• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

I'd give the edge to Tompkins. About as many targets and yards per carry as Boldin but Tompkins gets in the endzone more. Combine that with the home game thing, Amendola out, and a much easier opposing defense in the Jets compared to the Titans.

I had the Broncos as my DST and just dropped them for Miami (against Buffalo). Did I do the smart thing or should I have stuck it out with Denver since they get Bailey and Von Miller back this week?

thekad

Banned
SJax is never coming back :/

I'm sort of hoping he just takes another few weeks off and comes back 100% by Week 10 for the stretch run. Then again I'm in a really good position already. Those in a must win situation every week should probably consider giving up on him.

Two spots open

Cecil Shorts III vs. SD (gametime decision, won't be 100%)
Aaron Dobson @ NYJ (played almost every snap and will benefit from attention to Gronk)
Marlon Brown @ PIT (good week and appears to have held off Jones for #2 WR)
Tim Wright @ ATL (rapport with Mike Glennon as his checkdown)

Could also nab Jeremy Kerley (vs. NE) off waivers

Tim Wright @ ATL (rapport with Mike Glennon as his checkdown)

I've been curious about getting him off the waivers myself. With Olsen still dinged up and doing nothing last week and Fleener being healthy but his involvement is streaky as hell. Wright could be an interesting choice with Atlanta giving up some of the most fantasy points to QBs AND TEs. Nine targets and 10.6 YPC is not too shabby for a TE.

EDIT: Jeff Cumberland looks like he could be interesting as well.

Milabrega

Think Stevie Johnson will do anything for the rest of the season? I'm in a ppr league where waivers only resets when you use it so I'm currently #1 and someone dropped Stevie to waivers on Thursday. I probably wont have the opportunity to grab him if he clears someone will be using their waiver on him (14 team league). I'd be dropping Marlon Brown for him.

Start Boldin or Thompkins this week? Other positions are locked in.

Boldin's due a great game again. Not sure he gets it this week, but I like him better than Thompkins with Gronk back.

SJax is never coming back :/

He's obviously cursed the Falcons.

Think Stevie Johnson will do anything for the rest of the season? I'm in a ppr league where waivers only resets when you use it so I'm currently #1 and someone dropped Stevie to waivers on Thursday. I probably wont have the opportunity to grab him if he clears someone will be using their waiver on him (14 team league). I'd be dropping Marlon Brown for him.

Not until E.J. comes back. Thad is such a wild card.

UberTag

Stevie may have better games this season but he's not worth burning #1 waiver priority for.
Save it for a hot pickup down the road.

Really debating starting Lacy or Bernard. (ppr league)

Lacy has been getting more touches / Bernard has been getting a nice volume of throws his way

Stevie Johnson vs Mia ( I ended up using the waiver on him) or Mike Williams vs ATL?

Bilal Powell vs NE or Joseph Randel vs Phi?

Stevie's has way more upside today, I think Glennon throws more to Vincent Jackson and Williams is still banged up.

Powell, as Cowboy won't be running a lot against the Eagles, going to be high scoring lots of throwing.

stevie Johnson or m. bennet for flex? .5 ppr. thanks

Bennett has a nice matchup and Cutler looks for him plenty, I'd opt for him.

Alright, you guys helped me out a lot last week. I won the game.

Hopefully its not too late to ask this question:

Which 3 of these 5 WRs would you start this week?

Pierre Garcon
Jordy Nelson
DeSean Jackson
TY Hilton
Dwayne Bowe

Alright, you guys helped me out a lot last week. I won the game.

Hopefully its not too late to ask this question:

Which 3 of these 5 WRs would you start this week?

Pierre Garcon
Jordy Nelson
DeSean Jackson
TY Hilton
Dwayne Bowe

Haden on Nelson, and Houston is tough against the pass. Hilton and Jackson should have huge games.

I'm blowing my team up after this week. I have:

QB Luck
RB1 A. Peterson
RB2 Forte
WR1 D. Thomas
WR2 Garcon
TE M. Bennet
Flex Moreno

Defense Colts
Kicker New Orleans kicker

And a very solid bench. I'm going to be 3-4 after this week. What in the fuck?

My opponent has Foster so I caught a break there. Hamstring injury doesn't look like he's returning.

Hopefully Chris Johnson can do SOMETHING against the Niner D.

I traded for Alshon Jeffrey and Fred Jackson this week and both had pretty good production.

My opponent has Foster so I caught a break there. Hamstring injury doesn't look like he's returning.

Hopefully Chris Johnson can do SOMETHING against the Niner D.

I traded for Alshon Jeffrey and Fred Jackson this week and both had pretty good production.
CJ is actually having a good game, but Locker being in takes away any chance of receptions for him (Fitz has no problem targeting CJ). Also the lead is so large they're abandoning the run game,

CJ is actually having a good game, but Locker being in takes away any chance of receptions for him (Fitz has no problem targeting CJ). Also the lead is so large they're abandoning the run game,

Yeah that's what really sucks. The offense doesn't go to him at all on short passes when Locker is in there. I was surprised at how fast CJ looked early in the game. Should have gone to him more.

It's gonna come down to tonight for my league game. I have TY Hilton (and Kyle Rudolph tomorrow night) and he has Julian Thomas. We are almost dead even in points right now.

Ninja Scooter, you see what happens when they pass to CJ? It's mindbogglingly stupid they don't get him out in space more. You just won your matchup.

I need Moreno to outdo JT by 11 points this week...:/

Ninja Scooter, you see what happens when they pass to CJ? It's mindbogglingly stupid they don't get him out in space more. You just won your matchup.

When he was amassing tons of yards he was also a reasonably good RB receiver:

2008: 43 of 62: 260yds, 1TD - Kerry Collins
2009: 50 of 71: 503yds, 2TD - Vince Young / Kerry Collins
2010: 44 of 57: 245yds, 1TD - Vince Young / Kerry Collins
2011: 57 of 79: 418yds - Matt Hasselbeck

After the Locker era started the receiving stats fell off a cliff.

Both the guy I'm going against and I are doing crap so far. I have a 20 point lead and have Nicks and Hilton left, but he has Luck, Peterson, and Decker left.

DSmalls84

Had Luck, Hilton and D. Thomas last night against the person who has Peyton, Welker and Vinateri. Only ahead by 3 points and they still have Kyle Rudolph. Sucks that I'm going to lose even though this was my second highest point total of the year :(

what's worse is that they plugged in Mike tolbert and Zac Stacy and got almost as many points at RB as my team with Lynch, Rice, and Lacy. bah.

you guys think i should make this trade? the guy wants receivers (my depth), i need a running back

mike wallace/colston/harry douglas + trent richardson for ryan mathews

Slacker

you guys think i should make this trade? the guy wants receivers (my depth), i need a running back

mike wallace/colston/harry douglas + trent richardson for ryan mathews

In a perfect world, T-rich would finally have a decent game and you could trade high on him, but sadly I don't see how that will ever happen. Still it's not a terrible deal if it helps you out. Maybe try to sell your trade partner on the idea that Douglas is more valuable due to Atlanta's situation right now and get him to throw in another player.

Top Bottom