• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

Thoughts on my team? My 1st draft

Brady
Ray Rice
Gio Bernard
Julio Jones
Torrey Smith
Desean Jackson
Vernon Davis
9ers defense
Janikowski

Bench
Weeden
Jacquizz Rodgers
Roy Helu
Rueben Randle
Dwayne Allen
Ravens defense
Greg Zuerlein

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So it worked out really great rolling the dice and starting Thomas tonight. Oh and Welker.

Starting AJ Green, but which other two WRs?

S. Rice
H. Nicks
J.Nelson

I would start Nelson and Nicks. Rice is many years from being elite and the Seahawks tend to win their games in a variety of ways. At least with the Giants and Packers, you know those teams are equally capable of the pass feast we saw tonight with Denver.

I might actually beat the guy that owns P. Manning because of Demaryius Thomas. Manning got him 46 points and Thomas got me 33 points. I still have Luck (who is playing against Oakland), Peterson, Forte, and Chris Johnson. The rest of his team is pretty mediocre outside of AJ Green. He does have Foster, but I don't expect Foster to put up big numbers.

LevelNth

Banned
Only weakness on my team to start the year is WR2, and I'm trying to decide between Cecil Shorts against KC, or Miles Austin against the Giants?

Supposedly the Cowboys/Giants game is going to be a shootout.

Eric Decker is the one I predicted would lose out on the Broncos this year and I avoided drafting him. That said, it's one game and he certainly could still be a viable red zone target through out the season. Hard to predict at this point but the way he targeted Welker last night makes me think my prediction was accurate. Only time will tell! I'm sure they will take turns having good games with Thomas being the surest thing.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Am I crazy for starting Kap and sitting Rodgers this week?

I just feel like if Rodgers is going to have a bad game it's going to be against the 49er's D.

Have I lost my mind?

Hunter S.

Eric Decker is going to suck this year, isn't he? Knew that pick was a mistake.

Seems really early to jump the Gun. Manning has more options this year, but that by no means he will suck. Look at it as so many hot bitches to chose from to fuck, but you cannot fuck them all every night.

I am in many leagues, but I logged into this one to check my score last night.....

*sees Joe Flacco is my starting QB*

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

I am in many leagues, but I logged into this one to check my score last night.....

*sees Joe Flacco is my starting QB*

ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

Sorry brah, but after telling us you'd come in and take the crown, you are pretty much the greatest guarantee to not win our league with your QB's haha It was pretty hilarious during the draft when you finally realized/remembered it was a 2 QB league.

Sorry brah, but after telling us you'd come in and take the crown, you are pretty much the greatest guarantee to not win our league with your QB's haha It was pretty hilarious during the draft when you finally realized/remembered it was a 2 QB league.

But other than that, my team is stacked!

You should have heard my internal monologue during the draft-

"Damn, my team is looking good" "Look at these idiots taking QBs early, oh well, more RBs and WRs for me" "Why is everyone taking a backup QB so early?" "Oh fuck......"

"Damn, my team is looking good" "Look at these idiots taking QBs early, oh well, more RBs and WRs for me" "Why is everyone taking a backup QB so early?" "Oh fuck......"

:jnc yeah you were commenting how stacked your RBs and WRs were and then I glanced at your team and saw you hadn't even taken one QB.

Second try at drafting without auto-picks. First one was shit, what do you guys think of my second? 10 team league:

QB - Tony Romo
RB - Alfred Morris
RB - LeSean McCoy
WR - Hakeem Nicks
WR - Dwayne Bowe
TE - Jimmy Graham
Flex - David Wilson
D/ST - Bengals
K - Steven Hauschka (biased pick)

Bench:

RB - Ryan Mathews
RB - Mark Ingram
RB - Ben Tate
WR - T.Y. Hilton
WR - Alshon Jeffery
WR - Golden Tate (biased pick)
TE - Brandon Pettigrew

squicken

Second try at drafting without auto-picks. First one was shit, what do you guys think of my second? 10 team league:

QB - Tony Romo
RB - Alfred Morris
RB - LeSean McCoy
WR - Hakeem Nicks
WR - Dwayne Bowe
TE - Jimmy Graham
Flex - David Wilson
D/ST - Bengals
K - Steven Hauschka (biased pick)

Bench:

RB - Ryan Mathews
RB - Mark Ingram
RB - Ben Tate
WR - T.Y. Hilton
WR - Alshon Jeffery
WR - Golden Tate (biased pick)
TE - Brandon Pettigrew

There's no major mistake there. WRs are a little soft but you have 3 strong RBs. Might look to trade later in the year if Bowe doesn't play well

There's no major mistake there. WRs are a little soft but you have 3 strong RBs. Might look to trade later in the year if Bowe doesn't play well

First 4 picks (picked 9th first) were Morris, McCoy (was tempted to go WR here but decided to wait), Wilson (top 5ish WR's were gone), and Graham. The next 16ish picks between my 4th and 5th were mostly WR's which is why mine are weak.

WedgeX

Banned
Three main drafts, and three completely different results.

