• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fan shown sleeping on broadcast suing Yankees, ESPN for defamation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ominym

Banned
He thinks sleeping is embarrassing? Has he seen Popcorn-guy?

popcorn-guy-2_medium.gif

BFIB

In the fans defense, by the 4th inning on a Red Sox/Yankees game, it's usually already past midnight.

Fox Mulder

They should really let defendants counter sue people that bring dumb lawsuits for millions of dollars.

wasting everyone's time.

WoodWERD

Bahahaha! I'm going to work "....vituperative utterances..." somewhere into a conversation tomorrow. And #13 "Nothing triggered all these assertions only that the plaintiff briefly slept off while watching the great game something or circumstance any one can easily found them self." Something tells me this guy found his 'lawyer' through the internets for an E-Z down payment of $999.

Respect

Hahaha, yeah, you think you were really shamed by the light hearted comments of the ESPN crew...check back in a couple days of the gifs and comments about you my friend. Just know you brought the incoming vitriol to yourself. No one even cared before today.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
For someone concerned about being disparaged by internet trolls after a public shaming, he done Streisand Effect-ed himself.

You know what....

In this day & age, they have to know that if you train a camera on someone doing something even mildly silly or unattractive, the internet is going to devour it and basically ruin the life of the subject and a not give a single flying fuck.

For 10 seconds of on-air yucks, I am sure that the guy DOES have a case as far as embarrassing the fuck out of him and in a way, publicly shaming/disgracing him. People have zero manners. Can you imagine the guy walking down New Lots avenue where people speak before thinking? God. Is it worth 10million dollars? No. But does he have a case?

I don't know. That's what laywers are for. He was in a public place at a televised event, so he had to know that if he nodded off... there's a chance one of those cameras would catch it. I bet he said he has a 1 in 22,000 chance of getting "caught" and decided to snooze.

I think there is a case here.

Back in 2001, I spent the summer working crowd control for the Red Sox with a few friends.

During one game, my friend was assigned the seat on the third base line, the guy who usually catches grounded foul balls. On one particularly sharply hit ball, he booted the ball, Buckner-style, and it went off the back wall and careened into the shallow outfield. As he scrambled to go get it, the shortstop turned around and snickered, and when we saw the replayed broadcast later on NESN, we found that the announcers had given him quite a hard time.

His dad and brother were visiting from Colorado and were at the game.

We taped it, and then showed it at our next house party.

No one was harmed during the course of these events.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
You know what....

In this day & age, they have to know that if you train a camera on someone doing something even mildly silly or unattractive, the internet is going to devour it and basically ruin the life of the subject and a not give a single flying fuck.

For 10 seconds of on-air yucks, I am sure that the guy DOES have a case as far as embarrassing the fuck out of him and in a way, publicly shaming/disgracing him. People have zero manners. Can you imagine the guy walking down New Lots avenue where people speak before thinking? God. Is it worth 10million dollars? No. But does he have a case?

I don't know. That's what laywers are for. He was in a public place at a televised event, so he had to know that if he nodded off... there's a chance one of those cameras would catch it. I bet he said he has a 1 in 22,000 chance of getting "caught" and decided to snooze.

There isn't.

You know what....

jags_medium.gif

You know what....

Tell your client that 10 million is bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom