• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 3 |OT| Sex, Drugs, and the Call of Battle in the Uncharted

Definity

Exactly. Make sure Steam is closed. Launch the VPN client, set it to the Aussie server. Launch Steam. This should automatically start the decrypting process on FC3, if not press the "play" button on it.

Once it's done, run the game from steam, then copy your key into the Uplay launcher. Launch the game through Uplay, then quit the game.

Put Steam into "Offline" mode. Steam will restart. Once it does, shut down the VPN client, and you can run the game any time from Steam.

Even though the game uses Uplay, it doesn't seem to allow you to just run the executable from the steamapps folder, you have to execute it from the Steam client for it to recognize your Uplay login ID.

Thanks for the lesson. I'm up and running now. Good bye life.

Sephon

Wow, I was wondering what the downside was with GMGs own capsule was, Now I know.
20kb/s, so probably no FC3 until the weekend for me...
I can honestly say :sadface:

MormaPope

Banned
Apparently there are two endings to get in Far Cry 3, heard that while watching a video review.

Also the map editor can be used for really fucked up hijinks. Want to see 10 bears vs. 10 tigers? What about 10 crocodiles vs. 5 sharks?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Wow, I was wondering what the downside was with GMGs own capsule was, Now I know.
20kb/s, so probably no FC3 until the weekend for me...
I can honestly say :sadface:

I think Capsule is P2P, so your rates may pick up a lot after it's running a while.

Holy shit, I just watched the first ten minutes on those Gamersyde videos.

Makes me really want this now...maybe I'll pick it up in the morning after class if I can find my GAME card. Still torn between platforms as I'd prefer to get it on PS3 (because I find the Slim is so much easier to transport around) but wary nonetheless.

For those playing on PS3, any noticeable issues? I'm fine with a bit of screen tearing or a framerate dip here and there, but want it to perform well overall.

SLV

What do you guys think, would the GMG serial work on a " alternatively" acquired installation of the game ?

Cause 20 kb/s is breaking my balls...

Hmm I just had my first bad experience with Uplay :( I played until I get to the first radio-tower and when I tried to fast-travel the game said "Fast Travel isn't possible while auto-saving" then I tried to manually save and my game froze so I ALT+F4'ed and I have to start from the beginning again :/

Other than that the game runs great on a 6850! :D

eso76

Do you what system is he playing them on? PC. You can't change the Fov in the console versions.

Thought it was a comparison between PC and consoles versions. Which basically it is I guess.
I would assume consoles are closer to the more zoomed in view, right ?
Makes sense, would help reducing the amount of stuff on screen.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is this game updating through Uplay for you guys? I'm wondering if I'll need to re-VPN and connect to steam again to get the update.

Is there a way to tell if your game is updated to 1.1? Is it on the title screen or anywhere?

Megasoum

Banned
Is this game updating through Uplay for you guys? I'm wondering if I'll need to re-VPN and connect to steam again to get the update.

Is there a way to tell if your game is updated to 1.1? Is it on the title screen or anywhere?

I'm pretty sure it is, I remember seeing v1.0 in some of the videos.

Ok so GMG's Capsule is up to a staggering 200KB/s now. Was sub 20KB/s for half an hour. At this rate I might get to play the thing in a day or two instead of next week. Hurray.

So whats the general consensus on this game? Are people enjoying what they've played of it?
Edit: This game still isn't out yet is it my bad.

ironcreed

Banned
What the hell? over 10 minutes for an official trailer? spoiler heavy i guess?

btw. Where the fuck is the launch trailer?

Not spoilery at all, believe it or not. Just a really thorough tour of what is on offer in this packed as hell package. It just shows how big and detailed the game is.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Not spoilery at all, believe it or not. Just a really thorough tour of what is on offer in this packed as hell package. It just shows how big and detailed the game is.

Ok watching it now, thanks.

Hmm I just had my first bad experience with Uplay :( I played until I get to the first radio-tower and when I tried to fast-travel the game said "Fast Travel isn't possible while auto-saving" then I tried to manually save and my game froze so I ALT+F4'ed and I have to start from the beginning again :/

Other than that the game runs great on a 6850! :D
o_O How far were you?

Lyonaz

Dismiss my last post, I moved my gamefiles after install and the game didn't work and thought the game would unlock after midnight.

Anyways I reinstalled it and could launch the game. So now I just need to install the latest nvidia drivers and patch the game and I'll be all set!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Can someone please confirm whether this game patches itself through UPlay or if you need to have Steam update it?

Frillen

Played the 360 version for three hours now. And this is by far the most beautiful console game I've ever played. How the hell did Ubisoft pull this of!? Oh, and there's no screen tearing. Framerate is pretty good, no slowdowns yet.

Question though? Where can I find a god damn goat?

SJRB

Gold Member
So I installed the game through GMG's Capsule client, downloaded and updated the uPlay client, and now what? Where do I redeem the codes and activate the game? It doesn't show up anywhere.

God this is so annoying.

ironcreed

Banned
Played the 360 version for three hours now. And this is by far the most beautiful console game I've ever played. How the hell did Ubisoft pull this of!? Oh, and there's no screen tearing. Framerate is pretty good, no slowdowns yet.

Question though? Where can I find a god damn goat?

Been waiting for you. So far so good then, I take it?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
So I installed the game through GMG's Capsule client, downloaded and updated the uPlay client, and now what? Where do I redeem the codes and activate the game? It doesn't show up anywhere.

God this is so annoying.

Check the "my games" section on the GMG site. It has a section for your game keys.

HOLY SHIT. Heat is pretty much like the Sunshine song.

Goddamn is this game pretty much perfect? Great gameplay, great OST, great art, great graphics, great atmosphere.........I think I pre'd my pants.

Lyonaz

God this is so annoying.

Lol I know! Check your Far Cry 3 install map and open the FC3 exe. It will launch Uplay and ask for code.

-Edit- Good god the FC3Updater is slow =( and it's my second time downloading it. >.<

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
How big is the steam download for this?

Am preloading now but unfortunately I cant find out for the life of me any sort of actual full size info via the steam platform or Id answer your question. D:

Seems like someone answered the question. How posts fly fast in this thread!

despire

I've asked this before but how is the comparison between the PS3 version and the 360 version. I know there's some difference lighting but are there any other differences for example less foliage or missing effects etc?

And how bad is the framerate of the PS3 version?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
dat full brody awareness.
1024x576.resizedimage

Aww, they're so cute when they're not trying to put a bullet in your head.
1024x576.resizedimage

Frillen

Been waiting for you. So far so good then, I take it?

Yes! Reviewers weren't kidding when they said this is Skyrim with guns. Except this actually has awesome combat. Everything is also streamlined perfectly. Something that you can't say about ACIII. Crafting and making medicine is easy to learn and it's actually fun to hunt down animals to, for example, make a bigger wallet. Objective markers pop up regularly when you take down outposts and just wandering the island. You never become too overwhelmed though, and the side missions aren't that long. Which is just a positive thing for me.

Again, how Ubisoft managed to pull this of is just ridiculous.

I still want to know where to find a goat though! ANYONE!?

Edit: Found them :)

Top Bottom