The Deceptillamas (12 man, PPR Yahoo, drafted last)

QB Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
WR Calvin Johnson (Det - WR) - keeper
WR Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
RB Stevan Ridley (NE - RB)
RB Lamar Miller (Mia - RB)
TE Greg Olsen (Car - TE)
W/R/T Victor Cruz (NYG - WR)
K Garrett Hartley (NO - K)
DEF New York (NYG - DEF)
IDP James Laurinaitis (StL - LB)

Bench:
T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR)
Travis Kelce (KC - TE)
Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB)
Christine Michael (Sea - RB)
Shonn Greene (TEN - RB)
Roy Helu (Was - RB)

wedge's Red Llamas (12 man standard Yahoo, drafted 11th, auto drafted)

QB Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)
WR Dez Bryant (Dal - WR)
WR Randall Cobb (GB - WR)
RB Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB)
RB DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
TE Tony Gonzalez (Atl - TE)
K Stephen Gostkowski (NE - K)
DEF Seattle (Sea - DEF)

Bench:
Dwayne Bowe (KC - WR)
Rashard Mendenhall (Ari - RB)
Rueben Randle (NYG - WR)
Alshon Jeffery (Chi - WR)
Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)
Brandon Myers (NYG - TE)
New York (NYG - DEF)

Oa Green Llamas (12 man league, ESPN league, auto drafted after third round)

QB Tony Romo, Dal QB
RB Doug Martin TB RB
RB David Wilson NYG RB
WR Mike Wallace Mia WR
WR Hakeem Nicks NYG WR
TE Brandon Myers NYG TE
Flex Reggie Bush DET RB
K Phil Dawson SF K
DEF Lions D/ST

Bench:
TY Hilton Ind WR
Ahmad Bradshaw Ind RB
Isiah Pead Stl RB
Isaac Redman Pit RB
Jonathan Dwyer FA RB
Jay Cutler Chi QB
Randy Bulloch Hou K

Did not like the position that ESPN's auto draft put me in.

Jarlaxle

Alright fantasy GAF, I need help.

For my second WR slot should I start Amendola (NE) or Antonio Brown (Pitt)?

I'm leaning on Brown since I think the Steelers will be throwing a ton against Tenn.

Also, Stafford or Kap?

squicken

I'm leaning on Brown since I think the Steelers will be throwing a ton against Tenn.

Also, Stafford or Kap?

Amendola is a starter until he gets hurt, and I'd lean Stafford. DET will have to throw to win, or will be throwing to catch up. Nothing in that run game

Also, Stafford or Kap?
I like Antonio Brown simply because there's not alot of receivers to throw to in Pittsburgh, and Ben will throw like 45+ times. Brady will spread it out. I'd use Stafford aka Captain Checkdown,

Also why do people never put he opposing team the player is facing? ugh.

Jarlaxle

I like Antonio Brown simply because there's not alot of receivers to throw to in Pittsburgh, and Ben will throw like 45+ times. Brady will spread it out. I'd use Stafford aka Captain Checkdown,

Also why do people never put he opposing team the player is facing? ugh.
Sorry.

NE is playing Buffalo. Steelers playing the Titans.

Lions playing Vikings. SF playing GB.

Eleuin

I'll trade you freeman

Standard points, RG3 vs Philadelphia or Stafford vs Minnesota? And Pettigrew or Rudolph at TE?

1PPR, Brandon Myers vs Dallas or Kyle Rudolph vs Detroit?

Tight-end is probably the position I struggle at most. I can never guess how they'll do.

Standard points, RG3 vs Philadelphia or Stafford vs Minnesota? And Pettigrew or Rudolph at TE?

I'm going RG3 this week. The Skins basically are him, the Eagles seemingly have a much worse defense, and RG3s weapons are healthy. Stafford could tear apart the Vikings, but it's hard to say how good or bad either side will be.

Playing Rudolph at all is a touchdown gamble. Without it he has nothing.

squicken

I am still wavering on my flex spot. DeAngelo Williams vs SEA or TY Hilton vs Oakland. Someone just make the call for me.

CAR is talking like they will feature Williams. He'll get his carries. Tolbert may vulture the TDs though. With Hilton, until we know for sure he's the WR2, I think he is a sit

i really want to play mike wallace bc i feel like he is going to torch the browns today...

but i'd have to sit either fitzgerald, colston, or andre johnson. do any of those guys have a terrible matchup this week? wallace has a fire and i feel like he's gonna shred it up but i just don't feel good about sitting any of those guys...maybe larry? or just keep wallace on the bench?

altho if i went by espn's projections, colston is slated to only score 10 points which is the weakest, and fitz is 22/wallace 17 (i wouldn't play him over andre) so that is like completely opposite of my personal thoughts above

Getting crushed in the league I didn't auto draft but I still have 3 RB's left to play while he just has Foster. My biggest problem is I have Tony Romo but he has Dez Bryant and Jason Witten. X_x

WedgeX

Banned
Anybody else noticed that yahoo point prediction is fluctuating throughout the games? So for example, Big Ben started off with 17 or so projected points, but at the end of the game ended with projected: 10.64 actual:10.64. Is this so yahoo doesn't look bad for projecting more or less points? Whats the point?

Anybody else noticed that yahoo point prediction is fluctuating throughout the games? So for example, Big Ben started off with 17 or so projected points, but at the end of the game ended with projected: 10.64 actual:10.64. Is this so yahoo doesn't look bad for projecting more or less points? Whats the point?
It's live-updating for the total point projection this year. So now you have three totals.

Current Total Points
Current Projection (updates with current performances and adds finished players)
Original Projection

Well TY Hilton was garbage and De Angelo Williams was half decent. I chose poorly. Dwayne Bowe gave me nothing as well. Horrible fantasy week I'm pretty fucked unless Rodgers tears it up. Me and my opponent are basically tied and he still has Romo, David Wilson and DeSean Jackson.

Boss Man

I was really excited about my RBs this season.

Lynch, Spiller, and Ridley.

Welp.

Also, I benched Jordan Cameron...but I ain't really mad. Looking forward to seeing what he does for the rest of the season.

I was really excited about my RBs this season.

Lynch, Spiller, and Ridley.

Welp.

Also, I benched Jordan Cameron...but I ain't really mad. Looking forward to seeing what he does for the rest of the season.

I started Spiller, Jones-Drew, and Lanar Miller.... It'll be fine, week 1.

I also have Cameron, but I started him, and I may still win this game.

Top Bottom