• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Had a really fun multiplayer session with Chaos17, which I recorded.

We made even the toughest bosses look like noobs.

teamunite.png

Here's part 1: the Trial of Time

(Also after watching the video, I realised I forgot to share the Berserk Stone+ I cashed in. If you need them, give me a shout!)

Cool , i will watch it when i get hom from work

CrovaxPSO

Any word yet if NA and EU copies can play online together? Searched and saw that JP and EU cannot, but that doesn't necessarily mean NA and EU won't be able to. I know there will be an answer for sure as soon as it's out here, but being able to play with a friend of mine from Europe will be a big factor in whether or not I pick this up.

Killed both the Ancient Napdragon and Lord of the Cursed yesterday, Lord of the Cursed took me like 30-40 Life Cures before I finally got him down.

By comparison the Ancient Napdragon was really easy, every time you run away he goes back to sleep and whenever you hit him he goes through the entire wake-up animation before attacking back, just continuously running away and hitting him that way made the fight really easy. Might be a decent way to farm dosh.

Lanrutcon

Any word yet if NA and EU copies can play online together? Searched and saw that JP and EU cannot, but that doesn't necessarily mean NA and EU won't be able to. I know there will be an answer for sure as soon as it's out here, but being able to play with a friend of mine from Europe will be a big factor in whether or not I pick this up.

No word. it's the big question right now.

Robin64

I think they'll be compatible because the EU ROM contains all the US passwords. This leads me to believe that both regions will just have the exact same ROM with the 3DS deciding what language the game runs in.

quabba

I'm gonna need to farm dragon scales for making armour. So a lot of nap dragon killing.

Oh yeah me too. Also how many times do I have to kill bigbeak befor I get a rainbow feather.

I wish the wikis for item locations were a bit more developed. Probably have all the information available a week after then us version is out.

What's up with Pams requests I did one no she gave me 5x silver coins. Did I just get lucky? She wants a super campfire roast now but I can't remember where to pick them up from.

Hedge

Oh yeah me too. Also how many times do I have to kill bigbeak befor I get a rainbow feather.

I wish the wikis for item locations were a bit more developed. Probably have all the information available a week after then us version is out.

What's up with Pams requests I did one no she gave me 5x silver coins. Did I just get lucky? She wants a super campfire roast now but I can't remember where to pick them up from.

I think the amount of coins she gives will rise the more requests you do in sucession.

Linius

Might be the one on Cove Island or the one in the desert.

Chopper

I've been looking at my blacksmithing and carpentry recipes, trying to work out the best way to make some money. The
Gladiator Leggings
only require two ingredients, but sell for about 4,800-5,000 depending on quality. I made and sold a load last night (enough to enable Auto+ which is a Godsend!) and easily made enough for the Al Maajik holiday home in about half an hour (probably less). Result!

So long airship fees!

I've only recently begun to appreciate the warp options on the map. I didn't realise you can instantly travel back to your life master from anywhere! Seems a bit cheap, but it's oh so convenient.

Rootbeer

Banned
After the long, grueling wait my amazon copy will probably ship within the next 24 hours...

At long last I will have a new rpg to play!

Kater

Banned
I'm gonna need to farm dragon scales for making armour. So a lot of nap dragon killing.
The Napdragon is so damn easy. Beat him on Level 33 or something like that. Granted, I had
Odin and Pino
with me, but still. Way too easy. 😎

Now the
Golden Dragon
is a real challenge. I wasted so many Anti-Stun potions trying to put him down to no avail.

Hedge

Yeah, the mythical beasts on the second-to-last floor of the third trial.

I may have some spare or we could tag along in the tower : P

Ah, thanks. Yeah I'm not strong enough for that yet, haha

I'd love to tag up sometime, but I'm heading out to take my pup to the vet, so maybe later!

Thanks again, though. There are so many items in the game. Confusing.

So... I still don't feel I have a terribly great grasp on this game.

Can someone recommend a preview video, or something really good at conveying the experience on the whole?

I'm gathering its Animal Crossing x Dragon Quest?

daydream

Banned
For the first time? Wow, that's dedication.

I'm gonna be swapping like nobody's business.

