• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Gaz_RB

Had a really fun multiplayer session with Chaos17, which I recorded.

We made even the toughest bosses look like noobs.

teamunite.png

Here's part 1: the Trial of Time

(Also after watching the video, I realised I forgot to share the Berserk Stone+ I cashed in. If you need them, give me a shout!)

Thanks for the video.

Grizzo

Hm, that's weird. Not even a scratch? Maybe you can only really do something against the Lightning Wraith with Magic. I tried to hurt the Earth Wraith(?) (Elderwood) when I was at a way lower level with non-magic class and it didn't really affect the Wraith either.

If you need help (and if you have the DLC) I can help you out. I'm a Master Magician so I can do quite a few nice fireworks already, together we could grill that bird in no time. 😝

I think Wraiths are bosses for Magicians, so that would make sense.

I do remember doing low damage to the Rainbow Wraith until I forged the best sword I could.

Oh I usually manage to hurt them. I played with daydreaming last weekend and we killed all the Wraith that we could find. He's a Master Magician and I'm a Master Hunter. But this one... nope, not a scratch.

Plus he looks like an owl so I thought my arrows would hurt him pretty bad, haha.

El Gato let's play together this weekend if you're still up to it! :D

Kater

Banned
^ The Duck outfit is pretty cute. 😊
Oh I usually manage to hurt them. I played with daydreaming last weekend and we killed all the Wraith that we could find. He's a Master Magician and I'm a Master Hunter. But this one... nope, not a scratch.

Plus he looks like an owl so I thought my arrows would hurt him pretty bad, haha.

El Gato let's play together this weekend if you're still up to it! :D
Of course I am. Just PM me when you have time. 😆

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Had a really fun multiplayer session with Chaos17, which I recorded.

We made even the toughest bosses look like noobs.

teamunite.png

Here's part 1: the Trial of Time

(Also after watching the video, I realised I forgot to share the Berserk Stone+ I cashed in. If you need them, give me a shout!)

Pretty cool stuff there! Question what did you use to record that? One of those modified 3dses?

TheMoon

Thinking about picking this up for my 6 year old daughter, are the game mechanics difficult or could she figure them out?

There is nothing complicated about this game. It has a lot of text though.

It's rated PEGI 7, USK 6 so she's right in the appropriate group there.

Parakeetman

Thinking about picking this up for my 6 year old daughter, are the game mechanics difficult or could she figure them out?

Gameplay wise nothing is super difficult and fairly straight forward. Though there will be a lot of reading initially with the whole long tutorial when the game starts so hope she has a good attention span lol.

Kitoro

I know story missions are not possible in multiplayer, but I'm really interested in a game I can play with my wife. Are there lots of side-missions that we'd be able to tackle together? I don't want multiplayer to be more like and aimless afterthought, basically.

Thanks!

Impotaku

Pretty cool stuff there! Question what did you use to record that? One of those modified 3dses?

You can take screenshots by pressing either the start or select button. It's one of the games that lets you take pics it's a fun feature i wish more games would use it.

Parakeetman

You can take screenshots by pressing either the start or select button. It's one of the games that lets you take pics it's a fun feature i wish more games would use it.

Not screenshots, the actual footage recorded if you saw the post I had quoted. :)

I know story missions are not possible in multiplayer, but I'm really interested in a game I can play with my wife. Are there lots of side-missions that we'd be able to tackle together? I don't want multiplayer to be more like and aimless afterthought, basically.

Thanks!

Unfortunately side quests will also be locked out, but you can do the ones you've already taken just can't hand them in =/, multiplayer is more or less taking on stronger monsters you may not be able to when you were alone. Which may or may not be one of the challenges to your class and bounties to be handed in which are the only "side quests" you can do.

Chaos17

Thanks!

You can check the video above to get a glimpse of co-op.

Things you can't do in co-op :
- use chat
- use quick map teleport
- talk to NPC quest so be sure to take quest before going online
- can only trade through a chest at the guild
- you can't change job
- you can't advance in the story
- you can't use the hairstyler

Good thing about co-op :
- exp is shared
- each player has his own loot so no need to fight over loot. Only bounties are unique and up to 3 for all the party.
- You get more exp if all players kill the same mob.
- Challenges like killing X mobs are count for players with the quest.
- Bounties reward multiply with the number of players

@Samurai_Heart : since question about co-op is quite common, maybe you could put some info in first post in the FAQ ? This is just a suggestion

@Samurai_Heart : since question about co-op is quite common, maybe you could put some info in first post in the FAQ ? This is just a suggestion
Added, gave you credits as well =)

Edit:
In a mo apparently got to max character to a post limit =O
Double Edit:
Got rid of some of the screenshots, hopefully won't have to add too much next update.

Grizzo

You can check the video above to get a glimpse of co-op.

Things you can't do in co-op :
- use chat

what do you mean? I wan use the chat when I'm playing in co-op...

Or do you mean using it with people you're not playing with?

By the way it's such a shame the chat is so awful. Most of the time they don't give you nearly enough space to say what you have to say :(

what do you mean? I wan use the chat when I'm playing in co-op...

Or do you mean using it with people you're not playing with?

By the way it's such a shame the chat is so awful. Most of the time they don't give you nearly enough space to say what you have to say :(

Think they meant link mode, whelp back to editing the OP lol, should've proof read XD

Not screenshots, the actual footage recorded if you saw the post I had quoted. :)

Yeah, modded 3DS like you guessed. I have one for work purposes.

Also, just hit God Carpenter!

Sadly, I still have 300 trees to chop down for Legend Woodcutter, but my skill level is enough to chop down any tree.

Impotaku

Finally hit level 100 and attained god level in a few of my lives mainly palace guard, mercenary, miner & lumberjack. The rest i'm working on, had a go at some of the extra battles your masters allow you to do tried taking on the dragon my god i got totally destroyed in seconds lol.

Time to take a break from poking everything that moves with my sword and start turning the small mountain of rare ingredients i have been stockpiling for the last 66 hours into some interesting items and potions.

Doombear

Question I have had for a bit. I keep seeing the posts showing new outfit discoveries. Can someone explain that to me? Are there hidden armor sets that are really rare/hard to find?

daydream

Banned
Question I have had for a bit. I keep seeing the posts showing new outfit discoveries. Can someone explain that to me? Are there hidden armor sets that are really rare/hard to find?

Costumes unlocked via passwords. You can unlock all of them from the get go since all the codes have already been datamined (see here). Nintendo is releasing them one by one, though (on Twitter and such).

Doombear

Ah! Thanks daydreaming, I didn't realize that the discoveries and the mined passwords were for the same things or that they were (prior to the mining) being trickled out. Makes much more sense now.

sörine

Banned
NOA's actually advertising this on tv! I saw the commercial last night, it actually felt more like a commercial for a mobile game until they showed the 3DS at the end.

Kater

Banned
Does anyone know how I get to the Cacto Cove? Maybe I missed something in the dialog but I can't find it and the wiki doesn't help when it says that you get there by boat from Al Maajik.

Yay 😊

You got the DLC too, right?

Grizzo ditching me. ;-; Quelle trahison!

let's do 3 player coop, brehs
We can play together, totally fine with me. But if you are already the Magician it would be best for me to get a few more ranks as a Mercenary and then join you as the melee fighter in the group.

Aragorn,_Legolas,_and_Gimli.jpg

I wish I could stop attacking my own bounties.

It's annoying, but you need that ability later when you've got 2 good bounties already and 3 trashy bosses ahead of you.

EDIT

Does anyone know how I get to the Cacto Cove? Maybe I missed something in the dialog but I can't find it and the wiki doesn't help when it says that you get there by boat from Al Maajik.
It's in the south-most (first) area of Al Majiik. Look around near the south, where the big body of water is and there's a ferry to Cacto Cove there.

You need to recruit the cowardly knight before you can visit Cacto Cove though.

Kater

Banned
It's in the south-most (first) area of Al Majiik. Look around near the south, where the big body of water is and there's a ferry to Cacto Cove there.

So I need to have him with me or do you mean once I get him as an Ally I am allowed to travel there?

Is it somewhere around the Subterranean Lake?

Found it. I searched in the Drysand Desert instead of the Al Maajik Outskirts for some reason. Silly me. 😪

So I need to have him with me or do you mean once I get him as an Ally I am allowed to travel there?

Is it somewhere around the Subterranean Lake?

Sorry, I meant the Al Maajik town. It's the first place you visit once you cross the ravine and the area right before Drysand Desert.

You don't need him in your party, you just need to have recruited him. That said, it's been a long time since I unlocked Cacto Cove, so not 100% sure.

Grizzo

Grizzo ditching me. ;-; Quelle trahison!

let's do 3 player coop, brehs

Don't worry, I'm not ditching you bruh I just wanted to include El Gato to our next session :D

Yay 😊

You got the DLC too, right?

We can play together, totally fine with me. But if you are already the Magician it would be best for me to get a few more ranks as a Mercenary and then join you as the melee fighter in the group.

Aragorn,_Legolas,_and_Gimli.jpg

Yes! I bought it last week to play with daydreaming (and because I really don't want this game to end... I need more!). If you upgrade your Mercenary life we're gonna have a kickass team :D

Cacto Cove is a weird place. My quests list says I haw to get there and kill some shadow wolves but once I get there I can only find some weak cactus and a cave that only has one room (and a painting on the wall)... Am I missing something here?

Cacto Cove is a weird place. My quests list says I haw to get there and kill some shadow wolves but once I get there I can only find some weak cactus and a cave that only has one room (and a painting on the wall)... Am I missing something here?
When you're Level 45 or over, the painting on the wall will change into a portal. The portal leads to the Dark Void, which has a random set of shadow enemies when you enter.
Do I have to make my own silk?
You can buy some from the fabric shop (like the one in the bottom-left corner of East Castele's Artisan's district). Not sure if you need the Bliss bonus that adds more things to buy.

Chaos17

It's crap how there are so few sets of armour in the game and yet so many sets are locked behind passwords. I don't get the point...

They were probably released in Japan (through updates?), so community could have some events during the year to celebrate. But, we western players had all that content already included instead because we kinda time skipped 2 years of content release. And Level-5 didn't wanted to make any big change for us.

So unforntualy for Nintendo and Level-5 some geeks datamined all the passwords and released them. I say unfortunaly because I think they also planned to reveal them like in Japan to entertain the community during the year.

But I feel you because I would've prefered to craft those recepies but that mean the players that don't have any craft jobs wouldn't be able to get these items. That wouldn't be fair for them.

Though, I will still prefered first option because I want more content~

Kater

Banned
Don't worry, I'm not ditching you bruh I just wanted to include El Gato to our next session :D

Yes! I bought it last week to play with daydreaming (and because I really don't want this game to end... I need more!). If you upgrade your Mercenary life we're gonna have a kickass team :D
Good, then nothing stands in the way of some multiplayer fun! 😃
Just went there and there is
some dark sphere that transports you into some room with a boss enemy.
I have finished the Lunares story so maybe that changes that. That is probably the reason why it doesn't show up for you.

Top Bottom