-
NPC will even carry/use some of them

I got my Infiltrator back :)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Is there any need to raise lockpick skill beyond 75? Hard is the hardest lockpick level, right?

While I am at it, is it beneficial or counter-productive to raise a skill level all the way to 100? After lockpick at 75, I intend to raise Gun, Sneak, Medicine, and Repair. One at a time, instead of spreading them evenly. Maybe just to the 90's though.... Hmm.... Is this a good idea?

Hmm............

On the side note, experiencing yet another random freeze last night. It is truly a testament to how powerful the Fallout brand nowadays that such an almost broken, bug-and-glitch-ridden mess like this game managed to sell out 5 million copies.

Dresden

Laughing Banana said:
Is there any need to raise lockpick skill beyond 75? Hard is the hardest lockpick level, right?

While I am at it, is it beneficial or counter-productive to raise a skill level all the way to 100? After lockpick at 75, I intend to raise Gun, Sneak, Medicine, and Repair. One at a time, instead of spreading them evenly. Maybe just to the 90's though.... Hmm.... Is this a good idea?

Hmm............

On the side note, experiencing yet another random freeze last night. It is truly a testament to how powerful the Fallout brand nowadays that such an almost broken, bug-and-glitch-ridden mess like this game managed to sell out 5 million copies.
very hard is the max; requires 100 skill

just raise the essentials to 90 and rely on skill magazines for the rare very hard/100 check

Dresden said:
Being a total badass and doing tons of damage with a good rifle or shotgun should be enough reason! Being able to chug whiskey without penalty is nice too.
That, and she's got some amazing quotes.

Also, the ending I had for her
involved kicking down the door to the Courier's room, wanting to give him some lovin'. When she found a wounded NCR soldier in his bed, she had her way with him instead.
It made me lol.

lupin23rd

Listening to (I think) Black Mountain radio, there's two mutants(?) who come on and start talking about dum-dums... is one of them Megatron? Sure sounds like it! :lol

jax (old)

Banned
lupin23rd said:
Listening to (I think) Black Mountain radio, there's two mutants(?) who come on and start talking about dum-dums... is one of them Megatron? Sure sounds like it! :lol

pretty sure its tabitha talking to herself because she's crazy

Gestahl

lupin23rd said:

Both of them are voiced by Fred Tatasciore, ie Saren, Henry Leland, Zeratul, etc, and yeah he has voiced Megatron at some point. In the War for Cybertron videogame.

Ricker

Currently running around with Lilly :lol and Rex....45 hours in,level 24 and still didn`t find the outpost where Veronica is suppose to be... and(big companion spoiler)

I hated myself a bit for doing it but I decided to let Cass get killed

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Doing my "Killing everything as i find it" run and not only is it boring but its difficult :lol Running out of ammo so fast.. i need to take Vigilant Recycler and the Scrounger perks asap. Hard to get bullets when you dont do any shopping.

Hardest fight so far was with the two Rangers that come to tell you that you've pissed off the NCR. This was at level 3 i think. Took me about 150 reloads to kill them both :lol

Kurtofan

water_wendi said:
Doing my "Killing everything as i find it" run and not only is it boring but its difficult :lol Running out of ammo so fast.. i need to take Vigilant Recycler and the Scrounger perks asap. Hard to get bullets when you dont do any shopping.

Hardest fight so far was with the two Rangers that come to tell you that you've pissed off the NCR. This was at level 3 i think. Took me about 150 reloads to kill them both :lol
You should have used melee weapons instead of guns,no need for ammo and they're quite powerful.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Kurtofan said:
You should have used melee weapons instead of guns,no need for ammo and they're quite powerful.
i have no melee weapons that can penetrate 15 DT. So if someone is wearing armor a Sledgehammer against one or two shooters is suicide.

water_wendi said:

You shouldn't be having ammo problems if you're stealing everything that isn't nailed down..

RPGCrazied

Anyone with the PS3 version having micro stutters? its like every 5 secs or so the game will pause then resume or something. its very distracting. This PS3 slim is not even a week old.

Zeliard

jett said:
Skimming through this thread seems people really like Cass huh? I'm around 10 hours in and have played with Boone most of the game.

Well, for one thing, Cass seems much more likely to comment on random things throughout your adventures, and she isn't as absurdly powerful since she uses a shotty instead of sniper rifle. Boone is just a silent killer. He makes the game easy and he seems to be a pretty uneventful guy, overall.

Double D

mjemirzian said:
You shouldn't be having ammo problems if you're stealing everything that isn't nailed down..
Kinda what I was thinking. I've never killed a merchant, but I'd hope you could loot all their wares that they had prior to decapitation.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
mjemirzian said:
Well i was having ammo issues. Got 50 rounds off of Manny. Most safes dont have keys so i dont have access to every bit of ammo around. Mostly its whatever the enemy has on them.

Vik_Vaughn said:
Kinda what I was thinking. I've never killed a merchant, but I'd hope you could loot all their wares that they had prior to decapitation.
Usually what they have is in the store on shelves but some stuff is unavailable. Take the Novac merchant. He always has some weapon mods but there were none to be found in the store.

Top Bottom