Yup, first time at lvl. 37. :p

Not that it makes a big difference. Sure, I have some decent equipment now (no good axe, though), but I put literally no points in strength or dexterity so I'll still go through the natural progression as far as the actual woodcutting goes.

But yeah, I figured now's a good time to catch up with some of the lives what with my world map being relatively open now.

Also, while I wouldn't necessarily recommend my way of doing it (just stick with one life for almost 40 levels), there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, either. Love how the game allows for different playstyles like that. Although I WILL say that I absolutely recommend Mage as a starter class. You'll have the means to defend yourself while going for resources later and you'll already have tons of items collected.

Just as a general tip, you're better off picking up both Miner and Woodcutter early on so that you don't end up having to go around mining/cutting down 500 ores/trees later in the game when you've already progressed past all the content.

atbigelow

Argh I cannot wait to get this tomorrow. I've been avoiding this thread so I don't spoil much about it. Expect me to dive in more soon, though!

Just as a general tip, you're better off picking up both Miner and Woodcutter early on so that you don't end up having to go around mining/cutting down 500 ores/trees later in the game when you've already progressed past all the content.
Thought so.

Hunter + Woodcutter = Forest Life

So how fun is the fishing? Loved it in Animal Crossing. I think I am more hyped for mat collecting than anything...used to love doing that in any MMO I would play.

Kater

Banned
I did the unthinkable.. changed my job for the first time. :p

Time for deforestation!
I felt like betraying my kin when I first switched from the Tailors Life. 😭

Now I have 6 different Lifes and everytime I see Chic or Taylor I feel really bad.

Yeah, I am a bit too much into the whole Role-playing thing. 😪

So how fun is the fishing? Loved it in Animal Crossing. I think I am more hyped for mat collecting than anything...used to love doing that in any MMO I would play.

Much more involving than Animal Crossing's fishing, basically you've gotta drain the stamina of the fishes to catch them, so it's better and more rewarding, but you won't be able to catch certain fishes without better equipments etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqE21bg3lcg&list=UU7tVVqmiO7aNBCtn-hhtapA

-NeoTB1-

Now I have 6 different Lifes and everytime I see Chic or Taylor I feel really bad.

Nothing at all wrong with that IMO. I am the same way with games. I have no doubt I will approach Fantasy Life in a similar fashion. 2 more days!

TheMoon

Just switched to magician. Not even started the basic tutorial quest but Jinx is already my favorite chatracter (chat is French for cat^^). I'm being drowned in puns. Audrey Drake: The Game.

daydream

Banned

Oh, I totally get ya.

#mage4lyfe

Kater

Banned
Nothing at all wrong with that IMO. I am the same way with games. I have no doubt I will approach Fantasy Life in a similar fashion. 2 more days!
It's just what I normally do in all kinds of RPGs, I just like to stick to one path. Some people can give you odd looks if you say that though, like "hey, it's not real life, you can do everything, why limit yourself?". But that is just it, I can do everything but choose to limit myself. I want to play a humble citizen of Castele who loves to make clothes and sometimes burns monsters and bandits to ashes in a whirlwind of fire. 😪

Just switched to magician. Not even started the basic tutorial quest but Jinx is already my favorite chatracter (chat is French for cat^^). I'm being drowned in puns. Audrey Drake: The Game.
Jinx is basically Salem Saberhagen.
tumblr_m5trzdlA0s1rppw5a.gif

Oh, I totally get ya.

#mage4lyfe
Yay, high five!

I'm a Master in the Magician Life, nearing Hero rank. Wraiths are a lot of fun to battle, mostly. Though I see a bit of a pattern in their attacks which makes them a bit too easy if you have any companions (Allies) with you.

Grizzo

Still some huge monsters that I can't seem to do any damage too in Levitania, even though I'm on level 43.

Will I soon be able to defeat them? Not that I'm in a hurry but I'm just curious about it.

Kater

Banned
Still some huge monsters that I can't seem to do any damage too in Levitania, even though I'm on level 43.

Will I soon be able to defeat them? Not that I'm in a hurry but I'm just curious about it.
Which one, the one near the village or the Lightning Wraith one the small islands? I defeated the latter yesterday on Level 42 as an Expert Mage and
Yuelia/Odin
as my companions.

Maybesew

Hey guys, two questions.

