• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

Kurtofan

jett said:
Skimming through this thread seems people really like Cass huh? I'm around 10 hours in and have played with Boone most of the game. Right now I'm undecided if I should let the
Van Grufen(did I spell that right?) family kill her. Is there any reason I should keep the woman around? :p
My favorite buddy is Raul,that guy plain rocks.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Does using the console always shut off the Steam Achievements or only in certain cases? There are a few bugs I want to sort out using the console, but I wouldn't mind still getting achievements. One example is Raul's companion quest, which is bugged so that you can't even start it if you spoke to the wrong person too early in the game.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Zeliard said:
Well, for one thing, Cass seems much more likely to comment on random things throughout your adventures, and she isn't as absurdly powerful since she uses a shotty instead of sniper rifle. Boone is just a silent killer. He makes the game easy and he seems to be a pretty uneventful guy, overall.

Eh, I liked his quest line better than Cass's. Arcade's is probably the best though, not that I ever got to play it due to f'in Gamebryo.

Zeliard said:
Well, for one thing, Cass seems much more likely to comment on random things throughout your adventures

I had to dismiss her because she was driving me nuts. "You could sure go for a drink right now. I fucking got it. Stop speaking."

jett

D-Member
Meh, got rid of Cass. Her personal mission started getting a little too lockpick-oriented for my tastes. I also couldn't stand her chatterbox ways either.

Anyway, did some stuff on the strip and this game suddenly got all kinds of complex. What to do, what to do!

Solo

jett said:
Meh, got rid of Cass. Her personal mission started getting a little too lockpick-oriented for my tastes.

?

It was "go to
Crimson Caravan
and murder everyone" for me, essentially.

jett

D-Member
Solo said:
?

It was "go to
Crimson Caravan
and murder everyone" for me, essentially.

I unfortunately responded with the diplomatic answer and there was no way to go back on it.

Arjen

Can someone help me with this?
I've told Boone to wait, so i can gather more companions, but the game seems to think he's still there.
If i ask someone to join me, they say something in the line of
"You already got someone with you" although boone is nowhere around.

EekTheKat

Arjen said:
I've told Boone to wait, so i can gather more companions, but the game seems to think he's still there.

Don't ask them to wait
Dismiss them, if they wait they're still in your group. You can always pick them back up later .

Ricker

Arjen said:

And don`t send them to Lucky 38 i heard,just back to their home...

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Wow.

You can get so much money from Blackjack that you don't even need any other source of income. Overall, from just the strip, I won around 30,000 caps, enough to buy all the implants I wanted. Didn't even reload or anything, just kept on playing through the small losses with a luck score of 6.

And don`t send them to Lucky 38 i heard,just back to their home...

To clarify, sending them to the Lucky 38 can lead to a glitch where they disappear with certain companions, can't remember who atm.

Ricker

WanderingWind said:
No, you can send them to the Lucky 38.

You can but I read comments that they dissapear if you send them there or stuff like that,there`s a bigger chance of a glitch if you do that I think...I don`t take a chance and just send them home. :D

DSN2K

cool mod...

Depth of Fied http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35615

Also adds very other cool effects, such as Motion blur(if you like that) and head bobbing effect when you move what looks great also.

Overall it makes the game look alot better, why didnt they include DOF in every part of the game I dont know!?! but it does hit performance so see what level suits your PC!

ScreenShot14.jpg

some reason this screen had some issue in the corner!?
ScreenShot16.jpg

also wondering why Night looks like well..NIGHT its the Western Sky Beta 2 mod
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35497

water_wendi said:
Well i was having ammo issues. Got 50 rounds off of Manny. Most safes dont have keys so i dont have access to every bit of ammo around. Mostly its whatever the enemy has on them.
Lockpick is one of the essential skills for that reason.

Ferrio

Banned
So I'm at some big decision making time, and kinda befuddle on what i want to do.
I want to try and do the "good" thing. To me this would be shut down house and let everyone be everyone. The idea of anyone sitting on that much power irks me, but I'm not sure if there's an option for that even. Seems if I shut down house and install yes man everyone gets pissed at me. Maybe just disable house and do nothing more?

Ferrio said:
So I'm at some big decision making time, and kinda befuddle on what i want to do.
I want to try and do the "good" thing. To me this would be shut down house and let everyone be everyone. The idea of anyone sitting on that much power irks me, but I'm not sure if there's an option for that even. Seems if I shut down house and install yes man everyone gets pissed at me. Maybe just disable house and do nothing more?

