• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

squicken

Having to wait on RB2 sucked. Reggie Bush way too high but if you wait then it's just week to week waiver wire watching

Vyer

mine

4vzLJOP.jpg

jbug617

Banned
My team for the Stragglers

Starters
QB: C.Kaepernick
RB: A.Morris/ D.Wilson
WR: V.Jackson/J.Nelson/K.Thompkins
TE: O.Daniels
D: Cincinnati
K: B.Walsh

Bench
QB: A.Dalton
RB: G.Bernard/D.Thomas
WR: B.Hartline/M.Floyd/J.Kerely

17 min for the Super Straggler Draft! Man, never done a start 2QB before, going to completely shake up the draft order. Should be interesting.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
How many GAF leagues are there this year?

Shirtless, cat.gif, Stragglers, Hipsters...

And are the pick'em leagues up yet?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
How many GAF leagues are there this year?

Shirtless, cat.gif, Stragglers, Hipsters...

And are the pick'em leagues up yet?

rors runs one, konex has his money league, there's another one in ot and I think there's one in NBA-gaf.

Don't know what we're doing for the pick 'ems yet. Who normally makes them?

squicken

I got confused. Yahoo doesn't let you set roster limits. ESPN does. Sorry bros

Yeah not sure it going QB so high was smart. Especially with same bye week. Pretty much gave away that week

That was interesting, especially since I thought QBs would fly off the shelf at the start but seems multiple people thought there were more decent quality options then there actually were. Poor Blarry, he's screwed haha I went early for Brees but I think it worked out, pretty happy with my team. Only tenuous spot is my RB2 contingent upon health but Mathews should be decent backup if Murray goes down...if he doesn't also go down, ha.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Top 20 picks by auction price from the Trendy Hipsters league draft. Dunno why → Stick 4 Food Truck team name got cut off.

RgOjJIS.png

My 12 team draft, we have a Qb/Rb/wr/te flex so it's essentially a two Qb league .
Tom Brady
Peyton Manning
Jones Drew
Steven Jackson
Jason written
Boldin
James jones
Montee ball
Alshon jeffrey
Mark Ingram
Mike Williams
M Bennett
Some more I can't Remb at moment

mine after, for some reason, having an EIGHTEEN fucking round draft:

QB-Rodgers/EJ Manuel/Tebow
RB-Chris Johnson/Ridley/DeAngelo Williams/Michael Bush
WR-Bowe/Amendola/TY Hilton/J. Baldwin/Coraderlle Patterson
TE-Rudolph/Eifert

D-Cincy/Atlanta
K-Gostkowski/Forbath

I'm a little worried about the WR situation. Unless Amendola really is Welker 2.0 I don't have anyone that bankable. I'm hoping EJ Manuel or Eifert start tearing it up early so I can trade them for a wideout.

GQman2121

Banned
mine after, for some reason, having an EIGHTEEN fucking round draft:

QB-Rodgers/EJ Manuel/Tebow
RB-Chris Johnson/Ridley/DeAngelo Williams/Michael Bush
WR-Bowe/Amendola/TY Hilton/J. Baldwin/Coraderlle Patterson
TE-Rudolph/Eifert

D-Cincy/Atlanta
K-Gostkowski/Forbath

I'm a little worried about the WR situation. Unless Amendola really is Welker 2.0 I don't have anyone that bankable. I'm hoping EJ Manuel or Eifert start tearing it up early so I can trade them for a wideout.

Love Eifert super late. There's a lot to like about Cincy offensively.

Clearly you went Rogers, CJ, Ridley.

I'm 11th and I'm going to farm RBs for the first three rounds if I can. WR is deep and I don't mind waiting on a QB. If one of the top five guys falls to me, I'll consider them at the end of the third, otherwise I'll wait until the 7th or 8th.

Love Eifert super late. There's a lot to like about Cincy offensively.

Clearly you went Rogers, CJ, Ridley.

I'm 11th and I'm going to farm RBs for the first three rounds if I can. WR is deep and I don't mind waiting on a QB. If one of the top five guys falls to me, I'll consider them at the end of the third, otherwise I'll wait until the 7th or 8th.

Yeah pretty much. My plan was originally to take a RB first like everyone else, and try and get Cam Newton in either the 2nd or 3rd but when I was up to pick the only other big backs available were Trent Richardson and CJ Spiller and I just don't trust those guys from a durability standpoint.

I was surprised to see Eifert there late too.

Friggz

Yeah pretty much. My plan was originally to take a RB first like everyone else, and try and get Cam Newton in either the 2nd or 3rd but when I was up to pick the only other big backs available were Trent Richardson and CJ Spiller and I just don't trust those guys from a durability standpoint.

TRich is going to be a beast this year. Hes a top 5 back on talent.

GQman2121

Banned
TRich is going to be a beast this year. Hes a top 5 back on talent.

When you take Richardson and Rogers back to back, you end up starting #3's and unproven rookies at WR.

Do you really think it's a good idea to have a starting RB and WR in the same mediocre offense? You better hope TRich is a beast.

I did a draft for a public Yahoo league today. I already got my first trade offer.

Guy wants: Aaron Rodgers, Antonio Gates, and Eddie Lacy
I get: Matt Stafford, Arian Foster, and Andre Brown(lol)

I also have RG3, Marshawn Lynch, Steven Jackson, and Kyle Rudolph.

I'm going to say no, but Arian Foster forces me to hesitate. What say you, gaf?

GQman2121

Banned
I did a draft for a public Yahoo league today. I already got my first trade offer.

Guy wants: Aaron Rodgers, Antonio Gates, and Eddie Lacy
I get: Matt Stafford, Arian Foster, and Andre Brown(lol)

I also have RG3, Marshawn Lynch, Steven Jackson, and Kyle Rudolph.

I'm going to say no, but Arian Foster forces me to hesitate. What say you, gaf?

That's a great trade for you.

Adding Foster is a substantial upgrade over Lacy, SJax, Lynch. You lose a bit of production by down grading at QB, but it's not THAT much given how often the Lions pass. Also, Andre Brown is injured, but he's not on IR. He'll play at some point.

Friggz

When you take Richardson and Rogers back to back, you end up starting #3's and unproven rookies at WR.

Do you really think it's a good idea to have a starting RB and WR in the same mediocre offense? You better hope TRich is a beast.

Who on my team is a number 3? Decker? Thats fine, he will still see 100+ targets and bring down 900+ yards.

squicken

The drafts I was in, Eifert went late. I think the idea is that there are a few TEs worth getting early, then a bunch of difficult to project players. I can see passing on Spiller, but Norv Turner's history with RBs in FF makes TRich too much to pass on

That's a great trade for you.

Adding Foster is a substantial upgrade over Lacy, SJax, Lynch. You lose a bit of production by down grading at QB, but it's not THAT much given how often the Lions pass. Also, Andre Brown is injured, but he's not on IR. He'll play at some point.

I'm just worried about what happens if Stafford doesn't return to form or if RG3 isn't fully healed. And I wouldn't have any insurance if Rudy has a slump. And Foster is coming back from injury, no? Are we all sure that he's going to be 100%?

My RB depth:
Marshawn Lynch/Steven Jackson//Ryan Mathews + either keeping Eddie Lacy or obtaining Arian Foster.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Who should I start at week 1 TE:

Jermaine Gresham
Brandon Pettigrew
Julius Thomas

Also since I was so weak at RB I decided to draft free agent Joique Bell. Since he is playing behind Reggie Bush I assume at some point in the season Bush will be hurt and Bell will start. I also think that Bell will see a good amount of carries even if Bush does stay healthy. I dropped Fred Jackson for him so that makes me feel better about the acquisition also.

One more thing I'm seriously considering starting Colin Kaepernick over Aaron Rodgers for week one. San Fran has a solid defense and for some reason I feel like Kaepernick could go off Green Bay's D. Have I lost my mind?

Friggz

Who should I start at week 1 TE:

Jermaine Gresham
Brandon Pettigrew
Julius Thomas

Also since I was so weak at RB I decided to draft free agent Joique Bell. Since he is playing behind Reggie Bush I assume at some point in the season Bush will be hurt and Bell will start. I also think that Bell will see a good amount of carries even if Bush does stay healthy. I dropped Fred Jackson for him so that makes me feel better about the acquisition also.

One more thing I'm seriously considering starting Colin Kaepernick over Aaron Rodgers for week one. San Fran has a solid defense and for some reason I feel like Kaepernick could go off Green Bay's D. Have I lost my mind?

Thomas of those 3, he could be a nice sleeper TE this season. But do you have 3 TE?

Id also start Rodgers over Kaepernick as hes just a better QB and had a solid game aginst a san fran defense that was, imo, better last season.

DietRob

Thomas of those 3, he could be a nice sleeper TE this season. But do you have 3 TE?

Id also start Rodgers over Kaepernick as hes just a better QB and had a solid game aginst a san fran defense that was, imo, better last season.

Yes, I have 3 tight ends. I'm a clueless rookie. Haven't played fantasty football in over 15 years. I used to only have 2 but I noticed that Thomas was still available and I wanted to grab him now since I too feel like he has great potential this year.

So does anyone think I should start Kap over Rodgers? Have I really lost my mind? San Fran D seems pretty solid. I know Rodgers is a better QB and a work horse but I really have to compensate my dumbass move of not drafting good RB's by making sure I'm in the position to put as many points on the board with all of my starters.

squicken

Yes, I have 3 tight ends. I'm a clueless rookie. Haven't played fantasty football in over 15 years. I used to only have 2 but I noticed that Thomas was still available and I wanted to grab him now since I too feel like he has great potential this year.

So does anyone think I should start Kap over Rodgers? Have I really lost my mind? San Fran D seems pretty solid. I know Rodgers is a better QB and a work horse but I really have to compensate my dumbass move of not drafting good RB's by making sure I'm in the position to put as many points on the board with all of my starters.

There's no "right" answer to that question yet. Like your TE question, it's the smart choice to start Thomas. But with Kap vs Rodgers, it just isn't known. The Packers say they now can stop the running QB, but they have to prove it. SF's WRs are shaky, but Kap can still be a fantasy beast with runs and good scheme on passes.

Rodgers seems to be the safer choice b/c the offense flows through him. SF can beat GB with Kap playing a limited role to the running game, but GB needs Rodgers to play well to win. Problem potentially is the talk of them running the ball means less red zone TDs for Rodgers. I'd start Rodgers but it's not crazy to start Kap. 55/45 in favor of Rodgers

First time poster in here!

Just Drafted in my League (10 Person league) here's what I got:

QBs: Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan
WRs: Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Golden Tate
RBs: Trent Richardson, Montee Ball, Bernard Pierce, Mark Ingram
TE: Martellus Bennet, Zach Sudfeld (I didn't want to grab him until the waiver wire, but people were nabbin' all sorts of players early and I really wanted to get him with Tom Brady)
K: Steve Hauschka
D/St: Pittsburgh

I traded Matt Ryan for Chris Ivory and Kenbrell Thompkins and released Bernard Pierce to make room for them.

As far as sleepers go, I'm looking at Julius Thomas, Kenny Stills, Marlon Brown, Tyler Eiffert
but I'm gonna sit on them a bit because I didn't think that my team would be that deep.

Any thoughts?

DietRob

There's no "right" answer to that question yet. Like your TE question, it's the smart choice to start Thomas. But with Kap vs Rodgers, it just isn't known. The Packers say they now can stop the running QB, but they have to prove it. SF's WRs are shaky, but Kap can still be a fantasy beast with runs and good scheme on passes.

Rodgers seems to be the safer choice b/c the offense flows through him. SF can beat GB with Kap playing a limited role to the running game, but GB needs Rodgers to play well to win. Problem potentially is the talk of them running the ball means less red zone TDs for Rodgers. I'd start Rodgers but it's not crazy to start Kap. 55/45 in favor of Rodgers

Thanks for the help. I can already tell this thread is going to be a great resource for me. I'm going to let my gut pick for me on Wednesday regarding Kap or Rodgers. Did I mention I also have San Fran's Defense? That makes me want Rodgers not to go off against them lol.

Can someone in the squicken league take a look at my team? Interested in other opinions on how auto draft mostly did, aside from rounds 6-8/9 or so when I actually drafted

Can someone in the squicken league take a look at my team? Interested in other opinions on how auto draft mostly did, aside from rounds 6-8/9 or so when I actually drafted

QB is a concern because RGIII has to stay healthy and Eli is mediocre in fantasy. RB situation comes down to David Wilson, he's a gamble for starter but could pay off. Computer did poorly on bench like they always do though I like stashing Thompkins there but if he was taken first for your bench, was selected too early. No need for second D when you have Bears D.

Bottom line: If Wilson pans out as a quality starter and RGIII stays healthy, starting unit will be competent but you'll be at a disadvantage against teams with two stud QBs. If players get injured, don't like the depth on bench too much so you'll have problems.

squicken

I wanted both Wilson and Forte, especially Forte b/c of PPR. The only position I think you got dealt a bad hand at is your Flex. I just don't see how McFadden does anything this year

I think I drafted McFadden when I actually was able to draft because he was the best RB available I think. I don't think I started RG3 but I ended up drafting Eli

I know I left some queue before I left, which is probably why I took Thompkins a little high

squicken

I think I drafted McFadden when I actually was able to draft because he was the best RB available I think. I don't think I started RG3 but I ended up drafting Eli

I know I left some queue before I left, which is probably why I took Thompkins a little high

Since it is PPR you can always put a high catch slot guy in FLEX. Maybe McFadden proves me wrong but he's never healthy and they just really look bad

Doomsayer

I drafted yesterday (8 person league). I feel that my receivers are pretty thin...

Russel Wilson
Ray Rice
Matt Forte
Julio Jones
Larry Fitzgerald
Vernon Davis
Danny Amendola
Blair Walsh
Seahawks DST

Reggie Bush
James Jones
Giovanni Bernard
Daryl Richardson
Miles Austin
Michael Vick
Ben Tate

Thoughts?

No Quitters 5 League, 16 Teams w/ Standard Scoring, WR/T Flex. Had the 15th pick... my only regret is not going RB-RB. My Plans B and C to get them late didn't pan out.

They Might Be Giants
1. (15) Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
2. (18) Reggie Bush (Det - RB)
3. (47) Pierre Garcon (Was - WR)
4. (50) Antonio Brown (Pit - WR)
5. (79) Eli Manning (NYG - QB)
6. (82) Rashard Mendenhall (Ari - RB)
7. (111) Fred Davis (Was - TE)
8. (114) Darrius Heyward-Bey (Ind - WR)
9. (143) Tampa Bay (TB - DEF)
10. (146) DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR)
11. (175) Blair Walsh (Min - K)
12. (178) Christine Michael (Sea - RB)
13. (207) Marcel Reece (Oak - RB)

SummitAve

Banned
Drafter 12th in a 12 man .5PPR league.... Should I try to trade Demarco Murray for Darren Sproles?

QB: Aaron Rodgers
WR: AJ Green
WR: Dwayne Bowe
RB: Demarco Murray
RB: Shane Vereen
TE:Gronkowski
W/R: Golden Tate
K: S. Gostkowski
DEF: St. Louis
BN: Anquan Boldin, Danny Woodhead, Quinton Patton, Andy Dalton, Tyler Eifert

Top Bottom