• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

UberTag

Just traded Dougie Martin for Gronk. Feeling meeeeehhh about it. Hate to give up an RB1 for a TE, but I've dropped to 2-4, and I have RB depth. Thinking of starting Ridley/Spiller, and seeing if I can increase my upside.

How bad did I fuck up/did I win this trade? I'm 3 on waivers, hopefully I can scoop Jacobs for these few weeks.
If it makes you feel any better, I fucked up a Doug Martin trade earlier this season in a league where I'm now 6-0.
Dealt Doug Martin for Julio Jones and David Wilson.

You will recover even if Gronk doesn't play a single down this season.

Vyer

I'm in a non gaf league where I'm pretty set at RB. Currently I have Lynch, Gore, Ridley and Lacy. I need WR help. What kind of value should I be looking for for Lacy? Is Nicks fair or am I aiming too low or too high?

Start Fitz vs Hawks this week? Or bench him for Harry Douglas?
Ugh, I'd use Fitz. Hary Douglas has had chances for years and did squat.
Given the options of GB vs CLE or CAR vs TB this week, which defense would you guy roll with?
Carolina. Cleveland has too many offensive weapons and a strongarmed QB to use them. Plus the GB secondary/LBs are decimated.
I'm in a non gaf league where I'm pretty set at RB. Currently I have Lynch, Gore, Ridley and Lacy. I need WR help. What kind of value should I be looking for for Lacy? Is Nicks fair or am I aiming too low or too high?
Lacy is a Top 10 RB right now. You're not dealing him w/o getting a at least a Garcon/FItzgerald (low side) to Jordy Nelson (might have to play around to make it work).

LevelNth

Banned
Need some bench advice, which I admit is boring. It's getting crowded thanks to the likes of having Gronk (so I'm carrying Garrett Graham as well) and Wilson (who I don't want to drop yet), so that whittles down the 6 spots to 4 already (I even have Vereen too but thankfully there is an IR spot).

Right now I'm carrying Bryce Brown (I don't have Shady), Willis McGahee, Andre Ellington and I just picked up Boykin as an emergency WR (I have Caljo).

I have Forte and think I should start carrying Bush, would you do this over one of those other guys?

Another factor is I currently have priority 1 on the WW, so I was thinking I could make some moves on Saturday, which pushes the guys dropped to after the games and I could get someone back if need be.

Long sorry, thoughts?

DSmalls84

Pick 2 to start

Giovani Bernard Det
Eddie Lacy Cle
Ray Rice @Pit

Leaning towards Lacy and Rice, but have been considering benching Rice for Bernard.

Vyer

Need some bench advice, which I admit is boring. It's getting crowded thanks to the likes of having Gronk (so I'm carrying Garrett Graham as well) and Wilson (who I don't want to drop yet), so that whittles down the 6 spots to 4 already (I even have Vereen too but thankfully there is an IR spot).

Right now I'm carrying Bryce Brown (I don't have Shady), Willis McGahee, Andre Ellington and I just picked up Boykin as an emergency WR (I have Caljo).

I have Forte and think I should start carrying Bush, would you do this over one of those other guys?

Another factor is I currently have priority 1 on the WW, so I was thinking I could make some moves on Saturday, which pushes the guys dropped to after the games and I could get someone back if need be.

Long sorry, thoughts?

Why bother with Brown? Or maybe you could see if the McCoy owner is willing to deal?

I'm trying to trade for T-Rich. Why? I don't know. I want to make a trade.

The T-Rich owner just isn't biting, despite the fact I'm giving him probably more than fair value. Here's what I proposed:

Either Lamar Miller or Zac Stacy AND
Either Mike Wallace or Steve Smith

FOR

Trent Richardson

In the league, we start 2 RBs and 3 WRs. I've got Alf Morris, Steve Ridley, Lamar Miller, and Zac Stacy at RB, with D-Jax, Jordy, Mike Wallace, Steve Smith, and Keenan Allen at WR. Clearly I've got plenty of depth at WR, but my RB2 spot is a bit shaky, thus the attempt for a minor upgrade with potential upside in T-Rich.

