• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fan shown sleeping on broadcast suing Yankees, ESPN for defamation

Status
Not open for further replies.

chugen

Did you guys even read the article?

iDcqI10nGOlyz.gif

cdyhybrid

I think he has a strong case. The announcers singled him out and attacked him for doing what any sane person would be doing at a baseball game.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
So what are the Vegas odds of this getting dismissed vs going to trial? 50 to 1?
Going to trial? 0. After reading the complaint (or the three pages posted on the smoking gun), the complaints against all defendants except Major League Baseball should be dismissed once they file their motion to dismiss, because the defendants did not, in fact, make those statements. The allegations against MLB in paragraph 17 of the complaint may but probably won't survive a MTD, assuming such a juxtaposition was made:
There's no way this will go to trial. The complaint was so poorly written that I can't believe it wasn't written by the Plaintiff himself.

I'm kind of inexplicably fascinated by the dude next to him getting into that chicken tender.

As for the snoozin fella, they may have kept on him a little too long, but that's something that just regularly happens on baseball broadcasts. There are a lot of lulls. This one's my favorite.

unbias

Going to trial? 0. After reading the complaint (or the three pages posted on the smoking gun), the complaints against all defendants except Major League Baseball should be dismissed once they file their motion to dismiss, because the defendants did not, in fact, make those statements. The allegations against MLB in paragraph 17 of the complaint may but probably won't survive a MTD, assuming such a juxtaposition was made:

There's no way this will go to trial. The complaint was so poorly written that I can't believe it was written by the Plaintiff himself.

I was being generous but ya, the suit is just crazy talk.

I guess I just can't understand how you would fall asleep at an event like this.

"Oh, my expensive second row seats at this Yankees game are so boring, I could fall asleep!"

I'm kind of inexplicably fascinated by the dude next to him getting into that chicken tender.

As for the snoozin fella, they may have kept on him a little too long, but that's something that just regularly happens on baseball broadcasts. There are a lot of lulls. This one's my favorite.

The commentators need to share their hand exercises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom