• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Eusis

I suggest you to stay away from Divinity Original and Legend of Heroes serie then.
Because they're more wordy than this game, lol.
A key difference can be just how engaging the dialogue is, and some of those responses are very clearly on the boat of "this is far more verbose than the material deserves." It's kind of like someone not liking Golden Sun being told to stay away from Trails in the Sky, even though maybe it's NOT because they hate to read too much (they already play RPGs normally presumably so that probably isn't THAT big of a deal) but because what they're reading is very boring and lame, and so having that drawn out is torturous.

Experien

Things you can't do in co-op :

- use quick map teleport
- talk to NPC quest so be sure to take quest before going online
- you can't change job
- you can't advance in the story
- you can't use the hairstyler
- use mounts

Good thing about co-op :
- exp is shared but need to be close or on same map (not sure)
- each player has his own loot so no need to fight over loot. Only bounties are unique and up to 3 for all the party.
- Bounties reward multiply with the number of players, so if you're 3, you will get x3 the bounty reward.
- You get more exp if all players kill the same mob.
- Quests about hunting X monsters count for all players that have the quest.
- Can only trade through a chest at the guild
- Visit host house.

So you can't take quests when playing co-op? You pick one before you "buddy-up" and then no more new ones?

So you can't take quests when playing co-op? You pick one before you "buddy-up" and then no more new ones?

Sounds like it.

But most Life challenges can be done before accepting the actual challenge, so it only affects quests from residents.

One thing missing: you can teleport to another player during co-op.

I want to test that in the Ancient Tower...

Speaking of which, I didn't get any responses last time, but are any players with the DLC interested in scaling the Ancient Tower together? I can solo all the stages, but I want to see what it's like with more players.

OT's subheading changed, thanks Duckroll =), we're ready for you NA folks =D as some may have seen quite a number of people have gotten quite addicted to the title ;D...let's just hope Nintendo didn't go stupid with their online X'D

Chaos17

Sounds like it.

But most Life challenges can be done before accepting the actual challenge, so it only affects quests from residents.

One thing missing: you can teleport to another player during co-op.

I want to test that in the Ancient Tower...

Speaking of which, I didn't get any responses last time, but are any players with the DLC interested in scaling the Ancient Tower together? I can solo all the stages, but I want to see what it's like with more players.

I'm free and I'm on Skype :D

Chaos17

Nice!

Do you think we can find one more person? They can just tag along for the exp if they want XD

I'm kind of busy today as well, so maybe we can decide on a day to play together?

I've maybe someone else too but he won't have Skype, but I'm not sure.
How can I add you in my in game freiendlist ? >.>"

What time are you free ?
It's 7:30 pm in France.

I've someone else too but he won't have Skype.

What time are you free ?
In game friendlist? The link mode stuff? Go into link mode part and press the settings tab and go to the friends tab IIRC?

I've someone else too but he won't have Skype.

What time are you free ?

Usually around 2 to 5 PM my time, which is 1 hour behind yours.

That works too, although I'm a bit worried about the communications aspect : P

Linius

uRPYUhe.jpg

Some new art for the passwords from Facebook.

Maybe I should think about decorating one of my houses. Thanks to the carpenter job I've made quite a lot of furniture already.

Chaos17

Usually around 2 to 5 PM my time, which is 1 hour behind yours.

That works too, although I'm a bit worried about the communications aspect : P

Ok, just come on Skype when you're ready or a pm here or in game if I'm connected.
I will open my world and for now I will craft some potions to get prepared, lol.

uRPYUhe.jpg

Some new art for the passwords from Facebook.

Maybe I should think about decorating one of my houses. Thanks to the carpenter job I've made quite a lot of furniture already.
I like it.

Linius

Btw, today I streetpassed someone who recently played Fantasy Life but my Fantasy Life game didn't had the green icon in the 3DS menu. So I guess that person doesn't have streetpass activated :(

Ok, just come on Skype when you're ready or a pm here or in game if I'm connected.
I will open my world and for now I will craft some potions to get prepared, lol.
Gotcha!

Haha, I burn potions so quick that exploration eats away all my profits. I guess I could sell the weapons I don't need...

Btw, today I streetpassed someone who recently played Fantasy Life but my Fantasy Life game didn't had the green icon in the 3DS menu. So I guess that person doesn't have streetpass activated :(
That or they capped at 10 hits for Fantasy Life. I'm mildly annoyed the cap is so low when Animal Crossing could afford 20 hits and still fit your entire house data and more.

Chaos17

Gotcha!

Haha, I burn potions so quick that exploration eats away all my profits. I guess I could sell the weapons I don't need...

That or they capped at 10 hits for Fantasy Life. I'm mildly annoyed the cap is so low when Animal Crossing could afford 20 hits and still fit your entire house data and more.

By the way, what's your main class ?

Preorder made. HYPE! Not sure if I'll get the DLC initially, but if other people who are starting out are planning to get it day 1 I might as well jump on it.

gerudoman

I've just started my adventure, I'm starting as a tailor. I've done a couple of missions and so far so good, but this open world games with tons of options always overwhelm me a bit. Any tips to make my first steps easier?

I'm still using the worn axe as a woodcutter. Can't work out where to buy a better one.

Either make a better axe by ranking up blacksmith and having the appropriate material (you'll need oak IIRC), I believe? Or unlock better shop item's in Castele with bliss points and buy a better axe.
I've just started my adventure, I'm starting as a tailor. I've done a couple of missions and so far so good, but this open world games with tons of options always overwhelm me a bit. Any tips to make my first steps easier?
Check out the hints and tips section from the OP, which I linked from a Reddit user.

Oxx

Thanks. I haven't started blacksmith yet.

I remember finding that mole that sold mining tools out in the world, so I wasn't sure if I had missed someone selling axes anywhere.

Chaos17

Thanks. I haven't started blacksmith yet.

I remember finding that mole that sold mining tools out in the world, so I wasn't sure if I had missed someone selling axes anywhere.

Axes are sold at the ore merchant, east Castel.
You will find other tools too on the other merchants around.

Sorry for my bad english,

Got Fantasy Life during my trip to Austria, unfortunately I didn't have my 3DS with me, it is a really nice time sink for planes and trains.
After playing it for a couple of days, I kinda wish to see the sequel on bigger console (Wii U will be a good fit) - I really like the art style, but it's obviously have some limitations on 3DS.

Grizzo

I suggest you to stay away from Divinity Original and Legend of Heroes serie then.
Because they're more wordy than this game, lol.

Lol it's not about reading stuff though :D

When I played Golden Sun I read everything (except when I died after a boss battle and had to read the same text again). It's just that the writing here is really plain and boring. Plus the main quest just requires you to go to places (never too far too) and read some text.

They'd be better off just showing us a cutscene.

quabba

Dat title change. @_@

I hope NA enjoys the game I certainly have. I hit 100hours last night which is very unusual for me especially in the space of a few weeks (usually I only do that with Pokemon)

So from memory I'm about lvl84 -have been using the double xp shoes (they rock). I have finished all the flutter requests. 1job at god (paladin) another 4 at legend/god in training, 3 at hero, 2 master and 2 expert.

I found unlocking the dlc level cap and respec to a all str and vit build let me plough through a lot of challenges for paladin, merc, miner, blacksmith and woodcutter.

Now I've respec again to dex and vit and going through hunter. With equips all my job levels are over 100.

Tips for people picking up the game

Kill everything - you will need the drops for something
Swap jobs - I found it more fun to switch up through the jobs after a few hours.
Fast travel - In each town there Is a pilot (little propellor symbol on the map). He will fly you directly to the sub areas/dungeons - super useful and easy to miss.

Chaos17

Lol it's not about reading stuff though :D

When I played Golden Sun I read everything (except when I died after a boss battle and had to read the same text again). It's just that the writing here is really plain and boring. Plus the main quest just requires you to go to places (never too far too) and read some text.

They'd be better off just showing us a cutscene.

I didn't play Golden Sun until the end so I can't say anything about it.
But I did played Original Divinity of Sin and man even the bad guys or villages will tell you their life, haha. That's was... anti-climatic and boring. Anyway, I mean to harm, that was just a suggestion.

Meffer

I requested two days off from work a month in advance so my friend and I could get the game and play with each other (and Bayo2) during that time. Unfortunately, some crap happened at work and we're short staffed so I don't have Friday off, and my shift for Friday is 10AM to 9:30PM which is a new shift because of the short staffing. It's honestly not fair. I'm trying to see if I can switch shifts with someone else to have at least Friday off.

Chopper

Mastered my first life last night. And then blew 26,000 on a new pickaxe! Totally worth it.

Gonna master fishing next, but I'm having trouble getting the Deep Sea Longfish to spawn.

Chopper

Get on blacksmithing man, better pickaxe and it costs ya nothing!

Oh yeah, I know. I'm working on it. I'm an Expert currently, so none of my recipes are good enough for the sort of pickaxe I wanted. That Dragon Scab in Mt Snowpeak has been bothering me for aaaaages. I'm baffled as to why it's an Adept Challenge, seeing as none of the pickaxes available to you at that point in the Miner Life will touch it, and at that stage in the game your strength is too low to compensate. Finally, after mastering mining, buying a stupidly good pickaxe I got the bastard, and I slept a little better last night.

Maybe I'll blast through some Carpenting later to see if I can make myself a better rod so I don't have the same problem with Angling. Having said that, I haven't found anything I've not been able to catch yet. Fishing is easy.

Maybe I'll blast through some Carpenting later to see if I can make myself a better rod so I don't have the same problem with Angling. Having said that, I haven't found anything I've not been able to catch yet. Fishing is easy.

Golden Swordfish in Tortuga Archipelago? That guy stumped me for a bit.

Chopper

Golden Swordfish in Tortuga Archipelago? That guy stumped me for a bit.
Ah. I wondered if there was a different fish there. I came back later and rocked the Swordfish after struggling about 6 hours previously. I assumed I had just levelled enough to get it. Cool. Carpenting it is!

Also, does the Deep Sea Longfish spawn in that main pool area of Deepsea Cave? I don't think I've ever seen it.

Oxx

I've gone Merc -> Miner -> Woodcutter so far.

I'm preferring running around the world to progressing the story, so I might hop around a few more lives.

Blacksmith?

Will I be able to make useful stuff even if I'm relatively early in the game (level 22)?

I'm preferring running around the world to progressing the story, so I might hop around a few more lives.

Blacksmith?

Will I be able to make useful stuff even if I'm relatively early in the game (level 22)?
If you do well in the minigame and manage to get top/great quality the tools/weapon tend to be almost as good as the next tool "upgrade" you buy.

I'd recommend unlocking all the classes and then go back to whichever ones you wanna focus on afterwards. If you running around the world doing the gatherer lifes will make it less annoying when you see a fish etc you could catch lol.

Blacksmith?

Blacksmith has great synergy with both Merc and Paladin, I actually started out as Blacksmith and picked up both Miner and Merc afterwards. High quality gear is only available from crafting and has a pretty significant boost over vendor/found gear, even at low levels.

Ah. I wondered if there was a different fish there. I came back later and rocked the Swordfish after struggling about 6 hours previously. I assumed I had just levelled enough to get it. Cool. Carpenting it is!

Also, does the Deep Sea Longfish spawn in that main pool area of Deepsea Cave? I don't think I've ever seen it.

Yeah, it spawns on the left-most fishing spot. Took me quite a few runs before it actually appeared, you need to go back and sleep each time.

Top Bottom