The T-Rich owner has Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, and Le'Veon Bell at RB, with Kenbrell Thompkins, Julian Edelman, Leonard Hankerson, and Hartline at WR. In my opinion, he'd take a minor hit at RB, if any, and upgrade at WR considerably.

I'm giving up more than fair value, right? The T-Rich owner should be jumping at this, right? Or am I just looking at this all wrong?

sangreal

I wouldn't take that trade if I were him. He is already weak at RB and Miller/Stacy are probably a downgrade from the already reduced expectations for t-rich. Miller because the coach insists on involving Thomas and Stacy because the Rams are terrible. Wallace or Smith would fit right in with his existing set of unreliable receivers. With that group he should be able to upgrade for free off the WW unless it's a super deep league

I'm trying to trade for T-Rich. Why? I don't know. I want to make a trade.

The T-Rich owner just isn't biting, despite the fact I'm giving him probably more than fair value. Here's what I proposed:

Either Lamar Miller or Zac Stacy AND
Either Mike Wallace or Steve Smith

FOR

Trent Richardson

In the league, we start 2 RBs and 3 WRs. I've got Alf Morris, Steve Ridley, Lamar Miller, and Zac Stacy at RB, with D-Jax, Jordy, Mike Wallace, Steve Smith, and Keenan Allen at WR. Clearly I've got plenty of depth at WR, but my RB2 spot is a bit shaky, thus the attempt for a minor upgrade with potential upside in T-Rich.

The T-Rich owner has Chris Johnson, Steven Jackson, and Le'Veon Bell at RB, with Kenbrell Thompkins, Julian Edelman, Leonard Hankerson, and Hartline at WR. In my opinion, he'd take a minor hit at RB, if any, and upgrade at WR considerably.

I'm giving up more than fair value, right? The T-Rich owner should be jumping at this, right? Or am I just looking at this all wrong?

I wouldn't take that trade if I were him. He is already weak at RB and Miller/Stacy are probably a downgrade from the already reduced expectations for t-rich. Miller because the coach insists on involving Thomas and Stacy because the Rams are terrible. Wallace or Smith would fit right in with his existing set of unreliable receivers. With that group he should be able to upgrade for free off the WW unless it's a super deep league

Miller had an awful outing last time, but he dominated the snaps over Daniel Thomas. There's still upside there.

I agree that the Rams are not a good team, but Stacy has looked very good there. It appears that he's head and shoulders above the competition, so he'll get the vast majority of touches.

It's not a super deep league, as we have pretty small benches, but his best available options on the waiver wire are Harry Douglas and Reuben Randle. I like Randle, especially if Nicks is traded (potentially Top 20 or 25 production), but regardless, there isn't much out there. Certainly not Top 25 guys like Smith and Wallace.

I guess the hard part is determining how to value T-Rich. If he's the same guy we've seen so far this season, he's worth nothing more than Zac Stacy alone. If he reaches his potential, however, my offer is weak.

Should I try to trade Calvin Johnson and Denver Defense for Marshawn Lynch and Chiefs D? Is that good for me? Is it relatively balanced? Does it seem like something the other guy might consider?

EDIT: Here's my team. Is RB something I should be most concerned with even? Any suggestions on what I should try to do to sure up my team? I'm 2-4 now so I need help.

i1T9Qe0y2kWb.jpg

VoxPop

Should I try to trade Calvin Johnson and Denver Defense for Marshawn Lynch and Chiefs D? Is that good for me? Is it relatively balanced? Does it seem like something the other guy might consider?

EDIT: Here's my team. Is RB something I should be most concerned with even? Any suggestions on what I should try to do to sure up my team? I'm 2-4 now so I need help.

i1T9Qe0y2kWb.jpg

Seems like a solid deal on your part. Megatron has been a no show and Lynch + Chiefs D have been beasts. You can put in Garcon as your WR and eventually Percy. Lynch is definitely a mega upgrade from Lacy as well. I would definitely take this deal. Is this a PPR league?

gutshot

Which QB should I start this week?

E. Manning vs. MIN
S. Bradford vs. CAR

Alternately, I could pick up Josh Freeman going against the terrible Giants D. But I'm not sure what to expect from him in his first game with Minnesota.

Any advice, GAF?

Update - the guy I was trying to work a deal with wants Andre Ellington and Calvin Johnson for Marshawn Lynch. He wont give up the Chiefs D. Would I be giving up too much now?

Update - the guy I was trying to work a deal with wants Andre Ellington and Calvin Johnson for Marshawn Lynch. He wont give up the Chiefs D. Would I be giving up too much now?

I would probably do that. But I'm not as high on Ellington as others (I think his touches will continue to be limited), and I'm a little worried about Megatron's health (not really worried about Lynch).

Petrie

Banned
I've got some decent options in my 12-man .5 PPr league. We start QB/3WR/2RB/TE/Flex and I'm locked and loaded outside of Flex with Megatron, Welker, Gordon, Lacy, Martin, and Cameron. At flex though I'm torn. Typically Fitz would be the no brainer but he is still injured on the short week, and my other options aren't horrible.

Who would you start between

Fitz
Powell
Stacy
Durham

I'm leaning most towards Stacy at the moment but could definitely be convinced otherwise. Help is very appreciated.

Think I would rather play Romo this week. Rodger's receivers are pretty banged up and Joe Haden will be covering one of them.

Romo pissed me off last week, after Manning Bowl with his 500 yards, he throws for like 200 yards and 1 TD last week. Then again, it's the Eagles this time, and it will probably be a high scoring game this week. Also, Demarco Murray is out, so I can see more passing for DAL.

This should be enough to overwhelmingly go with Romo, but I just have this feeling with Rodgers. Probably because he's playing my Browns. lol

DSmalls84

Romo pissed me off last week, after Manning Bowl with his 500 yards, he throws for like 200 yards and 1 TD last week. Then again, it's the Eagles this time, and it will probably be a high scoring game this week. Also, Demarco Murray is out, so I can see more passing for DAL.

This should be enough to overwhelmingly go with Romo, but I just have this feeling with Rodgers. Probably because he's playing my Browns. lol

Yeah Rodgers is a qb that I would probably play any given week over everyone but Manning/Brees. The matchup is good for Romo (Glennon threw 2 tds last week against Philly) but I could understand playing Rodgers over him. It would just worry me that Rodgers has been limited to about 1 td per game over the last few weeks against good defenses. Couple that with less receiver options/Joe Haden and Rodgers could have another mediocre game.

UberTag

Damn... I cut it real close with my Andre Brown adds in 4 of 5 my leagues this morning.
Rotoworld decided to announce his status to the world less than 10 minutes after I grabbed him in my last league.

The trick to winning fantasy these days is to use Twitter and other resources to get the jump on Rotoworld. After they jump in, you're basically fighting over scraps.

Damn... I cut it real close with my Andre Brown adds in 4 of 5 my leagues this morning.
Rotoworld decided to announce his status to the world less than 10 minutes after I grabbed him in my last league.

The trick to winning fantasy these days is to use Twitter and other resources to get the jump on Rotoworld. After they jump in, you're basically fighting over scraps.

You in 10 or 12 team leagues?

UberTag

You in 10 or 12 team leagues?
I added Brown in two 16-team leagues.
One 10-team league where I had an IR slot still open.
And another 10-team league with deep benches where I'm trying to run the table (currently 6-0) and can start 3 running backs weekly.

i1T9Qe0y2kWb.jpg

Why the hell do they allow a lot of bench players? It makes the waiver wire pointless.

Hmm should I take out Doug Martin or Woodhead for Joseph Randle this week? I feel like Woodhead will have a nice game against the Jags although this particular league isn't PPR so not quite as valuable. Martin I'm hanging in there with and hope he'll turn things around but the Eagles are a nice squishy match up for RBs, will Randle be a stud or dud? I'm leaning on Martin and Woodhead but I'd like to get Randle in there. No way am I taking Reggie Bush out, that's the one certainty.

Lorien

Banned
Hmm should I take out Doug Martin or Woodhead for Joseph Randle this week? I feel like Woodhead will have a nice game against the Jags although this particular league isn't PPR so not quite as valuable. Martin I'm hanging in there with and hope he'll turn things around but the Eagles are a nice squishy match up for RBs, will Randle be a stud or dud? I'm leaning on Martin and Woodhead but I'd like to get Randle in there. No way am I taking Reggie Bush out, that's the one certainty.

Things aren't getting any better for Martin. Lost a guard this week. I'd start Randle but keep an eye on that situation as Murray still has a chance to play that game. It should be more clear tomorrow.

Things aren't getting any better for Martin. Lost a guard this week. I'd start Randle but keep an eye on that situation as Murray still has a chance to play that game. It should be more clear tomorrow.

I think if Murray plays he'll be extremely limited but still, that would give Martin a lot more touches. Bucs looked a bit better last week and Atl run D isn't good so I'm hoping he'll have a decent performance. Nicks went out, right? how early in the game was it?

Pick 2 to start

Giovani Bernard Det
Eddie Lacy Cle
Ray Rice @Pit

Leaning towards Lacy and Rice, but have been considering benching Rice for Bernard.
I would go with Bernard. I have Rice on my team and i'm forced to use him this week. He's been total garbage. Maybe this will be the week he turns it around

Petrie

Banned
I've got some decent options in my 12-man .5 PPr league. We start QB/3WR/2RB/TE/Flex and I'm locked and loaded outside of Flex with Megatron, Welker, Gordon, Lacy, Martin, and Cameron. At flex though I'm torn. Typically Fitz would be the no brainer but he is still injured on the short week, and my other options aren't horrible.

Who would you start between

Fitz
Powell
Stacy
Durham

I'm leaning most towards Stacy at the moment but could definitely be convinced otherwise. Help is very appreciated.

Quoting because I am desperate for input on Fitz. Ungh

rando14

Would like your advice on who to start this weekend please!

Reggie Bush Det - RB
Sun 10:00 am vs Cin

Alfred Morris Was - RB
Sun 10:00 am vs Chi

Eddie Lacy GB - RB
Sun 1:25 pm vs Cle

My first guess would be morris and bush, but bush is in a tough matchup, and Lacy should be getting a ton of carries given GB's WR dilemma

Reggie Bush Det - RB

Alfred Morris Was - RB

Eddie Lacy GB - RB

My first guess would be morris and bush, but bush is in a tough matchup, and Lacy should be getting a ton of carries given GB's WR dilemma
Bush and Lacy.

What site do you guys use to see detailed FF analysis. I'm particularly looking for a site that shows how many points/TDs are allowed by defenses for each specific position like WR1s, WR2, WR3s, TEs, etc.

gutshot

What site do you guys use to see detailed FF analysis. I'm particularly looking for a site that shows how many points/TDs are allowed by defenses for each specific position like WR1s, WR2, WR3s, TEs, etc.

I use Yahoo and they have that baked into the league. Don't think it is viewable to people outside of a Yahoo league though.

UberTag

Reggie Bush Det - RB

Alfred Morris Was - RB

Eddie Lacy GB - RB

Bush and Lacy.
I'm going to make things more confusing for you by disagreeing with Frankman. I think you should start Lacy and Morris... only leaning on Reggie in that "tough matchup" if Joique doesn't play (he's currently questionable).

I think Reggie will put up OKish numbers as receiving RBs have done better against the Bengals than pure rushing types and should come close to matching Forte's output against them in Week 1. I just think there's more upside and less risk from the other contests.

Morris gets handed a Bears Front 7 that's been decimated by injuries and made Old Man Jacobs look superhuman last week. With RGIII getting the green light to start rushing more himself, it will only open up more lanes for Morris to exploit.

Just look at the output against the Bears D the past three weeks:
- Week 4 - Reggie Bush (139 yards rushing, 34 yards receiving, 1 rushing TD)
- Week 5 - Pierre Thomas (36 yards rushing, 55 yards receiving, 2 receiving TDs)
- Week 6 - Brandon Jacobs (106 yards rushing, 8 yards receiving, 2 rushing TDs)

You DO NOT bench anyone semi-decent against the Bears D right now. And Morris is better than semi-decent. This works out well for you because they get Lacy and Bush in their next two games.

As for Lacy, your logic is sound... the Packers are going to lean HEAVY on their run game this week with only Nelson and terrible Finley as experienced hands to catch the ball. That means Lacy could flirt with 30 touches and Kuhn will get some work as well. (As will Franklin until he fumbles the ball again and gets benched.)

Top Bottom