How do you record game play off the 3DS?

Is there a preferred method to order the game for Friday to get the best deal/content?

vids

Unconfirmed Member
I've been hearing buzz about passwords but trying to minimize my exposure as to not spoil anything in-game.

In a nutshell what are the passwords used for?

Do they add areas or enhance my characters abilities in any way or is it just for show?

Could I unlock these things in-game rather than use passwords?

I've been hearing buzz about passwords but trying to minimize my exposure as to not spoil anything in-game.

In a nutshell what are the passwords used for?

Do they add areas or enhance my characters abilities in any way or is it just for show?

Could I unlock these things in-game rather than use passwords?

Passwords unlock clothes and furniture you can't get normally.

Stat-wise, I don't think the clothes are anything special; they're mainly for show.

EDIT

Hey guys, two questions.

How do you record game play off the 3DS?

Is there a preferred method to order the game for Friday to get the best deal/content?
You need a modded 3DS with a capture board installed. Those cost hundreds of dollars, nevermind the 3DS itself.

EDIT2

Whoa, Flutter/Butterfly seems so different in the North American version. I kind of want cynical Butterfly, but...

(Big spoilers)
I can't imagine cynical Yuelia.

Grizzo

Which one, the one near the village or the Lightning Wraith one the small islands? I defeated the latter yesterday on Level 42 as an Expert Mage and
Yuelia/Odin
as my companions.

Can't do anything to that Lightning Wraith haha my arrows just seem to have the same effect on him as raindrops

I don't have
Yuelia
as my companion though

Should I finish the main quest first?

Kater

Banned
Can't do anything to that Lightning Wraith haha my arrows just seem to have the same effect on him as raindrops

I don't have
Yuelia
as my companion though

Should I finish the main quest first?
I think you should, yeah.
Yuelia
uses (Earth) Healing Magic if she or others are low on health which is pretty useful in a pinch.

Also, don't forget to spoiler-tag! 😜

Yeah, this game won't punish you or nerf you.
That's one of its great features.
Just have fun with it.

Still if you want some info on stats, you can check this link : http://fantasy-life.wikia.com/wiki/Stats]

Haha, the formulae remind me of Fire Emblem in the way that they're so simple.

demonmaster.png

Here's part 2 (of 4) of our multiplayer adventures yesterday: Trial of Darkness

I'm also accepting video requests, but dunno how long for (I can't record anything from the story because I've beaten it).

Grizzo

I think you should, yeah.
Yuelia
uses (Earth) Healing Magic if she or others are low on health which is pretty useful in a pinch.

Also, don't forget to spoiler-tag! 😜

oh yeah alright it's done, didn't even think about it since we get to know about her since the beginning of the game

But what I wanted to say is it doesn't matter if I bring
Yuelia
with me, since my arc can't seem to be able to hurt the Lightning Wraith at all....

Kater

Banned
oh yeah alright it's done, didn't even think about it since we get to know about her since the beginning of the game

But what I wanted to say is it doesn't matter if I bring
Yuelia
with me, since my arc can't seem to be able to hurt the Lightning Wraith at all....
Hm, that's weird. Not even a scratch? Maybe you can only really do something against the Lightning Wraith with Magic. I tried to hurt the Earth Wraith(?) (Elderwood) when I was at a way lower level with non-magic class and it didn't really affect the Wraith either.

If you need help (and if you have the DLC) I can help you out. I'm a Master Magician so I can do quite a few nice fireworks already, together we could grill that bird in no time. 😝

Hm, that's weird. Not even a scratch? Maybe you can only really do something against the Lightning Wraith with Magic. I tried to hurt the Earth Wraith(?) (Elderwood) when I was at a way lower level with non-magic class and it didn't really affect the Wraith either.

I think Wraiths are bosses for Magicians, so that would make sense.

I do remember doing low damage to the Rainbow Wraith until I forged the best sword I could.

Kater

Banned
I think Wraiths are bosses for Magicians, so that would make sense.

I do remember doing low damage to the Rainbow Wraith until I forged the best sword I could.
Dragons (Napdragon, ...) seem to get damaged by magical or non-magical attacks though, which is weird. Or maybe I'm just way above their level. 😥

Top Bottom