• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

Here's my 16 team draft completed yesterday
Qb: Colin Kaepernick
Rb: Trent Richardson
Rb: D. Williams
Wr: Larry Fitzgerald
Wr: Chris Givens
Wr: Malcom Floyd
TE: Jason Witten
K: Adam Vin
D: Tampa Bay (jets week 1)
Bench:
Le'veon Bell
Kendall Hunter
Quinton Patton
Carson Palmer (same bye as Kaep, mistake)
Cleveland D (not gonna normally roster 2 Ds during season)
Martellus Bennett

Looking to trade for a wr, or pick one up. Somebody just dropped Nate Washington might consider it. Some other guys I like too

If anyone needs a last second spot filled.... or if enough people want to start a league real quick.... I'd be interested.

We could draft tomorrow night, or Tonight.

I'd be willing to pay up to $20 per person. At least 10 person league.

Enron

Banned
No Quitters 5 League, 16 Teams w/ Standard Scoring, WR/T Flex. Had the 15th pick... my only regret is not going RB-RB. My Plans B and C to get them late didn't pan out.

My draft was better.

No Quitters 5 League

baseball season when
1. (3) Doug Martin
(TB - RB)
2. (30) Larry Fitzgerald
(Ari - WR)
3. (35) Matt Ryan
(Atl - QB)
4. (62) Jordy Nelson
(GB - WR)
5. (67) Giovani Bernard
(Cin - RB)
6. (94) Owen Daniels
(Hou - TE)
7. (99) Knowshon Moreno
(Den - RB)
8. (126) Sidney Rice
(Sea - WR)
9. (131) Rueben Randle
(NYG - WR)
10. (158) Jacoby Jones
(Bal - WR)
11. (163) Sam Bradford
(StL - QB)
12. (190) Josh Brown
(NYG - K)
13. (195) Green Bay
(GB - DEF)

exarkun

Would you guys do this trade?

Me trades C.J. Spiller, Buf RB to Him
Me trades Giovani Bernard, Cin RB to Him
Him trades Trent Richardson, Cle RB to Me
Him trades DeMarco Murray, Dal RB to Me

Im worried that maybe CJ might get hurt, and on the report that chud is gonna want Trent to run all day I have them about equal in my mind (maybe leaning still toward keeping CJ). The real meat is the Giovani for Murray. I've drafted Murray before and hes kind of boom or bust, with a injury issues thrown in there. I like Giovani, but Im not sure hes going to take over completely from The Law Firm.

Thoughts? Im sitting on this for now. For your info, this is a 14 man league, so one injury basically shuts down a season.

UberTag

Would you guys do this trade?

Me trades C.J. Spiller, Buf RB to Him
Me trades Giovani Bernard, Cin RB to Him
Him trades Trent Richardson, Cle RB to Me
Him trades DeMarco Murray, Dal RB to Me

Im worried that maybe CJ might get hurt, and on the report that chud is gonna want Trent to run all day I have them about equal in my mind (maybe leaning still toward keeping CJ). The real meat is the Giovani for Murray. I've drafted Murray before and hes kind of boom or bust, with a injury issues thrown in there. I like Giovani, but Im not sure hes going to take over completely from The Law Firm.

Thoughts? Im sitting on this for now. For your info, this is a 14 man league, so one injury basically shuts down a season.
I wouldn't make that trade.
I like Spiller more than Trent Truck.
I like Bernard more than fragile DeMarco.

I think there's a greater risk of Trent or DeMarco getting hurt than Spiller.
But the reality is that injuries are always scattershot and random and difficult to telegraph unless you're drafting McFadden.
Brady sunk a bunch of teams the year he got hurt despite a pristine track record of health.
You cross your fingers, roll with the punches and do your best to compensate with depth if one of your big horses goes down.

I agree that I feel Trent and Murray are far more likely to get injured than Spiller. I also like Spiller a lot more than Trent for this year so I wouldn't do the trade. Maybe if Murray showed he could stay healthy for a whole season I'd consider it for better balance but at this point, that's not the case.

Enron

Banned
I wouldn't do that trade. You are giving up the best two players in that deal. Giovani will be the main back by week 3. Too talented to keep off the field.

exarkun

Thanks guys, you have given me the confidence to reject the trade and send my co-commissioner a fuck you!

Fantasy football is liberating

Bowser

I'm about to draft in my work league where passing TDs count for 6 points like rushing TDs. I have the 3rd pick and am leaning towards taking Aaron Rodgers if he's there...is this advisable?

squicken

I'm about to draft in my work league where passing TDs count for 6 points like rushing TDs. I have the 3rd pick and am leaning towards taking Aaron Rodgers if he's there...is this advisable?

posted in other thread. If you already drafted, I'm curious what the other guys in your league did

I'm not good at math, obviously, but it might make sense to make sure you get a top QB in Bowsers league. Getting 40 TDs at 6pts per TD vs 30 TDs I think makes Rodgers/Manning/Brady/Brees more valuable than anyone but Peterson. That QB tier 1 to QB tier 2 is a bigger drop-off now than with standard scoring

In an ongoing keeper league, would Vernon Davis and/or DeSean Jackson be worth a keeper pick (3rd round if one, 3rd and 4th if both)?

Bowser

posted in other thread. If you already drafted, I'm curious what the other guys in your league did

I'm not good at math, obviously, but it might make sense to make sure you get a top QB in Bowsers league. Getting 40 TDs at 6pts per TD vs 30 TDs I think makes Rodgers/Manning/Brady/Brees more valuable than anyone but Peterson. That QB tier 1 to QB tier 2 is a bigger drop-off now than with standard scoring

Turns out it's 6 points per TD period (Passing/Rushing/Receiving). I ended up going Spiller #3. Here's my team (10 team league), I'm pretty happy with it:

QB M. Stafford
RB CJ Spiller
RB S. Ridley
WR R. White
WR M. Colston
W/R D. Wilson
TE V. Davis
K Don't Know Yet (doesn't matter)
DST Tampa Bay (will rotate weekly obviously)

BN G. Jennings
BN A. Bradshaw
BN M. Vick
BN C. Givens
BN J. Cameron

Brees and Rodgers went first round, don't think the next QBs went until Round 4

I have both Jimmy Graham and Gronk (someone dropped him and I picked him up), and I'm thinking of trading Graham away for Sproles or Bush (1 PPR league). Should I do it, or should I try and get someone higher. We also get 1 yard for ever punt/kick return yard, but I don't think anyone else knows this. Will Sproles be returning any kickoffs?

Bowser

So, EJ Manuel against the ferocious Patriots D or Caaaaam Newton against the Seahawks?

Cam - he's a top 5 fantasy QB...gotta roll with your high draft picks. EJ Manuel is a total unknown and still an injury risk (coming back from knee surgery after 3 weeks, no matter how "minor" the Bills try to make it out to be, seems pretty risky for someone who's supposed to be their QB of the future).

gutshot

PPR League, pick one:

Eric Decker vs. Ravens
Kenbrell Thompkins vs. Bills

Leaning toward Thompkins as I think Brady is going to have to rely on him heavily with no Gronk. What does everyone else think?

Bowser

PPR League, pick one:

Eric Decker vs. Ravens
Kenbrell Thompkins vs. Bills

Leaning toward Thompkins as I think Brady is going to have to rely on him heavily with no Gronk. What does everyone else think?

I think Brady's more likely to rely on Sudfeld and Amendola personally. I think Thompkins would be the 3rd option there. Granted, I think Decker is the 3rd option for the Broncos. Still, think I'd go with Decker here...

Need some advice on something that happened in my 10 man standard scoring league yesterday.

We added a new member this year to our long standing league. Yesterday this new member dropped Sproles for Pierre Thomas. Sproles 100% owned, Thomas 18% owned. Sproles is set to come off waivers on Friday. Should the commissioner step in and do anything about this? Someone is getting quite the freebie because of this noobie mistake but I'm not sure there should be any interference.

Enron

Banned
Need some advice on something that happened in my 10 man standard scoring league yesterday.

We added a new member this year to our long standing league. Yesterday this new member dropped Sproles for Pierre Thomas. Sproles 100% owned, Thomas 18% owned. Sproles is set to come off waivers on Friday. Should the commissioner step in and do anything about this? Someone is getting quite the freebie because of this noobie mistake but I'm not sure there should be any interference.

Your commish absolutely should step in and do something about it...at least contact the owner in question and double check with him.

Your commish absolutely should step in and do something about it...at least contact the owner in question and double check with him.

The commish spoke with the owner and this was his response:

"Sproles may not even be 2nd string. I just added Thomas who is the starter for NO, I may get rid of Pead but sproles isn't looking good."

Pead was brought up because the commish asked why he wouldn't drop Pead for Thomas and hold onto Sproles.

First time ever dealing with something like this. Everyone in the league is usually very savvy. I'm just not sure what the commish can actually do. Waiver priority is set right now based off of the snake draft. I suggested locking Sproles until next weeks waivers clear but that will definitely upset the team who currently has #1 waiver priority.

this_guy

Did my draft last night - 12 man league, I had 11th pick. QB's get 6pts for passing tds and there is a 0.5pt per reception.

QB Matthew Stafford
RB Chris Johnson
RB Eddie Lacy
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Randall Cobb
RB/WR Montee Ball
TE Kyle Rudolph
Def Denver Broncos
K Phil Dawson

Bench Kenbrell Thompkins
Bench Miles Austin
Bench Josh Freeman
Bench Golden Tate
Bench Brent Celek

I'm pretty happy overall, and I'm projected to score the most points in my league by a good margin. Let's see what happens.

squicken

The commish spoke with the owner and this was his response:

"Sproles may not even be 2nd string. I just added Thomas who is the starter for NO, I may get rid of Pead but sproles isn't looking good."

Pead was brought up because the commish asked why he wouldn't drop Pead for Thomas and hold onto Sproles.

First time ever dealing with something like this. Everyone in the league is usually very savvy. I'm just not sure what the commish can actually do. Waiver priority is set right now based off of the snake draft. I suggested locking Sproles until next weeks waivers clear but that will definitely upset the team who currently has #1 waiver priority.

I can't think of a good solution other than to lock Sproles until like Week 4. Guy who won a random snake draft lottery has no cause for complaint.

My second money league draft results(14 team league)
We were allowed one keeper so I kept Megatron
Also kick return yrds count. I woke up late and my first two were autodraft

(4) Arian Foster (Hou - RB)
2. (25) Darren Sproles (NO - RB)
3. (32) Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
4. (53) Lance Moore (NO - WR)
5. (60) Daryl Richardson (StL - RB) 6. (81) Brent Celek (Phi - TE)
7. (88) Matt Bryant (Atl - K)
8. (109) Chris Givens (StL - WR)
9. (116) Andy Dalton (Cin - QB)
10. (137) Cleveland (Cle - DEF)
11. (144) Jacoby Jones (Bal - WR) 12. (165) Ed Dickson (Bal - TE)
13. (172) Calvin Johnson

from a strategic standpoint, is it always better to start a RB in your flex over a WR? My two candidates right now are DeAngelo Williams (against SEA defense) or TY Hilton.

from a strategic standpoint, is it always better to start a RB in your flex over a WR? My two candidates right now are DeAngelo Williams (against SEA defense) or TY Hilton.

This used to be the case, because a RB will always get more total touches of the football. The problem here is that DeAngelo is the third option for a rushing score on the team, behind Tolbert and Cam. He could see 15-20 carries and then nothing in the red zone. Last year he wouldn't even see that much because of Jonathan Stewart.

Hilton is basically the home run hitter of the Colts offense. If he does make a catch there's a good chance a touchdown is involved.

The long story here is that a running back has a higher floor, whereas the receiver may have a higher ceiling. Personally, I like to take the ceiling on my flex, but I can see the argument to take DeAngelo if you think the Seahawks defense has holes and Williams can continue from his hot finish last season.

Bowser

Eh...I think I'd lean TY Hilton because I don't think D-Will is going to get goal-line carries (those will go to Newton and Tolbert). TY should have some chances against the Raiders secondary. But the Panthers are committed to using their RBs now, and Tolbert just returned to practice after 3 weeks with a hamstring injury, so D-Will is going to get the majority of the carries.

Boogie9IGN

I'm really struggling here as a newb to FF and everyone I could ask for help is currently away...

So far I have Antonio Gates starting TE with Brandon Myers on the bench. I'm wondering if I should dump one of those two (if so, which?) and pick up Colby Fleener as he's the only other decent/sleeper TE I've read about that's still available in my league.

minx

My 12 team draft. Standard scoring. QBs went fast. So did RBs.

I had 11th pick

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Alfred Morris
RB: Matt Forte
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Pierre Garson
TE: Jimmy Graham
FLEX: Geovani Bernard
Def: Cowboys
K: Bullock

Bench:
Miles Austin
Ben Tate
Big Ben
Helu
Josh Gordon
Blackmon
Tolbert

Thoughts?

Trying to get enough people for GAF justice league 3. Might not get enough people in time, but I figured I'd give it a try. if anyone still needs a league to join send me a PM with your email to send the invite to. I have The draft set for 7:00pm eastern

Who to start for my flex?........

ryan mathews or ahmad bradshaw i feel are my 2 best options...

....also have chris ivory and cecil shorts on my bench

Who should I start at flex for my 12 teamer?
Montee ball
Alshon Jeffery
mike Williams
Mark Ingram

Think I'm leaning Williams or Jeffery
Who to start for my flex?........

ryan mathews or ahmad bradshaw i feel are my 2 best options...

....also have chris ivory and cecil shorts on my bench
I'd probably personally go Matthews, I think he has the most upside

this_guy

Who should I start at flex for my 12 teamer?
Montee ball
Alshon Jeffery
mike Williams
Mark Ingram

Think I'm leaning Williams or Jeffery

I'd probably personally go Matthews, I think he has the most upside

Out of those options I'd go with Montes Ball. Ingram won't get enough touches because the Saints use 3 running backs and are a pass first team. The other two receivers are number two receivers that can be hit or miss. I can see Montee Ball a decent amount of touches and some goal line carries. Now if he misses a blocking assignment in a passing situation and Manning gets crushed his workload might decrease.

SonnyBoy

QB Andrew Luck
RB DeMarco Murray
RB Alfred Morris
WR Torrey Smith
WR Victor Cruz
TE Antonio Gates
RB Daryl Richardson

BN Le'Veon Bell
BN Roy Helu
BN Stevan Ridley
BN Ben Tate
BN Danny Amendola
BN Tyler Eifert

Guys, should I start Amendola over Cruz or Smith? And should I start Ridley over Murray?

I'm not too sure how to set my lineup this week. I guess because I have a ton of average to above average players I can't make my mind up.

squicken

I'm really struggling here as a newb to FF and everyone I could ask for help is currently away...

So far I have Antonio Gates starting TE with Brandon Myers on the bench. I'm wondering if I should dump one of those two (if so, which?) and pick up Colby Fleener as he's the only other decent/sleeper TE I've read about that's still available in my league.

I'm a little wary of Fleener. I think Allen will be the guy there. I would hang on to Myers

QB Andrew Luck
RB DeMarco Murray
RB Alfred Morris
WR Torrey Smith
WR Victor Cruz
TE Antonio Gates
RB Daryl Richardson

BN Le'Veon Bell
BN Roy Helu
BN Stevan Ridley
BN Ben Tate
BN Danny Amendola
BN Tyler Eifert

Guys, should I start Amendola over Cruz or Smith? And should I start Ridley over Murray?

I'm not too sure how to set my lineup this week. I guess because I have a ton of average to above average players I can't make my mind up.

Cruz for sure. I have a feeling that will be a shoot out

LevelNth

Banned
Did my 10 team, 4-keeper, standard scoring league draft Tuesday night (it's our 4th year and I'm defending champ!) and it was a blast. I'm the commish and this year I hired waitresses in little refs outfits and had the whole thing catered; it was next level. All the fellas loved it.

Anyways, my keepers are AP, David Wilson, Megatron and Forte. My team:

QB: Stafford
RB: AP
RB: Wilson
WR: Megatron
WR: Cecil Shorts
TE: Jared Cook
Flex: Forte
D/ST: Bucs
K: None

Bench: Rob Gronkowski
Bench: Shane Vereen
Bench: DeAngelo Williams
Bench: Miles Austin
Bench: Josh Gordon
Bench: Steve Johnson
Bench: Bilal Powell

We have 1 IR slot which I'm going to use for Gronk, but he's not listed as out yet on ESPN, hence why I don't have a kicker yet. I'm also likely going to drop Powell for someone else, I don't think he's worth rostering.

Absolutely love my team; this is a crazy competitive league. My RB depth is incredible and I stole Gronk in the equivalent of the 6th round. Only weakness is my WR2, but if either Shorts, Austin or especially Gordon hits, I'm laughing.

What do you guys think? Any suggestions on guys to target when dropping Powell?

Had my draft last night for a 12 team, keeper, PPR league. I'm worried about depth, considering the # of roster spots/positions on each team. I'm probably going to have to get lucky on the waiver wire at some point this year.

QB Tony Romo
WR Mike Wallace
WR Jordy Nelson
WR Marques Colston
RB MJD
RB Trent Richardson
TE Kyle Rudolph
W/R/TE Darren McFadden
K Josh Brown
D/ST Tennessee
D Charles Tillman
D Eric Weddle

BN Matt Schaub
BN Coby Fleener
BN Isaiah Pead
BN Santana Moss
BN Brian Hartline
BN Ronnie Hillman
BN Mike Williams (tb wr)

DSmalls84

Who should I start this week:

WR2: Mike Wallace vs. T.Y. Hilton
TE: Antonio Gates vs. Brandon Myers

Having a hard time with these because I think Wallace could bomb against Joe Haden.

No need to keep 2 TEs. I think I like Myers better. I'd cut gates and use his spot on a lottery ticket type RB or WR.

Who should I start at my flex, A. Bradshaw vs OAK, S. Smith vs SEA, or B. Tate vs SD? Also have M. Ingram v ATL who I think is interesting. My original thought was Smith, but that's a bad match-up. I like Bradshaw but I don't know how many carries he'll get because of his injury. I stole Tate in hopes Foster misses time, but ESPN has him highest of all my flex options at #43 or so. Really not sure which way to go.

12 teamer where I landed Charles, Ridley, Roddy White and Vincent Jackson, so I'm really thrilled with my team. Just waited on QB and TE and ended up with Romo and J. Cameron.

Amory

Someone advise me...

Darren Sproles or Montee Ball? (not a PPR league)

Andrew Luck vs the Raiders, or Colin Kaepernick against the Packers?

I'm leaning towards starting Ball and Kaepernick

Someone advise me...

I'd go Sproles and Kaep but that one's a toss up. I wouldn't want to play any DEN RB unless I had too (I'm currently stashing Moreno on my bench). Just no idea how it will shake out. The Raiders are super bad, so I'd expect a good game from Luck. I'm sure whoever you pick will have a good game, even if the guy you bench has a bigger one. That seems to be how it works for me.

squicken

Someone advise me...

Can't go wrong with either Luck or Kap

I'd go Sproles until Ball's role is defined

Not sure who to start in flex this week, Mark Ingram or Jordy Nelson?

Nelson. Ingram will be hit or miss depending on foal line carries

Top Bottom