• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition Arrives in February

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
capitalCORN said:
So lonesome road is the last of the DLC? I was expecting five like they did with vanilla.

Yes, Lonesome Road ends the Courier's story. And there's one less DLC than Fallout 3, but Operation Anchorage and Mothership Zeta were fairly mediocre, whereas the only New Vegas DLC that's gotten mixed reception is generally Dead Money. That's three for three.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I never bought it day one since I haven't even played it yet. Now I'm tempted to get this.

Kurtofan

UnluckyKate said:
So how many DLC where really good ? Is this version really worth the additional bucks compared to vanilla ?
IMO all the DLCs were fine, they all have a different feel.
I think the best were OWB and LR.Really solid stuff.

UnluckyKate said:
So how many DLC where really good ? Is this version really worth the additional bucks compared to vanilla ?
Dead money is fun to play through once for it's story and characters but not anything special.
Honest hearts has a pretty great open world to explore and some fun quests while it lasts.
Old World Blues is the best one, really funny, really great world to explore and the main story quests are good.
Lonesome world is a nice mix of a good quest line and some worth while exploration.

Definitely worth it.

Coxswain

UnluckyKate said:
As a whole, I don't think there's a game out there with better DLC than New Vegas, period.
The weakest of the DLC (Honest Hearts) is still on par with something like Mass Effect 2's Lair of the Shadowbroker, and the others are all quite a bit better than that (unless you're one of the poor souls who doesn't 'get' Dead Money, which can be sort of love-or-hate).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ninja Kn1ght said:
Certainly sounds like the edition will have the DLC on all platforms.
I might get this on PS3 then. I haven't played this or Fallout 3 and I've been interested for a while. I've just heard terrible things about the Fallout 3 GotY edition on PS3 so I hope this one is OK.

Sullichin

For some reason this game never clicked with me like Fallout 3 did. I really liked it but I felt like I never got into my stride with my character. Game felt kind of empty, certainly devoid of dungeons. Maybe I should get back into it.

gbooster

Neo Member
It's weird to see how polarized people are about this game.

I think it's one of the best games I ever played and I liked it much more than Fallout3. The voice acting is awesome and the story is much better.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
reinforces my willing to wait for Skyrim. Mods + all DLC. I must stay strong.

Massa

Bought New Vegas day 1, sold a couple months later since the DLC was not released at the same time on the PS3, and then bought it again for $13.

I've been waiting for the DLC to go on sale on PSN and it has yet to happen. Don't be stupid Bethesda, 50% off that shit.

I saw the Vanilla game for £4.99 the other day, seriosuly tempted at that price. I got a feeling all the DLC will get a discount over Xmas too.

hmmm, what to do.

kai3345

Banned
C_H_T said:
Is the DLC any good?

Btw, just got the game.
I've only played Dead Money, but it was excellent.

I've heard great things about Old World Blues as well, I'm unsure about the other two

what the hell? can they not call it a Game of the Year edition??? way to seriously FUCK Obsidian in the face, assholes. It at least deserves that honor

Ridley327

Alpha-Bromega said:
what the hell? can they not call it a Game of the Year edition??? way to seriously FUCK Obsidian in the face, assholes. It at least deserves that honor
Doesn't it have to win a GOTY award to qualify? I don't seem to recall it winning one from a major site.

MRORANGE

box looks cool, lucky I never got any DLC for the game, althought they will probably be cheaper in the steam holiday sale

Massa

Ridley327 said:
Doesn't it have to win a GOTY award to qualify? I don't seem to recall it winning one from a major site.

I hereby pronounce Fallout: New Vegas the Game of The Year winner for this website.

Congrats, Obsidian! You may rename your game now.

ps: I'll send you the GOTY trophy when your check clears.

ps2: the website above is (C) NeoGAF.

Himself

Nice. As soon as I hear 360/ps3 version is relatively bug-free, I'm in. Been waiting for this. It'll hold me over until Skyrim Ultimate GOTY etc. edition.

Ravidrath

Time to sell my current copy and upgrade to this, I guess.

