• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

VoxPop

Should I trade Trent Richardson & Marques Colson for DeSean Jackson?

Current Team:
QB - P. Manning, J. Flacco
WR - D. Thomas, M. Colston, B. Hartline
RB - K. Moreno, L. Bell, D. Williams, T. Richardson
TE - R. Gronkowski, C. Clay
K - R. Succop
DEF - New England, St. Louis

Thanks.

Hell to the no :) That's a terrible trade. Especially with Vick out.

DSmalls84

Picked up Harry Douglas today for some receiver depth. I just dropped Marlon Brown to pick him up and didn't use my waiver priority so I figured it was worth the gamble. Hopefully I will get a guy that I can plug in on bye weeks and get 8-10 points from.

Edit: I also need some Start advice for the week.

Pick 2:
T.Y. Hilton @ SD
Steve Smith @ MIN
Eddie Lacy @ BAL

Picked up Harry Douglas today for some receiver depth. I just dropped Marlon Brown to pick him up and didn't use my waiver priority so I figured it was worth the gamble. Hopefully I will get a guy that I can plug in on bye weeks and get 8-10 points from.

Edit: I also need some Start advice for the week.

Pick 2:
T.Y. Hilton @ SD
Steve Smith @ MIN
Eddie Lacy @ BAL
... Marlon Brown is better than Douglas (see last page). Douglas has had chances for YEARS and done jack.

TY and Lacy.

DSmalls84

Marlon brown is a good red zone target but his yardage totals and catches usually seem pretty low. There's no way that douglas with enough volume could be more consistent?

Edit: Roddy White was dropped in my league should I waiver for him instead? He seems like he could be pretty close to not returning this season as well. Besides him the only other option is vincent brown.

Marlon brown is a good red zone target but his yardage totals and catches usually seem pretty low. There's no way that douglas with enough volume could be more consistent?

Edit: Roddy White was dropped in my league should I waiver for him instead? He seems like he could be pretty close to not returning this season as well. Besides him the only other option is vincent brown.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3161/roddy-white

Actually V. Brown and White (stash) are better than Brown and Douglas.

V. Brown>>>M. Brown>>>R. White>>>Douglas, but that's just my opinion.

I also picked up Douglas for some bye week depth, though I only gave up Eric weddle so it was pretty low risk.

Anyways, I need to pick two out of the three:
Santana Moss
Zac Stacy
Mike Williams

Leaning towards Stacy and Moss, but Williams/Moss are both going up against scrub defenses in Dallas and Philly

Trying to decide which WR's to start this week. Starting Alshon Jeffery for sure, pick 2 of these 3:

Hakeem Nicks vs Bears

Dwayne Bowe vs Raiders

T.Y. Hilton vs Chargers

VoxPop

Thanks. B. Hartline & T. Richardson for D. Jackson okay? Sorry, never traded before.

I personally wouldnt give up a top 15 back for a top 15 wr but its up to you. Not sure what your league looks like right now either. Trents workload will definitely go up too now that Bradshaw is out and Donald Brown is meh.

unknownstranger said:
Trying to decide which WR's to start this week. Starting Alshon Jeffery for sure, pick 2 of these 3:

Hakeem Nicks vs Bears

Dwayne Bowe vs Raiders

T.Y. Hilton vs Chargers

Tough one.

I would definitely play TY against a shoddy SD defense

Bowe hasnt looked amazing but is OAK.. Nicks will either blow up or do nothing at all. Complete wildcard.

Okay I need some help choosing my FLEX in my 12 man non ppr

Jerome Simpson @ CAR * if Freeman is throwing

Donald Brown @ SD

Vincent Brown @ IND

Miles Austin @ WAS * if he plays

Guy wants to trade me Arian Foster if I give him Forte and Garcon. I'm going to say no, but only because this is a PPR league and Forte has been a monster this year. If he gave me Colston along with Foster I would consider it.

DSmalls84

I dropped Douglas and was able to pick up White off of the waivers. Hopefully I can hold him for a few weeks and get a solid WR2. After looking at the rest of the Falcons schedule, I just don't think Douglas will be able to beat most of the corners he would be matched up against. Two matches vs Revis (if he's #1) and then another with Sherman or Browner. Hard to see him being successful if he's the top guy.

i wouldn't do it. Colston is really getting killed by Sproles/Graham sucking up everything.
Colston owners like myself are sth because getting no touches. I'm trying to see if I get someone to trade for him

Also, is it worth starting Wesker this week? Horrible matchup because I have a feeling Broncos gonna only have starters out there for a half.

I have Witten and Powell in the bench to use.

DSmalls84

Colston owners like myself are sth because getting no touches. I'm trying to see if I get someone to trade for him

Also, is it worth starting Wesker this week? Horrible matchup because I have a feeling Broncos gonna only have starters out there for a half.

I have D Thomas and I'm starting him. Until the offense slows down they are all weekly must starts. Welker has probably been the most consistent of all of them so I say roll with him.

goober

Should I drop J. Bell for a kicker? I have plenty of WRs on my bench doe.

Have Mike Wallace, Keenan Allen (just picked him up), Miles Austin.

ugh, tough decisions in my NQ5 League. 16-teamer, standard scoring and KR/PR is 25 yards per point.

Chris Johnson @ Seattle
Willis McGahee vs. Detroit

Agonized over this for awhile. CJ3ypcK will not run on the Seahawks but Fitzmagic has shown he'll pass to CJ out of the backfield, and Johnson is a home run hitter. While McGahee doesn't have a ton left he's got a great matchup, gets 20-25 carries per game and is the goalline back. Leaning towards McGahee.

Marlon Brown vs. Green Bay
Jeremy Kerley vs. Pittsburgh

Torn about this. Brown has a nice matchup with all the GB corners hurt, but it's Flacco and Baltimore seems like they want to establish the run game. Kerley has had good games with Geno Smith and does get return yardage but Pitts' secondary is pretty good, leaning towards Kerley.

Suggestions to both plz?

I have D Thomas and I'm starting him. Until the offense slows down they are all weekly must starts. Welker has probably been the most consistent of all of them so I say roll with him.
But John Fox isn't the type to run a score up. PeyPey gonna have at least 3 td's. But I see them running alot

Hmm. Someone offered me Doug Martin. Forgetting what I give up, how much better/worse can I expect him to be this season?

Chris Johnson @ Seattle
Willis McGahee vs. Detroit

Marlon Brown vs. Green Bay
Jeremy Kerley vs. Pittsburgh

I'm rolling McGahee this week. The Browns have to run. My gut says CJ has a TD but that's not worth much if he has only 30 yards to go with it. McGahee on the other hand is one of the top red zone rushers in the NFL in terms of opportunity.

I have no fear rolling Kerley against the embarrassing Steelers so long as Holmes is out. Otherwise Brown is a lock for 50 yards with a chance at a score. My gut says Kerley here since he also does returns.

Vyer

It might be one hell of a half though.

Guys, I'm 2-3 and in need of help. Should I propose a trade to get Dez Bryant in exchange for Megatron?

(12 man ppr. Other WRs are Garcon, Harvin, R Woods, K Allen)

Also, which RB2 should I start today - Bernard, Lacy, or Ellington? I'm leaning towards Bernard.

CrankyJay

Banned
I'm torn between starting Ben Jarvis Green Ellis or CJ Spiller today...

For BJGE, the Bills run D has been pretty decent, and Giovani has been eating some of his workload. But he's good for vulturing goal line TDs.

For Spiller, FJ has been vulturing goalline TDs, and with Thad Lewis in I expect CIN to stack the box against the run. Plus Spiller's ankle still isn't 100%.

Right now I'm giving the edge to BJGE, but Spiller always has the potential for a breakout play.

Thoughts?

Enfinit

Ted Ginn, Davone Bess, or Rod Streater today? (PPR league).

I have Ginn in my line-up strictly off match-up, but Streater could pay off. Bess is always a consistent 7-9 points. Not sure who to start.

Petrie

Banned
I have Fitz in my Flex spot in our .5PPR league. My other option is Powell but he plays at 1 so I have to decide before we get final news on Fitz going or not. What do you guys think? I don't see any late FA options who would be particularly interesting to plus in.

Milabrega

CrankyJay, I would start Spiller in your position.
Petrie, I would stick with Fits, Powell is now in a 3 back backfield which hurt his production last week.
Blackghost, I would go McGahee.

I need to start 2 in PPR, Kenbrell Thompkins, Leanard Hankerson and Stephen Hill, who do you guys think?

Santonio is out at the Jets, Gronk still gone in NE and Hankerson might be in a shootout vs Dallas.

Ted Ginn, Davone Bess, or Rod Streater today? (PPR league).

I have Ginn in my line-up strictly off match-up, but Streater could pay off. Bess is always a consistent 7-9 points. Not sure who to start.

I'd stick with Ginn, Those consistant points came from Hoyer mainly, Weeden didn't use hm much games 1-2.

CrankyJay

Banned
CrankyJay, I would start Spiller in your position.
Petrie, I would stick with Fits, Powell is now in a 3 back backfield which hurt his production last week.
Blackghost, I would go McGahee.

I need to start 2 in PPR, Kenbrell Thompkins, Leanard Hankerson and Stephen Hill, who do you guys think?

Santonio is out at the Jets, Gronk still gone in NE and Hankerson might be in a shootout vs Dallas.

Thanks. I rethought it and put Spiller in.

Chris Johnson or Stephan Ridley?

Johnson is going against Seattle's stingy defense in Seattle. Hard to recommend him, but Ridley's been garbage all season.

Do you have any other options? If not, I guess I'd sway towards Johnson in case he gets a busted coverage on a few pass plays.

Milabrega

I would start CJ even with the D match up. Ridley is trying to play through injury still in a 3 back system and hasn't done much when healthy. CJ's ceiling is higher and avg points is probably better too.

I didn't realize this thread existed. I have a couple hard decisions to make on RBs and WRs this week and am wondering what GAF would do:

Which 2 of these RBs would you guys start this week?

Alfred Morris @ Cowboys
Danny Woodhead @ Indy
Fred Jackson vs Cinci

Which 3 of these WRs would you start this week?

DeSean Jackson @ TB
Jordy Nelson @ Ravens
TY Hilton @ SD
Pierre Garcon @ Dallas
Dwayne Bowe vs Oakland

rando14

I didn't realize this thread existed. I have a couple hard decisions to make on RBs and WRs this week and am wondering what GAF would do:

Alfred Morris @ Cowboys
Danny Woodhead @ Indy
Fred Jackson vs Cinci

DeSean Jackson @ TB
Jordy Nelson @ Ravens
TY Hilton @ SD
Pierre Garcon @ Dallas
Dwayne Bowe vs Oakland

IMO Morris/Fredex and DJax/Jordy/Garcon

Alfred Morris @ Cowboys
Danny Woodhead @ Indy
Fred Jackson vs Cinci

DeSean Jackson @ TB
Jordy Nelson @ Ravens
TY Hilton @ SD
Pierre Garcon @ Dallas
Dwayne Bowe vs Oakland

Bolded.

Johnson is going against Seattle's stingy defense in Seattle. Hard to recommend him, but Ridley's been garbage all season.

Do you have any other options? If not, I guess I'd sway towards Johnson in case he gets a busted coverage on a few pass plays.

lol Michael Bush? My RBs are garbage. My top guy is DeAngelo Williams.

My only hesitation with DJax is that TB secondary. Thanks for replies though, I think i'm gonna go with Morris/FJax for RBs...gonna mull over my WRs for a bit.

One more question, would you start Rodgers @ Ravens or RG3 @ Cowboys today?

Top Bottom