I'd advise against
shutting down House
. Beyond that, making your own choices is kinda the whole idea. :D

Ferrio

Banned
NEOPARADIGM said:
I'd advise against
shutting down House
. Beyond that, making your own choices is kinda the whole idea. :D

So maybe just getting the chip and not handing it over to anyone? Hrmm

Finalow

Sinatar said:
Well if it is a bug and the box isn't there, that sucks. If not...

cut
thanks for the pic. :D It was a bug. I've just killed them all :lol
A question about The Legend of the Star quest:
i should meet a dude when i have 8 star caps, but i didn't meet anyone. This dude (tommy?) should give me seven star caps.

Heh, I'm running across a strange bug. Whenever I wait 24 hours (and considering I'm trying to get some merchants to restock their stuff, I'm doing this quite a lot lately), a Great Khan appears behind me, and my PoV gets a bit wonky, as though it's being pulled towards someone for conversation, only to stop mid-pull. I blew up the Khan with a Plasma Grenade in his pocket, only for him to reappear alive and well the next time I waited.

it'll warn you before the point of no return.

I played through the game as a good character and started a new game with an evil character, but I'm having the same problem as in fallout 3 - playing evil is boring.

Kurtofan

JodyAnthony said:
it'll warn you before the point of no return.

I played through the game as a good character and started a new game with an evil character, but I'm having the same problem as in fallout 3 - playing evil is boring.
Depends what you mean by evil.
If you mean "killing everyone" evil,then yeah you feel a bit alone.
But "asshole" evil is awesome.

I started a third playthrough and this time in Nipton
I blew Vulpe's head off.
I fled from the angry legionaries and when I came back a squad of assassins was sent after me.
Thankfully some merchants and mercenaries with plasma guns helped me flee er I mean fight them!
This game is so awesome!

BeeDog

Hmm, Fallout: New Vegas is updating now on Steam. Did they just release a patch? Going slow as hell.

EDIT:

Fallout: New Vegas - Version 1.1.1
Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
Fix: DLC error/save corruption
Fix: Stuttering with water effects
Fix: Severe performance issues with DirectX.
Fix: Controls temporarily disabled after reloading Cowboy Repeater while crouched
Fixed crash using the Euclid C-Finder while having the Heave Ho perk
Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
Fixed crash when buying duplicate caravan cards from a vendor in a single transaction
Crafting menu should filter valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
Fix: Sitting down while looking down a weapon's ironsights leaves player control locked
Fix: If a companion is knocked unconscious with broken limbs they stay broken on respawn
Fix for varmint night scope effect persisting in kill cam
Fix for giving companions armor that adds STR does not increase their carry weight
Fix NPC Repair menu displays DAM as DPS
Having NPC repair service rifle with forged receiver decreases CND

From the bethsoft forums....

- Companions now show up as waypoints on the map
- Companions will always fast travel with you, unless told to wait or sent away
- Crafting menu should filter valid (bright) recipes to the top of the list
- Fix: DLC error/save corruption
- Fix: Stuttering with water effects
- Fix: Severe performance issues with DirectX.

- Fix: Controls temporarily disabled after reloading Cowboy Repeater while crouched
- Fixed crash using the Euclid C-Finder while having the Heave Ho perk
- Fix: Entering the strip after Debt Collector causes crash and autosave corruption
- Fix: Using Mojave Express dropbox can cause DLC warnings
- Fixed crash when buying duplicate caravan cards from a vendor in a single transaction
- Fix: Sitting down while looking down a weapon's ironsights leaves player control locked
- Fix: If a companion is knocked uncon. with broken limbs they stay broken on respawn
- Fix for varmint night scope effect persisting in kill cam.
- Fix for giving companions armor that adds STR does not increase their carry weight
- Fix NPC Repair menu displays DAM as DPS
- Having NPC repair service rifle with forged receiver decreases CND.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1139189-the-update-just-went-live-on-steam/

Wallach

Sounds like the patch fixes the reloading bug. I'll check it out, kind of worried that they only mention a couple specific weapons when it affected quite a few more than those.

Edit - d3d9.dll fix no longer necessary.

Takuan

How do I get into the BoS bunkers in Hidden Valley? I've lockpicked everything and it's all rubble! To make matters worse, the patrolling troopers attack me on site. There's gotta be a diplomatic way to go about this...

d3d9.dll fix no longer necessary.
Sweet! Does the game even use any DX10-11 effects, though? I didn't notice any difference in the visuals when I used the .dll. :lol

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Takuan said:
How do I get into the BoS bunkers in Hidden Valley? I've lockpicked everything and it's all rubble! To make matters worse, the patrolling troopers attack me on site. There's gotta be a diplomatic way to go about this...
There is one that has a
Very Hard (100 difficulty) lock. Thats the one the BoS is behind.

8bit

Knows the Score
Takuan said:

I think ED-E will lead you to this if you follow that path.

Top Bottom