Definitely not picking up Skyrim until the Ultimate Edition or whatever is out now, though - if there was a DLC pass so I could get the DLC for half off it'd be worth getting it early, but the current scheme of theirs isn't worth it, IMO.

I'll drop $30, maybe $40 for this since I bought it for $30 when I got it. Any higher, I can wait

Seriously, I look at titles like this and I don't understand why there is so much hate for DLC. When done well it can be great

GeoramA

Yes! Finally! Played through New Vegas once and loved it, despite the bugs and constant freezing. Instead of starting a new game on hardcore mode, I traded it in early as possible for top value because I figured this would be coming.

Same month as Vita launch though...smh

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
They should really bundle and discount the DLC into one big pack to coincide with these sorts of releases, for the folks that already have the game. I know there's the occasional sale on the stuff individually, but it'd be nice to have something a little more streamlined and permanent.

Something like Gears 2's All Fronts pack should be a standard companion piece beside any GOTY release.

Hahaha, this game with it's DLC is going to be around $20 during the steam sale this holiday. I think I'll just pick that up since I don't need the weapon pack DLC's to pad the price up.

plc268

I have all the DLC, and I'm still stuck on dead money. I started it, and it just killed the mood for me. I've heard the others are good, so I just may have to suck it up and finish Dead Money finally.

plc268 said:
I have all the DLC, and I'm still stuck on dead money. I started it, and it just killed the mood for me. I've heard the others are good, so I just may have to suck it up and finish Dead Money finally.

Dead Money is the gaming equivalent of marmite. Some people (like me) love it to pieces, while others can't stand it. It's one of the few cases where I've been legitimately glued to the screen by a DLC expansion.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
awesome, always wanted to play this. i'll have several months to fuck around in Skyrim then i'm goin in (i'm goin in) i'm goin in

Mike M

Nick N
I suppose I should stop holding out hope for a disc release of the DLC independent of the Ultimate Edition? I only paid 10 bucks for NV and I haven't even played it yet, guess I wouldn't be taking *too* much of a bath to pick this up.

By the time I got around to playing FO3, I snagged the base game and both expansion discs for like 20 bucks total. It was a freakin' steal.

I'll gladly double dip, but I hope it's <$60. Didn't the leaked European listing have it at 30 Euros or something? I sunk 100 hours into vanilla, and I didn't even do all the companion quests.

Sullichin said:
For some reason this game never clicked with me like Fallout 3 did. I really liked it but I felt like I never got into my stride with my character. Game felt kind of empty, certainly devoid of dungeons. Maybe I should get back into it.

I had a similar experience - I was extremely excited when I first read about the game (Fallout 3 with game mechanics that had more than 5 minutes thought put into them! Made by people who actually understand/have interesting ideas about the Fallout world!), but was massively underwhelmed by the empty, ugly, often clumsy feeling game that followed.

After sitting unplayed for months I returned to it on a whim and promptly sunk over 180 hours into it over three different characters as well as learning to mod the game (check out The Strip Open!). I love it dearly now, but it's a flawed gem, and really isn't for everyone. Many of the game's strongest points (the eschewing of a simplistic player-saves-the-world narrative a la Fallout 3) are precisely why the game is intensely disliked by many (instead the player is asked to make a philisophical judgement based on ideas of government and personal freedom that can only make sense after investing a significant amount of time understanding the game world, and even then crucially one of the warring sides is so weakly fleshed out as to be a borderline caricature).

This release is a bargain and must have for anyone interested who's not got the game yet. Oh, and I'm on team Dead Money - fantastic experiment that although far from completely successful (much like the parent game itself) is interesting and thrilling in how different it is from the rest of the DLC/game experience. That people pillory it precisely for being different kind of makes me sad.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Finafuckingly. I was beginning to doubt this was coming. I kept waiting and waiting and now finally it is here! Wait justified!

UltraMav

Definitely picking this up for PC. Bought the original for 360 on release, but now that I have a decent rig I'm sticking to PC versions for Bethesda titles from now on. Easier to work around bugs and what not.

Top Bottom