• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Chaos17

I had no idea this existed. After watching some videos it is literally my dream game.

Does anyone know if my girlfriend and I can play together?

It has a co-op mod : local and online.
It come with the base game.

So those that have played co-op (if I can even call it that), how does it work? Is it just the main story that you cannot progress together? Can you:

1) Pick up side quests together
2) Or is your quest list basically locked down when someone comes to visit and so at least your friends can help you complete your quests (and vice versa?).
3) Or can you not even complete side quests together and it's just free roaming, kill creeps, and trade items?

1 would be awesome, 2 just as good, and 3 the worst.

I've been getting my wife really into simulation games recently (Tomodachi Life, Rune Factory 4, and now Animal Crossing) so this seems like the next logical step for her. Great thing about AC is we can actually somewhat play together as well.
Try to watch this > Youtube
Videos of couple playing together, so you might find your answers over there since this game seems not to have many western players who have imported that game.

Kouriozan

So those that have played co-op (if I can even call it that), how does it work? Is it just the main story that you cannot progress together? Can you:

1) Pick up side quests together
2) Or is your quest list basically locked down when someone comes to visit and so at least your friends can help you complete your quests (and vice versa?).
3) Or can you not even complete side quests together and it's just free roaming, kill creeps, and trade items?

1 would be awesome, 2 just as good, and 3 the worst.

I've been getting my wife really into simulation games recently (Tomodachi Life, Rune Factory 4, and now Animal Crossing) so this seems like the next logical step for her. Great thing about AC is we can actually somewhat play together as well.
You can do everything but not Flutter's quest (the butterfly, main story quest)

So you can switch to a new job and do the questline about it without problem in co-op, or even accept NPC request and do them.
Edit : I'm not 100% sure about the job ones but that would be stupid if you couldn't because starting a job for the first time give you a quest automatically and you can't do anything without doing it.

HeeHo

Stupid question; was this game ever supposed to come out on the original Xbox?

I think this looks great, will probably get. Not into the Layton series but I love me some Level 5.

DMiz

Great OT!

Looking forward to this game, although by straight comparisons, it doesn't look that great compared to other similar games (Rune Factory 4 comes foremost to mind).

Still going to get it anyway just to have some fun with fam and friends.

Chaos17

Stupid question; was this game ever supposed to come out on the original Xbox?

I think this looks great, will probably get. Not into the Layton series but I love me some Level 5.

3dsffupd1.jpg

I don't think so since it was born on the Nintendo DS.

Great OT!

Looking forward to this game, although by straight comparisons, it doesn't look that great compared to other similar games (Rune Factory 4 comes foremost to mind).

Still going to get it anyway just to have some fun with fam and friends.
In my opinion, that game is more like a mmorpg with offline mod rather than a Rune Factory game beacause you don't manage a farm.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
The perennial question: digital or retail?

I'm going digital personally, like Animal Crossing. Definitely will be something I play a lot at random times, and am probably going to be keeping Smash in the game slot for a long time :p

Velcro Fly

going physical. I rarely play my handhelds out of the home anyway. if i have all these physical games and then get one game digital it just doesn't feel right to me. i don't mind cart swapping either.

ramyeon

Very tempted to grab this. I actually haven't really even touched my 3DS since I got my Vita, but this looks like something fun and casual enough to play every now and then.

This game is sneaking up on me a bit. I've been interested in it ever since I heard the impressions on a podcast (I believe 8-4 Play?). Definitely seems like a game I could get into, and the online co-op seems like it would complement this style of gameplay reasonably well.

MicH

Definitely going digital. It's so nice to have a game like this on me all the time. I have Animal Crossing and Pokemon digitally as well and it is so nice!

Gambit

3dsffupd1.jpg

I don't think so since it was born on the Nintendo DS.

In my opinion, that game is more like a mmorpg with offline mod rather than a Rune Factory game beacause you don't manage a farm.

I honestly loved the DS look.

So do I, but I think from those pictures, I actually prefer the middle version.

In any case, I am looking forward to it. Digital or physical? hmm...

Got the physical ordered at £25.00 so a no-brainer.
This seems more of a 'game' than 'software/lifestyle/app' to me anyway which is all I tend to buy digitally (New Art Academy, Animal Crossing and Tomodachi Life only so far)

I'll get the DLC too, eventually...

I'm still confused, so it's an RPG with a bit of sim mixed in? The game sounds interesting, but if it's more life sim than RPG I might ignore it since I got bored of Animal Crossing a bit too quickly.

Kouriozan

I'm still confused, so it's an RPG with a bit of sim mixed in? The game sounds interesting, but if it's more life sim than RPG I might ignore it since I got bored of Animal Crossing a bit too quickly.

You can say it's a RPG with crafting and collecting job.
You can have some houses and put furniture in it put it's not as deep as Animal Crossing.

TheMoon

It's an RPG where you have all the jobs in the town basically. Even lots of non-combat ones. But they all benefit one another. You grind your own ore as a miner to craft a better weapon for your warrior and you gather food and stuff to brew some potions and things like that.

I was curious about character customization options after the Animal Crossing disappointment and was thrilled at all the choices I found in a video.
Including some slightly non-human ones...
It looks like a tremendous amount of thought went into the process.

It's more like Rune Factory (sim + exploration + combat) than Animal Crossing (sim only).

Robin64

I was curious about character customization options after the Animal Crossing disappointment and was thrilled at all the choices I found in a video.
Including some slightly non-human ones...
It looks like a tremendous amount of thought went into the process.

Yes, character customization is pretty deep; it resembles that of Miis in a sense, with less face elements positioning but more options.

daydream

Banned
You guys already know which class you'll be starting out as?

Magician looked really fun on the Treehouse stream so I think I'll go with that as my first choice.

Now that's very very tempting.. Digital at the price of retail.

Certainly anyone getting digital already should just nab a GAME code.

And I bought £75 worth of eShop credit not realising GAME gets digital preorder codes now >__> would say at least I've got enough for digital Smash but...guessing GAME's gonna get codes for those too...

Magician looked really fun on the Treehouse stream so I think I'll go with that as my first choice.

Alchemist ;D brew my own potions first =P

Robin64

Miner for me. Gonna hit up the "miner -> blacksmith -> paladin" circle of life.

Probably.

Maybe.

Linius

Just got my download code from GAME UK. I can't wait for Friday!

How does that work? Seems like a good deal. I suppose you just buy it and then they send me an email for the game that I can redeem in the e-shop? Never bought digital games :p

Robin64

How does that work? Seems like a good deal. I suppose you just buy it and then they send me an email for the game that I can redeem in the e-shop? Never bought digital games :p

Yep, exactly that! Once the game is up on the eShop, you just go to Redeem Code and bam, game for cheaper.

MicH

Yup. They send you the code on e-mail and starting Friday midnight you can redeem it :) It is super easy and much cheapr than the actual eShop prices

Kouriozan

I was going Magician/Alchemist as they use the stat (intelligence).
But I want to do Tailor early too, it should feel good to make your own clothes.

Linius

Yep, exactly that! Once the game is up on the eShop, you just go to Redeem Code and bam, game for cheaper.

Yup. They send you the code on e-mail and starting Friday midnight you can redeem it :) It is super easy and much cheapr than the actual eShop prices

This sounds pretty good. It's just under 36 euros. Probably can get a boxed version here for 45.

Gonna check if I got the blocks. Might need another SD card. Is it hard to transfer all your stuff to a bigger SD card?

Top Bottom